Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2019, 3:37 pm

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2019, 4:59 pm

Oh, yeah, and FDR was just as evil as Hitler! And the Flu is just as bad as AIDS!
The line between hyperbole and what is pathetic seems in this case to have been erased.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2019, 5:23 pm

They are both mental conspiracy theorists. Maddow said that Russia would keep Americans cold this winter :lol: She needs help.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2019, 6:46 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
They are both mental conspiracy theorists. Maddow said that Russia would keep Americans cold this winter :lol: She needs help.

Don't know anything about her saying that.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2019, 7:05 pm

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2019, 7:13 pm

JohnPowell wrote:

Oh, Gawd! That's hysterical! I've seen it three times, now, but it's still goddam funny!

I'll sit here with my popcorn and wait until somebody tries to put a positive spin on this, 'cause it's gonna be f*****g entertaining!

Oscar Meyer Lansky

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2019, 9:17 pm

More popular than Hannity.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2019, 9:22 pm

AspE wrote:

Maddow and Hannity are flip sides of the sane coin. They are the two most popular corporate journalists in MSM. What exactly is your point?

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2019, 7:57 am

But does she have her own brand of bone broth?

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2019, 9:49 am

VegetableMan wrote:
AspE wrote:

Maddow and Hannity are flip sides of the sane coin. They are the two most popular corporate journalists in MSM. What exactly is your point?

I'm agreeing with you, Maddow is the sane side, Hannity is the insane side.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2019, 4:57 pm

AspE wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
AspE wrote:

Agreed, 100%.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2019, 5:23 pm

AspE wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
AspE wrote:

They're both sane -- and greedy. They make a shedload of money distributing propaganda to gullible viewers, but represent manufactured differences designed to keep Americans divided. They are both mouthpieces for the two-headed, one-party snake that serve American corporate interests.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2019, 9:35 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
They're both sane -- and greedy. They make a shedload of money distributing propaganda to gullible viewers, but represent manufactured differences designed to keep Americans divided. They are both mouthpieces for the two-headed, one-party snake that serve American corporate interests.

I don't have a problem with corporations. Or propaganda.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2019, 10:31 pm

AspE wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:

That does not surprise me. It's an attitude that is direct opposition to your humanitarian, environmental, and egalitarian concerns.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2019, 10:05 am

VegetableMan wrote:
AspE wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:

That does not surprise me. It's an attitude that is direct opposition to your humanitarian, environmental, and egalitarian concerns.

No it isn't. Corporations are OK when regulated. Propaganda is speech intended to influence. As long as the intent is positive, towards humanitarian, environmental, or egalitarian goals, and it's true, I don't have an issue.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2019, 11:08 am

AspE wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
AspE wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:

No it isn't. Corporations are OK when regulated. Propaganda is speech intended to influence. As long as the intent is positive, towards humanitarian, environmental, or egalitarian goals, and it's true, I don't have an issue.

The intent is not positive. The intent is to enrich corporate entities at the expense of everyone else. I see things only getting worse. Strange, you espouse liberal ideals, but embrace neoliberalism at every turn.

Oscar Meyer Lansky