Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2019, 6:43 pm

Celibacy ensures:

No Alimony
No Child-Support
No Divorce
No STDs

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2019, 7:15 pm

Fnord wrote:
Celibacy ensures:

No Alimony
No Child-Support
No Divorce
No STDs

And the big one, for me, is no need to damage my personal freedoms...
No need to compromise...
And no unnecessary depletion of my finances...
(Cynical through experience...)

In addition, the sex industry in Australia is legalised, so if there is a physical urge to dilly dally, there is no need to engage in a significant other nonsense...erm...I meant to say relationship...
<Sheldon Lee Cooper mode activated>
"That's a lie"...
I stand firm on calling it: "nonsense"... :mrgreen:

Crimadella
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2019, 7:17 pm

I've seen alot of information on this subject. Some of the stronger possible theories link it to success rates droping amount males and feeling left behind due to the culture war, particularly from extreme feminists and the far left demonizing masculinity as well as the price of education and exploitation of students with student loans and the lowering of education standards. Not everywhere, but in many places students are being taught incorrect information and teaches are being restricted from teaching studies and factual information because of the few students who may get offended and call for an attack on the teacher with a bunch of people trying to take over a college or university by grouping toget her and demanding a teacher be fired because at least one out of 300 students get offended by factual information. Once again, this isn't everywhere but it exists enough to make an impact. All these issues together are contributing to males have less sex and relationships. I've seen studies that show females are not being as effected, they can typically go for older, more successful men while women on average tend to not desire to date a 30 year old man whom still lives with his parents, on average a man with a good courier are less judgemental to females living with parents. Of course it doesn't count for everyone, people are individuals, but biology tends to favor males beings more successful and being providers, that seems to strongly affect the outcomes, also it has been shown that less males are getting college degrees while more females are obtaining degrees. These seem to be the theories that make the most sense, considering that younger people are becoming less successful and obtaining more degrees that are basically useless. To add to it I think about the last two generations have been over protected and on average handle stress much poorer, less likely to conquer challenges, require safe spaces due to over protection while being raised and have a lack of skills "dealing with it". This is very possibly the main root behind the culture war. That's what I have gathered from watching many people including some professionals and studies. Makes sense to me.

Crimadella
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2019, 7:30 pm

As one little example of how ridiculous the extremely sheltered kids in college these days, I remember hearing a report within the last few months of a woman dropping out of college because she couldn't handle seeing sauce being put on food in the cafeteria. Sounds rather ridiculous but is a real article.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2019, 7:36 pm

Crimadella wrote:
As one little example of how ridiculous the extremely sheltered kids in college these days, I remember hearing a report within the last few months of a woman dropping out of college because she couldn't handle seeing sauce being put on food in the cafeteria. Sounds rather ridiculous but is a real article.

Sounds more like an excuse for not coping or a mental disorder...<shrug>

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2019, 7:53 pm

I've seen this article posted and discussed in a lot of places.

Yeah it's partly culture war, partly men's inability to unevenly out-earn women substantially and thus gain their respect, partly how court tends to work in divorce, but I'd also add that so much of what men are being asked to be seems to switch women off. Even with looks if you aren't showing behavior that flips on arousal patterns you won't be able to spin up a proper erotic hook.

This might sound strange but there's a Giordano Bruno pamphlet/book that I might be reading when I get a better translation of it than what Google translate did to the Latin version. Essentially he was writing about eros, hooks, chaining people through subtle manipulation, etc. at the end of the 16th century. The reason I want to read it - our whole social world seems to work on this principle and you if you don't know how to give and receive pleasure that well, or have had the naturalness of it wrung out of you by hard living, it's like people realize that a significant part of you that should be there is missing. I think this happens to a lot of these guys who've been treated badly as well - ie. they get serious, quiet, and that's largely a great recipe if you want to be invisible.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2019, 7:59 pm

civilization may go out with a whimper.

RushKing
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2019, 9:12 pm

I am young and currently alone. Not because of feminism or polyamory.

I do agree that dating apps are part of the problem.

I am going my own way because; in my current situation, I would have to give up guitar and other interests just to get a date.

My social network is too small, I don't have friends that introduce me to new women (which is how most people find partners). Cold approaching isn't practical and neither are dating apps. The amount of time I would need to invest isn't worth it.

Capitalism IMO is the biggest problem. Capitalism has reduced community life to bars, clubs and churches.

I don't like religion, I don't enjoy talking over loud music, and I'm not an alcoholic.

RushKing
Veteran
Veteran

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2019, 9:50 pm

Who’d choose it if they had other options
Meanwhile this guy at my sisters churche is getting slots of sex with different women and hangs out with a. Inch of underage teenagers.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2019, 10:34 pm

auntblabby wrote:
civilization may go out with a whimper.

Sounds more like it will go out with whimps...

Regardless, we can only hope since life = pointless suffering...

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2019, 10:38 pm

is a "whimp" the same as a wimp? if so, i embrace my wimpiness and wear it as a badge of honor :star: :nerdy:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2019, 10:48 pm

auntblabby wrote:
is a "whimp" the same as a wimp? if so, i embrace my wimpiness and wear it as a badge of honor :star: :nerdy:

As per usual I Googled the definition before I posted and came up with this:
Quote:
whimp
The original and still by far the most common spelling of this common bit of slang meaning “weakling, coward,” is “wimp.” If you use the much less common “whimp” instead people may regard you as a little wimpy. https://brians.wsu.edu/2016/05/19/whimp/

I used the "whimp" with a "H" because it was in sympathy with your "wHimper"...
Call it autistic license... :wink:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2019, 10:53 pm

Pepe wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

As per usual I Googled the definition before I posted and came up with this:
Quote:
whimp
The original and still by far the most common spelling of this common bit of slang meaning “weakling, coward,” is “wimp.” If you use the much less common “whimp” instead people may regard you as a little wimpy. https://brians.wsu.edu/2016/05/19/whimp/

I used the "whimp" with a "H" because it was in sympathy with your "wHimper"...
Call it autistic license... :wink:

dang it :oops: i shoulda thunk it meself :doh: i must be gettin' old and feeble and dull of wits. :skull:

The Grand Inquisitor
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2019, 4:17 am

Just because less young men are having sex doesn't mean they're choosing to do so. Many of us have little say in the matter.