In case you feel the need to lose a few brain cells.

Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2019, 1:35 pm

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2019, 1:41 pm

“Science Must Fall”

:roll:

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2019, 4:04 pm

Part 2 and 3 of this debacle:

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2019, 4:18 pm

OMFG!! !

I was gonna say that this is not the first time I have heard that "outer space does not exist" meme. There are flat earthers on U Tube who will argue that as well. There is air all of the way up to that dome over our heads that forms the sky over our flat earth (you know...that dome that has the fixed stars painted on it over head). These folks are usually White, and some are motivated by Christian Fundamentalism, and some seem to be secular, and are motivated by sheer flakiness. This guy? Well..if you're gonna deny the existence of outer space why not do it in the name of reverse racism and Black nationalism as well? :lol:

Havent watched the whole thing yet. It first few seconds were crazy enough. I would like to inform that professor that ….there is a little green man following him around everywhere he goes, and that this little green man disappears everytime the professor turns to look at him. And then dare the prof to prove me wrong.

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2019, 4:22 pm

Youtube comments don't disappoint.

But if space doesn't exist, how can we send all white people there? :scratch:

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2019, 10:23 pm

I wonder if the kid took out student loan (debt) to fund this "education". :)

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2019, 6:35 am

I only watched the first part that was linked and while the space stuff is ridiculous, what struck me the most is the professor's racism. How can he not be fired when there's evidence like that that he's a racist?!

I suppose this could be called "black person priviledge." If a white person brings up something about a black person's race, they get accused of racism but if the same happens other way around, that often isn't the case. Or if a white person disagrees with a black one, they get blamed for racism. I've seen this happen many times; even in school, if someone bullied a black student, they were often accused of racism as well even if they didn't mention skin color or race in any way, yet when one of the black bullies called the palest white students powder face and such, no one said a word about racism and it was treated as regular bullying.

And I'm not saying that all black people take advantage of black person priviledge, in fact most probably don't, just those who have the nature of trouble makers, but it happens so much that people should talk about it way more than it's talked about now.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2019, 7:07 am

We all should be ashamed of ourselves!

Six folks have posted on this thread.

And each one of them has ….SEXUALLY ASSAULTED.... that professor guy!

Apparently every time you say something that is not a 100 percent in agreement with him...that constitutes "sexual assault" on him!

So we should all fess up, and join Bill Cosby in the prison cell, and start doing our time.

rdococ
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

03 Nov 2019, 12:37 pm

Have you looked at anyone who is in a position of power recently? Isn't it strange that they all tend to be rich, white, and old? Of course, I don't think white people are inherently evil - I'm one of them myself - but it is food for thought.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2019, 5:27 pm

rdococ wrote:
Have you looked at anyone who is in a position of power recently? Isn't it strange that they all tend to be rich, white, and old? Of course, I don't think white people are inherently evil - I'm one of them myself - but it is food for thought.

That was a 100 percent true for a long time. And it's still pretty close to being 100 percent true now. But I don't see what that has to do with the subject of this thread.

For Blacks and women etc to gain power they need to learn and master science, and not to reject it as that guy is demanding.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2019, 10:32 pm

It's evident to me that our institutions need to be able to handle reactionary absurdities and morons like this and those that can't should really just crumble into the dust-bin of history to be replaced by something that actually has 'sit down, shut up - you're stupid' baked into its founding fabric on some meaningful level (call it institutional oppression of schizophrenics maybe). We can wish everyone had a meaningful opinion, we could even wish that only meaningful opinions were lucrative! Sad for us it doesn't quite work out that way.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2019, 11:06 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
It's evident to me that our institutions need to be able to handle reactionary absurdities and morons like this and those that can't should really just crumble into the dust-bin of history to be replaced by something that actually has 'sit down, shut up - you're stupid' baked into its founding fabric on some meaningful level (call it institutional oppression of schizophrenics maybe). We can wish everyone had a meaningful opinion, we could even wish that only meaningful opinions were lucrative! Sad for us it doesn't quite work out that way.

How absurd. Calling people stupid is not going to make them see logic, if anything it'll make them rebel against it!

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2019, 11:16 pm

TW1ZTY wrote:
How absurd. Calling people stupid is not going to make them see logic, if anything it'll make them rebel against it!

In less cynical parlance perhaps - the thought remains that institutions with no ability to handle these sorts of things, just by sheer dint of Darwinian evolution, need to go to the dust bin of history - nature has deemed them unfit.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2019, 2:15 am

You can probably get an A+ in the class if you blame everything on "Whiteness".

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2019, 7:51 am

LoveNotHate wrote:
You can probably get an A+ in the class if you blame everything on "Whiteness".

At least in college. :P

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2020, 7:41 am

An update on this. He's now being investigated by the university.