Crimadella
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2019, 1:07 pm

karathraceandherspecialdestiny wrote:
Crimadella wrote:
Crimadella wrote:
it's very odd when I think about this...Rather than controlling yourself and using protection, "safe sex", people just go around screwing without care then go get an abortion.

Well you don't have to worry because you can stop thinking that as it's not how it usually works.

https://www.guttmacher.org/sites/defaul ... 711005.pdf
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/0 ... ew-report/
https://www.guttmacher.org/journals/psr ... -2000-2001
http://americanpregnancy.org/preventing ... l-failure/

Most women have abortions because they can't afford children or because they already have children and can't afford more. There may be the occasionally crazy who has several and refuses to use birth control, but the large majority of women who get abortions are there for several reasons, including not being able to afford more kids and their birth control failing them. Many are already parents who don't want or can't afford more children. They're not out there "slutting it up" without protection and getting abortions willy-nilly like you seem to think, so you can stop thinking that now.

One, it's not solely on women, don't twist my words, I do believe it takes both a man and a woman to cocieve a child. Two, I have known plenty of woman who got pregnant in that exact fashion. 3, I already said I believe women should have the right to have abortions. Unsafe sex is largely practiced, how do you think std's spread?

"Screw your statistics, I have anecdotes! Far more scientific and reliable, those."

:lol:

You're cute.

Let me rephrase. If "birth control" seems to fail so often, wouldn't it seem more logical to not rely on it and use condoms?

Crimadella
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2019, 1:35 pm

One huge problem with politics and mass media is people aren't held accountable for lies. All political sides to it repeatedly, and it makes politics a very confusing mess where news in general can't be trusted, if it can't be trusted then there is no point in having it. I don't trust the government, media or politicians because of the simple fact that you have no idea of what to trust. Most things that are done, most bills that are passed seem to be mostly directed at government gaining more and more control over humanity in general, truly turning us into slaves. It almost feels like we have gone to far and recovery is an impossibility. It's very negative and spreads depression and hopelessness.

I think the wrong approach is being taken, rather than lashing out at people who disagree, we should be more open to discussion. In one small example, as a white person in the south, I have encountered racist whites, not extreme racism, just the little comments here and there. Rather than attacking them I simply try to discuss and give them examples they can confirm themselves to show them their flaw in thought.

When it comes back to things like Trump, it's too much of a mess for your average person to even know what to think because spreading lies has apparently became acceptable within media, journalism and politics. I really believe that is an issue more important than anything. If you flat out lie to project any given political opinion you should be relieved of your position if you are in politics, government or media.

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2019, 1:49 pm

It's the media who holds politicians and other media figures accountable for lies or mistakes. I find that Republicans deliberately muddy the waters of truth, because in the resulting chaos, they can steal and implement their agenda. Sure, government is control, but no problems can be addressed without some measure of control. Control is power, and we empower our government so that it is effective.

Crimadella
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2019, 2:28 pm

The left is just as guilty as the right at disinformation.

Crimadella
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2019, 2:49 pm

That's my main point, whether it's right or left view points, that is completely separate from publishing disinformation, and it's very common within media in general. I have read many articles from both sides, both political sides misinform to push their own political views. To insist one is more honest than the other is to simple pick a political side. I have no side, I agree with particular things that fall in to both parties, or all three parties actually. I'm mostly concerned with out of control spending, our country is like a kid with a credit cards that doesn't understand the downfall of debt. It's a ticking time bomb and all parties seem to contribute to increasing the debt ceiling rather than lowering it. Things like the federal reserve seem to make no sense to me. It's basically a company, a bank, that charges our country interest to produce it's currency. In the constitution it says only congress should produce currency, and if congress produced or currency it would not have interest rates. Doesn't that seem like a scam?

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2019, 2:51 pm

Crimadella wrote:

Lie.

Crimadella
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2019, 2:55 pm

To give an example, left winged media was all over trump for wanting to build the wall at the border. Where were they when both Obama and Hillary suggested the exact same thing? Where was the left wing media when Hillary lied over and over again? They were on her side, so they didn't report on it.

Crimadella
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2019, 3:08 pm

:oops:

AspE wrote:
Crimadella wrote:

Lie.

Lol. No, it isn't a lie. Do you really want me to prove you wrong, it wouldn't take much time and I can produce articles for you to fact check yourself. I will even let you pick the media source, so who would you like me to expose?

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2019, 3:10 pm

Where is the popcorn emoji?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2019, 3:27 pm

Crimadella wrote:
To give an example, left winged media was all over trump for wanting to build the wall at the border. Where were they when both Obama and Hillary suggested the exact same thing? Where was the left wing media when Hillary lied over and over again? They were on her side, so they didn't report on it.

Obama and Clinton didn't summon up the evil spirit of Anti-Latino bigotry and nativism like Trump did in order to encourage his wall.

Crimadella
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2019, 3:38 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Crimadella wrote:

Obama and Clinton didn't summon up the evil spirit of Anti-Latino bigotry and nativism like Trump did in order to encourage his wall.

Hmm. I wasn't sure he actually did that, are you sure that even happened of is that just the left spin. I watched some of his speeches when he was running for president, the myth that only racist whites voted for him was a left spin. I happen to have native blood in me, I never once saw him speaking hate speech, some of the things he said could be twisted, if you really are just looking to catch him being racist. He isn't that bright at speeches, people jump all over his speeches by taking things out of context and making a hateful spin with it. You know, alot of blacks, Mexicans, Latinos and Muslims voted for him, you can find them speaking out all over YouTube. You know it's a left spin when people interpreted "all lives matter" as hate speech. To me, that is ridiculous, who in their right mind doesn't agree that all lives matter??

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2019, 4:01 pm

Crimadella wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Crimadella wrote:

Hmm. I wasn't sure he actually did that, are you sure that even happened of is that just the left spin. I watched some of his speeches when he was running for president, the myth that only racist whites voted for him was a left spin. I happen to have native blood in me, I never once saw him speaking hate speech, some of the things he said could be twisted, if you really are just looking to catch him being racist. He isn't that bright at speeches, people jump all over his speeches by taking things out of context and making a hateful spin with it. You know, alot of blacks, Mexicans, Latinos and Muslims voted for him, you can find them speaking out all over YouTube. You know it's a left spin when people interpreted "all lives matter" as hate speech. To me, that is ridiculous, who in their right mind doesn't agree that all lives matter??

Trump, in his declaration speech: "Mexico is not sending their best people. They're murderers, they're bringing drugs, and some of them, I assume, are good people."
He questioned if a Mexican American judge who had ruled against him could be unbiased.
Later, he quoted white nationalist sites, such as the completely fabricated claim that most white murder victims are killed by blacks.
Then there was the Anti-Clinton white nationalist meme with a greedy Clinton sharing the page with a Jewish Star of David. No, it was not a Marshal's badge.
He promised to halt all immigration from Muslim countries.
He suggested that the polls should be watched by what he described as "Red Shirts," against voting fraud by who he described as, "You know who I'm talking about!" And indeed they did, as Trump supporters watching for voters voting more than once said they were keeping an eye open for Latinos and Blacks.
Stephen Miller, Trump's Jewish Nazi. 'Nuff said.
Yes, there were minorities who had voted for Trump, but the mass majority of them did not.

karathraceandherspecialdestiny
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2019, 4:37 pm

Crimadella wrote:
Crimadella wrote:
Crimadella wrote:
it's very odd when I think about this...Rather than controlling yourself and using protection, "safe sex", people just go around screwing without care then go get an abortion.

Well you don't have to worry because you can stop thinking that as it's not how it usually works.

https://www.guttmacher.org/sites/defaul ... 711005.pdf
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/0 ... ew-report/
https://www.guttmacher.org/journals/psr ... -2000-2001
http://americanpregnancy.org/preventing ... l-failure/

Most women have abortions because they can't afford children or because they already have children and can't afford more. There may be the occasionally crazy who has several and refuses to use birth control, but the large majority of women who get abortions are there for several reasons, including not being able to afford more kids and their birth control failing them. Many are already parents who don't want or can't afford more children. They're not out there "slutting it up" without protection and getting abortions willy-nilly like you seem to think, so you can stop thinking that now.

One, it's not solely on women, don't twist my words, I do believe it takes both a man and a woman to cocieve a child. Two, I have known plenty of woman who got pregnant in that exact fashion. 3, I already said I believe women should have the right to have abortions. Unsafe sex is largely practiced, how do you think std's spread?

"Screw your statistics, I have anecdotes! Far more scientific and reliable, those."

:lol:

You're cute.

Let me rephrase. If "birth control" seems to fail so often, wouldn't it seem more logical to not rely on it and use condoms?

Condoms are a form of birth control, and many women (including myself when I was younger) use more than one method at once. Condoms break, pills and hormones fail. There is no 100% effective form of birth control. This is why abortion needs to remain available to women--because we can't be expected to just never have sex. There would be a whole lot of furious men in the world if women suddenly decided to use the only truly effective form of birth control, which is abstinence. Men wouldn't stand for that either, so denying women abortion rights seems counter-intuitive for men who want to have sex with women.

Crimadella
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2019, 7:11 pm

Quote:

Condoms are a form of birth control, and many women (including myself when I was younger) use more than one method at once. Condoms break, pills and hormones fail. There is no 100% effective form of birth control. This is why abortion needs to remain available to women--because we can't be expected to just never have sex. There would be a whole lot of furious men in the world if women suddenly decided to use the only truly effective form of birth control, which is abstinence. Men wouldn't stand for that either, so denying women abortion rights seems counter-intuitive for men who want to have sex with women.

Lol. I agree with you, though you may be more responsible, it doesn't mean everyone else is. The combination of birth control medication and condom would seem to be the right approach. I'm unsure if this part is true but I have heard that we as tax payers actually participate in paying for abortions, as in our tax money goes towards abortions. If that is true I would stand strong on saying that is wrong, we should not all be responsible to pay for an individuals mistakes, I call it a mistake because getting pregnant unintended is a mistake. I would assume that the pill and condom combo would result in a dramatic drop in abortions needed. There are a lot of irresponsible people, I'm sure you could agree with me there.

I don't think men would be the only ones going crazy without sex. Lol. Love making is a beautiful thing to share between couples. Or just having sexual exploration in general. I just wish people would be more cautious. It hurts everyone involved, even with the option of abortions there is still the financial burden of paying for the abortion.

I watched a video about some kinda bird in Africa that has a much more disturbing method of getting rid of young it can't afford to invest in, where they will actually let it starve to death because they can't guarantee they will be able to catch enough food to feed both of their young. They plan to have two, but one is really a back up. So I consider our form of abortion a lot better than examples within nature. Also, I'm big on planned parenthood, not the slogan but meaning I personally would want the best opportunities for my child, which is why I don't have one because with my issues I would not be able to provide that. It sucks but it is the hand I was dealt.

Crimadella
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2019, 7:20 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Crimadella wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Crimadella wrote:

Trump, in his declaration speech: "Mexico is not sending their best people. They're murderers, they're bringing drugs, and some of them, I assume, are good people."
He questioned if a Mexican American judge who had ruled against him could be unbiased.
Later, he quoted white nationalist sites, such as the completely fabricated claim that most white murder victims are killed by blacks.
Then there was the Anti-Clinton white nationalist meme with a greedy Clinton sharing the page with a Jewish Star of David. No, it was not a Marshal's badge.
He promised to halt all immigration from Muslim countries.
He suggested that the polls should be watched by what he described as "Red Shirts," against voting fraud by who he described as, "You know who I'm talking about!" And indeed they did, as Trump supporters watching for voters voting more than once said they were keeping an eye open for Latinos and Blacks.
Stephen Miller, Trump's Jewish Nazi. 'Nuff said.
Yes, there were minorities who had voted for Trump, but the mass majority of them did not.

Link me to some of these articles so I can research them. It's best to take information in with a grain of salt, media manipulation has gotten extremely bad these days, and it is all media. I will even watch his whole speech to make sure things weren't taken out of context, to quote a few lines just doesn't do it for me.

karathraceandherspecialdestiny
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2019, 7:24 pm

Crimadella wrote:
Quote:

Lol. I agree with you, though you may be more responsible, it doesn't mean everyone else is. The combination of birth control medication and condom would seem to be the right approach. I'm unsure if this part is true but I have heard that we as tax payers actually participate in paying for abortions, as in our tax money goes towards abortions. If that is true I would stand strong on saying that is wrong, we should not all be responsible to pay for an individuals mistakes, I call it a mistake because getting pregnant unintended is a mistake. I would assume that the pill and condom combo would result in a dramatic drop in abortions needed. There are a lot of irresponsible people, I'm sure you could agree with me there.

I don't think men would be the only ones going crazy without sex. Lol. Love making is a beautiful thing to share between couples. Or just having sexual exploration in general. I just wish people would be more cautious. It hurts everyone involved, even with the option of abortions there is still the financial burden of paying for the abortion.

I watched a video about some kinda bird in Africa that has a much more disturbing method of getting rid of young it can't afford to invest in, where they will actually let it starve to death because they can't guarantee they will be able to catch enough food to feed both of their young. They plan to have two, but one is really a back up. So I consider our form of abortion a lot better than examples within nature. Also, I'm big on planned parenthood, not the slogan but meaning I personally would want the best opportunities for my child, which is why I don't have one because with my issues I would not be able to provide that. It sucks but it is the hand I was dealt.

OK, you seem convinced that most women are slutting it up and getting pregnant willy-nilly no matter what I say and what statistics on the topic I provide you with (I wonder if you even looked at them)--so I'm just going to stop talking to you now as it's like talking to a brick wall.