Japan managed to win its war on drugs. Why can't we?

Page 5 of 13 [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 13  Next

techstepgenr8tion
SomeRandomGuy
SomeRandomGuy

User avatar

Joined: 6 Feb 2005
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 21,023
Location: The 27th Path of Peh.

13 Feb 2019, 5:05 pm

cberg wrote:
Some of you are cool.

Everyone else PLEASE STAY OUT OF COLORADO.

I'm still shaking off the shock that for something like three pages everyone was tacitly agreeing with prohibition. It' part of why I commented earlier - either the OP just got real lucky with who responded or some really strange public unconscious stuff is coming up to the surface.


_________________
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privelege of owning yourself" - Rudyard Kipling


shlaifu
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 26 May 2014
Age: 36
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,370

13 Feb 2019, 5:09 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
cberg wrote:
Some of you are cool.

Everyone else PLEASE STAY OUT OF COLORADO.

I'm still shaking off the shock that for something like three pages everyone was tacitly agreeing with prohibition. It' part of why I commented earlier - either the OP just got real lucky with who responded or some really strange public unconscious stuff is coming up to the surface.


I think OP got lucky - and I think OP doesn't know much about modern Japanese society and its problems.


_________________
I can read facial expressions. I did the test.


Crimadella
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Jan 2019
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,644
Location: Warner Robins, Ga

13 Feb 2019, 5:38 pm

I change my position after watching this amazing evidence that has surfaced....

Then again, to catch a doper you must first, become a smoker, lol.



JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Feb 2016
Age: 36
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,311
Location: Palestine

13 Feb 2019, 5:48 pm

cberg wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
I find it outrageous that a lot of staunch opponents of freedom of speech and expression make an argument that people should be free to do what they want when it comes to cannabis when that actually does affect others.


Plainly none of you seem to care about cancer therapy, little kids' seizures or even your seniors' ailments.

This thread is disgusting & bigoted. If you're going to drag me through the mud for smoking, say it to my face & prepare for no drama whatsoever.


What the f**k are you talking about? Get a grip, your post is the definition of bigotry. Don't start bringing in cancer as propaganda, that's disgusting. No one said a word to you so drop your phony outrage.

The plan from the beggining was to use the medicinal argument to eventually legalise the drug.


_________________
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"


cberg
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Dec 2011
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,130
Location: Boulder CO

13 Feb 2019, 5:54 pm

You clearly have no idea what Marijuana prohibition is. It began as a Jim Crow law that was disproportionately applied to African Americans.

You say I'm spreading cancer? My mom is a cancer researcher & she favors legalization because cannabidiol saves lives. I wouldn't be alive to write this had I not been introduced to medical Marijuana.

I think you just don't care about others cancer nor seizures, PTSD, neuropathy, or pretty much any chronic pain conditions.

The fact that you mentioned cancer as a casual bit of slang says a lot about you. Bye.


_________________
"Standing on a well-chilled cinder, we see the fading of the suns, and try to recall the vanished brilliance of the origin of the worlds."
-Georges Lemaitre
"I fly through hyperspace, in my green computer interface"
-Gem Tos :mrgreen:


cberg
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Dec 2011
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,130
Location: Boulder CO

13 Feb 2019, 5:55 pm

I'm a pothead & I test the browser you're using to insult me. You're welcome for the quality code.


_________________
"Standing on a well-chilled cinder, we see the fading of the suns, and try to recall the vanished brilliance of the origin of the worlds."
-Georges Lemaitre
"I fly through hyperspace, in my green computer interface"
-Gem Tos :mrgreen:


Crimadella
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Jan 2019
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,644
Location: Warner Robins, Ga

13 Feb 2019, 5:56 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
cberg wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
I find it outrageous that a lot of staunch opponents of freedom of speech and expression make an argument that people should be free to do what they want when it comes to cannabis when that actually does affect others.


Plainly none of you seem to care about cancer therapy, little kids' seizures or even your seniors' ailments.

This thread is disgusting & bigoted. If you're going to drag me through the mud for smoking, say it to my face & prepare for no drama whatsoever.


What the f**k are you talking about? Get a grip, your post is the definition of bigotry. Don't start bringing in cancer as propaganda, that's disgusting. No one said a word to you so drop your phony outrage.

The plan from the beggining was to use the medicinal argument to eventually legalise the drug.

It has been proven to have medical use, a lot of medical uses. I give my dog CBD to reduce tumor growth. Smoking weed is not 'harmful to everyone'. It becomes a real issue when people start dictating what another chooses to do with there own body. Perhaps we should ban sugar, coffee, tobacco, sports, cars and on and on.



cberg
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Dec 2011
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,130
Location: Boulder CO

13 Feb 2019, 5:56 pm

Wake up. There is no such thing as a good war.


_________________
"Standing on a well-chilled cinder, we see the fading of the suns, and try to recall the vanished brilliance of the origin of the worlds."
-Georges Lemaitre
"I fly through hyperspace, in my green computer interface"
-Gem Tos :mrgreen:


cberg
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Dec 2011
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,130
Location: Boulder CO

13 Feb 2019, 6:00 pm

OP strikes me as squeamish & paranoid. Pretty commonplace THC side effects, ironically enough.


_________________
"Standing on a well-chilled cinder, we see the fading of the suns, and try to recall the vanished brilliance of the origin of the worlds."
-Georges Lemaitre
"I fly through hyperspace, in my green computer interface"
-Gem Tos :mrgreen:


techstepgenr8tion
SomeRandomGuy
SomeRandomGuy

User avatar

Joined: 6 Feb 2005
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 21,023
Location: The 27th Path of Peh.

13 Feb 2019, 6:22 pm

Some of the best reasons for marijuana prohibition:

- Hemp makes cheaper paper than forestry and thus it would hurt the forestry business.
- It's associated with interracial relationships which were illegal when it was banned, ie. it promotes unlawful behavior.
- It's something people tend to do who don't fit in, and if you don't fit in or find yourself in social or financial hardship you shouldn't have any way around that but to either suffer or fix up whatever's causing you to not fit in. Even if getting high doesn't do brain damage it's pleasure not given as a societal reward and thus is sinful. Also if it helps your ADD or or other issues there are clean, socially achieved, post-grad educated men and women who can prescribe you pills for such things - pills that are socially sanctioned rather than pot which is tabooed.


_________________
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privelege of owning yourself" - Rudyard Kipling


AspE
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Dec 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,299

13 Feb 2019, 6:26 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
I find it outrageous that a lot of staunch opponents of freedom of speech and expression make an argument that people should be free to do what they want when it comes to cannabis when that actually does affect others.

Stop slandering the left by suggesting we are against free speech. I support the first amendment more than Trump does.



Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 23 Oct 2015
Age: 32
Posts: 1,195
Location: England

13 Feb 2019, 8:18 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
Some of the best reasons for marijuana prohibition:

- Hemp makes cheaper paper than forestry and thus it would hurt the forestry business.
- It's associated with interracial relationships which were illegal when it was banned, ie. it promotes unlawful behavior.
- It's something people tend to do who don't fit in, and if you don't fit in or find yourself in social or financial hardship you shouldn't have any way around that but to either suffer or fix up whatever's causing you to not fit in. Even if getting high doesn't do brain damage it's pleasure not given as a societal reward and thus is sinful. Also if it helps your ADD or or other issues there are clean, socially achieved, post-grad educated men and women who can prescribe you pills for such things - pills that are socially sanctioned rather than pot which is tabooed.


Aha.

You got me techstep.

These are indeed the main reasons I fear and fight cannabis legalisation. The desire to keep the black man down, preventing miscegenation and fear that my stocks in the wood-paper industry will tank.


_________________
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.


techstepgenr8tion
SomeRandomGuy
SomeRandomGuy

User avatar

Joined: 6 Feb 2005
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 21,023
Location: The 27th Path of Peh.

13 Feb 2019, 10:01 pm

Mikah wrote:
Aha.

You got me techstep.

These are indeed the main reasons I fear and fight cannabis legalisation. The desire to keep the black man down, preventing miscegenation and fear that my stocks in the wood-paper industry will tank.

Didn't say those were your reasons, just that they're some of the best reasons.


_________________
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privelege of owning yourself" - Rudyard Kipling


techstepgenr8tion
SomeRandomGuy
SomeRandomGuy

User avatar

Joined: 6 Feb 2005
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 21,023
Location: The 27th Path of Peh.

13 Feb 2019, 10:53 pm

Queuing this up, I think it'll be worth the watch:


_________________
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privelege of owning yourself" - Rudyard Kipling


cberg
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Dec 2011
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,130
Location: Boulder CO

14 Feb 2019, 12:00 am

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
Mikah wrote:
Aha.

You got me techstep.

These are indeed the main reasons I fear and fight cannabis legalisation. The desire to keep the black man down, preventing miscegenation and fear that my stocks in the wood-paper industry will tank.

Didn't say those were your reasons, just that they're some of the best reasons.


Fear is a seriously lousy reason to keep something illegal. :lol:


_________________
"Standing on a well-chilled cinder, we see the fading of the suns, and try to recall the vanished brilliance of the origin of the worlds."
-Georges Lemaitre
"I fly through hyperspace, in my green computer interface"
-Gem Tos :mrgreen: