Page 1 of 4 [ 61 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Crimadella
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2019, 11:52 am

This seems to be a big issue, oddly it effects all IQ levels. It's very annoying, I wounder why it exists? It's mind blowing to me how, when anyone seems to make a non-hateful statement which involves a protected class people just love to step in and act as if they are heroes or the righteous savors of a protected class that wasn't even being attacked. Funny thing is it only goes one way, if the statement which involves a protected class is negative it is wrongfully deemed as generalizing and hateful by the heroes that seem to have a temporary comprehension issue, yet if you were to state the exact same statement which wouldn't involve a protected class their comprehension skills would return to normal. I wonder if their have been any studies into this, it would probably be a good idea to investigate.

Just as an example, maybe I will clear this one up as I did look into it further....

the statement: Gays are involved in 40% of pedophilia cases.
The hero reaction: Why are you attacking gays you homophobe, suggesting all gay people are pedophiles!

Now, the statement even if wrong was simply a statement in which one was quoting statistics, not attacking anyone, yet heroes will step in and act as if it's an attack. This can easily be proved by removing the protected class and presenting the same statement/statistic but involving an unprotected class.

The adjusted statement: White straight males are involved in 40% of pedophilia cases.

If one were to make that statement you would not here from the heroes and their comprehension of the statement would be normal.

I'm not trying to make this about that statement, but as far as that goes it was information I obtained from a commentator, and no, they weren't attacking gays either. I did further research and found it rather difficult to come up with statistics on sexual orientation statistics for pedophilia cases though I did stumble onto some studies who had similar results. One of them was a study conducted by a gay rights activist suggesting that around 80% of pedophilia cases are committed by straight males. While another claims to have found issues with their study and suggested their data was incorrect because they counted men married to women while raping young boys as straight simply because they are married to women. So they did the same study and stated that it was more like 40% of pedophilia cases are committed by gay people. I, as a middle man, would say both of them are wrong because they are excluding the fact that a category such as bisexual does exist. A man married to a women and having sex with a boy is not straight or gay but bisexual. So the real statistics for pedophilia cases are more around 60% straight, 20% bisexual, 20% gay. Anyway, this is not the point of this topic...

As one can see with the examples I gave, for some unknown reason, some people have real issues in determining when a statement is hateful or not so long as it involves mentioning a protected class here in the United States, the the problem of comprehension skills exists world wide. It's not really comprehension skills though, like I said, all you have to do is remove the protected class and insert an unprotected class and their comprehension is just fine. Why does this occur??

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2019, 12:21 pm

Because of the stereotype which states that all gay men are pedophiles. It might be an overreaction....but there’s a reason for it.

Sort of like Trump saying the press is the “enemy of the people.”

You don’t persuade people to your point of view by questioning their “reading comprehension.”

People find that insulting.

Last edited by kraftiekortie on 25 Jun 2019, 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2019, 12:22 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Because of the stereotype which states that all gay men are pedophiles.

^ This.

The Spades teach us to conquer all we claim.

Crimadella
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2019, 12:26 pm

I meant to add this. It is this issue that arises within people labeling Trump as racist, it comes from some internal issue with comprehending statements so long as it involves negativity while mentioning a protected class or really just anything other than a straight white male. The same issue is often(not always but in a few of cases) reversed with these people, to the degree that someone can actually make a racist statement towards white people and they do not understand how said statement is racist.

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2019, 12:28 pm

Ah shuddup ya bunch of white devil honkeys!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2019, 12:29 pm

I don’t know if Trump is racist.

I know he’s running the nation like he’s the CEO of it.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2019, 12:30 pm

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY wrote:
TW!ZTY!!

You know better than to use that kind of language!

It's "Honkies", not "Honkeys"!

:wink:

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Crimadella
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2019, 12:33 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Because of the stereotype which states that all gay men are pedophiles. It might be an overreaction....but there’s a reason for it.

Sort of like Trump saying the press is the “enemy of the people.”

You don’t persuade people to your point of view by questioning their “reading comprehension.”

People find that insulting.

I don't know what else to call it, that is what it is right? When you don't understand the meaning of a statement, is that not a comprehension problem? It's the overreaction that feeds the comprehension problem, but a lack of understanding the comment is what is occurring.

Like I said, I wasn't trying to make it about that one statement, people have the same reactions to all kinds of things, so long as it meets the requirements of a negative statement which involves mentioning a protected class.

I'm not trying to insult, I'm trying to figure out why this happens and hoping that people who tend to do this can see how they seem to jump the gun on pretty much any statement involving protected classes. I'm sure the problem exists elsewhere. If not a comprehension issue, what would you call it? It does get quite ridiculous too. Like for that specific statement, 40% turned into an accusation of me saying 100% of gay people are pedophiles, from overreaction to absurdity.

Last edited by Crimadella on 25 Jun 2019, 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2019, 12:34 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:

The fact that he wants to build a big wall to keep hispanics out of the country while calling them "murderers and rapists" shows that he has some sort of grudge again Latin Americans.

And he's a xenophobe and an isolationist.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
I do not know if Trump is racist, but I know he is running the  nation  plantation like he is the  CEO  master of it.
There. Corrected it for you.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

Fnord wrote:
TW!ZTY!!

You know better than to use that kind of language!

It's "Honkies", not "Honkeys"!

:wink:

Whoops lol :mrgreen: :oops:

Crimadella
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2019, 12:37 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:

The fact that he wants to build a big wall to keep hispanics out of the country while calling them "murderers and rapists" shows that he has some sort of grudge again Latin Americans.

And he's a xenophobe and an isolationist.

Yet 30 percent of Latinos voted for him, showing the absurd "overreaction" of all the people who make such ridiculous statements.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2019, 12:39 pm

There are people who think Trump could do wrong, and is the best thing since sliced bread.

Why is this so?

Nobody has ever put any President, since maybe FDR, on such a pedestal.

Last edited by kraftiekortie on 25 Jun 2019, 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2019, 12:41 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
There are people who think Trump could do wrong, and is the best thing since sliced bread.

Why is this so?

Maybe because he was a celebrity? It's just like all the idiots who defended Bill Cosby when it was revealed he was a rapist.

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2019, 12:48 pm

Seriously, Americans think their Hollywood stars can do no evil.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2019, 12:54 pm

I will never trust ANYBODY who has a personality cult----especially if he is President. And especially if he seeks to transcend the Constitution.

Gerald Ford was the right man for the job at the right time; he didn't have a personality cult---but he had a sense of what was good for the country.

Ronald Reagan knew how to delegate. He knew there were others who were more expert in certain things than he was. He was the "Great Communicator" because people knew that he wouldn't overstep his bounds. And he wouldn't overstep the Constitution. There was sort of a "personality cult" around him----but it was because he knew his limits.

I was not a great fan of his; but I knew why people liked him.