Marianne Williamson lays off entire campaign staff

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2020, 7:16 pm

CBS News

Quote:
Democratic presidential candidate Marianne Williamson has laid off her entire campaign staff, her former New Hampshire state director Paul Hodes confirmed to CBS News. But Williamson is not expected to completely exit the race — at least, not yet.

"To the contrary," Hodes said in a telephone interview. "My understanding is that she plans to continue."

Williamson appeared at the first Democratic presidential debates over the summer, but failed to meet the fundraising and polling thresholds to appear at later exchanges. She has not qualified for the January 14 debate in Iowa.

Williamson is an author who has dismissed characterizations of her as a "spiritual guru," telling Major Garrett on "The Takeout" podcast earlier this year that referring to her in this way is "dismissive" and makes her seem "like I'm a less intelligent thinker, a little woo-woo." Instead, she argued that her emphasis on spirituality is what made her a strong and viable presidential candidate. Williamson, who made some of her personal income off spiritual renewal and self-help books, has made a mark in the crowded Democratic field with her unique phrasing and messaging.

Williamson ran a campaign that largely declined to criticize her Democratic opponents, instead highlighting the need for unity and kindness.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2020, 8:58 pm

I honestly didn't even know she was still in the race. It seems like she hasn't been mentioned in the media in weeks.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2020, 1:34 am

Magna wrote:
I honestly didn't even know she was still in the race. It seems like she hasn't been mentioned in the media in weeks.

It's part of the media's "all candidates other than Biden are POSs" strategy.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2020, 11:27 am

Tim_Tex wrote:
Magna wrote:

It's part of the media's "all candidates other than Biden are POSs" strategy.

It does seem that way. That goes against the view that some people still maintain, that the media and the democratic party are not unified and are entirely independent of each other.