why were banks bailed out in 2008-09-ish ..

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

ollychan
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2019, 9:52 pm

i mean in a free market capitalist system , if they received loss because of their own fault, they should just receive loss because of their own fault.. Why was the entire nation of people paying for them ? now you look at the grim health of the future of this entire country you just want to say to yourself, too big it fails

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2019, 11:49 pm

i guess the PTB were afraid it would set in motion a cascade of downwind defaults if they did nothing?

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2019, 5:39 am

I think they decided that a stealth tax through a splurge of money printing would go down better with the populace than a run on the banks, savings disappearing overnight and all the side effects that would have. The tax payers would have footed the bill either way, but one was less likely to end with politicians and bankers swinging side by side from lampposts.

ollychan
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2019, 7:01 am

that will be a lot of questions for kamala buttigieg biden etc.. besides obamas failed delivery of promises and hillarys general clumsiness as a politcian ..

one no longer wants to think for the future of this country ..