Page 3 of 5 [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Bravo5150
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2019, 5:06 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
I may not “go out much”.....but I truly don’t see or hear much vitriol between Catholics and Protestants these days.

Certainly not to the point where there might be a civil war between those factions.

Well...the KKK itself announced a couple of years ago that for the first time in their 150 year history they will now allow Catholics to join. :D

Heartwarming! :roll:

They are showing signs of progress. I wonder how long it will take to get them to allow the offspring of Clayton Bigsby and others like them into the "club"?

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2019, 5:35 pm

Bravo5150 wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
Yes, I admit that sometimes my Aspie brain has a hard time picking up on sarcasm and I take things too literally... :oops:

I will try to remember to include a smiley face from now on when I am joking. I am very sarcastic sometimes. I forget how it can be easily misunderstood in some places.

As if it makes a difference.

Dude ...if Twizzy (or anyone) were in the same room with you, and you say the words "maybe they will ram a fence post up your orifice" the other person will either get that its a joke and will beat you to bloody pulp with a tire iron for you being an idiot who cant tell jokes, or they will NOT get that its a joke, and they will beat you to bloody pulp with a tire iron you for being an as*hole. The end result will be the same regardless of whether they get that you're joking or not! :lol:

Borromeo
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2019, 5:49 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
I may not “go out much”.....but I truly don’t see or hear much vitriol between Catholics and Protestants these days.

Certainly not to the point where there might be a civil war between those factions.

Well...the KKK itself announced a couple of years ago that for the first time in their 150 year history they will now allow Catholics to join. :D

Fat lot of good that will do--we're not even allowed, under pain of excommunication, to join the Freemasons! :D

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2019, 7:58 pm

Borromeo wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Fat lot of good that will do--we're not even allowed, under pain of excommunication, to join the Freemasons! :D

Dang!

Ya cant win fer loosin'.

Group A stops hating on group B, but group B wont allow you to join groups like group A.

So that groups A and B can never join...in the higher cause....of....hating group C!

Borromeo
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2019, 9:08 pm

You had me laughing!

No, we don't join groups to hate anyone really. The Masons have been feuding with the Catholics for about the last four hundred years, though. It can seem a bit silly at times. Apparently the upper echelons of masonry (sounds architectural) would like to see the church destroyed, but the average Mason would rather chug beer on lodge night. We don't need to go chug beer though--wherever you find four Catholics there's a fifth. :D

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2019, 9:11 pm

The average Mason is like Fred Flintstone or Ralph Kramden.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2019, 9:29 pm

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2019, 9:35 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
The average Mason is like Fred Flintstone or Ralph Kramden.

Or like these two...

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2019, 9:37 pm

Those meetings would be a riot----a regular riot! :P

Borromeo
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2019, 10:10 pm

And another fine mess they'd have gotten us all into!

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2019, 3:20 am

kraftiekortie wrote:

You’ve never lived among the Pentecostals, or the Holiness or primitive Baptists, have you?

I can tell you, with certainty, if it stinks of Catholicism (be it the Church of Rome, the Church of Constantinople, the Anglican Communion, the Lutheran Church (in all of its various forms), you will be vilified, and run out of the congregation, and the community, on a rail.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

07 Nov 2019, 4:39 am

^^Even Lutherans, who broke away from the Catholics several hundreds of years ago?

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2019, 5:59 am

The US was founded years and years ago on what I interpret as Christian principles ( I realize this is debatable, but this is not my point ). That being said, there's zero danger of Christianity ruling anything in this country. Mention may be made of God, the Bible, etc... certain Christian ( and other religious holidays ) may be celebrated or observed. But this country is way too far down the rabbit hole to ever become a Theocracy.

Halloweenie will happen on schedule next year, in San Fran.

Neurocognitive exam in May 2019, diagnosed with ASD, Asperger's type in June 2019.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2019, 6:01 am

Christian principles.....but strict separation of church and state.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2019, 9:11 am

The Colonies were founded under sectarian Christian beliefs, but by the time the Bill of Rights was written, preference for any one religion was abandoned.

America was founded on secular virtues.

However, if Christian ideology once again became the basis of our government, we would have the restoration of slavery, subjugation of women, death by stoning of gays and adulterers, and conquest by genocide.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Bravo5150
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2019, 9:15 am

The first thing to look for that this might be coming back is to watch for the ten commandments to start reappearing in front of courthouses.