Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Oct 2019, 8:18 am

In China they have the One Child law...

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2019, 8:28 am

For excellent reasons: their population is almost five times the US's. About 1.4 billion (for China) vs. about 350 million (for the US).

DoTheTw1zt
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Oct 2019, 8:32 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
For excellent reasons: their population is almost five times the US's. About 1.4-1.5 billion (for China) vs. about 350 million (for the US).

So they have a good reason for doing it, even if the law seems cruel and inhumane by our standards.

I think it's nice that the younger generation of Americans are choosing to have less kids without a law being passed to force them to do it.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2019, 8:34 am

There's really a very low rate of population growth in the United States.

DoTheTw1zt
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Oct 2019, 8:38 am

I think it's probably a good thing. There's way too many people in the world.

My crazy aunt once told me she "loved war" because it "cuts down the human population".

I so badly wanted to tell her "So does birth control!", especially because this was a woman who got knocked up 7 times since she was 15 and never bothered to take care of her own children. :roll:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2019, 8:40 am

Your "crazy aunt" might have read a little too much Thomas Malthus.....

DoTheTw1zt
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Oct 2019, 8:45 am

kraftiekortie wrote:

I dunno about that.

But to put it bluntly, she's a narcissist. She once told my mom that she slept with my dad at my other aunt's funeral (the one who was murdered), which is why my mom divorced him.

She's also a Trump supporter who buys into his racist views against hispanics and black people, even though she claims she herself is not racist because she once dated a black man. I would not be surprised at all if she were a climate change denier too...

Last edited by DoTheTw1zt on 16 Oct 2019, 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2019, 8:54 am

She really doesn't sound all that cool....

DoTheTw1zt
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Oct 2019, 9:05 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
She really doesn't sound all that cool....

Most of my mom's family is like that. She was subjected to a lot of abuse growing up.

I've got family issues up to here. Lol

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2019, 9:56 am

DoTheTw1zt wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

I dunno about that.

But to put it bluntly, she's a narcissistic slut. She once told my mom that she slept with my dad at my other aunt's funeral (the one who was murdered), which is why my mom divorced him.

She's also a Trump supporter who buys into his racist views against hispanics and black people, even though she claims she herself is not racist because she once dated a black man. I would not be surprised at all if she were a climate change denier too...

^ Don't call women "sluts," please.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

DoTheTw1zt
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Oct 2019, 9:59 am

XFilesGeek wrote:
DoTheTw1zt wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

I dunno about that.

But to put it bluntly, she's a narcissistic slut. She once told my mom that she slept with my dad at my other aunt's funeral (the one who was murdered), which is why my mom divorced him.

^ Don't call women "sluts," please.

I apologize, I didn't mean to offend women. But that was the only word I can think of to describe my aunt. :|

Edit: I won't use that word anymore, instead I'll just refer to her as a narcissist. Because that is exactly what she us.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2019, 3:59 pm

DoTheTw1zt wrote:

Had

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2019, 4:00 pm

Pepe wrote:
aghogday wrote:

In Other Words, at least she has good intentions;
And is Just repeating Scientific Consensus. That's amazing these days all by itself..;)

"The road to hell is paved with" something-or-other. :scratch:

You do realise that "consensus" is not what it is cracked up to be, right?
Are you aware that "scholarly" papers/studies which are peer-reviewed are often hampered by political bias?
The number of times I have come across the disclosure by academics saying they needed to favour a certain view to even get a guernsey is, well, quite a number indeed. 8O

In a previous thread, I pointed out how flawed the peer-review system actually is.
I suggest you get your big handsome head, full of brain cells, around that buddy boy. :mrgreen:

BTW, Many who joined the "consensus bandwagon" weren't even qualified to give an opinion. <EEP!>

In addition to this:
There are qualified critical thinkers out there who disagree with "the consensus".

By-the-way, what is the consensus anyway?
I have yet to find anyone brave or cluey enough to definitively, err, define what "the consensus" position is.
Would you like to take a crack at it?
Please? :mrgreen:

P.S.
I muchly appreciated your short reply. <big wet kiss> :mrgreen:

Sorry, it took so long for me to get back; been saving the World as i and
everyone should always do; if it only means saving our own BuTT heHe.

Hey, Science is limited if anyone proves that i do.

It's just nice to see someone genuine telling the Truth for CHANGE
as at Least Ms. Greta isn't so Flawed in Trump Style BS this way...

i rather enjoy July's that last into October; but i have Nostalgia
For Hot Chocolate; Perhaps now that the Weather is finally dropping
in Temperatures out of the mid-80's today; 10.16.19; my desire will be fulfilled; hehe;

We need more Asperger's Folks in the World to tell the Truth.

Science is so dam Flawed, it ain't even funny; Jesus F in Christ
it says i can't possibly get stronger as i approach 60 years-old;
but i refute Science, Every Day, per the Averages, in Believing and putting my Words into Actions that make
Effective Results; Science does though suggest that the More We Visualize Ourselves Getting Stronger the
More We actually do; i do plentiful Selfies in every way from Head to toe; and am actually a 'Hot' Topic
Search Result still now as i am almost ready for the Senior Citizen Discount at the Local Buffet's hehe;
the Bootie Dances are Still coming from Beautiful Women at the Bar; Life is Good and Science is 'Behind' on me..;)

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

DoTheTw1zt
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Oct 2019, 4:18 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
DoTheTw1zt wrote:

Had

I thought they still had it? My bad. :shrug:

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2019, 4:26 pm

DoTheTw1zt wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
DoTheTw1zt wrote:

Had

No China has entered a new era of choice. Two child policy so that no more fat little meatball kids grow up alone and so that China doesn't rear a new generation of incels resulting from having 1.3 boys per girl. Mandating a second child means much more choice for families, as long as their choice is to have two children, no more, no less. :mrgreen:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

DoTheTw1zt
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Oct 2019, 4:33 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
DoTheTw1zt wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
DoTheTw1zt wrote:

Had

No China has entered a new era of choice. Two child policy so that no more fat little meatball kids grow up alone and so that China doesn't rear a new generation of incels resulting from having 1.3 boys per girl. Mandating a second child means much more choice for families, as long as their choice is to have two children, no more, no less. :mrgreen:

Sounds like the ideal American family in the 1950's. The Daddy and Mommy with the two kids being a brother and sister, a cat and a dog, and a white picket fence. :lol: