Crimadella
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2019, 5:09 pm

RushKing wrote:
Crimadella wrote:
RushKing wrote:
Crimadella wrote:
Why do people only condemn white supremacy, seems black supremacy is just as evil.

Makes sense, "black" people are much more hurt by "white" supremacy than "whites" are by "black" supremacy.

One of the social groups holds more power, and has the ability to wreck much more havoc.

In other words, only white supremacy is bad,

No
Crimadella wrote:
supremacists of other races are irrelevant,

In the western world we currently live in, yes.

There is no point in continuing loops. You keep ignoring the fact that people racist towards white people(including white people) are heavily outweighing white supremacists by massive numbers in strength. No racism should be acceptable, you are ignoring major group with racist beliefs to focus on a minority group(white supremacists). White supremacists in the US basically have no power, you are trying the tactic of insisting all white people are racist and so them being the majority race in the US means that they have all the power, which is so far from the truth that it really does hurt.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2019, 5:18 pm

White supremacists should have no power. Black supremacists should have no power. All “supremacists’ should have no power.

RushKing
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2019, 5:43 pm

Crimadella wrote:
you are trying the tactic of insisting all white people are racist

No
Crimadella wrote:
and so them being the majority race in the US means that they have all the power,

"Whites" hold most of the power for multiple reasons, and "white" supremacists are looking to recruit people.

Put the two puzzle pieces together.

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2019, 5:51 pm

Crimadella wrote:
42 million people who believe white people shouldn't be able to speak and are racist simply because they are white.
42 million people? Who are these 42 million people? That's a lot of people. I suppose I'd best surrender now before they decide to come for me and make my life difficult.

RushKing
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2019, 5:52 pm

Antrax
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2019, 6:02 pm

RushKing wrote:
Antrax wrote:
The problem with this argument is no ideological consistency.

Who's ideology are you talking about?

In general everyone's but I was specifically addressing racial politics here. It is my observation is that people tend to pick a "side" and then blindly follow that "side." The example I gave was regarding "attacking the bigger problem", "versus injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."

A lot of "liberals" (certainly not all, as generalizations are difficult) I've encountered will in response to the following two statements:

"An innocent black man is more likely to be killed by a criminal black man than by a white cop"

"Racism and hatred against whites by minorities is a problem in this country."

With a combination of: "Cops shouldn't be killing innocent black people" and "Only whites can be racist" or "Racism against minorities is a bigger problem, we don't need to worry about racism against whites."

Now in my view these responses are only consistent if you are operating from a racial lens.

If you operate from the lens of "we should combat injustice everywhere" than your response should be to the each statement should be "both are problems, we need to figure out how to fix them."

If your view is "we can't tackle every problem and need to figure out the big ones" than it becomes "yeah police killings are a problem, but we need to figure out how to curb violent crime in black neighborhoods" and "yeah racism towards whites is problematic, but we need to figure out how to curb white supremacy first."

I lean towards all of the above are problems that we should figure out how to address. Attacking only the "bigger" problems breeds resentment and hypocrisy.

Crimadella
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2019, 6:20 pm

MaxE wrote:
Crimadella wrote:
42 million people who believe white people shouldn't be able to speak and are racist simply because they are white.
42 million people? Who are these 42 million people? That's a lot of people. I suppose I'd best surrender now before they decide to come for me and make my life difficult.

For the US:

SJW(aka the radical left, the far left, the regressive left(Not to be confused with moderate and progressive left))

It's a statistic of people possessing SJW type ideologies which are but not limited to; Black people can't be racist, white people are born racist(even if they aren't racist), white people shouldn't speak about minority issues, women and men are a figment of our imagination(biology is obsolete), people who you may be offended by shouldn't be allowed to speak(gets the hate speech label even if it's not hate speech), facts that offend you shouldn't be presented, freedom of speech shouldn't be allowed, they create what they call 'safe spaces' which is basically an ideology bubble, enforced diversity(any group that is not equally divided by race and gender is a result of discrimination) and the famous "anyone who disagrees with us are alt-right nazi's".

It is estimated that people with these views represent about 12% to 18% of the population, 12% of 350 million is 42 million.

RushKing
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2019, 6:50 pm

Antrax wrote:
RushKing wrote:
Antrax wrote:

In general everyone's but I was specifically addressing racial politics here. It is my observation is that people tend to pick a "side" and then blindly follow that "side." The example I gave was regarding "attacking the bigger problem", "versus injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."

I think "black" on "black" violence is a symptom of wider systemic issues "blacks" face under American capitalism. Issues like redlining, lead poisoning, job discrimination, lending discrimination, drug wars, mass incarceration, etc.

These issues impoverish people, and impoverished people are more likely to commit violent crimes.

Antrax
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2019, 7:16 pm

RushKing wrote:
Antrax wrote:
RushKing wrote:
Antrax wrote:

I think "black" on "black" violence is a symptom of wider systemic issues "blacks" face under American capitalism. Issues like redlining, lead poisoning, job discrimination, lending discrimination, drug wars, mass incarceration, etc.

These issues impoverish people, and impoverished people are more likely to commit violent crimes.

Again I read Thomas Sowell so I take a different view when it comes to the poverty of the community. I agree that the violence is a symptom of poverty. A lot of these problems are interrelated and complicated. If there were easy solutions we would have implemented them by now.

By the way i you're interested in the work of Thomas Sowell one of his many interviews: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7hmTRT8tb4 .

fromamegaverse
Raven
Raven

17 Mar 2019, 7:52 pm

I feel like people should take responsibility for how they take in information and how they decide whether or not it is "accurate". There will always be bad influencers.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2019, 8:05 pm

fromamegaverse wrote:
I feel like people should take responsibility for how they take in information and how they decide whether or not it is "accurate". There will always be bad influencers.

Precisely! Good luck trying to convince those who peddle in this kind of journalism, though. It's like beating your head against a wall.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2019, 10:16 pm

Crimadella wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
More like some people see trumps presidency as an opportunity to spread the hate. I mean he does not directly support that stuff but I would say he probably has not discouraged it enough. But the thing is this hate is not new, its been brewing under the surfaces for quite a while its just coming out more now.

I mean here I'll admit this, when I was around 17 I was in a pretty bad place, and I got a little bit sucked into white supremacist stuff. I am very much ashamed of it but I can kind of understand I was in a really bad place and trying to find a way not to be bothered by the things going on in my life. But online I got involved in some nazi communities and such...and they were active back then like 11 years ago trying to suck in people like me who felt left out in life. I mean luckily I didn't get pulled into that part of it was my family, well my brother told my mom he was concerned about me getting into that stuff so she confronted me and well.....yeah I just felt like an as*hole and stopped that nonsense.

So that is why I don't promote any tolerance towards nazi stuff, like the will try to suck in unpopular disenfranchised feeling kids and turn them into extremists. And I was at risk of becoming one, but luckily I got out of it before that....seriously its embarrasing to talk about it but I was at a point I was starting to get into that stuff and yeah I cannot defend that at all.Yet the people willing to stand side by side with nazis...some of them were very fine people according to trump. I was not a very fine person when I was getting into that, I was a piece of sh*t.

Its embarrasing, but how many other young people are they targeting and trying to attract? Especially since they have been active since before I was 17 and was getting sucked in.

You rejected the hate in the end, and got out of it. That's what counts.

To me, it is equally bad for people to be racist towards white people on a very wide scale, that pushes people towards racist thoughts more so than the very low percentage of white supremacists trying to recruit people. It gives them fuel to be able to better recruit, making people that are white feel like outcasts by labeling them as 'being born racist because of there skin color', that their opinions don't count because they are white, that they should not be able to speak because they are white, college campuses literally building human walls preventing white people from being able to walk to there classes. Why is this behavior being widely accepted? It is just as damaging as white supremacists trying to recruit, the huge difference is these anti-white ideologies are being widely promoted and deemed acceptable, in that sense they are causing much more of a negative impact than actual white supremacists because there are millions, once again an estimated 42 million versus an estimated 150,000 white supremacists. The 150,000 white supremacists are very F-ed up people, and so are the 42 million anti-white people.

What connection does Sweetleaf's escape from white supremacy have anything to do with the stuff you wrote?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2019, 10:22 pm

Crimadella wrote:
MaxE wrote:
Crimadella wrote:
MaxE wrote:
RushKing wrote:
Crimadella wrote:
Why do people only condemn white supremacy, seems black supremacy is just as evil.

Makes sense, "black" people are much more hurt by "white" supremacy than "whites" are by "black" supremacy.

One of the social groups holds more power, and has the ability to wreck much more havoc.
I really don't think Black Supremacy is a thing. There is radical Black Nationalism, and even Black Separatism (although this sort of thing was way more prevalent 50 years ago than nowadays). Black Supremacy, that's a new one for me.

Really? Then what do you call a group of black people holding up signs with a white man on his knees and a chain around his neck, then the chain extends out to a black man, like he is holding the white man on a leash with words over it, "Now it's time for the white man to be the slave"? Friends??

Yea, it's no surprise it's new to you, because no body reports on it. In a story that spread viral, The MAGA hat teens and the native man that was actually harassing them rather than the other way around, the same group of people who believe that white people should be slaves, black Israelite's were there yelling racial slurs at white people. Now why has that 'fact' been intentionally suppressed??
This sign you describe was being carried by Black Israelites? To me they are a splinter group of little consequence. The same thing could be rightly said of the small group of people who actually showed up for the Unite the Right event in 2017, however White Supremacy is a widespread idea that actually dominated politics in the South (especially but not exclusively) until quite recently, and is still around. So I would see that as a legitimate threat, whereas a splinter group of black extremists don't pose any threat to me that I can perceive, and anyway very few black people of any consequence associate with such people.

Referring to the original subject line though, I would say that the idea of White Supremacy has definitely re-emerged as a potential threat to our society in that last couple of years, for what ever reason you choose to accept.

White supremacy is not far spreed, that is the lie that radicals on the left keep telling. Once again, an estimated 150,000 white supremacists versus 42 million people who believe white people shouldn't be able to speak and are racist simply because they are white. People keep trying to act like that isn't a huge problem and it's pretty stressful, one idea is a conspiracy theory(white supremacy is wide spread in the US), the other is more of a factual(statistical) thing 12%-18% people in the US believe that white people are racist because they are white and shouldn't be allowed to express an opinion on particular subjects.

42 million??? Dare I ask where you got that number?

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2019, 11:55 pm

The biggest danger in the world is US foreign policy. It made sure black people are now being sold as slaves again in Libya. Killed 500,000 children through the sanctions in the 90's and then another million in Iraq since 2003. Caused hell and destruction in Afghanistan, Sudan, Syria and Yemen. The US supported real neo Nazis in Ukraine to other throw an elected President. And they support and pay for racial apartheid in Palestine. Pretending silly Trump and some tiki torch morons are the real problem is an absurdity.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2019, 5:37 am

JohnPowell wrote:
The biggest danger in the world is US foreign policy. It made sure black people are now being sold as slaves again in Libya. Killed 500,000 children through the sanctions in the 90's and then another million in Iraq since 2003. Caused hell and destruction in Afghanistan, Sudan, Syria and Yemen. The US supported real neo Nazis in Ukraine to other throw an elected President. And they support and pay for racial apartheid in Palestine. Pretending silly Trump and some tiki torch morons are the real problem is an absurdity.

Presidents like Trump only serve to distract us from the real monsters who rule this corrupt evil empire of a country.

Crimadella
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2019, 8:34 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Crimadella wrote:
MaxE wrote:
Crimadella wrote:
MaxE wrote:
RushKing wrote:
Crimadella wrote:

I really don't think Black Supremacy is a thing. There is radical Black Nationalism, and even Black Separatism (although this sort of thing was way more prevalent 50 years ago than nowadays). Black Supremacy, that's a new one for me.

Really? Then what do you call a group of black people holding up signs with a white man on his knees and a chain around his neck, then the chain extends out to a black man, like he is holding the white man on a leash with words over it, "Now it's time for the white man to be the slave"? Friends??

Yea, it's no surprise it's new to you, because no body reports on it. In a story that spread viral, The MAGA hat teens and the native man that was actually harassing them rather than the other way around, the same group of people who believe that white people should be slaves, black Israelite's were there yelling racial slurs at white people. Now why has that 'fact' been intentionally suppressed??
This sign you describe was being carried by Black Israelites? To me they are a splinter group of little consequence. The same thing could be rightly said of the small group of people who actually showed up for the Unite the Right event in 2017, however White Supremacy is a widespread idea that actually dominated politics in the South (especially but not exclusively) until quite recently, and is still around. So I would see that as a legitimate threat, whereas a splinter group of black extremists don't pose any threat to me that I can perceive, and anyway very few black people of any consequence associate with such people.

Referring to the original subject line though, I would say that the idea of White Supremacy has definitely re-emerged as a potential threat to our society in that last couple of years, for what ever reason you choose to accept.

White supremacy is not far spreed, that is the lie that radicals on the left keep telling. Once again, an estimated 150,000 white supremacists versus 42 million people who believe white people shouldn't be able to speak and are racist simply because they are white. People keep trying to act like that isn't a huge problem and it's pretty stressful, one idea is a conspiracy theory(white supremacy is wide spread in the US), the other is more of a factual(statistical) thing 12%-18% people in the US believe that white people are racist because they are white and shouldn't be allowed to express an opinion on particular subjects.

42 million??? Dare I ask where you got that number?

yes, you can ask. I got all of those statistics from Tim Pool whom got it from legit sources, generally he brings up the article which gives the statistics. He is a very credible journalist which is a progressive leftist and doesn't like Trump, the difference and why I like him is because he will call both sides out when they lie, left or right, he is a very credible journalist.