Why do poor right wingers worship an orange cheeto?

Page 5 of 11 [ 161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next

Crimadella
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2019, 7:27 am

Pepe wrote:
Crimadella wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Crimadella wrote:
I have worked with many people, the thing that greatly sticks out is how your average person that is poor is more than likely slack, they mess everything up, they are not responsible and they are there simply to collect their check and do the bare minimum.

I got lucky...
I had good people around me...
And now I am financially independent...

Like I said, I got lucky...
I could have easily been on welfare my entire life because I had serious psychological and neurological challenges when I was young...

While I agree that there seems to be a pervasive attitude of entitlement here in Oz, there are many/most who simply had a bad hand dealt to them...

You can't answer this, but what is the proportion of people who are taking advantage of the social structure as opposed to those who "should" be given some slack because of their relative handicaps? :wink:

Doesn't it really boil down to attitude?

It's actually very common for people to take advantage of the welfare state here, to such a degree that they had to place restrictions on how many children you can have while on welfare, that limit is now 3. I would say if you are on welfare should only be able to have one if you don't already have kids. There are people with legitimate issues and there are people who are lazy and try to cheat the welfare system. It's hard to say what percentage cheats it, I suspect a lot though.

(You get more $$ for every child you have so people would produce a lot of children while they were already on welfare, generally single mom's also)

Warner Robins, Ga...
So you are a septic tank...
What you said could have been from someone from Oz...

I am not sure if there are restrictions on the number of children on welfare here in Australia, but everything you mentioned applies here also...

In the mid 70's I created a saying: "Go into labour with Labor" because the left-wing party introduced pensions for single women (overwhelmingly predominantly)...
And we working bunnies had to pay for their indulgence...
This caused enormous social dysfunction including crime when the kids grew up in a poor single-parent pensioner household and saw the inequity of their lifestyle...

Gough Whitlam introduced it 1973, ostensibly to help single women initially, which it did, but the unintended consequence was to produce human "puppy" farms where children were produced to gain more and more money from the single parent pension...I.E. from taxpayers...
It also exacerbated the: "Children having children" phenomenon"...

The irony of this thread is that here in Australia, at least, the left-wing government set up a system which de-intellectualised people by disincentivising individuals to engage in further education because of their parental responsibilities...
The policy did create a dependency on the welfare hugging political left...
If I were cynical, I might speculate that this was the intended consequence...
I am a cynical person, btw... :mrgreen:

Damn, it is so hard *not* to rag on the political left... 8O

As a balance: The conservative parties deserve the inevitable loss of power in the next election due to their infighting and resistance to the banking royal commission...
What a bunch of ding dongs... :roll:

It just goes to show the nature of humanity at large, the corrupt nature. It doesn't apply to all, many actually try to accomplish things, but then there are also the corrupt people who try hard and succeed then the greedy nature kicks in where they will stomp on anyone to get ahead and gain as much wealth as possible. More power to you if you accomplish it without a corrupt dirty nature, companies that make tons of profit should show appreciation for their employees. They should also keep their dirty corrupt hands out of our politics, people are supposed to guide politics, not corporations. With the very flawed nature of people, I think we are all a very long way away from achieving a proper way of life, humanity needs to grow up, it's honestly not the systems that are at fault, it's the people within the systems. If you are a good and responsible person, be proud of that because a lot of people aren't.

Last edited by Crimadella on 14 Mar 2019, 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2019, 7:32 am

Pepe wrote:
sly279 wrote:
So do they kill kids when you’re over 3?

That would be a very practical and rational solution, keeping overpopulation in mind... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Would be a good source of "soylent green"... :wink:

At first I thought they were saying “soil and cream”

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2019, 1:46 pm

Crimadella wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
Many poor Trump supporters take personal responsibility for being poor.

"I'm poor, and it's my fault".

League Girl's version of how to stop being poor as a person with a disability:

Finish high school

Work for a year

Get on Social security

Work seven years.

Get on SSDI.

Get married and make sure your partner is disabled too and have them get on SSDI.

Have children and put them on Social Security.

Congratulations, you are no longer poor. We did it. (does the Dora dance)

Wow, so you have kids to get money? Way to cheat the system. Crimadella's version, don't have kids unless you can work and support them without government hand outs, the government isn't here to support your future family.

I actually have a heart and try to be responsible, being I can't afford to give my children the best opportunities, I haven't had any. I would not desire to raise children to live in poverty. Children have way less chances of escaping poverty without good parents to correctly guide them and afford to send them to good schools.

If only the rich have kids who’ll will work the service jobs?
Poor people shouldn’t be denied families. If I ever met someone I’d want to have kids.
I grew up poor and it wasn’t bad. It was good. You don’t need money to be happy. The idea that you do is what dooms me to being alone forever. If I could have one wish it’d be to rid the world of the concept of money, trade, exchange etc. any idea of value. So people could just see others as another human not what they can get out of them.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2019, 4:17 pm

Crimadella wrote:

It just goes to show the nature of humanity at large, the corrupt nature. It doesn't apply to all, many actually try to accomplish things, but then there are also the corrupt people who try hard and succeed then the greedy nature kicks in where they will stomp on anyone to get ahead and gain as much wealth as possible. More power to you if you accomplish it without a corrupt dirty nature, companies that make tons of profit should show appreciation for their employees. They should also keep their dirty corrupt hands out of our politics, people are supposed to guide politics, not corporations. With the very flawed nature of people, I think we are all a very long way away from achieving a proper way of life, humanity needs to grow up, it's honestly not the systems that are at fault, it's the people within the systems. If you are a good and responsible person, be proud of that because a lot of people aren't.

Hoowah! :mrgreen:

Crimadella
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2019, 4:38 pm

sly279 wrote:
Poor people shouldn’t be denied families. If I ever met someone I’d want to have kids.
I grew up poor and it wasn’t bad. It was good. You don’t need money to be happy. The idea that you do is what dooms me to being alone forever. If I could have one wish it’d be to rid the world of the concept of money, trade, exchange etc. any idea of value. So people could just see others as another human not what they can get out of them.

There is a difference in being financially secure and being rich. I didn't suggest you would have to be rich, I also said it wouldn't be as bad to have 1 child while on welfare or disability. I personally wouldn't wish that for my child, being poor is not fun, worrying how you are going to pay your bills is not fun. Being poor comes with a lot of stresses, just as being disabled comes with a lot of stresses. One of the reasons I find it wrong to have kids while on welfare is because it's somewhat selfish, you are making everyone pay for your child rather than taking responsibility and paying for your child. It's understandable when you are disabled and people(the US) has to support you, it's not too great to have a family and expect people to pay for your family while already knowing it's not something you could afford(IMO). If you do choose to do that, at least be a responsible parent and make your kids do good so they will grow up to have a good future.

It would be nice if people with no value were equal to others but that's not the wait works even within nature. There are many responsibilities that are very important to be able to survive, I personally would never wish for my child to struggle as I have, it hasn't been fun for me. Even if you go back to hunter gatherer days, being a good hunter or gatherer was ideal(year one, I love that movie :D ). You can't rid the world of those things because we require things to live and we create things to live easier or to save time so we can do other amazing things, we trade things of value to spread our creations and things we have created to make living easier.

If everyone were responsible and honest(not corrupt), young adults and teens would be able to do those very easy to do jobs as starter jobs so they have money as they continue school(a business degree at the least if you desire to go into business for yourself, it would be very handy), sadly that will never happen though, you will always have the people who are corrupt, lazy, irresponsible or the slack people who try to cheat the system designed to help those in need(exploit), like raising a family with 3 children while you couldn't even afford 1 child without the US(all people who actually work for a living) paying for you. The way I see it, it's like buying a car and expecting your neighbor to work his ass off to pay for it while you just chill and take it easy, would you think that could be considered fair?

I also think it's disrespectful to have like three kids while on welfare. People were nice enough to design a system to help the less fortunate so what do people do? Exploit it and get money off of other people working and paying their on way. Honestly, people didn't have to design a system to help the less fortunate, they did that out of the goodness of their hearts, compassion, so I see it as a very low thing to take advantage of that system.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2019, 5:24 pm

Having kids isn’t exploiting the system it’s a natural human instinct to reproduce it’s why we have sexuality.

I’ll read the rest later when I’m in better mood.
To me middle class are basically rich. Super rich elites are different.
Just cause I’m disabled doesn’t mean I shouldn’t have a kid and prestige and natural human behavior and enjoy raising a kid, who’ll carry on my morals and family.

I don’t want to live in a world where only entitled rich people reproduce more entitled rich people.

Crimadella
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2019, 6:09 pm

sly279 wrote:
Having kids isn’t exploiting the system it’s a natural human instinct to reproduce it’s why we have sexuality.

I’ll read the rest later when I’m in better mood.
To me middle class are basically rich. Super rich elites are different.
Just cause I’m disabled doesn’t mean I shouldn’t have a kid and prestige and natural human behavior and enjoy raising a kid, who’ll carry on my morals and family.

I don’t want to live in a world where only entitled rich people reproduce more entitled rich people.

It is a natural thing to have a kid, it's also natural for you to take responsibility for your actions and not expect everyone else to. The natural process is the weak die, so we are doing much better than the natural route evolution would take. It's better to be thankful versus producing a situation where others works to support you and the family you create without being able to take care of them. Think of it like this. A person is nice enough to give you a home and food so you can survive with a disability, then you get a wife and have a child and expect the person to pay for you, your wife and your child. Being born doesn't make you entitled. Nobody 'has' to give you anything, they could just let you fend for yourself altogether, that's why I feel you shouldn't exploit people who are kind enough to help.

I call it exploiting because that is what it is, people are already supporting you, so you exploit them by purposely creating a child you know you can't afford and expecting them to work and pay for it and you.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2019, 6:26 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
Pepe wrote:
sly279 wrote:
So do they kill kids when you’re over 3?

That would be a very practical and rational solution, keeping overpopulation in mind... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Would be a good source of "soylent green"... :wink:

At first I thought they were saying “soil and cream”

:lmao:

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2019, 7:48 pm

Americans are easily manipulated by their own system. :shrug:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2019, 9:35 pm

TW1ZTY wrote:
Americans are easily manipulated by their own system. :shrug:

Not just die Amerikaner... :wink:

traven
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2019, 1:58 am

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2019, 2:57 am

Crimadella wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:

Finish high school

Work for a year

Get on Social security

Work seven years.

Get on SSDI.

Get married and make sure your partner is disabled too and have them get on SSDI.

Wow, so you have kids to get money? Way to cheat the system. Crimadella's version, don't have kids unless you can work and support them without government hand outs, the government isn't here to support your future family.

I actually have a heart and try to be responsible, being I can't afford to give my children the best opportunities, I haven't had any. I would not desire to raise children to live in poverty. Children have way less chances of escaping poverty without good parents to correctly guide them and afford to send them to good schools.

You really are a classist, I knew it, conservatives don't like it when disabled people find a way to stop being poor. Go figure. They also don't like it when disabled people have kids and then they get the privilege to stop being poor. Poor you.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2019, 3:02 am

Crimadella wrote:
sly279 wrote:

There is a difference in being financially secure and being rich. I didn't suggest you would have to be rich, I also said it wouldn't be as bad to have 1 child while on welfare or disability. I personally wouldn't wish that for my child, being poor is not fun, worrying how you are going to pay your bills is not fun. Being poor comes with a lot of stresses, just as being disabled comes with a lot of stresses. One of the reasons I find it wrong to have kids while on welfare is because it's somewhat selfish, you are making everyone pay for your child rather than taking responsibility and paying for your child. It's understandable when you are disabled and people(the US) has to support you, it's not too great to have a family and expect people to pay for your family while already knowing it's not something you could afford(IMO). If you do choose to do that, at least be a responsible parent and make your kids do good so they will grow up to have a good future.

It would be nice if people with no value were equal to others but that's not the wait works even within nature. There are many responsibilities that are very important to be able to survive, I personally would never wish for my child to struggle as I have, it hasn't been fun for me. Even if you go back to hunter gatherer days, being a good hunter or gatherer was ideal(year one, I love that movie :D ). You can't rid the world of those things because we require things to live and we create things to live easier or to save time so we can do other amazing things, we trade things of value to spread our creations and things we have created to make living easier.

If everyone were responsible and honest(not corrupt), young adults and teens would be able to do those very easy to do jobs as starter jobs so they have money as they continue school(a business degree at the least if you desire to go into business for yourself, it would be very handy), sadly that will never happen though, you will always have the people who are corrupt, lazy, irresponsible or the slack people who try to cheat the system designed to help those in need(exploit), like raising a family with 3 children while you couldn't even afford 1 child without the US(all people who actually work for a living) paying for you. The way I see it, it's like buying a car and expecting your neighbor to work his ass off to pay for it while you just chill and take it easy, would you think that could be considered fair?

I also think it's disrespectful to have like three kids while on welfare. People were nice enough to design a system to help the less fortunate so what do people do? Exploit it and get money off of other people working and paying their on way. Honestly, people didn't have to design a system to help the less fortunate, they did that out of the goodness of their hearts, compassion, so I see it as a very low thing to take advantage of that system.

I only have two kids lmao but maybe I should get my IUD taken out and have more out of spite lmao and brag about it here to piss off you conservatives hahaha.

Nope, we pay all our bills fine and we get no other assistance but social security and medicare and healthy kids and that is it. We get no food stamps or WIC or other things because we have enough money and I work part time.

And way to contradict yourself. So it is okay I have kids since I have less than three? I do have disability and get SSI for it so I meet your criteria, hooray.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Crimadella
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2019, 7:56 am

League_Girl wrote:
Crimadella wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:

Finish high school

Work for a year

Get on Social security

Work seven years.

Get on SSDI.

You really are a classist, I knew it, conservatives don't like it when disabled people find a way to stop being poor. Go figure. They also don't like it when disabled people have kids and then they get the privilege to stop being poor. Poor you.

Whatever you want to call it, that honestly sounds quite ridiculous to me, I see myself as a realist and compassionate person, hence, I don't like people whom exploit the welfare system and I don't like people whom exploit loop holes in laws, just the same as I don't like people whom exploit others for labor and I don't like people whom exploit politics to push corporate agendas.

I'm compassionate in the sense that me, being unfit to raise a child to give them great opportunities to insure they do not suffer through poverty, do not wish to have a child for the sake of having a child. It's not like we are becoming extinct, the population is pretty strong, at 350 million just in the US.

I'm also not even an actual conservative, being you could stoop so low to suggest you should have another child just to pissed people off shows your lack of sense. Perhaps people do need to change those laws and reduce it to one only getting paid for one child they have while on welfare.

Take it back to hunter gatherer days, a person who doesn't contribute yet feels they are entitled to everything.

Last edited by Crimadella on 15 Mar 2019, 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2019, 8:00 am

Crimadella wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
Crimadella wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:

Finish high school

Work for a year

Get on Social security

Work seven years.

Get on SSDI.

Whatever you want to call it, that honestly sounds quite ridiculous to me, I see myself as a realist and compassionate person, hence, I don't like people whom exploit the welfare system and I don't like people whom exploit loop holes in laws, just the same as I don't like people whom exploit others for labor and I don't like people whom exploit politics to push corporate agendas.

I'm compassionate in the sense that me, being unfit to raise a child to give them great opportunities to insure they do not suffer through poverty, do not wish to have a child for the sake of having a child. It's not like we are becoming extinct, the population is pretty strong, at 350 million just in the US.

I'd say that's precisely why we're becoming extinct, there's way too many people in the world. :shrug:

Crimadella
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2019, 8:33 am

The argument is so sad....why should I have to go out, work and contribute to feed my children, other people should just give me their money they worked for because I was born.

Being you claimed your goal was for your husband to work for only 12 years then draw SSDI shows that he was actually able to work longer, thus another cheat of the system, it's amazing that you feel good about that. What you are doing is quite horrible, people are well aware that people should not be allowed to cheat a welfare system like that, so what people like you are going to do is cause harsher restrictions on the welfare system making it much harder for people who actually need the help to be able to get the help. So you're not only screwing over people who actually try to support themselves, you are also screwing over those who may actually need the help in the future.

The safety net was designed to catch those who fall, not those who don't 'feel' like trying. The system is also designed to help those who fall, to get help to possibly be able to re-join the work force, not for people to give up and expect to retire on the welfare system. Which is why I choose to 'get help' with gaining comfort around people so I can work and support myself.