''They are killing my son''- Assange's father speaks out

Page 1 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

minuteman2019
Butterfly
Butterfly

10 Nov 2019, 4:03 pm

When George Bush and Barrack Obama are locked up for war crimes we can talk about Julian Assange. Until then these war criminals deserve a swift kick in the ass.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2019, 4:45 pm

Here here

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2019, 11:16 am

TheAntevasin wrote:

It saddens me to read so much negativity blasted at others who focus on facts. People who have an opinion not based on facts but misinformation tend to be the ones that attack others unneccessarily because they are in cognitive dissonance.

Firstly, I'd like to share something very personal here. My husband was kidnapped and brutally tortured by different factions of shadow government for his whistleblowing activism some were American shadow government and some were Ecuadorian shadow government, he later died a year and a half ago.

I am someone who has first hand personal experience of the consequences of what happens to a person who exposes truth that threatens elite corruption. I've lost my husband and there is no justice to be sought as those that destroyed him are the ones in power and in government, in police, in military, CIA doctors and so on, a net work of corrution that is actually a global reality.

Any stories that come out to slander such people like Assange or my husband, are often questionable and need to be treated suspiciously. I am an independent journalist and I have studied Journalism, Free Press, law, libel and slander and human rights, British newspapers like the Guardian have overstepped many slander laws with smear campaigns on Assange along with others, because their editorial board are funded and controlled by government and MPs that are implicated in Wikileaks cables. Most of you here seem unaware of how mainstream papers are being censored to publish the GRAVE human rights violations by keeping Assange in prison beyond his release date the 22nd of September, ALL ILLEGAL, just because its the powers that be doing it, doesnt make it right! Meanwhile, he is ill in the prison hospital and being kept in isolation from other prisoners. Craig Murray worked in countless investigations in Usbekistan and other countries as a British Ambassador, defending victims of tortured, him and Nils Melzer, the UN Special Rapporteur on Torture have both been explicit in their observations of Assange in his latest court case, shows clear signs of torture. After my husband was electricuted for four days, I know what torture does to people too. Assange has been tortured in Belmarsh prison. The British government is accountable for the coersion with US officials, lack of real objective justice in court, mental torture, isolation and drugging of Journalist Julian Assange.

Secondly, the best sources of non-biased independent news, those from non governmental news sources, and investigative journalists like Sir John Pilger, since governments both in the UK and the US are implicated in Wikileaks cables and have been exposed on multiple levels of corruption, various examples are Hilary Clinton selling arms to ISIS and John McCaine funding and having secret meetings with Muslim extremists. If you still trust your government, not much I can say about that other than people prefer to stay in a comfort zone than accept the truth.

John Pilger talks about it here. https://soundcloud.com/rttv/going-under ... 19Yv4CFnB0

Dear Antavasin , have almost precisely similiar circumstances ocurring here in the united states in a coastal state , whereas they diid not bother with formal torture but found 2 psychopath types. Close proximity to us, tormenting us ,whom we were trying to avoid . whom in their interests where awarded in effect of jurisdisditional edict and back room ageeement .On the fringes of several court interactions. The rights to our home . And the provision to commit the murder of my husband using same 2 psychopathic types . And carry a show trial. To perform appearances of motions of law justice . With no intent to have anyone. Convicted . My husband carried good conduct awards for military service in a very difficult to fight in war , Veit Nam he was resupply , via airforce to in country personnel. Peaceful non violent man , never arrested for violence or even a real crime. Other than a previously fabricated one by the same judge . In attempts of character assasination . Leading up to this show trial. .. Whom to this day has gone completely un noticed by any legal authority or court jurisdiction. A neighbor to our home, became offended that , we were gaining affluence , and he was suppose to be in private control of this area he had moved into , his wife was respected ? nurse at only local hospital for 80 miles. She was in support of her husbands and their ex con grandsons crime ring. Ie. All outward of local sheriffs support aswell. Consequently , we were repeatedly reported supposedly unknowingly to the upper eschelon of local sheriffs . Whom with the help of some corrupt judges and prosecuetors ..My brother and his girlfriend, and her eldest son yonnie got off scott free , to date none of them has demostrated any conciounce in thes matters over 10 yrs old. Am 1 st hand witness to circumstances and was not allowed to testify . Only witnesses were sheriff dept. In summer of 2007 case was drawn out to 2008 , to make for appearances . Obvious facts and evidence were either discarded of destroyed.
The attorney we had thought to be working for us was in all appearances of reality working to aid . The situation devised to murder my husband , his name is Robert Hurley .
Late of Riverside Court system..never ever engage in a not public agreements that are not actually put down in court record directly in front of you. If you have any choice in the issue. That by itself may not be adequate to help but its a effort .
MY UTMOST GREAT SYMPATHIES ARE WITH JULIAN ASSANGE

where ever you go ,there you are

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

11 Nov 2019, 3:44 pm

[Mod]

Tried posting this with the quotes but Captcha didn't like it.

Fnord - users are allowed to post about things that you don't personally find interesting. If you don't have anything to add to a discussion, then rather than criticising people for having the discussion, I would suggest a better use of your time would be to simply not comment.

John - ethical issues are often complex, and there are a broad range of perspectives on most issues. People who disagree with you are not necessarily Nazis. Please try to disagree politely and treat others with respect, rather than insinuating that everyone who disagrees with you is evil.

[/Mod]

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2019, 5:32 pm

The_Walrus wrote:
[Mod]

Fnord - users are allowed to post about things that you don't personally find interesting. If you don't have anything to add to a discussion, then rather than criticising people for having the discussion, I would suggest a better use of your time would be to simply not comment.

John - ethical issues are often complex, and there are a broad range of perspectives on most issues. People who disagree with you are not necessarily Nazis. Please try to disagree politely and treat others with respect, rather than insinuating that everyone who disagrees with you is evil.

[/Mod]

It's not people disagreeing with me it is crowing for Journalists to be killed and supporting wars of aggression all over the place. The kind of acts that would have had those responsible hung at Nuremberg.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

12 Nov 2019, 8:32 am

JohnPowell wrote:
The_Walrus wrote:
[Mod]

[/Mod]

It's not people disagreeing with me it is crowing for Journalists to be killed and supporting wars of aggression all over the place. The kind of acts that would have had those responsible hung at Nuremberg.

The thing is, every time someone disagrees with you, you accuse them of crowing for journalists to be killed and supporting wars of aggression (and now seemingly you call for them to be hung at Nuremberg?), regardless of whether they actually do those things. It doesn't logically follow that because someone disagrees with you, that they must disagree in the most extreme way possible with all of your views.

SpiceWolf
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2019, 11:56 am

The_Walrus wrote:
Assange has done a lot of good work (although he endangered many innocent lives doing so and should have been more responsible). Let's not pretend for a second that he's being imprisoned "for being a journalist". He is being imprisoned because he is a rapist and he went on the run from the law rather than face justice. Publishing leaked documents doesn't magically give you impunity to rape whoever you want.

Hello Mr Walrus, apologies for neglecting this topic for so long, I've been busy.

I note that someone has hit the magic reset button again and that you've resumed accusing Wikileaks and Assange in particular of being irresponsible, when it was the Guardian, specifically David Leigh and Luke Harding who leaked the password to the unredacted records.

https://techfruit.com/2011/09/01/did-th ... -password/

Secondly he is being held not on the Swedish accusations but on the American grand jury charges.

Thirdly I noticed you enthusiastically pronounced him a rapist.
So I will take the time to post the words of Nils Melzer UN Special Rapporteur who is far more erudite than me.

Quote:
Like most of the public, I had been subconsciously poisoned by the relentless smear campaign, which had been disseminated over the years. So it took a second knock on my door to get my reluctant attention. But once I looked into the facts of this case, what I found filled me with repulsion and disbelief.

Surely, I thought, Assange must be a rapist! But what I found is that he has never been charged with a sexual offence. True, soon after the United States had encouraged allies to find reasons to prosecute Assange, Swedish prosecution informed the tabloid press that he was suspected of having raped two women. Strangely, however, the women themselves never claimed to have been raped, nor did they intend to report a criminal offence. Go figure. Moreover, the forensic examination of a condom submitted as evidence, supposedly worn and torn during intercourse with Assange, revealed no DNA whatsoever — neither his, nor hers, nor anybody else’s. Go figure again. One woman even texted that she only wanted Assange to take an HIV test, but that the police were “keen on getting their hands on him”. Go figure, once more. Ever since, both Sweden and Britain have done everything to prevent Assange from confronting these allegations without simultaneously having to expose himself to US extradition and, thus, to a show-trial followed by life in jail. His last refuge had been the Ecuadorian Embassy.
In the end it finally dawned on me that I had been blinded by propaganda, and that Assange had been systematically slandered to divert attention from the crimes he exposed. Once he had been dehumanized through isolation, ridicule and shame, just like the witches we used to burn at the stake, it was easy to deprive him of his most fundamental rights without provoking public outrage worldwide. And thus, a legal precedent is being set, through the backdoor of our own complacency, which in the future can and will be applied just as well to disclosures by The Guardian, the New York Times and ABC News.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2019, 12:11 pm

The_Walrus wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
The_Walrus wrote:
[Mod]

[/Mod]

The thing is, every time someone disagrees with you, you accuse them of crowing for journalists to be killed and supporting wars of aggression (and now seemingly you call for them to be hung at Nuremberg?), regardless of whether they actually do those things. It doesn't logically follow that because someone disagrees with you, that they must disagree in the most extreme way possible with all of your views.

No I do that when the crow for journalists to be killed and when they support wars of aggression and dropping nukes on people. I said "those responsible". You get every single thing wrong and then make assumptions based on your mistakes or the false information you parrot. You get corrected then come back a few weeks later with the same tripe. Try and learn something for once.

enz
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2019, 3:24 am

JohnPowell wrote:

No I do that when the crow for journalists to be killed and when they support wars of aggression and dropping nukes on people.

"screw them because there not American. Which makes them collateral damage" said Jesus never :|

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2019, 1:02 am

Fnord wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Fnord wrote:
"Persecution"? PFEH!

Julian Assange is a coward and a criminal, just like his buddy Edward Snowden.

If either of them had any real courage, they would have both turned themselves in and accepted justice.

Instead, they ran, hid, and sought "sanctuary" outside of any relevant jurisdiction.

:roll:

A lot of decent and brave dissidents fled the Nazis too.
They, at least, had the justification of being right.

Handcuffs fnord and leads him away to the tower of london

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

22 Nov 2019, 5:38 pm

SpiceWolf wrote:
The_Walrus wrote:
Assange has done a lot of good work (although he endangered many innocent lives doing so and should have been more responsible). Let's not pretend for a second that he's being imprisoned "for being a journalist". He is being imprisoned because he is a rapist and he went on the run from the law rather than face justice. Publishing leaked documents doesn't magically give you impunity to rape whoever you want.

Hello Mr Walrus, apologies for neglecting this topic for so long, I've been busy.

I note that someone has hit the magic reset button again and that you've resumed accusing Wikileaks and Assange in particular of being irresponsible, when it was the Guardian, specifically David Leigh and Luke Harding who leaked the password to the unredacted records.

Secondly he is being held not on the Swedish accusations but on the American grand jury charges.

So I will take the time to post the words of Nils Melzer UN Special Rapporteur who is far more erudite than me.

Quote:
Like most of the public, I had been subconsciously poisoned by the relentless smear campaign, which had been disseminated over the years. So it took a second knock on my door to get my reluctant attention. But once I looked into the facts of this case, what I found filled me with repulsion and disbelief.

Surely, I thought, Assange must be a rapist! But what I found is that he has never been charged with a sexual offence. True, soon after the United States had encouraged allies to find reasons to prosecute Assange, Swedish prosecution informed the tabloid press that he was suspected of having raped two women. Strangely, however, the women themselves never claimed to have been raped, nor did they intend to report a criminal offence. Go figure. Moreover, the forensic examination of a condom submitted as evidence, supposedly worn and torn during intercourse with Assange, revealed no DNA whatsoever — neither his, nor hers, nor anybody else’s. Go figure again. One woman even texted that she only wanted Assange to take an HIV test, but that the police were “keen on getting their hands on him”. Go figure, once more. Ever since, both Sweden and Britain have done everything to prevent Assange from confronting these allegations without simultaneously having to expose himself to US extradition and, thus, to a show-trial followed by life in jail. His last refuge had been the Ecuadorian Embassy.
In the end it finally dawned on me that I had been blinded by propaganda, and that Assange had been systematically slandered to divert attention from the crimes he exposed. Once he had been dehumanized through isolation, ridicule and shame, just like the witches we used to burn at the stake, it was easy to deprive him of his most fundamental rights without provoking public outrage worldwide. And thus, a legal precedent is being set, through the backdoor of our own complacency, which in the future can and will be applied just as well to disclosures by The Guardian, the New York Times and ABC News.

Mr Melzer is mistaken or lying. Assange has been accused of rape by two women. https://www.theguardian.com/media/2010/ ... nge-sweden

Unfortunately due to his perversion of the course of justice, the case has now been dropped. I hope the Swedes charge him with their equivalent to this crime, in which case I would support his extradition to Sweden.

If the Swedes want him then he should be extradited there to face sentencing. I think a fair sentence would be the equivalent to the one he has dropped out of for the four offences he has been charged with. A bit like how if you refuse to give a breath sample you receive the same punishment as someone who commits drink driving. But on the other hand, there are other factors to consider such as whether Assange's supporters would become angry. I don't really think those sorts of things should be allowed to prevent justice taking its course, but I understand that professionals need to consider more things.

As the Swedes don't want him any more, and he has served his time in this country, I think he should probably be released. I don't think his human rights would be breached by an extradition to America, as that would endanger the extradition treaty, so if that did happen then I wouldn't be up in arms. But if he is going to be extradited then just get on and do it. Holding him without charge just seems somewhat vindicative. Being a petty manchild is not a crime.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2019, 12:23 am

The_Walrus wrote:
SpiceWolf wrote:
The_Walrus wrote:

Quote:

Mr Melzer is mistaken or lying. Assange has been accused of rape by two women. https://www.theguardian.com/media/2010/ ... nge-sweden

Unfortunately due to his perversion of the course of justice, the case has now been dropped. I hope the Swedes charge him with their equivalent to this crime, in which case I would support his extradition to Sweden.

If the Swedes want him then he should be extradited there to face sentencing. I think a fair sentence would be the equivalent to the one he has dropped out of for the four offences he has been charged with. A bit like how if you refuse to give a breath sample you receive the same punishment as someone who commits drink driving. But on the other hand, there are other factors to consider such as whether Assange's supporters would become angry. I don't really think those sorts of things should be allowed to prevent justice taking its course, but I understand that professionals need to consider more things.

As the Swedes don't want him any more, and he has served his time in this country, I think he should probably be released. I don't think his human rights would be breached by an extradition to America, as that would endanger the extradition treaty, so if that did happen then I wouldn't be up in arms. But if he is going to be extradited then just get on and do it. Holding him without charge just seems somewhat vindicative. Being a petty manchild is not a crime.

Something is askew here. First this post sounded supportive of Assange
But as i read on , it appears that this poster , would be hsppy to see him in
The hands of the country , whom has been manipulating the entire situation , all the way around by all outward experiences . Is there some fantasy here about Assange getting even a remote shot at justice in the USA ?.

It is " NOT "my understanding that he could . Wikipedia is a great interenet
Search engine . The world would be at a great loss to lose its available information , reardless of political correctness .
As someone else here has written . "Facts do not change merely because they are ignored ."A. Huxley

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2019, 9:06 am

The_Walrus wrote:
SpiceWolf wrote:
The_Walrus wrote:

Quote:

Why have you banned people for being against mass immigration when you support Nazi policies? The Guardian isn't a legitimate news source. It still has a fake story up of Manafort meeting Assange in the Embassy. One of the women said the police made up the case. They wanted him to take an STD test after consensual sex. You calling that rape is spitting on rape victims across the world. Does Alex realise he has a mod supporting such?

SpiceWolf
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2019, 5:39 pm

The_Walrus wrote:

First Mr Melzer said "Charged" not "Accused", a different word, with a different meaning.

(From the Guardian article) wrote:
Assange, who was released on bail on Thursday, denies the Swedish allegations and has not formally been charged with any offence. (Emphasis mine)

Perhaps you meant to link some other article, one that backed up your claims rather than Mr Melzers claims?

As for the alleged accusations.
Again I'll let Mr Melzer Defend himself.

https://medium.com/@njmelzer/response-t ... 22083dafc8
Quote:
Second, as far as SW is concerned, her police report states that, after Assange woke her up trying to initiate intercourse, the two had a conversation in which she asked Assange whether he was wearing a condom and he replied he was not. She then said he “would better not have HIV” and he replied that he did not, after which, she “let him continue” (lät honom fortsätta) to have unprotected intercourse. There are no indications of coercive or incapacitating circumstances suggesting lack of consent. Accordingly, Chief Prosecutor for Stockholm Eva Finne stated: “I do not think there is reason to suspect that he has committed rape” and closed the case on 25 August 2010 concluding that the “conduct alleged by SW disclosed no crime at all”. Having examined all the evidence before me, I agree with her. My position, like Finne’s, is not that SW’s account is not credible, but rather that the conduct alleged does not constitute “rape”.

Quote:
Third, as far as AA is concerned, even the Swedish prosecution never suggested that the conduct alleged by her could amount to “rape”. In a Twitter-message of 22 April 2013, AA herself publicly denied having been raped (jag har inte blivit våldtagen). AA also stated in a tabloid interview that Assange is not violent and that neither she nor SW felt afraid of him. While I agree with the prosecution that AA’s allegations, if proven to be true, could amount to sexual assault other than rape, the fact that she submitted as evidence a condom, supposedly worn and torn during intercourse with Assange, which carried no DNA of either Assange or AA, seriously undermines her credibility.

Quote:
Fourth, according to their own accounts, neither AA nor SW ever alleged to have been raped, and neither of them intended to report a crime. Rather, evidence shows that AA took SW to a police station, so SW could enquire whether she could force Assange to take an HIV-test. There, they were questioned together by an investigating officer who knew AA personally and ran on the same political party ticket as AA in the general elections three weeks later. When superior investigators insisted on registering SW’s enquiry as a report of “rape” and to immediately issue an arrest warrant against Assange, SW reportedly refused to sign her statement and became so emotionally distraught that the questioning had to be suspended. While at the police station, SW even texted that she “did not want to put any charges on Julian Assange” but that “the police were keen on getting their hands on him” (14:26); and that she was “chocked (sic shocked) when they arrested him” because she “only wanted him to take a test” (17:06). Once Chief Prosecutor Finné had intervened and closed the case, it reportedly was again the police (not SW) who “revised” her statement lodged in the police system to better fit the crime of “rape” before it was resubmitted by a third Social Democrat politician to a different prosecutor who was prepared to re-open the case.

The political nature of these charges has been fairly obvious for a while now.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2019, 6:35 pm

It's absolutely disgusting that anyone is still saying he raped anyone. It shows that they don't respect the rule of law at the least.