Page 13 of 13 [ 208 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2019, 1:15 pm

I think you need to find a community who has some similar values.

A lot of Wiccans don’t really understand what it’s about and use it to spread more negativity than anything else. Is that the type of thing you were seeing in the Facebook group?

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2019, 1:31 pm

Twilightprincess wrote:

A lot of Wiccans don’t really understand what it’s about and use it to spread more negativity than anything else. Is that the type of thing you were seeing in the Facebook group?

Pretty much. Also many self-proclaimed wiccans can't take a little critcism of their own beliefs and behavior. They get together to shoot down the messenger and act like a bunch of grade school bullies.

I really am done with wiccans and pagans. One of the reasons I felt drawn to it in the first place was because I was told how tolerant and open minded wiccans are.

They're not. They're a bunch of drama queen egotistic b*****s trying to be weird to get attention.

And I'm really ashamed to admit that I was just as bad as them. :oops: But no more!

The Spades teach us to conquer all we claim.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2019, 1:33 pm

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:

Pretty much. Also many self-proclaimed wiccans can't take a little critcism of their own beliefs and behavior. They get together to shoot down the messenger and act like a bunch of grade school bullies.

I really am done with wiccans and pagans. One of the reasons I felt drawn to it in the first place was because I was told how tolerant and open minded wiccans are.

They're not. They're a bunch of drama queen egotistic b*****s trying to be weird to get attention.

And I'm really ashamed to admit that I was just as bad as them. :oops: But no more!

Have you ever tried yoga communities or Buddhism? There tends to be a lot of open mindedness in both of those groups, especially if you find a spiritual, meditative yoga group instead of one whose focus is physical fitness.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2019, 1:35 pm

The notion of namaste can be empowering: the divine in me recognizes the divine in you.

Hmm... Maybe I am a goddess. :wink:

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2019, 1:39 pm

Twilightprincess wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:

Have you ever tried yoga communities or Buddhism? There tends to be a lot of open mindedness in both of those groups, especially if you find a spiritual, meditative yoga group instead of one whose focus is physical fitness.

I honestly don't know a lot about Buddhism. I guess I can look into it. I've heard they too have a belief that all religions are actually true. Is that true?

The fact is I'm both an agnostic and an omnist. I believe all religion has some truth to it, but each person has to decide for themselves what is truth and what is simply superstious nonsense

We'll most likely never know the truth about a lot of things. Even science can only prove so much.

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2019, 1:41 pm

Twilightprincess wrote:
The notion of namaste can be empowering: the divine in me recognizes the divine in you.

Hmm... Maybe I am a goddess. :wink:

At least I won't give up cartomancy. It's a fun hobby. :)

♤♡ :study: ◇♧

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2019, 6:16 pm

I've heard they too have a belief that all religions are actually true. Is that true?

All religions are equally true. Especially in Indiana Jones movies.

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2019, 7:31 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
I've heard they too have a belief that all religions are actually true. Is that true?

And Poltergeist :)

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

26 Jun 2019, 6:28 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:

0=0=0 ?

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2019, 8:31 am

magz wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:

0=0=0 ?

So it seems.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2019, 9:27 pm

This was just delicious, I couldn't resist!

Based Hindus Cast Spell to Banish Feminism

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2019, 9:50 pm

Most of what I reply to has some relevance for me, negative or positive. In this example it could be that I am just more susceptible to certain suggestions, I'm not closed to hearing that criticism. I don't personally believe it of myself, but I could see why someone else would.

I have always been drawn to mystical topics. I began to experiment with different types of divination in my very early 20s. My life went straight down the shitter and stayed there. Why do people still practice magic? I have no idea. But, if you are God's child and you want trouble, keep at it. Because you will get it.

There is another side, a parallel universe or whatever. And I don't ever want to see or know anything about it, ever again. I'm happy to see what's right in front of me and nothing more.

Neurocognitive exam in May 2019, diagnosed with ASD, Asperger's type in June 2019.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2019, 3:37 pm

To break more good stuff over people's heads (not that there'll likely be any takers), this guy's talking about the Arbatel and the Olympic spirits, I have a copy I think of Joseph B Peterson's translation that I need to get back from a friend one of these days.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin