Up to You
And
me too.

My Only Dream Is
Love And While iT Will
Be Difficult to Achieve
Possible It Is For You too.

I Find Absolutely NO YES NO
ONE Annoying For i Give Them No Rule Over me.

And 'Quiet' Frankly (fredLY) That'S iMpossible to Do Until You
Regulate YouR Emotions And Integrate Your Senses And Master You.

Love Your Enemy IS A Load of Cr8P UNtil You Master The EnemY iN Yourself.

After That
You Eat The
Cake And The iCinG
No Matter iF anYone Wants THE 'Peace' Or Not.

Thanks 'Wrong Planet' For The Daily DArk/LiGht MusE JusT CruiSinG; Through..;)

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2019, 12:20 pm

Fnord wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
... atheists do bad s**t to people all the time too. Many scientists around the world who have conducted experiments on live human test subjects during times of war were atheists.
Can you cite some data, please?

TW1ZTY wrote:
And I don't know of any atheists who help out with charity. Since a lot of Christians are the ones running homeless shelters or donating canned goods, clothes, and money to the needy I get the feeling a lot of atheists think they are simply too good to be around them (because anything related to religous people is stupid right?) but they'll sit around complaining about how poverty is one of our worst problems. What exactly do any of them do to actually HELP with that other than complain about it?
About 1/3 of all the volunteers I've met down at the homeless shelter have either professed atheism, agnosticism, or no religious preference at all (they are too "spiritual").

I'm not trying to knock you, but my personal experiences say otherwise. Yours, of course, may vary.

https://www.bestpsychologydegrees.com/3 ... n-history/

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unethic ... ted_States

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of ... technology

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2019, 1:02 pm

But you know what? I think atheists are right, there really is no creator or afterlife.

Of course that don't mean I have to like being around them when I hear them call other people idiots and mock them.

Maybe I'll start becoming a misanthrope and learn to hate all people regardles of their beliefs, or lack of beliefs. I think humans suck and are untrustworthy regardless of what they believe in or don't believe in.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2019, 1:26 pm

TW1ZTY wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
HighLlama wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
HighLlama wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
I'm not religous either but I get very annoyed and offended everytime I see atheists call somebody an idiot for having religous beliefs. They have no respect for anyone else's opinions because they think anyone who doesn't embrace science and cold hard facts is an idiot, so I guess basically when it comes down to it they really aren't much different from those annoying Christians who are always putting down anyone who is a non-Christain. I just don't like seeing people put other people down for the sake of feeling superior and atheists are just as guilty of that crap as religous fanatics are. :roll:

Some atheists are like the religious fundamentalists. Those atheists seem to think all people take religion or religious ideas literally, therefor those believers are idiots for believing in such obviously unbelievable things (on a literal level). Science can be worshipped, too.

Question, isn't it idiocy to take it too literal or to be a hateful person or to refuse medical care for your child because of religion? Isn't it also idiocy to do terrorism because you took it so literal?

Or if these people aren't idiots, then I know what kind of people they are and they are just using religion to hide behind it. Like when I was ten, I tried to make homework be against my religion. I didn't want to do homework so I tried to hide behind my own religion.

Yes, that is idiocy too. That is the kind of mindset I am criticizing.

I am honestly convinced people just use religion for that stuff and they are still not excused. Like I always say, religion is not an excuse for child abuse or to be hateful or to neglect your health or your child's or to do terrorism or to murder someone in your family or to disown someone, etc. any bad stuff. People that try to defend it, I always say "Religion is no excuse."

Yeah, well atheists do bad s**t to people all the time too. Many scientists around the world who have conducted experiments on live human test subjects during times of war were atheists.

And I don't know of any atheists who help out with charity. Since a lot of Christians are the ones running homeless shelters or donating canned goods, clothes, and money to the needy I get the feeling a lot of atheists think they are simply too good to be around them (because anything related to religous people is stupid right?) but they'll sit around complaining about how poverty is one of our worst problems. What exactly do any of them do to actually HELP with that other than complain about it?

I have donated to Goodwill or sent stuff off to Salvation Army. If I don't want it anymore, I donate it than throw it out. I don't like things going to waste. You have food you don't need or want, donate it. I have done a toy drive by buying at least one present to give to Toys for Tots.

Like I say, you don't need religion to do good things, you can still do these things without believing in god and you do it because you want to help the poor and like to recycle stuff than have it go to waste. If you are rich enough, you can choose to buy brand new things to donate or buy food for the sake of donating it, some people do that. If you are too poor to do it, you can donate instead when you don't need it anymore or got food from the food drive you don't want than throwing it away.

Less and less Americans are becoming religious, why? Because we don't need it anymore. It could also be because they had it forced on them as kids and they hated it so they became athiests or agnostic. You can believe in god but not believe in religion.

No one knows I am athiest until they ask me if I go to church or believe in god or ask what my religion is. No one at work has ever given me s**t for it but strangers and random people online. Heck I don't even know others are religious until they mention church or mention their religion or when I see them pray. Not all of them are vocal about it and they just keep it to themselves and not force it on anyone. I don't hide the fact I don't believe in god but I am not vocal about it either.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2019, 2:01 pm

You know something, I really would love to do charity and help people because I know what it's like to be poor and struggling.

About the only thing I can do is give a homeless man any loose change I have (when I have it) and that's probably a bad thing because many of them will propably spend it on drugs. I once gave a man $20 that was given to me for my birthday.

I really do want to help people like that, but I have no control over my own finances. Besides I'll probably just end up homeless one day myself.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2019, 2:30 am

Disliking Islam is not “xenophobic”. It’s okay to dislike one or more religions.

I pick and choose the religious work that I have time for.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2019, 4:40 am

hale_bopp wrote:
Disliking Islam is not “xenophobic”. It’s okay to dislike one or more religions.

I pick and choose the religious work that I have time for.

Of course it's not Xenophobic, it's "Islamaphobic".

Xenophobia is when you are afraid of or hate people who come from countries and cultures outside of your own. Americans being afraid of "illegal immigrants" is a prime example of xenophobia.

And xenophobia is different from racism. Xenophobes can hate people of the same race too if they happen to come from a different country or region. Kind of like Japan's distrust of Asian people from other Asian countries like China and Korea.

Americans actually are xenophobic towards Middle Eastern people, Muslim or Not. But many are Islamaphobic too.

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2019, 9:08 am

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2019, 9:14 am

Wolfram87 wrote:

So you're saying it's ok to be prejudice towards Islamic people?

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2019, 9:20 am

TW1ZTY wrote:
Wolfram87 wrote:

That's not what he's saying Twiz

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2019, 9:25 am

SaveFerris wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
Wolfram87 wrote:

What is he saying then? :?:

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2019, 9:37 am

TW1ZTY wrote:
Wolfram87 wrote:

I do not know why if someone tells a joke or publishes memes about Jews or Muslims, he is immediately accused of being an anti-Semitic Islamophobe, xenophobe, fascist and God knows who else, when someone tells a joke about a pedophile priest, it is just how wonderful and funny the joke was :mrgreen:

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2019, 9:45 am

TW1ZTY wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
Wolfram87 wrote:

[Pedantry] Well firstly it's a misattributed quote , it was actually said by Andrew Cummins [/Pedantry]

Basically it saying people didn't have a problem with Islam till the word was created to create propaganda.

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2019, 9:46 am

pawelk1986 wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
Wolfram87 wrote:

I do not know why if someone tells a joke or publishes memes about Jews or Muslims, he is immediately accused of being an anti-Semitic Islamophobe, xenophobe, fascist and God knows who else, when someone tells a joke about a pedophile priest, it is just how wonderful and funny the joke was :mrgreen:

Personally I don't find pedophile priest jokes about Catholics funny either. As I said earlier I think it's very much a double standard how all this hatred towards Christians is tolerated by society today but if you openly admit to disliking religions such as Islam and Judiasm (ESPECIALLY Judiasm) it somehow makes you a horrible person.

I don't think it should be ok to look down on people of ANY religion. It's ok to admit that you disagree with their beliefs but it's very mean to go out of one's way to offend anybody's beliefs.

I no longer laugh at Pedophile Priest jokes or jokes about Muslims being terrorists or Jewish mothers being crazy.

And Ok Mr. Weasel I guess maybe now I understand. :)

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2019, 9:58 am

SaveFerris wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
Wolfram87 wrote:

[Pedantry] Well firstly it's a misattributed quote , it was actually said by Andrew Cummins [/Pedantry]

Basically it saying people didn't have a problem with Islam till the word was created to create propaganda.

So...

you're saying that "nobody hated Islam until somebody coined the phrase 'Islamophobia', which means "hatred of Muslims", which is meant as a slur against all of the...nonexistent people ...who hate Muslims, and that magically caused folks who didn't hate Muslims to start hating Muslims"?

Last edited by naturalplastic on 19 Jan 2019, 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2019, 10:00 am

naturalplastic wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
Wolfram87 wrote:

So...

you're saying that "nobody hated Islam until somebody coined the phrase 'Islamophobia', which means "hatred of Muslims", which is meant as a slur against all of the...nonexistent people ...who hate Muslims, and it caused folks who didn't hate Muslims to start hating Muslims because they were offended by being labeled as "people who mate Muslims'"?

Good point...

There's always been people who hated Muslims. But somebody finally put a label on it is all.