The anti semite caucus may get another member

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2019, 11:02 am

Valerie Plame, Who Worried About ‘America’s Jews,’ Is Running for Congress

Quote:
Valerie Plame, the former CIA employee and husband of Joe Wilson who was the center of controversy in George W. Bush’s second term, is running for Congress as a Democrat in New Mexico’s 3rd district. If Plame wins the primary, she’ll have a good chance of winning the seat, as the 3rd district is pretty heavily Democrat-leaning, scoring a D+8 in the Cook Partisan Voting Index.

Then again, Plame would bring unique baggage to the race. You may recall in September 2017, Plame got herself in hot water for tweeting out a link to an article headlined, “America’s Jews Are Driving America’s Wars.” The article’s sub-headline asked, “Shouldn’t they recuse themselves when dealing with the Middle East?”

In the face of objections, Plame doubled down, declaring the article, “very provocative, but thoughtful. Many neocon hawks ARE Jewish . . . Read the entire article and try, just for a moment, to put aside your biases and think clearly.”

A short time later, she backtracked: “OK folks, look, I messed up. I skimmed this piece, zeroed in on the neocon criticism, and shared it without seeing and considering the rest.” (This doesn’t make a whole lot of sense, considering how an hour earlier, she was telling everyone else to “read the entire article.” If Plame genuinely failed to discern any anti-Semitic themes in the articles she read and shared, I guess we should be glad she wasn’t a CIA analyst.)

She commented that Natalie Portman was a fine choice to play a young Ruth Bader Ginsburg because “they are both Jewish.” (By itself, that’s a harmless comment, but in the context of the other ones, Plame seems particularly focused on knowing who’s Jewish and who isn’t.)

Her personal web site now lists a lengthy apology:

“I regret adding to the already chaotic and sometimes hate-filled conversation on social media. In the past, I have also carelessly retweeted articles from this same site, the Unz Review, without closely examining content and authors. Now that I have, I am horrified and ashamed. The white supremacist and anti-Semitic propaganda espoused by this website is disgusting and I strongly condemn it. It is an affront to human dignity and does not reflect my values.”

Some primary or general election rival is likely to put a great deal of focus on Plame’s views in this area.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2019, 11:21 am

So she’s the Dems’ Steve King?

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2019, 5:19 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
So she’s the Dems’ Steve King?

King was actually elected and is a longtime congressman, Plame is just a candidate. Plame's apology went beyond the "I was misunderstood", I'm sorry if I offended anyone type". Do I believe her apology is sincere?, no but I am not a mind reader.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman