Page 3 of 4 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Catlover5
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2019, 7:43 pm

To be honest, I think the Dr. Drew producers might have set that whole thing up just to cause drama. They purposefully had a transwoman and someone who doesn't think transwomen are real women sitting side by side for good TV.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2019, 8:20 pm

Catlover5 wrote:
To be honest, I think the Dr. Drew producers might have set that whole thing up just to cause drama. They purposefully had a transwoman and someone who doesn't think transwomen are real women sitting side by side for good TV.

Confrontation and acrimony gets good ratings. People. unfortunately, love to watch conflict. That's why Jerry Springer was so popular. (I have no idea whether not he's still on the air, but it wouldn't surprise me.)

Oscar Meyer Lansky

shlaifu
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2019, 8:49 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
Catlover5 wrote:

Confrontation and acrimony gets good ratings. People. unfortunately, love to watch conflict. That's why Jerry Springer was so popular. (I have no idea whether not he's still on the air, but it wouldn't surprise me.)

Ah! This is perfect! Jerry Springer would be the perfect forum for Shapiro. Loud, angry, and no intention of figuring anything out.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2019, 9:48 pm

shlaifu wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Catlover5 wrote:

Ah! This is perfect! Jerry Springer would be the perfect forum for Shapiro. Loud, angry, and no intention of figuring anything out.

I'm not sure Shapiro's voice would be suited for that format. It might tax his vocal chords too much.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2019, 1:39 am

JohnPowell wrote:
Catlover5 wrote:
Anybody remember this?

Liberals :roll: Worse than even Shapiro. They sided with the trans person even though 'she' threatened to send him away in an ambulance. Not very womanly of 'her'.

Are women under some obligation to always remain lady-like, even when confronting insulting bigots? An occasional dog-walking might teach Benny some respect.

Whether or not it's right, if you go around inciting people you have to anticipate that eventually someone's gonna deck you because not everyone views all speech as sacrosanct and some people react with hostility to insults.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2019, 1:46 am

funeralxempire wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Catlover5 wrote:
Anybody remember this?

Liberals :roll: Worse than even Shapiro. They sided with the trans person even though 'she' threatened to send him away in an ambulance. Not very womanly of 'her'.

Are women under some obligation to always remain lady-like, even when confronting insulting bigots? An occasional dog-walking might teach Benny some respect.

Whether or not it's right, if you go around inciting people you have to anticipate that eventually someone's gonna deck you because not everyone views all speech as sacrosanct and some people react with hostility to insults.

It's wrong for her to put her hands on him.
It's wrong for her to make a threat.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2019, 2:03 am

LoveNotHate wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Catlover5 wrote:
Anybody remember this?

It's wrong for her to put her hands on him.
It's wrong for her to make a threat.

I really don't care if it's right or wrong, as I already indicated.

If you go around instigating people, eventually someone's gonna take the bait and clobber you. I'm not talking about hypothetical ideals, I'm talking about the real world with real, imperfect, emotional people. Hypothetical ideals won't make the beatdown any less painful.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2019, 2:10 am

Bradleigh wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

You are using quotations as if you don't believe that woman is a she or her?

Here is the thing, Shapiro is purposefully inciting her in that video. He is working child level education of gender, where what she has to lose in the discussion is having her identity negated. How would you feel if you went into a discussion and another person started saying core parts of your identity were fake, and used primary/elementary school level education as a basis, purposefully using inciteful language to attack.

I would debunk what he was saying if I could back it up with evidence. I wouldn't threaten to send him away in an ambulance.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2019, 2:34 am

beneficii wrote:
Bradleigh wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

You are using quotations as if you don't believe that woman is a she or her?

Here is the thing, Shapiro is purposefully inciting her in that video. He is working child level education of gender, where what she has to lose in the discussion is having her identity negated. How would you feel if you went into a discussion and another person started saying core parts of your identity were fake, and used primary/elementary school level education as a basis, purposefully using inciteful language to attack.

I'm a transgender woman myself, and I am horrified at the way some people on this forum like to make sport of transgender people and just go along with Ben Shapiro. It makes me feel uncomfortable and makes it feel unsafe to bring up that I'm trans.

Don't feel uncomfortable. I judge people by their character.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2019, 4:53 am

JohnPowell wrote:
I would debunk what he was saying if I could back it up with evidence. I wouldn't threaten to send him away in an ambulance.

Agreed, but I can't say that I have been in such a situation, apart from times I lashed out as a teen from repeated bullying.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2019, 8:04 am

funeralxempire wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Catlover5 wrote:
Anybody remember this?

A woman couldn't over power a man like that. See this is how upside down things are. You find an opinion or fact you don't like and then advocate violence against that person. That is the real problem and crime.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2019, 9:10 am

JohnPowell wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

A woman couldn't over power a man like that. See this is how upside down things are. You find an opinion or fact you don't like and then advocate violence against that person. That is the real problem and crime.

Plenty of women can overpower plenty of men. Perhaps it is not the on average norm, but I don't think one has to be a man to beat Ben Shapiro in a fight.

And that does not mean I am encouraging violence. In fact, trans women can find themselves much more likely to be the targets of violence, especially when you have talking points like those Ben Shapiro uses against trans people. This is why Shapiro's rhetoric is not harmless, he calls trans people delusional, crazy, and fakes, which will have some guys with insecurity over their masculinity, attack them. He will say that perverts pretending using excuses of transgender will sneak into women's restrooms and do bad things to little girls, forcing trans women to go into men's restrooms, despite mostly looking like women, where they are more likely to be in danger.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2019, 12:03 pm

Sorry, we can't blame people's words for someone else's action or feelings. People are responsible for themselves or at least should be.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2019, 12:33 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
If you go around instigating people, eventually someone's gonna take the bait and clobber you. I'm not talking about hypothetical ideals, I'm talking about the real world with real, imperfect, emotional people. Hypothetical ideals won't make the beatdown any less painful.

MORE LIKELY, a trans woman is going to get MURDERED if she insists she's a woman, than someone doing harm to Shapiro.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2019, 12:46 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

MORE LIKELY, a trans woman is going to get MURDERED if she insists she's a woman, than someone taking offense to Shapiro.

Sadly you might be correct, transphobia is certainly a pressing social issue. It's shameful that what you've said is likely true, but that doesn't diminish from that fact.

JohnPowell wrote:

Are you doubting a large, athletic woman couldn't overpower a shrimp like Ben Shapiro?

As for advocating, I don't see where I advocated. I merely stated that if one is belligerent and insulting to enough people they'll eventually get decked. Pointing out a fact about human behaviour is not advocating, although I'm not surprised to see you yet again dishonestly misrepresenting what another poster has said.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2019, 12:49 pm

It wasn't a large athletic woman that threatened him.