The all encompassing UK General Election thread!

Page 4 of 7 [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2019, 4:31 am

I think we should scrap the current process for electing MPs . It should be restyled with the public voting by email,phone and text as to which candidate hides best in a fridge, does the best job of not being interviewed and can tell the greatest amount of lies .

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2019, 4:40 am

5000 out of 95000, I'm surprised my 19 year old Lib Dem got that many since he was clear he wanted to stop Brexit. This is Brexit central. My relations are the only people I know not pro Brexit.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2019, 4:49 am

Everywhere in the world, the conservatives breed more kids, so they're becoming the majority everywhere while the seculars are becoming more minority with every generation; it's the case in US, UK, France, Turkey,Egypt....everywhere.

The future of the world..... is conservative by the cheer numbers.

"There will be no dawn for men".

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2019, 4:55 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Everywhere in the world, the conservatives breed more kids, so they're becoming the majority everywhere while the seculars are becoming more minority with every generation; it's the case in US, UK, France, Turkey, Egypt....everywhere.

Conservatives don't breed more here. Also not to be confused with American use of the word conservative, similarities but not the same thing. As far as I know there's the same percentage of Conservatives who are secular as the other parties, religion is RARELY discussed in politics her, this is intentional.

OutsideView
Veteran
Veteran

Location: England ^not male but apparently you can't change it

13 Dec 2019, 5:01 am

This is so depressing, Tory knobheads!

Rainbow_Belle
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Dec 2019, 5:06 am

Win for democracy and Britain gains independence and freedom. A bunch of corrupt bankers in Belgium should not dictate terms to Britain. This is a great win for British nationalism and keeping Britain for Britain.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2019, 5:07 am

fluffysaurus wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Everywhere in the world, the conservatives breed more kids, so they're becoming the majority everywhere while the seculars are becoming more minority with every generation; it's the case in US, UK, France, Turkey, Egypt....everywhere.

Conservatives don't breed more here. Also not to be confused with American use of the word conservative, similarities but not the same thing. As far as I know there's the same percentage of Conservatives who are secular as the other parties, religion is RARELY discussed in politics her, this is intentional.

Ok...you know better, but I find it hard to believe that religiosity doesn't affect conservatism/political choices.

OutsideView
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2019, 5:16 am

Rainbow_Belle wrote:
Win for democracy and Britain gains independence and freedom. A bunch of corrupt bankers in Belgium should not dictate terms to Britain. This is a great win for British nationalism and keeping Britain for Britain.

Given that apparently Cambridge Analytica were working for Leave, I'm not sure it's even a win for democracy.

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Ok...you know better, but I find it hard to believe that religiosity doesn't affect conservatism/political choices.

Religion really doesn't have that much to do with politics here (so far as I can see).

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2019, 5:28 am

Quote:
Labour also received a plurality of the vote amongst those belonging to other religions (48%) and those with no religious affiliation (47%). Amongst these two groups, the Conservative vote share was, respectively, 33% and 32%.

http://www.brin.ac.uk/religious-affilia ... -election/

I'm not sure whether 'no religious affiliation'= atheist .

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2019, 6:34 am

firemonkey wrote:
Quote:
Labour also received a plurality of the vote amongst those belonging to other religions (48%) and those with no religious affiliation (47%). Amongst these two groups, the Conservative vote share was, respectively, 33% and 32%.

http://www.brin.ac.uk/religious-affilia ... -election/

I'm not sure whether 'no religious affiliation'= atheist .

Yes, confusing term, I couldn't even tell you whether I had a religious affiliation or not. Do they stop people in the street and ask them? how rude :o

Oh, maybe it's from the census, but I don't see how they could connect the votes to the census unless they compared areas which is a bit big brother, voting is private for a reason. Anyway according to the 2001 census 390,127 people said their religion was Jedi :D .

Rainbow_Belle
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Dec 2019, 9:00 am

Capitalism has been saved in the UK. Brexit will be done and 5 years of UK building strong economy to secure it economic future. UK loves Boris Johnson and he will reign as PM for a very long time.

OutsideView
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2019, 9:10 am

Rainbow_Belle wrote:
UK loves Boris Johnson and he will reign as PM for a very long time.

Well this little section of the UK (my house) really can't stand him but I imagine "reign" is a very good word for what he'd like to do.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2019, 9:24 am

Boris Johnson may be a moran but at least maybe now brexit will actually happen,deal or no deal.

England has had 3 years to figure out a deal and now has to leave no questions asked.

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2019, 9:29 am

Rainbow_Belle wrote:
UK loves Boris Johnson

He won 43.6% of the vote yesterday

He won a large amount of constituencies which gives him very solid power for the next 5 years, but it's hard to say the UK 'loves him' when the majority of voters didn't even vote for his party

Sahn
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2019, 11:01 am

Rainbow_Belle wrote:
Capitalism has been saved in the UK. Brexit will be done and 5 years of UK building strong economy to secure it economic future. UK loves Boris Johnson and he will reign as PM for a very long time.

Thank you Rainbow_Belle
Enjoy your enthusiasm, congratulations I guess. :lol: