Page 2 of 6 [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2019, 9:31 pm

I believe in everything, because I'd never pretend to know better.
Reincarnation does seem very plausible to me, though. I'm in the "energy never dies" camp.

Arganger
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2019, 9:40 pm

As a christian I don't feel it could never happen, but something about it feels..
Off.

I don't want it to be a thing, it's almost as bad as nothing at all.

Suspected; PTSD (Treated, as my counselor did notice), possible PCOS, PMDD, Learning disabilities (Sure of it, unknown what they are), possibly something wrong with immune system (Sick about as much as I'm not) Possible EDS- hyper mobility type (Will be getting tested, suggested by doctor)
My website;
www.autistichelpsyou.com

Arganger
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2019, 9:40 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I wish I believed in it.

Then I’d get another chance in life.

You aren't dead yet

Suspected; PTSD (Treated, as my counselor did notice), possible PCOS, PMDD, Learning disabilities (Sure of it, unknown what they are), possibly something wrong with immune system (Sick about as much as I'm not) Possible EDS- hyper mobility type (Will be getting tested, suggested by doctor)
My website;
www.autistichelpsyou.com

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2019, 9:43 pm

Arganger wrote:
As a christian I don't feel it could never happen, but something about it feels..
Off.

If a soul can live forever into the future in perpetuity (in heaven), that means it transcends time. How then are souls created? Was every soul in the history of the world waiting around in heaven forever (going backward in time), waiting to be born?

Where do souls come from?

Does the act of mortal sex / reproduction create souls that are magically immortal?

Arganger
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2019, 9:54 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Arganger wrote:
Off.

If a soul can live forever into the future in perpetuity (in heaven), that means it transcends time. How then are souls created? Was every soul in the history of the world waiting around in heaven forever (going backward in time), waiting to be born?

Does the act of mortal sex / reproduction create souls that are magically immortal?

God. I firmly believe God made the souls, either made them and stored them or made them during conception. He obviously does it because he is bored.

And transcends time is a little off, it is heaven that transcends time. (Just a theory) Heaven is a place without time that simply exists outside of things here. Souls seem to have a time of creation, and perhaps even age, they just don't necessarily have to die.

My website;
www.autistichelpsyou.com

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2019, 9:57 pm

Arganger wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
Arganger wrote:
Off.

God. I firmly believe God made the souls, either made them and stored them or made them during conception. He obviously does it because he is bored.

And transcends time is a little off, it is heaven that transcends time. (Just a theory) Heaven is a place without time that simply exists outside of things here. Souls seem to have a time of creation, and perhaps even age, they just don't necessarily have to die.

Interesting. I'm religious and I believe in God too. I wasn't trying to dismiss your post. These are questions I've always wondered. I was always a pretty deep thinker even as a child. :heart:

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2019, 11:43 pm

I don't believe in reincarnation or any existence beyond this life. And to be honest, I wouldn't want it. When I die, I just want oblivion.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2019, 11:44 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
I don't believe in reincarnation or any existence beyond this life. And to be honest, I wouldn't want it. When I die, I just want oblivion.

I don't want it either -- I just can't discount it. The thought of starting over again gives me panic attacks.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2019, 11:53 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:

I don't want it either -- I just can't discount it. The thought of starting over again gives me panic attacks.

Yeah. I don't want to do this again. The bad overshadows the good.

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

09 Mar 2019, 6:38 am

I wonder if things might be better in some other dimension.

techstepgenr8tion
SomeRandomGuy
SomeRandomGuy

09 Mar 2019, 10:29 am

I'd agree with a lot of pessimism over the idea. It's clearly not a wish-fulfillment vehicle.

“Those who know that they are profound strive for clarity. Those who would like to seem profound to the crowd strive for obscurity. For the crowd believes that if it cannot see to the bottom of something it must be profound. It is so timid and dislikes going into the water.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Arganger
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2019, 11:42 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:

Yep, who would want all their progress and growth erased, with no memory of it, to be shoved into a situation that could potentially be very bad?

My website;
www.autistichelpsyou.com

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2019, 11:48 am

Arganger wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:

Yep, who would want all their progress and growth erased, with no memory of it, to be shoved into a situation that could potentially be very bad?

This is going to sound awful and I admit that it's projection, but I actually feel sorry for newborns. I look at them and picture that they haven't crossed a single thing off their "to-do" list yet, and that they have years and years of tasks to complete.

I like newborns, but they have so much to do!

Arganger
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2019, 11:59 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Arganger wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:

This is going to sound awful and I admit that it's projection, but I actually feel sorry for newborns. I look at them and picture that they haven't crossed a single thing off their "to-do" list yet, and that they have years and years of tasks to complete.

I like newborns, but they have so much to do!

I get it, and agree

My website;
www.autistichelpsyou.com

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2019, 9:12 pm

Anyone can cite religious writings and traditions as "evidence" for reincarnation -- they're all anecdotal stories without independent citation of validity.

I would be willing to believe in reincarnation if one of my deceased friends or relatives would approach me in his or her new incarnation and share secrets from my childhood that only they and I would know about. Of course, that would not prove it to any other rational skeptic, but it would be good enough for me.