Page 4 of 4 [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Twilightprincess
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 28 Sep 2016
Age: 36
Gender: Female
Posts: 5,353

28 Jan 2020, 10:01 am

pyrrhicwren wrote:
jimmy m wrote:
I like the book "The Skeptics' Guide to the Universe, How to know what's really real in a world increasingly full of fake." by Dr. Steven Novella. It is a good discussion on logic fallacies.


Fallacies are a great study. That book sounds interesting. I can recognize some of them in the day to day. (eg. strawman, the undistributed middle, reductio ad absurdum, etc)


My brother recommended that book to me. I haven't gotten around to it yet, but I've heard it's good.



pyrrhicwren
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Jan 2020
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,586

28 Jan 2020, 10:10 am

Twilightprincess wrote:
pyrrhicwren wrote:
jimmy m wrote:
I like the book "The Skeptics' Guide to the Universe, How to know what's really real in a world increasingly full of fake." by Dr. Steven Novella. It is a good discussion on logic fallacies.


Fallacies are a great study. That book sounds interesting. I can recognize some of them in the day to day. (eg. strawman, the undistributed middle, reductio ad absurdum, etc)


My brother recommended that book to me. I haven't gotten around to it yet, but I've heard it's good.


It sounds very interesting.


_________________
HFA/ASP, Synesthaesia, Tic Disorder


Erewhon
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

User avatar

Joined: 28 Oct 2016
Age: 1861
Gender: Male
Posts: 378
Location: Erewhon

07 Feb 2020, 2:34 am

Erewhon wrote:

Move 2 matches so that it is mathematically correct.
No matches may be laid flat on top of each other. The 2 matches to be moved may not be placed in the box, they must be placed so that they remain visible. The matches may not be broken. All the matches inside the box have to stay inside, no matches from the box have to be moved.



In the video the explanation and answer about the puzzle. The answer is at the end, so you can easely click. After the first matches is moved i think the most shall see the answer. And a peacefull logic-thinking song from Paul Simon.
A song that to much thinking is not positive.



Callisthenes
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

Joined: 15 Feb 2020
Age: 33
Gender: Male
Posts: 51

16 Feb 2020, 10:09 am

Logic serves the emotions. Logic can help you accomplish your goals but it cannot set your basic goals for you. The basic goals must come from the emotional part of you.



Erewhon
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

User avatar

Joined: 28 Oct 2016
Age: 1861
Gender: Male
Posts: 378
Location: Erewhon

17 Feb 2020, 8:28 am

"Is there a formula for love?"

The sub-title from the movie "X+Y" have a typical way of logic thinking.
There is a formula for love, i am sure about that. Problem is that i dont know that formula.
I think it easyer to solve the enigma-code like Turing did than find the formula for love. The formula for love have in every different situation a different formula.

Image



Erewhon
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

User avatar

Joined: 28 Oct 2016
Age: 1861
Gender: Male
Posts: 378
Location: Erewhon

06 Apr 2020, 10:52 am

From the class 'Logic for Beginners' by Drs J.G.M. Flapdrol.

"When the stairs stop you are upstairs"

Image



naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 26 Aug 2010
Age: 65
Gender: Male
Posts: 23,662
Location: temperate zone

06 Apr 2020, 4:35 pm

Erewhon wrote:
"Is there a formula for love?"

The sub-title from the movie "X+Y" have a typical way of logic thinking.
There is a formula for love, i am sure about that. Problem is that i dont know that formula.
I think it easyer to solve the enigma-code like Turing did than find the formula for love. The formula for love have in every different situation a different formula.

Image



Erewhon
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

User avatar

Joined: 28 Oct 2016
Age: 1861
Gender: Male
Posts: 378
Location: Erewhon

08 Apr 2020, 12:55 am

The formula for love i dont know.
The words in the book of love i dont know either.
The Power who did create that book i know.
That power is Evolution.
Evolution is not only the writer from the book of love.
Evolution is the writer of the book of Everything.
The principe of Evolution is pure Logic.
To understand ( and accept ) that principe of Evolution its very welcome for a human to think in a logical mindset.
Not accept something, pure you dont like it, is not very logical.

Image



naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 26 Aug 2010
Age: 65
Gender: Male
Posts: 23,662
Location: temperate zone

08 Apr 2020, 6:47 am

Erewhon wrote:
The formula for love i dont know.
The words in the book of love i dont know either.
The Power who did create that book i know.
That power is Evolution.


Image


Here it is. The very thing that youre looking for! "The formula of love". Revealed in this lecture by a scientific expert in the evolutionary roots of human behavior.



Erewhon
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

User avatar

Joined: 28 Oct 2016
Age: 1861
Gender: Male
Posts: 378
Location: Erewhon

27 May 2020, 8:39 am

"The more you cry, the less you have to pee"

Above is the translation of the Delft Blue Tile from below.

Is it Fanta-Logic or Rational-Logic :?:
For my mind its at least Funny-Logic.
If your tears fall from your eyes in your mouth its no Logic at all.

Image