What if you had your own Country or Empire.

Page 1 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2018, 2:48 pm

What if you did?

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2018, 2:57 pm

i already do

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2018, 3:08 pm

Well if I got to rule my own country I would not be starting any wars with other countries I would only focus on increasing my country's defence and trying my hardest to keep relations with outside countries on a peaceful level.

I would have capital punishment in my country because I am actually in favor of the death penalty but it would only be for crimes like murder (and never if it is proven to be self defense or if the person is mentally ill). My system would be designed so that every citizen gets the same equal punishment regardless of their race, gender, or wealth. My choice of execution would be firing squad because believe it or not it is proven to be a lot quicker and less painful than the electric chair or lethal injection. It also has a higher success rate of getting the job done.

People would also have religious rights as long as their beliefs aren't a threat to anyone and I would make sure to always keep religion and government separate. My laws would be based on common sense, not archaic textbooks.

I would also legalize gay marriage and maybe even prostitution as long as it is run through a clean, licensed brothel.

I guess if I had my own country that is all I would really want for it. :mrgreen:

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2018, 3:47 pm

And I think I would want my country to be an island. I think it is easier to protect and control an island than it is a country that shares borders with other countries.

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2018, 4:04 pm

I would be totally fine with having my own island or place to myself.

I have zero interest in ruling over others, controlling them or forcing them to believe they way I believe. I want to live my life free from fear of being harmed by anyone while respecting other's freedom to have the same.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2018, 4:27 pm

I don't necessarily want to control people, but if I was in control of my own country I would always put it first and do whatever I can to protect my people and keep them from starving to death or being invaded by foreign enemies.

Prometheus18
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2018, 4:59 pm

I'd kick everybody else out, build a wall, and live the solitary life.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2018, 5:13 pm

Democratic Meritocracy, where the welfare of the people would be the highest secular law.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2018, 8:17 am

Realistically I don't think I could ever run my own country. To be the leader of a whole country you have to have strong charisma and a way of getting everybody to listen to you and do what you say.

Just because you technically are the leader of a country isn't doesn't mean a hill of beans if nobody in that country is willing to listen to you and obey your rules.

And let's face it us Aspies don't exactly have that kind of charisma.

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2018, 1:39 am

Kiprobalhato wrote:
i already do

What is it?

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2018, 1:41 am

An Empire with a Constitutional Monarchy with a system that benefits the nation and it's people.

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2018, 1:46 am

Fnord wrote:
Democratic Meritocracy, where the welfare of the people would be the highest secular law.

What do you think about Autism?

VIDEODROME
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2018, 6:27 am

There is a lot of concern about the threat of jobs from Automation. However, I'm very curious if a successful economy could be made out of embracing Robot Labor for the most mundane tasks or in manufacturing.

I would want a result to be that Civilians have more time for leisure as well as work they chose that is meaningful to them. I'd also encourage human managerial class to be the supervisors and maintainers of the robot labor force as well as a Drone based military overseen by human Generals or Drone Pilots. There would also be a Cyber Warfare division of Coders and Hackers securing the nations networks, gaining intel, and perhaps sharing or selling information acquired.

I would look into a VAT Tax on Robot Labor to fund a UBI.

Also, I would look into clean energy to power this work force or at least minimize dirty energy. Possibly consider nuclear.

If I have a large country / empire, I'd like to try establishing a different kind of travel infrastructure creating a kind of Rail / Highway hybrid as well as using Cable Cars where practical. I would like Long Distance Rail or Subways to include rail Caddy vehicles which cars could sit in to ride the rails as much as possible and get off back on roadways to arrive at local destinations. I just think highway congestion is insane and I would like an alternative to just adding more lanes.

I would also encourage the use of technologies like Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality, and Telepresence so that have have far less commuters clogging the roads just to sit at their cubicle in the city.

I'm curious if very large local Greenhouses would be a better way to make produce available while relying less on pesticides and avoiding the creation of Big-Agra Megafarms. I would try to reduce the reliance on livestock for food with hybrid foods such as 50/50 meat mixed with mushrooms. I think Sonic Burger is actually testing this and I think it could even taste very good.

I would ban broadcast Television and have everyone rely on the Internet for On-Demand information and news and their entertainment. I just think 24hr Network News driven by seeking ad revenue gradually erodes the quality of News overtime as things become whittled down to soundbytes and panel shouting matches or the overuse of News Alerts. There would also be a government funded online network that is like a combination of PBS/NPR but also a Public Access element. Certainly, anyone can a YouTube channel, but not everyone has the money for studio equipment, lighting, or quality microphones. This would be hybrid programming between professionals and amateurs who have artistic or political ideas. Hopefully, there would be some savings all around without the expense of transmission equipment such as large dishes or broadcast towers or instead the money could be put into the internet fiber lines.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2018, 10:57 am

Dylanperr wrote:
Fnord wrote:
What do you think about Autism?
In what context?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Sahn
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2018, 11:33 am

Dylanperr wrote:
What if you did?

Everyone would have to wear fancy dress twice a week.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2018, 1:17 pm

Right now I'm imagining everyone's suggested countries and empires rising up to the theme song from Game of Thrones. :king: :queen: