Stars And Wake as Flowers
Even if i only
Reincarnate this way
Once As A Miracle of Star
Flower Birthing the seed
Of my Existence Awake Now..:)

It’s All about
Perspective Now..:)

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2019, 11:56 am

I believe that I was here before in the 1940s to the Late 60s. That explains the memories of things from both Nazi Germany and the 1960s.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2019, 1:33 pm

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2019, 4:10 pm

This is kind of funny actually, ie. a belief system the forum skeptics actually seem to run from because it's too dark for them. If you think reincarnation's bad wait till you look up eternal return!

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

wowiexist
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2019, 8:43 pm

I am somewhat surprised that there is such a wide variety of views on this. I think it is interesting. Usually it seems like most people on here or atheists so I am surprised that some believe in other views

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2019, 8:47 pm

wowiexist wrote:
I am somewhat surprised that there is such a wide variety of views on this. I think it is interesting. Usually it seems like most people on here or atheists so I am surprised that some believe in other views

Something of an internet meme was going around a few years ago to the effect of "A vegan, a cross-fitter, and an anti-theist walked into a bar. We know because they told everyone within two minutes". It's kitsch but there's definitely a gram of truth to it.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2019, 8:48 pm

There is, actually, a fair amount of religious people on WP.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2019, 8:53 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
There is, actually, a fair amount of religious people on WP.

I'm active in church, but that's not why I believe in reincarnation.
It's the scientific part of my brain that accepts it could be real.
Then again, I believe in pretty much everything!

Piobaire
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2019, 5:05 am

Wolfram87 wrote:
Piobaire wrote:
No.
Buddhism 101 states that (1) there is suffering in the world, (2) suffering doesn't spring out of nowhere; it arises due to causes and conditions, (3) by addressing these causes and conditions, suffering can be ameliorated, (4) the way to do this is by practicing the Noble Eightfold Path (the Dharma).

Wasn't being terribly serious and obviously imprecise, but I was mainly thinking about the "life is suffering" quote.

I've been told that is somewhat of a mis-translation. The Sanskrit word 'dukkha' more nearly means a sense of dissatisfaction, or "unsatifactoriness". Obviously, not all of life is suffering; some of it is quite pleasant; even ecstatic. However, it is all impermanent, no matter how sincerely we might wish otherwise, the good times never last, so even the best things in life are "unsatisfactory" because they inevitably lead to a sense of loss.
We cling to what we find pleasant, desperately wanting it to last forever, and we resist the things which we find unpleasant, afraid that they will last forever. Nothing lasts forever. Therefore, no matter how good things may be, we're chronically dissatisfied; we suffer when we desire, expect, or demand that reality be anything other than precisely just as it is.

Last edited by Piobaire on 12 Mar 2019, 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

ezbzbfcg2
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2019, 5:10 am

Fnord wrote:
wowiexist wrote:
So is it possible that the same cells could in the future be part of another human?
No, and for the reasons previously stated … unless that other person is a cannibal, and your body was part of his most recent meal.

...or if you're an organ donor and someone gets one of your organs. In that sense, some of your cells would end up in another human being without any need for cannibalism.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2019, 8:09 am

ezbzbfcg2 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
wowiexist wrote:
So is it possible that the same cells could in the future be part of another human?
No, and for the reasons previously stated … unless that other person is a cannibal, and your body was part of his most recent meal.
...or if you're an organ donor and someone gets one of your organs. In that sense, some of your cells would end up in another human being without any need for cannibalism.
Of course!

(Watching too many zombie movies/programs.)

But when the organ recipient dies, unless that organ is re-transplanted into another, there will be nothing organic of the original donor to survive.

While I don't believe that reincarnation is real, I am prepared to be proven wrong.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2019, 2:13 pm

Yes. I was a soldier executed by firing squad in a past life. I was shot through the heart. It scarred me about war in this current life. :(

:salut:

I can still feel the pain and fear...

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2019, 2:14 pm

Name, rank, service number, and nationality, please?

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2019, 2:20 pm

Fnord wrote:

How the hell would I know that? That's not how past life memories work!

That's like asking somebody what the first food they ever tried as baby was! If it happened so long ago they wont remember all the details!

But since you asked. I was actually a Confederate spy who was captured and executed by the enemy. Or maybe a German Nazi spy. Or both in two different lifetimes.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2019, 2:29 pm

TW1ZTY wrote:
Fnord wrote:

"How should I be able to predict the winning lottery numbers? That's not how precognition works!"

"How should I be able to manipulate the dice after they've left my hand? That's not how telekinesis works!"

""How should I be able to read your mind? That's not how telepathy works!"

:lol: Yeah … right …

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2019, 2:32 pm

Fnord wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
Fnord wrote:

"How should I be able to predict the winning lottery numbers? That's not how precognition works!"

"How should I be able to manipulate the dice after they've left my hand? That's not how telekinesis works!"

""How should I be able to read your mind? That's not how telepathy works!"

:lol: Yeah … right …

How should I have any respect for a smug little rhymes-with-tick like Fnord? That's not how respect works!
:mrgreen: