[ POLL ] Are you offended when people criticize Trump?

Page 1 of 8 [ 114 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

Are you personally offended when people criticize President Donald J. Trump?
Definitely YES! 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Mostly Yes. 9%  9%  [ 5 ]
I Don't Care. 17%  17%  [ 9 ]
Mostly No. 11%  11%  [ 6 ]
Definitely NO! 60%  60%  [ 32 ]
Total votes : 53

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2019, 5:53 pm

No I’m offended when they say trump supporters are nazis, stupide, racist, etc

They say bad stuff about trump we disagree next thing you l wo we being called names

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2019, 5:55 pm

Hell Naw!! !

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2019, 6:01 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
The fact that he might declare a "national emergency" rings warning bells, too.

Many a dictator ruled under "martial law" or a "national emergency."

Democrats in my state do that for every single law they pass. Every issue in my State is an emergency apparently.

Trump is well within his power to declare a emergency.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2019, 7:00 pm

Not in the least.

And it'snot because he's not my president.

I have an equal lack of it when it comes to criticizing the good for nothing politicians ruining running my own country.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2019, 7:48 pm

I see people going on about Trump in ways that seem unrealistic and make them sound a bit kooky. It comes off as mass hysteria because its laid on so thick.

Hollywood_Guy
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2019, 8:07 pm

EzraS wrote:
I see people going on about Trump in ways that seem unrealistic and make them sound a bit kooky. It comes off as mass hysteria because its laid on so thick.

It is a form of mass hysteria. Others shouldn't be called nazis or fascist for voting or just agreeing with him. Mob-mentality. Nobody ever says he did anything positive and even then, it's twisted into a negative for them. The Democrats want to impose their agenda at all costs.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2019, 8:54 pm

So far, there have been 26 people who have selected either "I Don't Care" or one of the two options that indicate that they are mostly or totally NOT personally offended by criticism of Mr. Trump.

Excellent. Loose the hounds!

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2019, 2:01 am

Nope.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Piobaire
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2019, 6:13 am

I'm offended when people defend him, despite his being a destructive and corrupt self-dealing racist, xenophobe, "grab 'em by the p****" misogynist, bigot, Fascist, compulsive liar, malignant narcissist and idiotic semi-literate sociopath with the maturity of a spoiled toddler.
But then, I've never tolerated fools gladly.

Good people don't defend a bad man.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2019, 7:39 am

But kidding aside.

The question asked by the original poster is frankly...rather stupid.

Stupid because NO one is going to answer "yes" even if the answer really is "yes".

A person who is indeed offended by any and all criticism of Trump (or of Obama, or of Mike Huckabee, or of whomever they happened to be vested in) would NEVER admit to it. Such a person would always claim that "I believe in free speech, and blah blah blah...".

And its not really the issue anyway.

The issue is is criticism of Trump on an excessive irrational level? Or is...the belief that criticism of him is on an irrational level itself irrational?

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2019, 7:45 am

Actually a lot of the tirades and rants make me chuckle a little.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2019, 7:50 am

Fnord wrote:
So far, there have been 26 people who have selected either "I Don't Care" or one of the two options that indicate that they are mostly or totally NOT personally offended by criticism of Mr. Trump.

Excellent. Loose the hounds!

Oh god does this mean you're going to start flooding the forums? You got 26 votes because that's close to the total number of people who participate these days.

If anyone has an agenda, they really should take it to Reddit or wherever where it will actually be seen by more then 30 people.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2019, 2:30 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
But kidding aside.

The question asked by the original poster is frankly...rather stupid.

Stupid because NO one is going to answer "yes" even if the answer really is "yes".

A person who is indeed offended by any and all criticism of Trump (or of Obama, or of Mike Huckabee, or of whomever they happened to be vested in) would NEVER admit to it. Such a person would always claim that "I believe in free speech, and blah blah blah...".

And its not really the issue anyway.

The issue is is criticism of Trump on an excessive irrational level? Or is...the belief that criticism of him is on an irrational level itself irrational?

The votes are anonymous so I think people are more likely to be honest in their vote.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2019, 3:39 pm

Yeah, the Trump criticisms here are intellectually offensive.

1. Mostly, it's something absurd, or something nobody cares about (a recent criticism here: "Trump didn't make as much money as Bill Gates").

2. Commonly, it's ad Hitlerum fallacious propaganda. ("Trump is a NAZI/fascist".)

3. Mostly, the critic fails to provide an explanation, or evidence.

4. Links to biased web sites are common.

5. IMO substantive criticisms are never talked about, because Trump critics appear to be merely parroting propaganda.

6. Trump critics rarely (never) discuss positives, so the critic appears biased.

7. Trump critics promote fallacious reasoning, "Trump is a narcissist" therefore .... ". Therefore what? Maybe a "narcissist" is a positive. Take a college class in psychology and learn that there are positive/negative personality traits with all personality types.

8. Mostly critics appear to only understand their criticisms in a superficial way, so they give off a "orange man bad" vibe.

9. It all comes across as silly, goofy, unintellectual, so yes, intellectually offensive.

karathraceandherspecialdestiny
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2019, 4:15 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:

1. Mostly, it's something absurd, or something nobody cares about (a recent criticism here: "Trump didn't make as much money as Bill Gates").

2. Commonly, it's ad Hitlerum fallacious propaganda. ("Trump is a NAZI/fascist".)

5. IMO substantive criticisms are never talked about, because Trump critics appear to be merely parroting propaganda.

6. Trump critics rarely (never) discuss positives, so the critic appears biased.

7. Trump critics promote fallacious reasoning, "Trump is a narcissist" therefore .... ". Therefore what? Maybe a "narcissist" is a positive. Take a college class in psychology and learn that there are positive/negative personality traits with all personality types.

8. Mostly critics appear to only understand their criticisms in a superficial way, so they give off a "orange man bad" vibe.

9. It all comes across as silly, goofy, unintellectual, so yes, intellectually offensive.

This is just gaslighting, which Trump himself does a lot. Yes, we are all hysterical and crazy and intellectually challenged because we don't like Trump, all the world is insane except the people who see Trump's genius. Next you'll be describing the beauty of the emperor's new clothes to us. :lol:

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2019, 4:21 pm

karathraceandherspecialdestiny wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:

7. Trump critics promote fallacious reasoning, "Trump is a narcissist" therefore .... ". Therefore what? Maybe a "narcissist" is a positive. Take a college class in psychology and learn that tphere are positive/negative personality traits with all personality types.

This is just gaslighting, which Trump himself does a lot. Yes, we are all hysterical and crazy and intellectually challenged because we don't like Trump, all the world is insane except the people who see Trump's genius. Next you'll be describing the beauty of the emperor's new clothes to us. :lol:

You don’t seem to care when the anti trumps do it.

Trumps nit a emperor, and you wonder why anti trump people come off as irrational