Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

shlaifu
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2019, 2:30 pm

The interviewer Andrew Neill is considered "staunchly conservative", but, in his own words, likes to take on opposing views to his guests and ask probing questions.

It's funny to see Shapiro confronted with a conservative from a country where conservative doesn't imply the exact same moral values.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2019, 2:58 pm

Shapiro is used to arguing against 15 year old liberals. He came up against an adult and got humiliated.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

ollychan
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2019, 5:15 pm

we need better technology to detect a three-hour-old fetus .

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2019, 5:36 pm

Shapiro: "I'm popular and no one has ever heard of you".

"MEAN GIRLS" ...

Daniel89
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2019, 5:47 pm

Yeah playing devils advocate is true journalism. Ask the person tough questions if their ideas are good they should have good answers, if not they are exposed.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

13 May 2019, 3:09 pm

Neill: "Isn't it wrong to send someone to prison for 30 years for having a miscarriage?"
Shapiro: "You're a far-left idiot who refuses to answer questions and I am ending this interview."

If this is the great intellectual hope for the American conservative movement then it explains why the American conservative movement is in such a poor state. I feel sorry for the Koch brothers!

BenderRodriguez
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2019, 3:46 pm

I'm not that familiar with Shapiro, but he made a fool of himself beyond repair 8O

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2019, 3:09 pm

The_Walrus wrote:
Neill: "Isn't it wrong to send someone to prison for 30 years for having a miscarriage?"
Shapiro: "You're a far-left idiot who refuses to answer questions and I am ending this interview."

If this is the great intellectual hope for the American conservative movement then it explains why the American conservative movement is in such a poor state. I feel sorry for the Koch brothers!

It was the questions about Israel that made him meltdown

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

ollychan
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2019, 12:34 am

ollychan
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2019, 12:40 am

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2019, 4:16 pm

BBC: 1
Professional troll: 0

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う