San Francisco is the result of full Democrat control

Page 1 of 4 [ 62 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2019, 4:44 pm

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2019, 6:16 am

nothing that neofascist says is credible.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2019, 7:07 am

The point is that SF, and many other places, need to take big measures to address the affordable housing situation.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2019, 7:29 am

the conservative solution [no solution at all] is to do away with rent controls and let the bloodsucking developers and landlords charge what they want- so more housing stock will eventually be built but nobody could afford to live in them then. the market be damned, the only time they will actually lower their rents to what working joes can afford, is when the heaven hand of gov't orders it.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2019, 7:31 am

Like most collapsed and collapsing big cities across the country, San Francisco has been in a Democrat death-grip for many decades. The last Republican mayor of San Francisco left office in 1964, more than half a century ago.

There Are Four Lights!

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2019, 8:35 am

A Republican would purge the city of these derelicts ?

Cut off the honey and the flies will leave?

Drake
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2019, 11:01 am

San Francisco is a literal s**thole that has gone full ret*d.

How does this not just get laughed out of the room as soon as it spoken? How do these weak sheep get into positions of power?

If demons were real they'd tell us not to demonise the demons by calling them demons.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2019, 1:01 pm

auntblabby wrote:
nothing that neofascist says is credible.

Not just a fascist, he's a neofascist! Carlson was the only mainstream voice to speak out against bombing Syria. Being against illegal immigration is just obvious.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2019, 2:29 pm

I think what people are forgetting is that a lot of the homeless in San Francisco are from other parts of the country. Basically, San Francisco treats them better, which is why they all come there.

I guess the conservative solution, then, would be to treat them worse.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2019, 3:35 pm

beneficii wrote:
I think what people are forgetting is that a lot of the homeless in San Francisco are from other parts of the country. Basically, San Francisco treats them better, which is why they all come there.

I guess the conservative solution, then, would be to treat them worse.

Housing prices growing loads faster than incomes are probably the #1 problem, though, with investment firms buying the few homes available. Even the very tech pros that are driving up the economy over there are accepting they may never be able to own a home.

We have failed to affirm housing as a basic human right.

I've been to SF before, it's a lovely town. But I think the poor and middle-class should be able to partake in the culture and climate there as well.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Drake
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2019, 6:42 pm

You don't have to treat them worse, but you can't be weak and soft either. Take these needles. I get it, give the druggies clean needles to use so they don't get infected. It will save lives. But they're taking the piss just dumping them in the streets and parks. They should have to bring back the used ones in order to trade them in for new clean ones. If they can take their drug riddled asses to wherever it is they get the needles, they can do that. If not, no needles for you. What a joke needing to have ten people on the taxpayer's dime working full time going through the streets exclusively to pick up needles because these drugheads don't give the slightest f**k about anyone but themselves. Don't give a f**k if some kid steps on their used needle and dies. So why should we care if they die? Scrape their dead bodies off the streets. You don't need 10 guys on the taxpayer's dime full time for that. Throw them in the back of a garbage truck, human garbage going in with the rest of the garbage.

I'm being harsher than I normally would be, but I kind of feel I have to, to compensate for this kind of weakness coming out of San Francisco. These druggies are criminals. Don't put the wants of criminals before the needs of law abiding, tax paying citizens.

RushKing
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2019, 7:29 pm

There is no control under capitalism. Party politics is futile.

Antrax
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2019, 7:48 pm

RushKing wrote:
There is no control under capitalism. Party politics is futile.

Landlords will set any price they want. Doesn't matter who's in office. San Fransisco has been and will continue to get gentrified.

Small correction. Landlords will set the highest price that still gets them tenants unless forced to do otherwise by rent control laws.

Tenants in San Francisco can pay a lot because there are a lot of high-paying jobs in San Francisco. Tenants in San Francisco will pay a lot, because there is not a lot of housing options in San Francisco.

VIDEODROME
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2019, 7:56 pm

Is this kind of an extreme form of gentrification? Or that San Francisco in some areas is having great success, but this adds pressure on the economy such as a higher cost of living that to many can't afford.

One has to question the impact on those who are not homeless, but employed and working hard while struggling to afford housing. Some are living in 'Pod' housing shares kind of the equivalent of a hostel. I think some of these people are even entry level tech workers.

Some might complain about the Left, but if a Democrat tried rent control or regulations these same people would throw a fit about it being an affront to the free market.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2019, 10:55 pm

Housing prices are driven by whatever the market will bear and housing is not a right.
If San Francisco is to expensive for you then you just can't live there. Housing out in the Central Valley is cheaper and you can at least visit Frisco from there. There are reasons why people are starting to flock FROM California and housing costs are one of them. Just about all of my relatives have left there and they don't miss what is has become.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2019, 11:41 pm

all the best places to live are just for the wealthy. the rest of us mere mortals must live where we can find something affordable. seattle and san fran are the places i'd choose to live, if i was financially talented.