Page 6 of 6 [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

karathraceandherspecialdestiny
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2019, 2:54 am

kdm1984 wrote:
karathraceandherspecialdestiny wrote:
kdm1984 wrote:
The best men are not either brutes nor effete, but have a healthy masculinity that's dignified and doesn't need to be paraded around because it's secure in itself.

So men that aren't as good are the ones who are effeminate. That's the implication of this statement, that the best men aren't effeminate. Does that also mean that women who are "masculine" also aren't the best? What a strange, old fashioned idea to come from a forum full of people who don't generally conform to gender roles very effectively. :lol:

Wow, you sure are twisting my words and reading things into my post that aren't there. I said, in these exact words, that the best men are not either brutes nor effete. For women, the same logic applies: the best ones are neither doormats nor domineering. And that logic couldn't be more clear: extremes on either side aren't desirable.

So effeminate men can't be the best. "Effete" means feminine, right?

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2019, 3:56 am

kdm1984 wrote:
kdm1984 wrote:
The best men are not either brutes nor effete, but have a healthy masculinity that's dignified and doesn't need to be paraded around because it's secure in itself.

So men that aren't as good are the ones who are effeminate. That's the implication of this statement, that the best men aren't effeminate. Does that also mean that women who are "masculine" also aren't the best? What a strange, old fashioned idea to come from a forum full of people who don't generally conform to gender roles very effectively. :lol:

Wow, you sure are twisting my words and reading things into my post that aren't there.

Welcome to my world... :wink:

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2019, 4:26 am

kdm1984 wrote:
kdm1984 wrote:

Wow, you sure are twisting my words and reading things into my post that aren't there. I said, in these exact words, that the best men are not either brutes nor effete. For women, the same logic applies: the best ones are neither doormats nor domineering. And that logic couldn't be more clear: extremes on either side aren't desirable.

Merriam-Webster
Quote:
1 : no longer fertile
2a : having lost character, vitality, or strength
b : marked by weakness or decadence
c : soft or delicate as in pampered existence.
3 : EFFEMINATE sense 1

Oxford
Quote:
1Affected, over-refined, and ineffectual.
1.1 No longer capable of effective action.
1.2 (of a man) weak or effeminate.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

karathraceandherspecialdestiny
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2019, 2:53 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
kdm1984 wrote:
kdm1984 wrote:

Merriam-Webster
Quote:
1 : no longer fertile
2a : having lost character, vitality, or strength
b : marked by weakness or decadence
c : soft or delicate as in pampered existence.
3 : EFFEMINATE sense 1

Oxford
Quote:
1Affected, over-refined, and ineffectual.
1.1 No longer capable of effective action.
1.2 (of a man) weak or effeminate.

Yes, so it means men who are "soft, ineffective, and effeminate" can't be the best. I'm just going to leave this thread now, I don't know how to talk this way. It seems so backwards and oldfashioned and out of date to me to think these ways about men and women, it's like trying to talk to people from a past century.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2019, 4:32 pm

What we really need is a pill that could wipe clean both 1 billion years of evolution and the nature of interaction between people of different statures, strengths, and weaknesses. Maybe an aspie could invent it and become the first trillionaire. I'm not discounting genies though, the right three wishes could be a substitute as well if someone's figured out how to call down that kind of muscle.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2019, 7:10 am

Regarding Extremes in Masculinity and Feminity in both Genders, Diversity Among Members of a Species Fascilitates Survival.

There are Days a ‘Brute’; either Male or Female; may save you from drowning and By God, Be the best brute at it.

And there are Days that just the right soft Romantic song by a ‘Softie Man’ will Facilitate what it takes to Procreate in a stale relationship of your average ‘normal’ couple; Yes, obviously thinking shallow is an issue in this discussion too as Yes by God, Elton John, also helped Father more children than all the ‘Navy Seals’ in the World who Save Lives.

Think out of the box and learn something new.

Oh, and there’s the other thing. There are Days you are soft with a Baby and become a Grizzly Bear to defend that Baby; Male or Female; there are no ‘Black and Whites’ in the Human Condition; there is always potential for change both ways depending on Environmental Factors of what is Best, soft or hard; and some days as an individual, you may encounter cirumstances that require very hard and very soft unless you stay locked in an Ivory Tower or as a Monk in a Monastery and that serves a purpose too on the ‘Wrong Planet’.

The more Hats you can wear, the Better your chances at surviving and thriving; and that includes the Hats of soft and hard out of balance too; you just have to practice how to get back to what works best in the Environment at hand for your comfort zone of balance.

Regarding the ‘Magic Pill’, it’s ‘Agape Love’, And Folks like Elton John tend to swallow it better and Give it at the top of their Game of Giving and sharing; even for ‘profit’.

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick