Page 3 of 6 [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Crimadella
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2019, 10:02 am

Fnord wrote:
Celibacy -- voluntary or otherwise -- is not a problem.

I would say it depends on the situation, it can be a problem just the same as it cannot be a problem. If one is depressed because they wish they had a mate but can't find one, obviously it is a problem which results in depression.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2019, 10:05 am

Crimadella wrote:
Fnord wrote:
I would say it depends on the situation, it can be a problem just the same as it cannot be a problem. If one is depressed because they wish they had a mate but can't find one, obviously it is a problem which results in depression.
Depression is caused by imbalanced brain chemistry. Sadness is caused by not getting what you want.

If one is saddened because they wish they had a mate but can't find one, obviously it is a problem which results in sadness.

Celibacy is not a problem unless the celibate person makes it so.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2019, 10:19 am

Crimadella wrote:
Biscuitman wrote:
INCELS

Lack of understanding.

If you disagree, how about presenting a study which shows that females on average do not care if a male they wish to be with lacks success and confidence. ?

Me thinks he was joking Crim , chill out

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

Crimadella
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2019, 10:21 am

Fnord wrote:
Crimadella wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Depression is caused by imbalanced brain chemicals. Sadness is caused by not getting what you want.

If one is saddened because they wish they had a mate but can't find one, obviously it is a problem which results in sadness.

What causes the chemical imbalance? Can stress levels result in chemical imbalances? I know in my particular case, depression medication did nothing for me, I get extremely stressed out around people, I don't even have to socially engage with them to be stressed out, this led to severe depression, being I was trying to work for a living it was required that I be around people, I was placed on many different depression medications, none of them worked. After trying to kill myself many times, I finally got to the point where I couldn't force myself to just deal with it anymore. Now thar I do not work, I'm not depressed. If it were simply a chemical imbalance, shouldn't I still be depressed? Or do stress levels generate a chemical imbalance and removing myself from the stress corrected the imbalance?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2019, 10:23 am

Crimadella wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Crimadella wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Depression is caused by imbalanced brain chemicals. Sadness is caused by not getting what you want. If one is saddened because they wish they had a mate but can't find one, obviously it is a problem which results in sadness. Celibacy is not a problem unless the celibate person makes it so.
What causes the chemical imbalance? Can stress levels result in chemical imbalances? I know in my particular case, depression medication did nothing for me, I get extremely stressed out around people, I don't even have to socially engage with them to be stressed out, this led to severe depression, being I was trying to work for a living it was required that I be around people, I was placed on many different depression medications, none of them worked. After trying to kill myself many times, I finally got to the point where I couldn't force myself to just deal with it anymore. Now thar I do not work, I'm not depressed. If it were simply a chemical imbalance, shouldn't I still be depressed? Or do stress levels generate a chemical imbalance and removing myself from the stress corrected the imbalance?
Hey, don't argue the point with me ... I'm not one of the medical scientists who determined the truth about depression. Argue with them.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Crimadella
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2019, 10:26 am

SaveFerris wrote:
Crimadella wrote:
Biscuitman wrote:
INCELS

Lack of understanding.

If you disagree, how about presenting a study which shows that females on average do not care if a male they wish to be with lacks success and confidence. ?

I wasn't being hostile, I was simply stating my case. I didn't register that it was a joke, not sure how I could. We live in an age where science is often denied and ridiculous cases are made. I'm not angry in any kind of way, in fact I found it quite amusing.

Fnord, I wasn't argueing, I was asking a question, by your reply I imagine you don't have an answer.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2019, 10:28 am

Crimadella wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
Crimadella wrote:
Biscuitman wrote:
INCELS

Lack of understanding.

I wasn't being hostile, I was simply stating my case. I didn't register that it was a joke, not sure how I could. We live in an age where science is often denied and ridiculous cases are made. I'm not angry in any kind of way, in fact I found it quite amusing.

I could be wrong but my reasoning is that the poster is British thus sarcasm is expected , it was all caps and just one word right after I told people to be careful what they typed - classic British sarcasm if you ask me.

I just noticed he posted it twice , maybe more humour but less likely

Explain yourself biscuitman and stop being cryptic :lol:

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2019, 10:33 am

SaveFerris wrote:
Crimadella wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
Crimadella wrote:
Biscuitman wrote:
INCELS

Lack of understanding.

I could be wrong but my reasoning is that the poster is British thus sarcasm is expected , it was all caps and just one word right after I told people to be careful what they typed - classic British sarcasm if you ask me.

I just noticed he posted it twice , maybe more humour but less likely

Explain yourself biscuitman and stop being cryptic :lol:

BINGO! :lol:

Crimadella
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2019, 10:34 am

I guess if I'm left with no answer and have to think one out I would assume that yes, stress can cause chemical imbalances, when someone experiences a ton of stress, there are chemicals releases associated with stress, possibly the imbalance of chemicals caused by stress levels where just too much of an imbalance for the depression medications to correct.

If it was a joke I just didn't see it. It's no big deal, it didn't make me mad or anything. People always assume I get mad or "argue" when all I'm doing is expressing my ideas, I've never really understood why that is, it happend in IRL as well?

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2019, 11:20 am

SaveFerris wrote:
techstepgenr8tion wrote:
The Grand Inquisitor wrote:
Just because less young men are having sex doesn't mean they're choosing to do so. Many of us have little say in the matter.

That's the MGTOW vs FA and Incel dividing line.

It's definitely getting into territory that is not allowed here , so I suggest everyone watch what they type if they want this thread to continue.

I didn't say anything inappropriate. It's a technical distinction.

MGTOW = men going their own way, ie. choice implied.

FA and Incel tend to consider themselves similar in circumstance, different in reaction (incel going with the anger, FA going more with the depression). In this case both would agree that in their cases it hasn't been a choice.

Point being - it's a multifaceted phenomena.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2019, 11:26 am

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
techstepgenr8tion wrote:
Just because less young men are having sex doesn't mean they're choosing to do so. Many of us have little say in the matter.

It's definitely getting into territory that is not allowed here , so I suggest everyone watch what they type if they want this thread to continue.

I didn't say anything inappropriate. It's a technical distinction.

MGTOW = men going their own way, ie. choice implied.

FA and Incel tend to consider themselves similar in circumstance, different in reaction (incel going with the anger, FA going more with the depression). In this case both would agree that in their cases it hasn't been a choice.

My post wasn't aimed at you dude , you pointed out the divide , I didn't want anyone crossing that divide. :)

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2019, 6:06 pm

mebbe it's cause they're collectively tired of getting into arguments over the thermostat setting.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2019, 6:16 pm

Crimadella wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Crimadella wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Depression is caused by imbalanced brain chemicals. Sadness is caused by not getting what you want.

I believe chronic pain can cause depression also...

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2019, 6:18 pm

Pepe wrote:
I believe chronic pain can cause depression also...

a lot of us here have various kindsa chronic pain.

Hollywood_Guy
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2019, 6:22 pm

Crimadella wrote:
I've seen alot of information on this subject. Some of the stronger possible theories link it to success rates droping amount males and feeling left behind due to the culture war, particularly from extreme feminists and the far left demonizing masculinity as well as the price of education and exploitation of students with student loans and the lowering of education standards. Not everywhere, but in many places students are being taught incorrect information and teaches are being restricted from teaching studies and factual information because of the few students who may get offended and call for an attack on the teacher with a bunch of people trying to take over a college or university by grouping toget her and demanding a teacher be fired because at least one out of 300 students get offended by factual information. Once again, this isn't everywhere but it exists enough to make an impact. All these issues together are contributing to males have less sex and relationships. I've seen studies that show females are not being as effected, they can typically go for older, more successful men while women on average tend to not desire to date a 30 year old man whom still lives with his parents, on average a man with a good courier are less judgemental to females living with parents. Of course it doesn't count for everyone, people are individuals, but biology tends to favor males beings more successful and being providers, that seems to strongly affect the outcomes, also it has been shown that less males are getting college degrees while more females are obtaining degrees. These seem to be the theories that make the most sense, considering that younger people are becoming less successful and obtaining more degrees that are basically useless. To add to it I think about the last two generations have been over protected and on average handle stress much poorer, less likely to conquer challenges, require safe spaces due to over protection while being raised and have a lack of skills "dealing with it". This is very possibly the main root behind the culture war. That's what I have gathered from watching many people including some professionals and studies. Makes sense to me.

Another large issue in the room is the single parent rate and marriage failure rate at about 40 or 50 percent.

Yeah, I don't know if it's happening as much where I am (still see young men around my age with partners) but hearing what's going on today gives me something to be worried about my own prospects in dating.

The Grand Inquisitor
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2019, 6:26 pm

SaveFerris wrote:
techstepgenr8tion wrote:

Since my quote is in the mix here, please explain what it is that I've said that is a problem. Or are we just not allowed to talk about the fact that some people are not able to engage in certain forms of intimacy despite their preference for doing so?