Page 1 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

who created the creator who created the universe?
i dunno. :shrug: 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
i know but i ain't tellin' ;) 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
metaverse always existed outside of human comprehension :study: 30%  30%  [ 3 ]
god's father :idea: 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
the master control program :nerdy: 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
some other explanation :idea: :idea: 40%  40%  [ 4 ]
where's my divine ice cream? :chef: 20%  20%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 10

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2019, 6:23 am

where, indeed, did god come from? there is the old joke about the pilgrim who meets god on the journey, and asks god, "where did you come from?" and without missing a beat, god replies, "ya know, i've been asking that very same thing meself. i'm so old that i just can't remember anymore." any deep thinkers here have any notion of where god came from? [and i DON'T mean in terms of mankind inventing him for their purposes]. WHO created the metaverse/infinite number of universes, and WHO created the creator?

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2019, 6:58 am

God exists outside of time.

So he was just there.

Atheists and theists alike run afoul of infinite regress. Stephen Hawkins responded to the question of "what came before the Big Bang?" with the answer that "that's like asking 'what is north of the North Pole?'". There is no north of the north pole. And whether you invoke a creator or not, either way, you come to a point were linear time (befores and afters) break down. At a certain point there can be no "before".

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2019, 7:36 am

When people ask if I'm a theist or atheist, I reply 'theist.' If they are gearing up for an argument they ask me what God I worship and begin to rub their palms together. I tell them I worship 'I am.' Then, they get really mad at me and call me a coward for being unwilling to name the God I worship. I never ends well. shrug

Neurocognitive exam in May 2019, diagnosed with ASD, Asperger's type in June 2019.

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2019, 8:21 am

That question is so far above my pay grade. :D

I live my experience and that's about all I can manage.

People who think they can explain that, probably can't.

Where is my ice cream???

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2019, 8:23 am

naturalplastic wrote:

So he was just there.

Atheists and theists alike run afoul of infinite regress. Stephen Hawkins responded to the question of "what came before the Big Bang?" with the answer that "that's like asking 'what is north of the North Pole?'". There is no north of the north pole. And whether you invoke a creator or not, either way, you come to a point were linear time (befores and afters) break down. At a certain point there can be no "before".

The south pole is north of the north pole.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2019, 8:45 am

cubedemon6073 wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

So he was just there.

Ya mean... If I go to the North Pole, and then go a step even farther north....then.... I vanish...and then magically reappear at the SOUTH Pole, in Antarctica?

Like going into a Tardis?

I never heard of that phenom! :D

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2019, 9:49 am

naturalplastic wrote:
God exists outside of time. So he was just there. Atheists and theists alike run afoul of infinite regress. Stephen Hawkins responded to the question of "what came before the Big Bang?" with the answer that "that's like asking 'what is north of the North Pole?'". There is no north of the north pole. And whether you invoke a creator or not, either way, you come to a point were linear time (befores and afters) break down. At a certain point there can be no "before".

IOW god is something of a master control program, who exists outside the domain of his programming. which begs the question, who created the MCP? are there echelons of meta-reality permanently beyond our ability to grok? it is outside human comprehension that something should have always existed.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2019, 9:56 am

God's father probably was a humble carpenter or something.....

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2019, 10:06 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
God's father probably was a humble carpenter or something.....

and HIS father prolly was CEO of some other metaverse somewhere else. mebbe all of creation is an endless orchard with metaverse trees sprouting universal fruit as far off in multiple directions as can be comprehended, and well beyond.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2019, 10:19 am

I tend to believe in the idea of "infinity."

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2019, 10:22 am

naturalplastic wrote:
cubedemon6073 wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

So he was just there.

Ya mean... If I go to the North Pole, and then go a step even farther north....then.... I vanish...and then magically reappear at the SOUTH Pole, in Antarctica?

Think! If one just simply keeps going North to the top most part or what we consider the top part. Look at a globe. Move your finger from the bottom to the top. Once one keeps going past the top with one's finger where does one go. South towards the south pole.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2019, 10:23 am

we came from infinity and to infinity we return. repeat as necessary. an evolved few of us escape the wheel of karma and live up there in the golden heights.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2019, 10:40 am

cubedemon6073 wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
cubedemon6073 wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

So he was just there.

Think! If one just simply keeps going North to the top most part or what we consider the top part. Look at a globe. Move your finger from the bottom to the top. Once one keeps going past the top with one's finger where does one go. South towards the south pole.

You go towards the South Pole. But you are not AT the South Pole.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2019, 10:44 am

I want REAL ice cream.

I have a strange suspicion that "divine ice cream" has this funny taste....

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2019, 10:45 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I want REAL ice cream.

I have a strange suspicion that "divine ice cream" has this funny taste....

are you thinking of the late glenn milstead, by any chance? ;)

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2019, 10:48 am

Never heard of the guy.....