Page 15 of 18 [ 263 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 90,012
Location: the island of defective toy santas

18 May 2019, 11:53 pm

sheer unadulterated madness squared.



Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 40,381
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

18 May 2019, 11:57 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
Let's take a moment to celebrate the accomplishments of Trump's fanbase. Most people would say John 1:14 was about Jesus. However, Trump's supporters have made a theological breakthrough by revealing it was actually about Trump.

This discovery was so important they had to put it on a billboard so that everyone could marvel at their wisdom and theological expertise. Only they can make the Gospel great again, implying it wasn't great already.

(Bonus points for choosing the most flattering photo of Trump they could find)

Image


Some might think that billboard was rather blasphemous.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 90,012
Location: the island of defective toy santas

19 May 2019, 12:01 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
Let's take a moment to celebrate the accomplishments of Trump's fanbase. Most people would say John 1:14 was about Jesus. However, Trump's supporters have made a theological breakthrough by revealing it was actually about Trump.

This discovery was so important they had to put it on a billboard so that everyone could marvel at their wisdom and theological expertise. Only they can make the Gospel great again, implying it wasn't great already.

(Bonus points for choosing the most flattering photo of Trump they could find)

Image


Some might think that billboard was rather blasphemous.

the present crop of fascist power-mongering PHAKE* xtians consider the rest of us blasphemous for not worshipping THEM.

*Phony Hypocritical Arrogant Knave Egotists



Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 40,381
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

19 May 2019, 12:13 am

auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
Let's take a moment to celebrate the accomplishments of Trump's fanbase. Most people would say John 1:14 was about Jesus. However, Trump's supporters have made a theological breakthrough by revealing it was actually about Trump.

This discovery was so important they had to put it on a billboard so that everyone could marvel at their wisdom and theological expertise. Only they can make the Gospel great again, implying it wasn't great already.

(Bonus points for choosing the most flattering photo of Trump they could find)

Image


Some might think that billboard was rather blasphemous.

the present crop of fascist power-mongering PHAKE* xtians consider the rest of us blasphemous for not worshipping THEM.

*Phony Hypocritical Arrogant Knave Egotists


That is unfortunately more and more true.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


Gromit
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 19 May 2006
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,321
Location: In Cognito

19 May 2019, 2:43 pm

Scott Hechinger wrote:
“One day, from his sniper nest, Chief Gallagher shot a girl in a flower-print hijab who was walking w/ other girls on the riverbank. She dropped, clutching her stomach, & the other girls dragged her away.” Trump is preparing to pardon this war criminal.

A mass murderer according to Senior Seals: “Would order needless risks, to fire rockets at houses for no apparent reason. He routinely parked an armored truck on a Tigris River bridge & emptied the truck’s heavy machine gun into neighborhoods on twith no discernible targets.”

“Platoon members said he spent much of his time in a hidden perch with a sniper rifle, firing three or four times as often as other platoon snipers. They said he boasted about the number of people he had killed, including women.”

“Two other snipers said, the chief shot an unarmed man in a white robe with a wispy white beard. They said the man fell, a red blotch spreading on his back.”

“Gallagher ordered a hatchet & a hunting knife” before 2017 deployment. He texted the man who made them (a Navy Seal veteran) shortly after arriving in Iraq: “I’ll try and dig that knife or hatchet on someone’s skull!”

May 2017, a SEAL medic was treating a wounded 15 y/o Islamic State fighter. “He’s mine,” Gallagher said. “Gallagher walked up without a word and stabbed the wounded teenager several times in the neck and once in the chest with his hunting knife, killing him.”

He didn’t even try to hide the murder of the 15 y/o. He brought other seals around minutes later & took a photo over the body. Later, he texted the photo to a fellow SEAL in California: “Good story behind this, got him with my hunting knife.”

Platoon members tried time & time again to report about what he was doing. Praying that higher ups would do something. They were told to “decompress.” After he stabbed the 15 y/o: “SEALs called a platoon meeting & discussed how to keep the chief away from anyone he could harm.”

SEAL team 7 members filed formal complaints & called for an investigation about the “shocking acts” they had seen their chief commit. Instead of investigating, platoon members were warned “that speaking out could cost them and others their careers.”

Gallagher for his part, didn’t like all the snitching going on.

Texts: “I just got word these guys went crying to the wrong person. The only thing we can do as good team guys is pass the word on those traitors. They are not brothers at all.”

This is the kind of guy Trump has sympathy for. And will likely pardon. A war criminal, who mass murdered Muslim people. Killed w/ pride, hatred & zero remorse. Brazenly gloated about it. And then threatened anyone who would be disloyal enough to speak out about his crimes.

There are literally millions of people saddled with federal criminal convictions & records—the majority of all those still alive ever charged & convicted in a federal court—whose conduct paled in comparison to what Chris Gallagher is accused of. His cruelty is unique.

Trumps use of pardon power would send a clear message. A value judgment. Consistent w/ his own cruelty, white supremacy, & violence at home & abroad. From police violence, to the Muslim ban, family separations, border shootings, & war on LGTBQ & women’s rights. It’s ‘Us v. Them.’

For Trump, cruelty towards “the other” is the point. If you’re Black or Brown, a non-white immigrant, a woman, or other minority you’re an “animal.” If you’re useful to him, he’ll embrace you. If not he’ll kill you, literally & figuratively, for sport. Just like Gallagher.

[...]

“Pardoning several accused & convicted war criminals at once, including some who have not yet gone to trial, has not been done in recent history, legal experts said. Some worried that it could erode the legitimacy of military law & undercut good order & discipline in the ranks.”

Will any of Trump's supporters either stick their neck out and confidently predict he will not pardon Gallagher, or argue that he deserves a pardon?



Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 40,381
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

19 May 2019, 4:01 pm

Gromit wrote:
Scott Hechinger wrote:
“One day, from his sniper nest, Chief Gallagher shot a girl in a flower-print hijab who was walking w/ other girls on the riverbank. She dropped, clutching her stomach, & the other girls dragged her away.” Trump is preparing to pardon this war criminal.

A mass murderer according to Senior Seals: “Would order needless risks, to fire rockets at houses for no apparent reason. He routinely parked an armored truck on a Tigris River bridge & emptied the truck’s heavy machine gun into neighborhoods on twith no discernible targets.”

“Platoon members said he spent much of his time in a hidden perch with a sniper rifle, firing three or four times as often as other platoon snipers. They said he boasted about the number of people he had killed, including women.”

“Two other snipers said, the chief shot an unarmed man in a white robe with a wispy white beard. They said the man fell, a red blotch spreading on his back.”

“Gallagher ordered a hatchet & a hunting knife” before 2017 deployment. He texted the man who made them (a Navy Seal veteran) shortly after arriving in Iraq: “I’ll try and dig that knife or hatchet on someone’s skull!”

May 2017, a SEAL medic was treating a wounded 15 y/o Islamic State fighter. “He’s mine,” Gallagher said. “Gallagher walked up without a word and stabbed the wounded teenager several times in the neck and once in the chest with his hunting knife, killing him.”

He didn’t even try to hide the murder of the 15 y/o. He brought other seals around minutes later & took a photo over the body. Later, he texted the photo to a fellow SEAL in California: “Good story behind this, got him with my hunting knife.”

Platoon members tried time & time again to report about what he was doing. Praying that higher ups would do something. They were told to “decompress.” After he stabbed the 15 y/o: “SEALs called a platoon meeting & discussed how to keep the chief away from anyone he could harm.”

SEAL team 7 members filed formal complaints & called for an investigation about the “shocking acts” they had seen their chief commit. Instead of investigating, platoon members were warned “that speaking out could cost them and others their careers.”

Gallagher for his part, didn’t like all the snitching going on.

Texts: “I just got word these guys went crying to the wrong person. The only thing we can do as good team guys is pass the word on those traitors. They are not brothers at all.”

This is the kind of guy Trump has sympathy for. And will likely pardon. A war criminal, who mass murdered Muslim people. Killed w/ pride, hatred & zero remorse. Brazenly gloated about it. And then threatened anyone who would be disloyal enough to speak out about his crimes.

There are literally millions of people saddled with federal criminal convictions & records—the majority of all those still alive ever charged & convicted in a federal court—whose conduct paled in comparison to what Chris Gallagher is accused of. His cruelty is unique.

Trumps use of pardon power would send a clear message. A value judgment. Consistent w/ his own cruelty, white supremacy, & violence at home & abroad. From police violence, to the Muslim ban, family separations, border shootings, & war on LGTBQ & women’s rights. It’s ‘Us v. Them.’

For Trump, cruelty towards “the other” is the point. If you’re Black or Brown, a non-white immigrant, a woman, or other minority you’re an “animal.” If you’re useful to him, he’ll embrace you. If not he’ll kill you, literally & figuratively, for sport. Just like Gallagher.

[...]

“Pardoning several accused & convicted war criminals at once, including some who have not yet gone to trial, has not been done in recent history, legal experts said. Some worried that it could erode the legitimacy of military law & undercut good order & discipline in the ranks.”

Will any of Trump's supporters either stick their neck out and confidently predict he will not pardon Gallagher, or argue that he deserves a pardon?


This guy is a f*cking psycho!! ! And I'm actually interested if the WP Trump fan club is going to defend this guy's pardon, too.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


sly279
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Dec 2013
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,873
Location: US

19 May 2019, 4:38 pm

I don’t defend everything trump does, but I still support him and plan to vote for him on 20/20.



CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Jul 2004
Age: 45
Gender: Male
Posts: 103,383
Location: Hanging out with my fellow Sweet Peas at Stalag 13

20 May 2019, 12:11 am

I admire all the work that he's doing de-funding Planned Parenthood. It's a very brave thing that he's doing in a dangerous world and I love him for it.


_________________
Schultz

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26&start=645


Gromit
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 19 May 2006
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,321
Location: In Cognito

20 May 2019, 3:22 pm

sly279 wrote:
I don’t defend everything trump does, but I still support him and plan to vote for him on 20/20.

Did you mean it when you swore allegiance to the flag and the constitution for which it stands? Because then, what does he give you that is worth a president who undermines the constitution whenever he finds it inconvenient, and whose whole attitude to the job is so authoritarian that it is anti-constitutional all the way through?



Gromit
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 19 May 2006
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,321
Location: In Cognito

20 May 2019, 3:23 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
I admire all the work that he's doing de-funding Planned Parenthood. It's a very brave thing that he's doing in a dangerous world and I love him for it.

Why is that admirable? It increases the number of abortions.



sly279
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Dec 2013
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,873
Location: US

20 May 2019, 5:33 pm

Gromit wrote:
sly279 wrote:
I don’t defend everything trump does, but I still support him and plan to vote for him on 20/20.

Did you mean it when you swore allegiance to the flag and the constitution for which it stands? Because then, what does he give you that is worth a president who undermines the constitution whenever he finds it inconvenient, and whose whole attitude to the job is so authoritarian that it is anti-constitutional all the way through?

Wtf. Lol Obama Hillary, every last single Democrat politician violates the constitution and their oath every single day. You literally described every democrat in office and running for office so you answer first.



Gromit
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 19 May 2006
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,321
Location: In Cognito

20 May 2019, 7:19 pm

sly279 wrote:
Wtf. Lol Obama Hillary, every last single Democrat politician violates the constitution and their oath every single day. You literally described every democrat in office and running for office so you answer first.

Looks like an attempt to divert attention, but I'll bite. You make such a courageous claim. If you want that claim to justify me having to excuse my political preferences, you really have to show first that there is good reason to believe it.

What article of the constitution did Obama and Clinton violate a year ago today? What article of the constitition did Elizabeth Warren, Ilhan Omar, and Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez violate last week on Monday? You say they do it every day, and there is lots of attention on them, so the news cycle must have caught up to their alleged violations by now.

And so you don't get sidetracked by waiting for me to list Trump's attempts to undermine the constitution, here are my top two:
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/birthright-citizenship-14th-amendment-trump-executive-order-immigrants-constitution-a8608836.html
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-news-latest-twitter-today-melania-bob-costa-impeachment-heroin-live-updates-a8884696.html
To see why that is a problem: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Congressional_oversight



RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 30 Jul 2013
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,296
Location: Adelaide, Australia

20 May 2019, 7:43 pm

Who was the most recent president who didn't violate the continuation or break their oath?

Should there be consequences for presidents who violate the constitution or break their oath?


_________________
The days are long, but the years are short


Gromit
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 19 May 2006
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,321
Location: In Cognito

23 May 2019, 4:04 pm

It's been four days, and not one of Trump's supporters has either dared to predict that Trump will not pardon a war criminal, or argued that Gallagher is not a war criminal. None of them has disputed that Trump undermines the constitution. The only counterpoint was that this is allegedly normal.

Only one person wrote something that may be an answer to my question what is worth all that.

CockneyRebel wrote:
I admire all the work that he's doing de-funding Planned Parenthood. It's a very brave thing that he's doing in a dangerous world and I love him for it.

I don't see why that is brave. A lot of other Republicans would do the same, and expect to be rewarded by Republican voters. The brave thing would be to do something effective, like this: https://www.indy100.com/article/abortion-debate-gabrielle-blair-safe-sex-pregnant-twitter-thread-8540096 So if defunding Planned Parenthood is a benefit, why is Trump worth the sympathising with authoritarians and war criminals, the undermining of the constitution, when other Republicans would deliver the same benefit without the costs?



CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Jul 2004
Age: 45
Gender: Male
Posts: 103,383
Location: Hanging out with my fellow Sweet Peas at Stalag 13

28 May 2019, 12:27 pm

He's able to receive smiles over the phone.


_________________
Schultz

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26&start=645