Male rage and the words men use to describe Greta Thunberg

Page 5 of 9 [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2019, 6:45 pm

BDavro wrote:
She makes me feel very sad.

When we were 17 year old autistics, how did we act, what did we actually know?

I jjust want to kidnap her and hide her in a circus from her mad parents, I mean being 17 years old and hiding in a circus, that would be amazing.

Some people think she is an autistic savant.
I am not one of them. <shrug>

Quote:
Definition of autistic savant. : a person affected with autism who exhibits exceptional skill or brilliance in some limited field (such as mathematics or music) She is not just autistic but an autistic savant, meaning that she has unusual cognitive abilities, such as a photographic memory and excellent spatial skills.— https://www.google.com/search?client=fi ... D1Bn6SxU1Y

Personally, I believe she suffers from "Illusory Superiority".
Quote:
In the field of social psychology, illusory superiority is a condition of cognitive bias wherein a person overestimates their own qualities and abilities, in relation to the same qualities and abilities of other persons. https://www.google.com/search?client=fi ... uperiority

Personally, I believe some people are exploiting aspects of autism for their own political agenda.

shlaifu
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2019, 6:57 pm

Pepe wrote:
BDavro wrote:
She makes me feel very sad.

When we were 17 year old autistics, how did we act, what did we actually know?

I jjust want to kidnap her and hide her in a circus from her mad parents, I mean being 17 years old and hiding in a circus, that would be amazing.

Some people think she is an autistic savant.
I am not one of them. <shrug>

Quote:
Definition of autistic savant. : a person affected with autism who exhibits exceptional skill or brilliance in some limited field (such as mathematics or music) She is not just autistic but an autistic savant, meaning that she has unusual cognitive abilities, such as a photographic memory and excellent spatial skills.— https://www.google.com/search?client=fi ... D1Bn6SxU1Y

Personally, I believe she suffers from "Illusory Superiority".
Quote:
In the field of social psychology, illusory superiority is a condition of cognitive bias wherein a person overestimates their own qualities and abilities, in relation to the same qualities and abilities of other persons. https://www.google.com/search?client=fi ... uperiority

Personally, I believe some people are exploiting aspects of autism for their own political agenda.

I think she's acting on the information available to her... With the naivety of a teenage girl and the stubborn conviction of an autistic person.
Turns out, that makes for a great media spectacle as well.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2019, 7:08 pm

Pepe wrote:
aghogday wrote:
Anyone who cannot See the more
Than Obvious Fact That ‘Ms.
Greta’ Has A Mind of her
Own and Free Agency
Beyond the imagination
Actually put into action
More than online Forum
Dwellers as that goes too;
Surely hasn’t Come Close
To Dancing With ‘the Devil
Yet’... Ha! Students
Mistook me for ‘the
Teacher’ at 17
Too; Not all Human
Neurological Conditions
Are The Same And Or Depth
Of Passionate Compassion
For the ‘little’ things in life;
Such as Literal Life Now;
Love to see anyone Square
Off With Her man to real
Woman here that would
Truly be Amusing; haha.

So you as a 17 year old were smarter than you are now?
Yeah, I can see it. :mrgreen:

You seem to be missing something/k.
Where does Greta get her information to make her "informed" judgements/opinions?
Has she studied meteorology?
Is she a qualified astronomer?
Is she a certified oceanologist?
Does she work at NASA?
Is she aware of political intrigues?
Has she been chased off the cliff by David Attenborough?
Does she pull the truth out of her nostrils?
Does she have a divine cyber-link with the Lord?

She is not the Messiah.
She is a very anxious girl. :mrgreen:

Seriously, dude.
Seriously. <exasperation> :wink:

https://youtu.be/3_kKAeh6qyc

It's this Simple; attack what's Ms Greta says; not who she is; a common rule here too.

You've offered no examples of anything she has said that is not credible; and or with any credible source to back it up.

Her information is coming from Science... hehe errr.. your information is coming out of your opinion.

THere is A Difference... and you are surely entitled to Your Opinion too; i enjoy Hearing opinions;
They are fascinating; either true or false and fiction too.

Once Again 'Class': Science.

The Overwhelming Consensus among the Scientific
Community is that Climate Change is Real and there
is a 6th Extinction Well underway, impacted by Humans too; with 200 new species
Going extinct every day. That's science; not something out of someone's opinion.

If you like; go debate the Scientists. If You like; Debate your opinion on Your Judgement of another Person's Fitness.

I was mistaken for a Teacher for my Looks at School; i had a Beard at a Young Age; and reached my Full Adult Height at a Young Age. And i also Dressed like a Big Time Nerd; Sheldon Cooper Through and through; but more formal; haha.

But i did graduate close to the top of the Class through 3 Degrees; But Book Learning is about as Useful as a Degree
for about Half of College Graduates who are still Living at Home with their better-off Parents. True that is 'Climate
Change' too; as increasingly Machines are ruling Jobs; another topic though; sooner or later Humans will not be
A problem; just a blip on Nature's radar screen; Meanwhile, some folks give a crap and some folks do not.

Go figure; some folks care; some folks do not; never the less, Ms. Greta is making a Difference in the Real World now;
what does a Forum do but pass time; smiles, just something i do to rest my feet out of the 'Real World' now, too;
really making a difference; really making folks happy in the Real World; not just arguing the Mental
Fitness or what not of someone who is respected by respectable people in the World. There
are definitely reams of evidence on that; everywhere in the News Where Human beings who
Respect Truth rule.

And then there are the Trump Followers, who attempt to be a nemesis to Ms. Greta and or people who respect
their Living Home the Earth; like they have any credibility left at all for their ill-informed opinions; 12,000 Lies
and Still counting.

Smiles my Friend, i Kill time everyday; but i enjoy every second of it to the hilt in more colors than you could possibly imagine; how do i know; you tell me so. i think that is truly sad; but that is only my opinion; your will is yours.
(Colors are emotions for metaphor here; unlimited Colors as Far as a Flesh and Blood Soul within will paint them new)

i would have traded away every ounce of those Straight A's for just an Hour where i am now; if that provides a clue.

Standard IQ, i am not impressed with; but never the Less, i've been told its off the Charts;
And i do not care no matter What the IQ testers say; that's far below my Pay Grade now of Love.

Haha; one cannot even Test Original "Intelligence"; there is nothing to compare it too; hehe; i believe there is a song about that too; not unlike Colors that Few Humans have experienced too; some days 200 New colors in a Day;
or 7 Thousand or So as Every Word is painted Different from Within a Dance That Never Ends A Song that is always new;

To each Her and or HiS owN or and Free. It Appears that Ms. Greta is Sailing Across the Ocean with exciting Days for Her;
For Her Personal Climate Change to continue Her Growth as a Human Being; testifying before the UN is no small
Feat for any Person Being Human; and that's what i mean by Squaring off with Her; Real Woman to Man. Who
could Possibly have the Kahuna's to do that here; i'll give you one guess; hehe; make it real and true, if you like.

Dude; i lived in a place very close to where you live now; but it's true i believed in Science then and now
at least for what is Observable and Repeatable Phenomenon that the Scientific Method Will Measure now.

i do not fit that paradigm; haha; go figure; i'm Human with Emotions That are Not Repeatable and Measurable
outside of me.

And all of that is okay; just glad for me i'm so far away from 'the other' 'dead place' i see now.

Couldn't See it before; as i lost all Reference Points of Memory for anything newer than A Ground Hog Day of same then;
Still as Smart as Ever for standard IQ Measure; but just dead inside; just A Ghost of what i was as Human and Human to
be Walking the Earth Again; just Dead Alive Within then for my Perspective Colored by Now.

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

BDavro
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2019, 7:14 pm

We think she is a creation of her parents to make money.

She is saying nothing new, she only tells us what we already know but in a sweet young girl package.

It is not her message, we are not attacking it.

Why is she targetting europe and the usa and ignoring asia and africa?

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2019, 7:23 pm

And by the way; Far beyond any Scientific Facts, the way she is changing the World is through the Courage of Her Heart; otherwise, felt as Passion that moves Humans for Change. This is how the Human World Works; And Science Shows this is true too; Ignore the Truth or Use it to whatever Advantage you like; Never the Less, Emotions Rule Human Change and they always will First; or in Cognitive Executive Functioning Disarray last; no Matter What will be as Willing Servant Rather than Slave, the Neo-Cortex has for words to offer up excuses for why we do what we do. Haha; i don't have to even be right for i am intrinsically Happy; although since i am not ruled by less or more; i usually come out on the Sunny Side of the Egg; hehe.

BDavro
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2019, 7:28 pm

I don't know about the neo-cortex, but when you mention sunny side eggs all I could think about was eating a fried egg roll with brown sauce.

GonHunter
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

09 Oct 2019, 7:30 pm

They really are idiots. There are videos out there of youtubers that say "she's an autistic girl", then they're screaming at her.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2019, 11:07 pm

BDavro wrote:
I don't know about the neo-cortex, but when you mention sunny side eggs all I could think about was eating a fried egg roll with brown sauce.

Smiles; what i mean by Sunny Side Up of the Egg is some folks are a bit Deficient in Serotonin; the 'Jordan Peterson'
Lobster Pose Phenomenon; as far as Human Confidence goes in feeling Lower or Higher than others.

Basically, Folks with Low Levels of Serotonin are More Anxious and more easily fall to depression too.

It's a common Phenomenon for Folks to Flock to Online Discussion Groups to Pick a Side to try to win
an Argument to Boost their subjective Feelings of rising up in a Competition of Life to increase their Levels
of Serotonin; thereby, reducing anxiety and feeling really confident inside their own skin; chances are they
may even Naturally Improve their Posture like a Jordan Peterson Lobster Pose, too.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner, Obama, gave Greta Thunberg a Fist Bump Not too long ago; where she lives
he is considered a Man of High Status for Respect; therefore, Her Serotonin goes way up; not only then
but when she Stares Mr. Trump Down with a Lobster Pose of her own. She is living pretty high
on the Serotonin; however, for Males low on Serotonin the fact that she is a female and
Seen as Physically Weaker at least; brings an opportunity to attempt to bring her down
in online Worlds Far away from Face to Face to boost their feelings of Self-Worth; one
sees this Human one-upmanship all through Work And School As Folks Jockey for Position
on the Social Ladder to move ahead for Promotions and other School and Work Rewards.

The Great thing About being Financially Independent and Not Having to work for Pay;
is one will establish their own contingencies for boosting Serotonin and really Blast away
in continuous Autotelic Flow Confidence with comfort in one's own skin; day and night; day and night.

For instance, Normally most ALL dudes where i live wouldn't dance in Public; as someone might call a graceful Dance
By a Dude Gay; and where i live in Trump Town; that in itself will Prevent you from getting a raise; a promotion;
or even a Job at all; as after all when Gay Folks got a right to get married; the Catholic Priest at my Church intimated
that Obama and his Administration made this a Country the Church could no longer Recognize as America; oh the
Homophobic Audacity, where Priests are Assessed as up to 58 Percent Gay in Demographic; not counting the other
Priests that are truly dark in Pedophile Propensity; along with Cover-up Bishops too in darkest way of Human
Nature; Trump Style in Church; if you will; But as 'they' Say 'those' who protest loudly may be what 'they' protest now.

So, not having to work i embarked on a 12,053 Mile Journey of Public Dance and in just a little over a Year into that
73 Month Journey i became Wildly Famous as noted by the Public Audience and Named as Legend too; really
just because i am the only one to do it in the South East at least as far as Biloxi, MS; and Tallahassee, FL;
Across the Gulf Coast; True, i've been recognized in Biloxi by Folks who Live over a Hundred Miles away in
Pensacola; and as far as Niceville, in Pensacola too; in the Panhandle of Florida; where my dance rules; haha.

The Grace and Balance of the Dance that many miles has made me incredibly Strong and Agile; one can
see the Progression as i really moved from rather uncoordinated to something more like a Silver-Back
Gorilla at a Solid 240 American Pounds of Muscle; 1520 LBS Max Leg Pressing Power, 8 reps too.

In other words, when i get in to a discussion online there is nothing to boost up or down; it stays
pegged at good for everything i do; as far as the Great Feelings within of life; often referred to Nirvana
and Bliss, which is just another way of Saying the Kingdom of Heaven within; Autotelic Flow of being now.

Of course Ms. Greta gets a bit anxious, in new environments; but on the other Hand she takes that
Anxiety and creates an impassioned speech that folks remember; Reminds me of the Last Dictator
Speech by Charlie Chaplin; it's not so much what the Message is in Politics; but how it is delivered.

Make no mistake, in effect Ms. Greta is acting as Activist and Politician too; albeit unofficially like
Martin Luther King did without being High Up in Real Politics either; but it's true the passion of the
Communication is what made the change; And what people really like about Ms. Greta is she always tells
the Truth; to see someone in the Public Arena telling the Truth always is truly a Breath of Fresh Air today.

We used to be able to Respect the President of the United States; for now; those days are dust; for anyone
who respects Character, Integrity, and Honor now. If she was older; perhaps she could fix that situation too;
Meanwhile, let her travel one Ocean in a Month before she is sent to Africa And Asia too. A Couple of
Continents should do for now, hehe; at least until she turns 18 Years-Old; She Can Run for 'President
of the World' when 'they' get all the Globalist Stuff figured out in a Few Decades too; for it is true; it's harder
and harder now to find any quality Candidates on either Side of the Aisle now; i don't care much for Joe
Biden; and it's really Hard to find someone who is Charismatic; Honest; and who is well acquainted
with their Shadow for having a Back Bone too. Obama was quite an enigma, overall in that respect.

The World can use more Enigmas; and it is Wealth to the Condition of Autism that the World of
Respectable and Honest People View Her as an Enigma now; sure, Beats the Condition of
Asperger's Being attributed to Mass killers; as that is surely not the Asperger's Syndrome
that i am familiar with that is Strong on Empathy and Honesty too. In other Words,
those folks who rarely even kill a fly or an ant; and pick up Turtles when they cross the road.

Those aren't the kind of folks who Mass Murder; those are the Folks who Save the Planet;
even if it is only a Turtle crossing a Busy Highway; Those Folks with Empathy for Nature get all
my Respect; Folks that Torture Animals and Call Underage Woman Names; not that much; not that much at all;

But Again, i understand the Human Condition; i understand their Weakness; i pity them; and hope they rise up too
with more constructive means than bringing other folks down; that is surely a weakest way of Being Human for sure.

Male Rage is always a sign of Inner Weakness; Take A Highly Decorated Combat Warrior; as nice and calm a Dude
you'd ever meet; someone who respects life too; as they have seen close friends of every persuasion bleed the same color.

There doesn't seem to be many of the 'real ones' that still exist; but it's true i've met a few; you never forget them; they are truly someone to look up to; and be like too; Minus the Combat; not much into killing anything myself.

Here's A Current 'Lobster Pose' Celebration 12,000 Miles of Public Dance;
Some of the Good Old 'Farm Boys' Tried to mess with me in Public a Bit when i first started
back at around 210 Pounds; It's safe to say very rarely does anyone cross that path at 240 as i've become quite a Martial Artist; true though, Bruce Lee did Ballet; but only Leg Pressed 300 Pounds; Multiply that by five and it's not hard to imagine that result with smiles; in other Words, when i do come across 'tough guys' online without a face; i'm rarely impressed. And i am surely Strong enough to Stand up for a 16 Year-Old Young Woman who is truly making the World a Better place.

https://katiemiafrederick.files.wordpre ... 0688_o.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8HdOHrc3OQ

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2019, 3:31 pm

SaveFerris wrote:
I'll just leave this here :twisted:

This is the correct expression when approached by a native American

not this

Personally both of those kids would be me uncomfortable if they approached me, just for different reasons.
(Although I can only speak for one First Nations person.)

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2019, 1:20 am

aghogday wrote:
It's this Simple; attack what's Ms Greta says; not who she is; a common rule here too.

Why should I listen to Greta?
It makes much more sense to listen to a former Vice President (or is that President of Vice?), Al Gore.
He has, after all, much better connections and has much more life wisdom putting him in a better position to appreciate the finer details of life, the universe and everything.

I'd rather listen to his prediction of the incredible man-made destructive effect CO2 emissions will do in 12 years time.

In 2009, Al Gore Al warned there was a 75% chance that “the entire North ‘polarized’ cap will disappear in 5 to 7 years.”
75% chance sounded pretty scary and pretty certain at the time. 8O
Quote:
Former Vice President Al Gore references computer modeling to suggest that the north polar ice cap may lose virtually all of its ice within the next seven years. "Some of the models suggest that there is a 75 percent chance that the entire north polar ice cap, during some of the summer months, could be completely ice-free within the next five to seven years," says Gore.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... sioIw4bvzI

https://youtu.be/MsioIw4bvzI
Boy is his face red. :mrgreen:

And where would all those polar bears go?
Doesn't matter, really, since they would all be extinct anyway.

Oh, wait!
Quote:
The 2018 State of the Polar Bear report, published today by the Global Warming Policy Foundation, confirms that polar bears are continuing to thrive, despite recent reductions in sea ice levels. This finding contradicts claims by environmentalists and some scientists that falls in sea ice would wipe out bear populations. https://www.thegwpf.org/new-report-pola ... to-thrive/

OK, OK,
Bad examples.
I'll try again.

Tim Flannery predicted the dams in Australia would never fill up again since there would be insufficient rain.

Quote:
Professional climate alarmist Tim Flannery first became famous for his dud predictions after predicting cities such as Brisbane and Sydney were likely to run out of water very quickly because of man-made global warming.

For instance, in 2007 he predicted:

So even the rain that falls isn't actually going to fill our dams and our river systems...
https://www.heraldsun.com.au/blogs/andr ... 67b8b7a017

https://youtu.be/wM_C_-2MGWU

Doing massive replies to massive emails is out of my comfort zone so I'll cut it short here.

The bottom line is, there have been so many BS predictions that the credibility of these "chicken littles" is in a sad state of affairs.
I'd rather listen to the kid "who cried wolf" instead.
Or maybe stop listening altogether. :mrgreen:

I'll probably have another crack at the rest of your post down the line. :wink:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2019, 1:32 am

BDavro wrote:
Why is she targetting europe and the usa and ignoring asia and africa?

Don't be ridiculous.
Why on earth would she go to China?
The single biggest emitter of plant food in the world.

You are so, so funny. :mrgreen: <irony + facetiousness>

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2019, 11:15 pm

Pepe wrote:
aghogday wrote:

Why should I listen to Greta?
It makes much more sense to listen to a former Vice President (or is that President of Vice?), Al Gore.
He has, after all, much better connections and has much more life wisdom putting him in a better position to appreciate the finer details of life, the universe and everything.

I'd rather listen to his prediction of the incredible man-made destructive effect CO2 emissions will do in 12 years time.

In 2009, Al Gore Al warned there was a 75% chance that “the entire North ‘polarized’ cap will disappear in 5 to 7 years.”
75% chance sounded pretty scary and pretty certain at the time. 8O
Quote:
Former Vice President Al Gore references computer modeling to suggest that the north polar ice cap may lose virtually all of its ice within the next seven years. "Some of the models suggest that there is a 75 percent chance that the entire north polar ice cap, during some of the summer months, could be completely ice-free within the next five to seven years," says Gore.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... sioIw4bvzI

https://youtu.be/MsioIw4bvzI
Boy is his face red. :mrgreen:

And where would all those polar bears go?
Doesn't matter, really, since they would all be extinct anyway.

Oh, wait!
Quote:
The 2018 State of the Polar Bear report, published today by the Global Warming Policy Foundation, confirms that polar bears are continuing to thrive, despite recent reductions in sea ice levels. This finding contradicts claims by environmentalists and some scientists that falls in sea ice would wipe out bear populations. https://www.thegwpf.org/new-report-pola ... to-thrive/

OK, OK,
Bad examples.
I'll try again.

Tim Flannery predicted the dams in Australia would never fill up again since there would be insufficient rain.

Quote:
Professional climate alarmist Tim Flannery first became famous for his dud predictions after predicting cities such as Brisbane and Sydney were likely to run out of water very quickly because of man-made global warming.

For instance, in 2007 he predicted:

So even the rain that falls isn't actually going to fill our dams and our river systems...
https://www.heraldsun.com.au/blogs/andr ... 67b8b7a017

https://youtu.be/wM_C_-2MGWU

Doing massive replies to massive emails is out of my comfort zone so I'll cut it short here.

The bottom line is, there have been so many BS predictions that the credibility of these "chicken littles" is in a sad state of affairs.
I'd rather listen to the kid "who cried wolf" instead.
Or maybe stop listening altogether. :mrgreen:

I'll probably have another crack at the rest of your post down the line. :wink:

In this Case One Loud Greta Voice of Truth
Cancels out
One Loud Voice of Trump Lies.

In Other Words, at least she has good intentions;
And is Just repeating Scientific Consensus. That's amazing these days all by itself..;)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2019, 8:02 pm

aghogday wrote:

In Other Words, at least she has good intentions;
And is Just repeating Scientific Consensus. That's amazing these days all by itself..;)

"The road to hell is paved with" something-or-other. :scratch:

You do realise that "consensus" is not what it is cracked up to be, right?
Are you aware that "scholarly" papers/studies which are peer-reviewed are often hampered by political bias?
The number of times I have come across the disclosure by academics saying they needed to favour a certain view to even get a guernsey is, well, quite a number indeed. 8O

In a previous thread, I pointed out how flawed the peer-review system actually is.
I suggest you get your big handsome head, full of brain cells, around that buddy boy. :mrgreen:

BTW, Many who joined the "consensus bandwagon" weren't even qualified to give an opinion. <EEP!>

In addition to this:
There are qualified critical thinkers out there who disagree with "the consensus".

By-the-way, what is the consensus anyway?
I have yet to find anyone brave or cluey enough to definitively, err, define what "the consensus" position is.
Would you like to take a crack at it?
Please? :mrgreen:

P.S.
I muchly appreciated your short reply. <big wet kiss> :mrgreen:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2019, 8:50 pm

aghogday wrote:
It's a common Phenomenon for Folks to Flock to Online Discussion Groups to Pick a Side to try to win
an Argument to Boost their subjective Feelings of rising up in a Competition of Life to increase their Levels
of Serotonin; thereby, reducing anxiety and feeling really confident inside their own skin; chances are they
may even Naturally Improve their Posture like a Jordan Peterson Lobster Pose, too.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner, Obama, gave Greta Thunberg a Fist Bump Not too long ago; where she lives
he is considered a Man of High Status for Respect; therefore, Her Serotonin goes way up; not only then
but when she Stares Mr. Trump Down with a Lobster Pose of her own. She is living pretty high
on the Serotonin; however, for Males low on Serotonin the fact that she is a female and
Seen as Physically Weaker at least; brings an opportunity to attempt to bring her down
in online Worlds Far away from Face to Face to boost their feelings of Self-Worth; one
sees this Human one-upmanship all through Work And School As Folks Jockey for Position
on the Social Ladder to move ahead for Promotions and other School and Work Rewards.

Nice to see you to can think rationally when you set your mind to it. :P :mrgreen:

Quote:
So, not having to work i embarked on a 12,053 Mile Journey of Public Dance and in just a little over a Year into that
73 Month Journey i became Wildly Famous as noted by the Public Audience and Named as Legend too; really
just because i am the only one to do it in the South East at least as far as Biloxi, MS; and Tallahassee, FL;
Across the Gulf Coast; True, i've been recognized in Biloxi by Folks who Live over a Hundred Miles away in
Pensacola; and as far as Niceville, in Pensacola too; in the Panhandle of Florida; where my dance rules; haha.

Do you crave attention?

Quote:
The Grace and Balance of the Dance that many miles has made me incredibly Strong and Agile; one can
see the Progression as i really moved from rather uncoordinated to something more like a Silver-Back
Gorilla at a Solid 240 American Pounds of Muscle; 1520 LBS Max Leg Pressing Power, 8 reps too.

Are you boasting or simply sharing? :wink:

Quote:
In other words, when i get in to a discussion online there is nothing to boost up or down; it stays
pegged at good for everything i do; as far as the Great Feelings within of life; often referred to Nirvana
and Bliss, which is just another way of Saying the Kingdom of Heaven within; Autotelic Flow of being now.

I have a theory:
You have gone through physical/emotional pain that no one should ever have had to go through.
This changes people,
And when they find relief,
It can change their entire outlook on life, the universe and everything/k.

Good for you.
What works to you, err, works for you. :wink:
I have seen the exact same thing happen to a friend of mine.

Quote:
Of course Ms. Greta gets a bit anxious, in new environments; but on the other Hand she takes that
Anxiety and creates an impassioned speech that folks remember; Reminds me of the Last Dictator
Speech by Charlie Chaplin; it's not so much what the Message is in Politics; but how it is delivered.

She has definitely left an impression on me,
But not a good one.
While I am not attacking the 16-year-old girl,
I see her performance as hysterical (in both senses of the word) over information that is extremely flawed.

I would like to reassure Greta that she will not be extinct in 12 years time if CO2 emissions are not reduced to the unreasonable levels she is demanding. <comfort>

Quote:
Make no mistake, in effect Ms. Greta is acting as Activist and Politician too; albeit unofficially like
Martin Luther King did without being High Up in Real Politics either; but it's true the passion of the
Communication is what made the change; And what people really like about Ms. Greta is she always tells
the Truth; to see someone in the Public Arena telling the Truth always is truly a Breath of Fresh Air today.

Firstly:
Not everyone venerates/worships undisciplined "Passion".
Passion without reason/rationality is simply food for the proletariat.
Her belief in a 12-year deadline is far from a rational position, imo.

Secondly:
Greta tells what she believes to be the truth.
I concur.
That is a good start but without mature metacognition, she is more likely to be suffering from "Illusory Superiority".

Simply believing one knows the truth doesn't make it so.
One must first be in a position to know one's abilities and limitations.
This comes through life experience.
Life experiences tend to produce wisdom.
There is no substitute for "experience" that I am aware of.

Trust me.
I am the Oracle of Truth after all. :wink:

Well, that's it!
"No soup for you!" :mrgreen:
What I mean to say is that this is all the cerebral energy I am prepared to give to your long post.
Consider yourself blessed to be receiving this much divine enlightenment. :mrgreen:

Cheers Cobber. :wink:

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2019, 10:17 pm

Pepe wrote:
By-the-way, what is the consensus anyway?
I have yet to find anyone brave or cluey enough to definitively, err, define what "the consensus" position is.
Would you like to take a crack at it?
Please? :mrgreen:

That's the genius of taking action on 'climate change'. I've said it before and I'll say it again and again and again: 'Climate change' is the most perfect vehicle for controlling all aspects of people's lives on a global scale that has been or probably ever will be devised. It's perfect because it's nebulous, it's ever changing and therefore forever in need of modification. Implement rules X, Y and Z to limit, change, prevent or punish behaviors A, B and C. That didn't work? Implement additional rules E, J, R to further limit, change, prevent or punish behaviors of the masses. That didn't work? No matter: Implement additional rules.......... Never questioned. Always right and always with an urgency that will never go away. It's behavior modification and control in perpetuity. I can not believe that I'm the only person that sees the potential danger in this.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2019, 10:30 pm

When I was in my 20's I had all kinds of fear and anxiety about the world ending. People didn't know how to help me because they knew reassurance wouldn't really help when even they weren't positive things would turn out okay, or they'd tell me I was being foolish and blowing everything out of proportion, like my mom when hurricane Juan hit Halifax, Nova Scotia, and I was afraid of a major hurricane hitting us here in Sydney, Nova Scotia. And that wasn't long after 9/11.

Now I can't buy anything made of plastic without feeling guilty, even if it's something I intend to keep for many years like toys or furniture. I'm sure the REUSABLE bags and food containers I own are plastic too, but eventually they wear out with use and get thrown away anyhow. You can't win.

I wonder how these men would act if it was an adult man instead? They'd probably still be horrible. Human beings always find an excuse to be horrible.