Page 7 of 7 [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2019, 10:53 pm

The point being - a really salient antisocial pd streak in NT life is doing everything you can to kill you competitor and take their stuff for yourself. Add to that - lying through your teeth about claims to superiority, using anything you can instrumentalize to dominate the people or group of your choice, maximizing lies, hypocracy, doubling down every chance you get, all of that's part of the war paint and it prevents meddling things like reason from getting in the way. Some people in such groups may actually be that snowed and limbic for it to be honest, inplenty of cases its quite cynical and deliberate as far as I can tell. Its the beauty of the lunatic fringes of right and left unleashing Choronzon on us.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2019, 8:10 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Your friend generalizes too much...

I’m a “centrist” who leans towards the “left” in certain areas...but who also finds the trends towards “political correctness” rather troubling.

Why can’t people discuss politics without making assumptions?

I’ve been asking that question for years.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!