If it wasn't for fake hate crimes there might be none at all

Page 1 of 6 [ 89 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2019, 3:10 am

ANOTHER FAKE HATE CRIME? OF COURSE IT IS

When a guy named Jussie Smollett, who is an actor on a TV show called Empire, claimed that he was attacked in the middle of the night, in his exclusive Navy Pier neighborhood of Chicago, by a couple of Trump supporters wearing “MAGA” hats, no one with any sense believed him. It was obviously another in a long series of such claims, pretty much all of which turn out to be frauds. That was the case here, as most people always assumed.

The truth is finally coming out, as the Chicago police have patiently investigated Smollett’s story. First, though, let’s visit the liberal media’s uncritical reaction to Smollett’s transparent fabrication. Our friends at Grabien have an excellent compendium:

[See link for video of lying fake-news media lying and lying and lying]

It turns out that the whole thing was a hoax. Smollett apparently paid two Nigerian brothers who were extras on Empire to fake the attack on him:

"Empire star Jussie Smollett paid two men $3,500 to stage an assault against him which he later claimed was an attack motivated by racism and homophobia, investigators in Chicago now believe.

"The stunning turn of events has rapidly transformed the beloved actor who was once thought to be the victim of a heinous hate crime into a suspect in a criminal investigation.

"The two men involved in the alleged hoax are now fully cooperating with law enforcement, CNN is reporting on Saturday."

What a shock! Of course, no one who pays attention is surprised. It is another left-wing hoax, promoted by news outlets that probably knew better. But it’s all for the anti-Trump narrative, like so much of what we read in newspapers these days.

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/ ... -it-is.php

There Are Four Lights!

Crimadella
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2019, 8:30 am

Doesn't surprise me. Very typical of radical leftists, If people don't believe us we must deceive others and create fake incidents. Like white democrats posing as 'white supremacists', leaving extremely racist comments on Candace Owens answering machine to convince her that 'conservatives' hate black people. Police got involved and traced it back to her 'white democratic friends', I assume because she was expressing her interest in conservative ideas. Call me crazy but it seems there are way more radical leftists than radical conservatives(A fairly small minority of white supremacists).

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2019, 8:56 am

Hate crimes still exist.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2019, 9:56 am

One fake hate crime by a third-rate actor seeking attention, sympathy and free publicity does not make all hate crimes fake. And if he thinks that anyone will employ him now -- for even a non-speaking walk-on role -- he had better wake up and seek another line of work.

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2019, 10:02 am

You call this fake?

https://www.foxnews.com/us/pittsburgh-synagogue-shooting-leaves-11-dead-and-6-wounded-suspect-hit-with-multiple-charges

You've certainly pushed the envelope to an unprecedented degree. What next?

Crimadella
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2019, 10:06 am

I haven't seen anyone state that hate crimes don't occur. They do. People falsifying hate crimes is the topic of discussion.

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2019, 10:39 am

I think that is an overly sweeping title to the thread.

The Smollett case does appear to be a hoax.

"If her man cheats on her, she's going to pull a Bobbitt."
"Don't be a Benedict Arnold!"
and....."I don't know, this is looking like a Smollett to me." I guess it would be fitting enough as anything else to make it into the permanent lexicon.

Given that he's gay and an African American, if I were either, I would be wanting him to apologize to each community. That would be a big deal to me. Why? It tarnishes the communities. I would hope most people have enough common sense not to apply the wrong and shameful actions of one person to apply to an entire community, but human nature leads people to think otherwise.

A group of coworkers and I were victims of something similar to a hate crime hoax years ago:

I had a data entry job in the early 1990s which required each employee to 10 key data from paper forms as fast as possible into a software program. The skills required to do this effectively had nothing to do with a person's race.

Each of us had a "mail" slot and before the start of our shift, our supervisor would already have distributed difficult forms that required more time and effort to decipher and complete than the standard forms that comprised most of our work. No one wanted the difficult forms because our performance was tracked and judged on how many forms we could process in a shift.

One employee was caught taking her difficult forms from her mail slot and sticking them in other employee's mail slots. She was warned that doing that again would be grounds for termination. The employee was of a "minority" race.

One morning we were all called together at the supervisor's cubicle (approximately 15 of us). The supervisor was standing with that employee. The supervisor announced that the employee had found a note in her mail slot that included racial epithets. The supervisor said she didn't assume that the perpetrator among us would come forward right then and there, but she asked for that anyway. I felt terrible and awkward. In those situations, ever since childhood, I've felt guilty even when doing nothing wrong. I don't know why I've always felt this way.

Since no one came forward, the supervisor told us that the perpetrator would have the chance to come to her privately to admit the wrongdoing while they continued to investigate and we were sent to our cubicles. We were abuzz for the next few days with: "Who did it?", "Do you think it was [ ]?", "It wasn't me. Do you do it?".......

A work group that previously felt friendly now felt tarnished, ugly and sad. It was a large company and other work groups even on different floors heard about our group and there was an air of judgement against us in the building.

It turned out...the employee wrote the note herself and put it in her own mail slot. Apparently she did this to take the focus away from her due to her being reprimanded for putting her work into other people's mail slots.

She was allowed to remain at the job and she was there after I moved on about a year later. The part of the whole thing that bothered me greatly was that she did not apologize to the rest of us for making us suspects of racist hate when in fact none of us did any such thing. It's hard for me to stress how troubled I was about it. To me it's as if the entire situation was left unresolved. I believed an apology from her was a very important part of resolving the issue.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2019, 10:56 am

Crimadella wrote:
I haven't seen anyone state that hate crimes don't occur...
Darmok wrote:
Okay, so "might be" is the OP's way of weaseling out of a blatant sweeping generalization. Still, there are people who see a single exception as negating the truthfulness of hundreds of other claims.

Crimadella
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2019, 11:12 am

Fnord wrote:
Crimadella wrote:
I haven't seen anyone state that hate crimes don't occur...
Darmok wrote:
Okay, so "might be" is the OP's way of weaseling out of a blatant sweeping generalization. Still, there are people who see a single exception as negating the truthfulness of hundreds of other claims.

Ah....I see the tittle. I read it, I forgot about it when reading the article. I don't understand how people bring themselves to this type of behavior, hate crimes or false hate crimes. A lot of people have serious problems. I see by the tittle false conclusions were made, Might be is even and understatement(They definitely occur). There are examples of hate crimes all over the globe including the US.

Ollywog
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

18 Feb 2019, 1:21 pm

Well, I'm relieved to know that so many people I thought had been killed are only fake-dead.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2019, 1:22 pm

Jussie Smollett is a victim of Democrat propaganda ...

How absurd that a MAGA hat wearing white man with noose and bleach would shout, "THIS IS TRUMP COUNTRY".

Last edited by LoveNotHate on 18 Feb 2019, 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2019, 1:22 pm

There Are Four Lights!

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2019, 1:59 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:
Jussie Smollett is a victim of Democrat propaganda ...
No ... he's a victim of his own machinations and arrogance ... thinking that he could manipulate the Media when the Media is much too savvy to be manipulated for very long ... the truth is starting to come out that Smollett was desperate for publicity, and he thought that by exploiting his race and gayness, he could put his name out there and gain the sympathies of his fans and fellow actors.

Sure, the Media was duped; but it was the Media that also uncovered the scam. Now we all get to watch Smollett's acting career turn to slime and flow down the sewer-hole where it belongs.

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2019, 3:30 pm

I only wish all of them were fake.

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2019, 3:32 pm

AspE wrote:
I only wish all of them were fake.

I'm assuming you mean you wish none of it (ie hate crimes or hoax hate crimes) happened at all rather than wishing they were all only hoaxes which would still then result in innocent people being blamed for things they didn't do. If that's what you mean, I agree with you completely.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2019, 4:40 pm

I had my doubts about his story from the get-go because

1. Buried in the original stories about this were the facts that there was no video evidence of the attack which seems unlikely in this day and age.
2. His description of the attack the attack seemed like well a Hollywood version of what a Trump era hate crime would look like. How would the "racist homophobes" know exactly where he we be in order to attack him?

I did not say anything at the time because faking a hate crime is an extremely serious thing for reasons I will go into below. It must be noted that the investigation is still ongoing I am only writing about this as the suspicions are now public.

The title of this thread is offensive. Tell the 11 million or so that died in the Holocaust, or the thousands that died at the hands of the KKK hate crimes are fake.

If as I highly SUSPECT it turns out he did fake it this is going to cause the untold damage of who knows how many real victims who have been attacked all or in part because of the group they are born into or the attackers thought they belonged to not being believed. It gives validation for people to start threads with titles like this.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman