Page 1 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2019, 8:15 am

I'm not American but Mr Trump very impresses mine not as American President but as an entrepreneur.

But I'm more fan of Bill Gates, because is most likely he has Asperger Syndrome like mine (I'm 33 years old and not reach anything significant in my life :( ), I'm now watching biopic tv series on Netflix about him, he was creative probably because he is bit autistic and make him billionaire :D

What impresses me about Bill Gates is that he was able to force others to his will, for example when he was in this elite boys' school, he was a member of the IT club, which by the way was the germ of Microsoft's staff :-)

mean, he was the youngest member of this society, when they got their first serious IT job, the older students kicked Bill Gates out of the project because they were almost finishing high school, and he just started it and didn't match their images because their ware "all grown up" and stuff like that :)
They did not want him originally on commercial projects because he was on 2nd year of the high school and most of them ware on last final year and they did not want him because of PR reason that having someone that young would negatively affect them with dealing with "serious adult businessmen" :D

Young Bill Gates apparently said that they know that they would fail, and if they would need him he would return only as project manager :-)

And they failed and asked him to help in this project as a team member, but he said that he was serious as about being a manager,

Apparently they did not want to agree to the very end to make him the head of the project, and he that he would not help them if they did not do so, apparently they agreed only when the deadline approached and thought that it was already too late anyway -(

(they probably thought that eventually blame him that if it wasn't for his stubbornness it would be good :-))

But they succeeded :-)
The same impress me in President Trump this "My way or the highway" attitude :) as Americans and Brits used to say :D , to be able to force other people and business partners to bow to their will, that they do this even if they not want to :-) Both Donald Trump and Bill Gates used it excessively :D

TheCherokeeRosePrince
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Nov 2019, 8:31 am

Billionaires don't impress me, neither do celebrities. :lol:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2019, 8:56 am

Trump (or his companies) also went bankrupt at least 4 times. Not impressed.

He also is like a sulky child when things don’t go his way.

Entrepreneurship is selling things. One has to be at least a bit of a con person to do this. I wouldn’t trust Trump were he in my house as a guest.

Gates....I don’t know him well enough. He and his wife did set up a nice charity and think tank type of thing.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2019, 9:00 am

Any "Rags-to-Riches" story impresses me. Even the "Rags-to-Middle-Class" stories by Horatio Alger impress me.

Trump as a person?  Mneh ... not so much ...

:roll:

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

TheCherokeeRosePrince
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Nov 2019, 9:03 am

Quote:
He also is like a sulky child when things don’t go his way.

Trump's birth cards in tarot are The Emperor and Death and also the 3 of Diamonds in cartomancy.

Being a spoiled demanding brat with poor impulse control fits very well into his card readings.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2019, 9:42 am

Trump started with nothing , and made a billion.

Not bad.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2019, 9:43 am

LoveNotHate wrote:
Trump started with nothing and made a billion...
We won't really know unless he releases his tax returns.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2019, 10:00 am

Trump DID NOT start with "nothing."

He started with a million dollar loan from his father. He said this himself.

His father, Fred, was a real-estate magnate, just like Trump himself was.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2019, 10:05 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Trump DID NOT start with "nothing."

He started with a million dollar loan from his father. He said this himself.

His father, Fred, was a real-estate magnate, just like Trump himself was.

He started over in bankruptcy.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2019, 10:14 am

You like Trump....and I don't care for him.

So you might try to sway the argument in his favor; and I might try to sway the argument to his disfavor.

But what I seek, really, is to be as objective as possible.

MagicKnight
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Nov 2019, 10:22 am

It really depends who the billionaires in question would be but I don't have any particular fondness for wealthy and famous people in general. I am averse to cults of personality. Do they have money? That's good for them. That's all I think.

Now, I have to say there must be something very wrong with people who lose fortunes multiple times and manage to stay rich. They're fishy and I don't buy them.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2019, 10:24 am

LoveNotHate wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
Trump DID NOT start with "nothing".  He started with a million dollar loan from his father. He said this himself.  His father, Fred, was a real-estate magnate, just like Trump himself was.
He started over in bankruptcy.
... no less than 4 times!

:lol: Some businessman...

TheCherokeeRosePrince
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Nov 2019, 10:27 am

I don't care at all about the rich and famous elitists like Trump because many of them seem like egotistic jerks who buy their way out of any problem and are completely indifferent towards the suffering of the poor. And the common people who actually worship and admire them seem so annoyingly ignorant to me. No offense. :|

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2019, 10:33 am

Mine favourite was probably Bill Gates, because most likely he had Asperger like most of us, yet he managed to force others to bow to their will "My way or the highway" :D

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2019, 10:38 am

The "my way or the highway" sorts of people are the ones who are going to doom our species.

TheCherokeeRosePrince
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Nov 2019, 10:53 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
The "my way or the highway" sorts of people are the ones who are going to doom our species.

Exxxxactly!