Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2019, 11:57 am

www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBuIGBCF9jc

Well, no matter what choices we make and whether we give up or not we all end up in the same place. Six feet under. What's the point?

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2019, 12:11 pm

By doing the little things I get to live in a nice home and have more than enough saved for retirement.

I'm learning to sew, so now I'm in the process of altering my clothes to fit me properly. I've already hemmed most of my pants and a couple of my T shirts.

I've do my own cooking, so I get to eat the stuff I like prepared the way I like it.

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2019, 12:41 pm

BTDT wrote:
By doing the little things I get to live in a nice home and have more than enough saved for retirement.

I'm learning to sew, so now I'm in the process of altering my clothes to fit me properly. I've already hemmed most of my pants and a couple of my T shirts.

I've do my own cooking, so I get to eat the stuff I like prepared the way I like it.

So it's the little things?

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2019, 12:47 pm

It works for me.

I could have gone on disability twenty years ago with a decent good check each month but that wasn't for me.
Though many people do go that route.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2019, 1:15 pm

Disability pay has always sucked.....

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2019, 5:20 pm

Let's just say I've realized certain things recently. All of this advice of positivity, never giving up, and motivational speeches up is encouraging us to play someone else's game by someone else's rules we never got a vote in. We're told we are free and can be ourselves when it is an utter lie.

Here is what another person said

Quote:
So much of popular culture and popular thought touts the virtues of being your true self, and being an individual … but if you examine that a little more closely, the unspoken addendum to that is, “… just like millions of others.” In other words, American society has a niche for everyone, including a niche for the niche-less; and if you claim to be an individual, then you have to fit into the socially-approved niche designated as “Individual” — you don’t get to define it, it’s defined for you.

There was a car commercial a few years ago that said, “On the road of life, there are passengers, and there are drivers.” The message: “Buy our car and be a driver, not a passenger.” What they didn’t say is that you were still in the same car, whether a driver or passenger; and you were still driving on a road constructed by someone else, leading to a destination determined by someone else. That’s the American version of “finding your true self” and “being an individual” — just as long as you meet the minimum social requirements of an acceptable “true self” or “individual” as determined by others, of course.

The one thing they would never say? “Get out of the car, walk away from the road, take your own path across all that wild country around you.”

When do we start saying no? No to their bs games, double-think, eye contact, and other crap that hurts us?

Can we define the mountains we wish to define for ourselves? Why do we have to accept the ones defined for us?

Overcome adversity? Why? Especially if others create the standards that play a role in this adversity coming about?

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2019, 7:49 pm

When you become wealthy enough to say, no, I don't need to do that. I can walk away and figure something else out on my own. Which many can't because they are living paycheck to paycheck.

Which is the big problem with SSDI. The rules say you can't become wealthy enough to say no.

I moved far away from home. Which means that when I had the opportunity to go on disability, my family, thousands of miles away, had no clue. They weren't told until I had no need for their assistance.

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2019, 1:47 am

BTDT wrote:
When you become wealthy enough to say, no, I don't need to do that. I can walk away and figure something else out on my own. Which many can't because they are living paycheck to paycheck.

Which is the big problem with SSDI. The rules say you can't become wealthy enough to say no.

I moved far away from home. Which means that when I had the opportunity to go on disability, my family, thousands of miles away, had no clue. They weren't told until I had no need for their assistance.

True!

1. I don't mind busting my ass and working hard.

2. I do mind being forced to do s**t I can't do.

3. I do mind being forced to be something I'm not.

4. I do mind being in interviews when I'm forced to lie. Example: Why do you want to work here? Answer that is true for me: I don't and I'd prefer to be at home reading and writing fanfic and playing games and sleeping. This answer is not acceptable. So, one has to make up a BS answer that tells how one will bring value to the company and why I selected the company.

I see work and employment as a duty. One is required to work somewhere by society. I was not really able to fulfill this due to my impairment. I see it as a duty if one is able to be employed. I have zero desire to. So, since I feel it is a duty and have no desire I'm forced to lie.

Another thing, I climb the mountain b/c I wish to climb the mountain not b/c others demand I climb it.