Page 4 of 5 [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

shlaifu
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2019, 1:57 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
If Britain can survive the Blitz, it can survive anything....

The Blitz was a crime done to the British, by the enemy. It united them against the Nazis.
No one went: oh, they're bombing London, but once London is wiped out, that'll be 350 million pound a week for the NHS.

Thatcherism and the neoliberal order was done to the people by the rich. It's an internal crack between the government and its people.

I don't think the kingdom will stay united for another generation, if the tories win in December.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2019, 2:07 pm

firemonkey wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
firemonkey wrote:
I'm wondering who the real Fascist/Nazi is on this thread. JP gives off clear signs of being that way inclined with his anti liberal rants .

Lots of progressives hate liberals does that make them fascists?

Liberals can lean to the left or right . Progressives are more likely to hate those leaning to the right.

Na not real ones. They hate hypocrites and parrots of the neoliberal establishment.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2019, 2:08 pm

Comparing a democratic vote to leave a rotten institution to being bombed by Nazi Germany... :roll:

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2019, 2:14 pm

Are those choosing to leave more right than left wing? Yes . Are they Nazis ? The vast majority-no .

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2019, 6:05 pm

Like I said....if the UK can survive the Blitz, they can survive anything.

There's more possibility, from my viewpoint, that the monarchy might not survive; I don't believe even this is likely.

I don't care what anybody else says. I don't care if I get a "rolling-eyes" response.

I don't give a crap, really.

A "rolling-eyes" response usually emanates from someone who is passive-aggressive.

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2019, 8:18 pm

They even survived the 'Ballroom blitz' ;)

Rainbow_Belle
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Nov 2019, 9:20 pm

I am all for Brexit: take back control of borders and protect British jobs.
Illegal immigrants died in the back of a truck while trying to get into the UK.
Take back borders and save lives and stop the flow of immigrants.
Shut down businesses that exploit immigrants and arrest human traffickers.

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2019, 3:08 am

human trafficking and illegal immigration is unrelated to being an EU member.

I have always wondered how those who's focus of Brexit was on making borders 'safer' feel about potentially losing access to Schengen Information System

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2019, 8:13 am

Seems to have worked great for getting hundreds of ISIS fighters back, getting a kid trained by ISIS being adopted by a couple who had no idea of his past and then him going on to try blowing up a train. Seemed to work great for helping the Manchester arena bomber flow back and forth to Libya. Seems to have worked well to pour the third world in.