TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2019, 4:36 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
The entire country is becoming more hateful. We're living in turmoil right now.

Its not the whole country. I am from Colorado and the feds want to take back federal funds for public safety because Colorado does not want to pour it's law enforcement resources and funds into illegal immigration enforcement. We have you know crimes with more victims that the state police should focus on it would not make sense for them to expand a ton of resources to enforce trumps immigration agenda.

People were trying to say well colorado shouldn't violate federal agenda if they don't want consequences, which for one its not in violation of federal law for the state to say we don't have the means to enforce trumps ridiculous policies. But also Colorado has been violating federal law since we legalized pot and none of them seem to worried about that.

Whatever wanna take away federal funds, well maybe with the right representaviship we can just become a self sufficient state, though there are issues even in the state so not sure how likely that is.

Maybe I should move to Colorado. :lol:

I'm tired of the racist idiots in Georgia who wave a Confederate flag in one hand and an American flag in other other. As for Florida... they be on some other s**t! :|

There are some of those in colorado to. Or the people that are so offended by the football kneeling they display desecrated flags with a blue stripe instead of the correct red, white and blue one. Which the irony is kneeling before the flag is not even over-all considered a sign of disrespect but desecrating the flag is. So these people pissed about that, display blue line for 'police lives matter' which actually desecrates the flag unlike the kneeling. And yet they b*tch about those black football players disrespecting the flag...

But that said that's not really a thing that gets popular here...I mean one time I recall some racist as*hole was trying to talk crap on people on the bus. And well bus driver stopped and he got shouted off the bus, no one wanted to listen to that crap so everyone yelled at him to get off and the bus driver even obliged and opened the door so people could shove him off the bus. That was pretty great.

That's pretty awesome about the bus. :D

I'm so glad I was raised by a more tolerant family that happens to be from Georgia. Most of them don't care that my father was Polynesian or that I'm gay.

In a way my mom is kind of like Atticus from To Kill a Mockingbird.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2019, 4:53 am

TW1ZTY wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:

Its not the whole country. I am from Colorado and the feds want to take back federal funds for public safety because Colorado does not want to pour it's law enforcement resources and funds into illegal immigration enforcement. We have you know crimes with more victims that the state police should focus on it would not make sense for them to expand a ton of resources to enforce trumps immigration agenda.

People were trying to say well colorado shouldn't violate federal agenda if they don't want consequences, which for one its not in violation of federal law for the state to say we don't have the means to enforce trumps ridiculous policies. But also Colorado has been violating federal law since we legalized pot and none of them seem to worried about that.

Whatever wanna take away federal funds, well maybe with the right representaviship we can just become a self sufficient state, though there are issues even in the state so not sure how likely that is.

I'm tired of the racist idiots in Georgia who wave a Confederate flag in one hand and an American flag in other other. As for Florida... they be on some other s**t! :|

There are some of those in colorado to. Or the people that are so offended by the football kneeling they display desecrated flags with a blue stripe instead of the correct red, white and blue one. Which the irony is kneeling before the flag is not even over-all considered a sign of disrespect but desecrating the flag is. So these people pissed about that, display blue line for 'police lives matter' which actually desecrates the flag unlike the kneeling. And yet they b*tch about those black football players disrespecting the flag...

But that said that's not really a thing that gets popular here...I mean one time I recall some racist as*hole was trying to talk crap on people on the bus. And well bus driver stopped and he got shouted off the bus, no one wanted to listen to that crap so everyone yelled at him to get off and the bus driver even obliged and opened the door so people could shove him off the bus. That was pretty great.

I'm so glad I was raised by a more tolerant family that happens to be from Georgia. Most of them don't care that my father was Polynesian or that I'm gay.

Well yeah it quite simply was not tolerated on that bus, some people may think it was mean...but maybe that guy shouldn't have been making racial slurs at minority ethnicity passengers. But yeah my boyfriend seems like he has parents that are more tolerant, as for my parents well they are weird. I remember as a kid my mom constantly complaining about 'the mexicans' and looking back some of that was kind of racist...and my dad he's a good person but he can be ignorant on some topics. Like seems like he's been buying into some of that 'all muslims are bed rhetoric' but I mean how would he feel if he was getting discriminated against for identifying as catholic because some of those catholic priests molested children. I just don't think he sees that part of it. Like he's catholic but he would not condone that kind of thing, so why is it beyond him that not all muslims believe in terrorism or forcing their beliefs? Just so much ignorance in the world.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2019, 5:22 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:

Well yeah it quite simply was not tolerated on that bus, some people may think it was mean...but maybe that guy shouldn't have been making racial slurs at minority ethnicity passengers. But yeah my boyfriend seems like he has parents that are more tolerant, as for my parents well they are weird. I remember as a kid my mom constantly complaining about 'the mexicans' and looking back some of that was kind of racist...and my dad he's a good person but he can be ignorant on some topics. Like seems like he's been buying into some of that 'all muslims are bed rhetoric' but I mean how would he feel if he was getting discriminated against for identifying as catholic because some of those catholic priests molested children. I just don't think he sees that part of it. Like he's catholic but he would not condone that kind of thing, so why is it beyond him that not all muslims believe in terrorism or forcing their beliefs? Just so much ignorance in the world.

Well it's not like my family is perfect either. My mom still has a lot of misconceptions about Asians. She likes to think she can tell what Asian country a person comes from just by looking at their face and eyes which is stupid because even her college professor explained that all Asians look very similar and the only way they can tell each other apart is by their languages, accents, and cultural differences. She also still refers to them as "Oriental" even though she knows they hate that term, and if I ever bother to correct her misconception about Asians she gets very mad at me.

I guess nobody is perfect. :shrug:

Crimadella
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2019, 10:31 am

Antrax wrote:
Crimadella wrote:
Piobaire wrote:

Actually, left wing journalists are making people more hateful, more divided. I'm white, Trump hasn't made me hateful.

Yeah, anecdotal evidence is as bad as claiming causation from correlation. I agree that I think identity politics are the root cause of racial angst in this country. Things were not so dire 10 years ago.

Trump is making things worse by playing to people's worse impulses. White identity politics is still identity politics.

It basically comes down to difference of opinion. Trump hasn't been politically correct with his words, he has condemned white supremacists a lot of times, even during his speaches. So what is being suggested here is that a man that has openly condemned white supremacy is somehow encouraging white supremacy, rather odd statement to me. I would imagine the wide spread of left wing journalists and even sometimes left wing media openly being racist towards white people since the day Trump was elected has a lot more to do with the white portion of racists feeling they can be more open about it, which I honestly don't think they ever kept it a secret, more so they just weren't in the spotlight, they are in the spotlight mostly because of left wing media. Now there is another issue, that issue is white supremacists marching through streets. I would assume they feel they can do that now because of the millions of people marching in the streets openly stating racist things towards whites, there for I would imagine it's more of a....well, they can March in the streets making claims like white people are born racist, minorities can't be racist (yes, they can be), white people's opinions don't count on particular subjects, and yes, you even have particular groups in public with white people on their knees with a chain around the and black men holding the chain, and openly stating that now it is time for white people to be slaves. Call me crazy, but I belive that kind of behaviour being displayed openly has alot more encouragement towards white supremacists marching the street than a president which has openly condemned them on several ocasions and whom has even kicked white supremacists out of his events while he was giving speaches.

Clearly, the left spreading ideologies that are racist towards whites will have the ability to make more whites feel outcasted, thus possibly convert a few of them into white supremacists. Racism incites racism just as violence incites violence.

Reminder, millions of left wingers March through the street calling white people, wh***y, racist and telling them their opinion doesn't matter because they are white and that they shouldn't be allowed to speak because they are white. This type of ideologies broke out in a very big manner as soon as Trump was elected, people where attacking whites for being white, throwing bricks and bottles at there cars, snatching them out of their cars and beating them down, there is a famous tape where 3 blacks pulled an old white man out of his car and beat him down, guilty of looking like a Trump voter. Notice all if this took place before white racists started marching in streets.

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2019, 10:43 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
I wish I could see a video of that. I know that Antifa types are immature hooligans just looking for an excuse for some ultraviolence, but I still relish the prospect of seeing some right-winger getting beaten to a pulp :D by "everyday" citizens.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2019, 10:59 am

Seems like he's brought 4chan down on himself too. Well played.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

Crimadella
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2019, 11:01 am

Before people manage to leap to the conclusion that I'm a 'righty' because I do not support false claims about Trump let me state that I'm not a righty, I have a slight right lean...

I support:

Gun rights
Border security
Freedom of speech
Public schools
A new progressive tax bracket for 10million
The Welfare system
Anti-war & against US presence in other countries
Abortions

:I think we should fix our own country before we set out to police the world. I can understand stepping in, in particular situations but the fact is we have a run-away military who will lie to us so they can attack countries to push their corrupt agendas. We have many poor neighborhoods that we could help out greatly for a fraction of the cost we use to invade other countries.

Last edited by Crimadella on 17 Mar 2019, 11:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

Crimadella
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2019, 11:06 am

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
Seems like he's brought 4chan down on himself too. Well played.

I'm confused, hasn't Trump tried many ways to get the wall built? He even shut the government down to try to get the wall built, is he at fault because congress will not allow it? It's not as if it is from a lack of trying to get the wall built.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2019, 11:07 am

Crimadella wrote:
Before people manage to leap to the conclusion that I'm a 'righty' because I do not support false claims about Trump let me state that I'm not a righty, I have a light right lean...

I support:

Gun rights
Border security
Freedom of speech
Public schools
The Welfare system

:I think we should fix our own country before we set out to police the world. I can understand stepping in, in particular situations but the fact is we have a run-away military who will lie to us so they can attack countries to push their corrupt agendas. We have many poor neighborhoods that we could help out greatly for a fraction of the cost we use to invade other countries.

No, it's just that people who disagree with you calling you whatever their enemy is seems to work at shutting most people up and if it works they'll keep doing it, and if it feels right to them they'll keep doing it too.

Maybe one of the hardest and most important lessons to learn about how a lot of people communicate - if they aren't directly countering your arguments with facts they're probably group-signalling and with respect to what they're doing truth is irrelevant.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2019, 11:11 am

Crimadella wrote:
I'm confused, hasn't Trump tried many ways to get the wall built? He even shut the government down to try to get the wall built, is he at fault because congress will not allow it? It's not as if it is from a lack of trying to get the wall built.

I think Trump will likely lose in 2020 because The Wall is his version of Sessions's Devil's Lettuce. If it was something in a wide variety of ideas and he had something more important as his front and center priority okay, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I think that's what it's coming down to - ie. fixing immigration is an important issue but choosing the wall as your hill to die on is tone-deaf to what the actual problems are.

I've contributed lately to Gabbard, Yang, and Williamson because I want to see all three of them at the debates - Gabbard and Yang for obvious reasons, Williamson because she's a huge Yang supporter and will echo his ideas.

Antrax
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2019, 12:56 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
Crimadella wrote:
Before people manage to leap to the conclusion that I'm a 'righty' because I do not support false claims about Trump let me state that I'm not a righty, I have a light right lean...

I support:

Gun rights
Border security
Freedom of speech
Public schools
The Welfare system

No, it's just that people who disagree with you calling you whatever their enemy is seems to work at shutting most people up and if it works they'll keep doing it, and if it feels right to them they'll keep doing it too.

Maybe one of the hardest and most important lessons to learn about how a lot of people communicate - if they aren't directly countering your arguments with facts they're probably group-signalling and with respect to what they're doing truth is irrelevant.

I'm struggling to find the study, but there was a study by a group out of Stanford that people build associations of ideas. IE they expect someone who is pro-gun rights to be anti-abortion, even though there's no logical reason for those stances to be aligned. Similarly they expect some one who is pro- gun control to be pro-choice even though once again there's no logical reason for these stances to be aligned.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2019, 1:00 pm

Antrax wrote:
I'm struggling to find the study, but there was a study by a group out of Stanford that people build associations of ideas. IE they expect someone who is pro-gun rights to be anti-abortion, even though there's no logical reason for those stances to be aligned. Similarly they expect some one who is pro- gun control to be pro-choice even though once again there's no logical reason for these stances to be aligned.

I remember Sam Harris explicitly complaining about this sort of clustering on several occasions. I agree with him as well, it doesn't inspire much hope in human reason.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2019, 1:22 pm

Well I guess I am in the minority then because he hasn't made me more hateful.

I don't know if more people have actually become more hateful. I know some people believe that including my own mother. The media could just be reporting it more.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2019, 1:31 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
More like some people see trumps presidency as an opportunity to spread the hate. I mean he does not directly support that stuff but I would say he probably has not discouraged it enough. But the thing is this hate is not new, its been brewing under the surfaces for quite a while its just coming out more now.

I mean here I'll admit this, when I was around 17 I was in a pretty bad place, and I got a little bit sucked into white supremacist stuff. I am very much ashamed of it but I can kind of understand I was in a really bad place and trying to find a way not to be bothered by the things going on in my life. But online I got involved in some nazi communities and such...and they were active back then like 11 years ago trying to suck in people like me who felt left out in life. I mean luckily I didn't get pulled into that part of it was my family, well my brother told my mom he was concerned about me getting into that stuff so she confronted me and well.....yeah I just felt like an as*hole and stopped that nonsense.

So that is why I don't promote any tolerance towards nazi stuff, like the will try to suck in unpopular disenfranchised feeling kids and turn them into extremists. And I was at risk of becoming one, but luckily I got out of it before that....seriously its embarrasing to talk about it but I was at a point I was starting to get into that stuff and yeah I cannot defend that at all.Yet the people willing to stand side by side with nazis...some of them were very fine people according to trump. I was not a very fine person when I was getting into that, I was a piece of sh*t.

Its embarrasing, but how many other young people are they targeting and trying to attract? Especially since they have been active since before I was 17 and was getting sucked in.

You rejected the hate in the end, and got out of it. That's what counts.

Antrax
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2019, 1:37 pm

karathraceandherspecialdestiny wrote:
Antrax wrote:
karathraceandherspecialdestiny wrote:
Now all the hate crimes are fake and done by leftists to frame the right. Now we're resorting to crazy conspiracy theories.

I think of fake hate crimes like fake rape reports. They happen just enough to make it difficult to know when it's the real thing.

By the way the fake rape report incidence is estimated at 10%. That means 90% of the time a rape report is accurate, but 10% is actually a pretty high false positive rate. Under standard T testing the correlation of a rape report with rapes would be considered insignificant.

My view is all accusations of serious crimes like rape and hate crimes should be taken seriously and investigated fully. However, this does not mean the "victim" should be automatically believed.

If I'm not mistaken that 10% statistic is the amount of cases that police ultimately ruled "unfounded"--and there have been problems with many police departments over the years finding rape charges unfounded for any number of bad reasons like they don't want to investigate sex crimes because they don't take them seriously, or because of myths of ways that victims "should" behave after being traumatized when studies have now shown what can happen to the brain because of trauma and how different people will react to it like how some people freeze in the moment instead of fighting because that is their instinctual response, or people who are quiet because they are in shock instead of being really emotional and weeping, or because of lack of funding/personel. Just look at the epidemic of untested rape kits across North America because for one reason or another police don't want to test those kits and investigate the crimes they represent.

The Globe & Mail: Unfounded - Why police dismiss 1 in 5 sexual assault claims as baseless

Buzzfeed News: Unfounded. This Police Department Tosses Aside Rape Reports When A Victim Doesn’t Resist “To The Best Of Her Ability”

USA Today: Tens of thousands of rape kits go untested across USA

I'll be honest I don't know how the statistic as calculated. However, rape accusations have power. And in many ways a person who makes a false accusation may be more mentally prepared to stand up to the intense questioning than someone who actually went through the horror of a sexual assault. There's also an unknown number of 3rd party accusers.

The Atlantic's Emily Yoffe published a 3 part series on college rape policy and just how murky it can be:
https://www.theatlantic.com/education/a ... cy/538974/

The weaponized accusation is a known phenomenon that has happened again and again across history. Salem witch trials, Red scare McCarthyism.

Anecdotally, I knew a guy in college who had the worst taste in woman. He had an ex-girlfriend from his hometown who was psychotically jealous. He also had a current girlfriend at college who was psychotically possessive. His ex-girlfriend tracked him to college and started making inquiries as to if he was seeing anyone. His current girlfriend felt very threatened and wanted him to get her pregnant so he'd be bound to her. She started demanding he have sex without a condom with her. She said that if he didn't she would report him as a rapist. Guy decided he'd have sex without a condom with her and no rape report was filed.

There are a lot of rapes that don't get reported because the process is arduous and difficult. Is it really so hard to believe that for 9 hurt victims that do actually report there is 1 instance of a bad 3rd party report, a psycho who wants to ruin someone's life, or a regretful sexual encounter that has been recast as an assault?

Crimadella
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2019, 1:46 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
More like some people see trumps presidency as an opportunity to spread the hate. I mean he does not directly support that stuff but I would say he probably has not discouraged it enough. But the thing is this hate is not new, its been brewing under the surfaces for quite a while its just coming out more now.

I mean here I'll admit this, when I was around 17 I was in a pretty bad place, and I got a little bit sucked into white supremacist stuff. I am very much ashamed of it but I can kind of understand I was in a really bad place and trying to find a way not to be bothered by the things going on in my life. But online I got involved in some nazi communities and such...and they were active back then like 11 years ago trying to suck in people like me who felt left out in life. I mean luckily I didn't get pulled into that part of it was my family, well my brother told my mom he was concerned about me getting into that stuff so she confronted me and well.....yeah I just felt like an as*hole and stopped that nonsense.

So that is why I don't promote any tolerance towards nazi stuff, like the will try to suck in unpopular disenfranchised feeling kids and turn them into extremists. And I was at risk of becoming one, but luckily I got out of it before that....seriously its embarrasing to talk about it but I was at a point I was starting to get into that stuff and yeah I cannot defend that at all.Yet the people willing to stand side by side with nazis...some of them were very fine people according to trump. I was not a very fine person when I was getting into that, I was a piece of sh*t.

Its embarrasing, but how many other young people are they targeting and trying to attract? Especially since they have been active since before I was 17 and was getting sucked in.

You rejected the hate in the end, and got out of it. That's what counts.

To me, it is equally bad for people to be racist towards white people on a very wide scale, that pushes people towards racist thoughts more so than the very low percentage of white supremacists trying to recruit people. It gives them fuel to be able to better recruit, making people that are white feel like outcasts by labeling them as 'being born racist because of there skin color', that their opinions don't count because they are white, that they should not be able to speak because they are white, college campuses literally building human walls preventing white people from being able to walk to there classes. Why is this behavior being widely accepted? It is just as damaging as white supremacists trying to recruit, the huge difference is these anti-white ideologies are being widely promoted and deemed acceptable, in that sense they are causing much more of a negative impact than actual white supremacists because there are millions, once again an estimated 42 million versus an estimated 150,000 white supremacists. The 150,000 white supremacists are very F-ed up people, and so are the 42 million anti-white people.