Why can't you make attacks on groups of people?

Page 2 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2020, 8:09 pm

Persephone29 wrote:
This is what I've learned from my most recent 5 day ban from WP. Maybe it was longer, I don't know, I was busy. I cannot post scientific evidence to support my claim because someone, somewhere may read it and decide for themselves that it's a reason to bop someone over the head for it. After I was warned, I toned down my rhetoric. I stopped using curse words and stuck to the facts. I was to learn that the facts were the problem.

I was floored, confounded, shocked, and any number of other words used to describe 'incredulous.'

It's not clear if statistical data is "attack on a group".

I once posted US government statistical data about crime rates for illegal aliens (undocumented aliens).

A mod said that I was doing wrong for using this data to point out illegal aliens can be dangerous (something TRUMP does often).

Be the hero of your life.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2020, 8:19 pm

TheRobotLives wrote:
Persephone29 wrote:
This is what I've learned from my most recent 5 day ban from WP. Maybe it was longer, I don't know, I was busy. I cannot post scientific evidence to support my claim because someone, somewhere may read it and decide for themselves that it's a reason to bop someone over the head for it. After I was warned, I toned down my rhetoric. I stopped using curse words and stuck to the facts. I was to learn that the facts were the problem.

I was floored, confounded, shocked, and any number of other words used to describe 'incredulous.'

There was another group of people being harmed in my equation, but because they were not a special interest group, just regular people, it was accepted as part of what needed to happen so that the other group felt safe and included.

No where did I call for violence against anyone, I simply presented facts to show why what was being said was not accurate. Whap, boom, bam... someone is crying in a corner, sucking their thumb and I'm banned.

This is why the deplorables were born, people.

I once posted US government statistical data about crime rates for illegal aliens (undocumented aliens).

A mod said that I was doing wrong for using this data to point out illegal aliens can be dangerous (something TRUMP does often).

Dangerous compared to what though? citizens born and raised here can be dangerous to. I mean not sure they were correct about you being wrong to use that data, but what was your main point? As far as I know statistics and what not do not show that illegal immigrants are collectively more dangerous than legal citizens.

Also that is the problem kind of, how often trump feels the need to point it out, like sure as an observation in itself fine...but to continue going on about it even when statistical data does not really back up illegal immigrants being more dangerous than the general population does seem to be something more meant to inflame prejudices than really address anything.

TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2020, 8:59 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
TheRobotLives wrote:
Persephone29 wrote:

There was another group of people being harmed in my equation, but because they were not a special interest group, just regular people, it was accepted as part of what needed to happen so that the other group felt safe and included.

No where did I call for violence against anyone, I simply presented facts to show why what was being said was not accurate. Whap, boom, bam... someone is crying in a corner, sucking their thumb and I'm banned.

Dangerous compared to what though? citizens born and raised here can be dangerous to. I mean not sure they were correct about you being wrong to use that data, but what was your main point? As far as I know statistics and what not do not show that illegal immigrants are collectively more dangerous than legal citizens.

Also that is the problem kind of, how often trump feels the need to point it out, like sure as an observation in itself fine...but to continue going on about it even when statistical data does not really back up illegal immigrants being more dangerous than the general population does seem to be something more meant to inflame prejudices than really address anything.

This is an autism website.

So, I would think statements would be evaluated at face-value, and it's unfair to add qualification, interpretation, or assumptions of "hidden meaning".

When Trump visits families who have family members murdered by an illegal (undocumented) alien, the discussion is not comparative statistics, like you're trying to do, it's *absolute statistics*.

These people should not be here, they say.

So, this crime should of never have happened, they say.

Note: I have nothing against illegal (undocumented) immigrants. Often I am only arguing for the sake of logic.

Be the hero of your life.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2020, 10:56 pm

I'm sure that there are some members who think I'm deplorable, but hater's gonna hate.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2020, 11:09 pm

TheRobotLives wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
TheRobotLives wrote:
Persephone29 wrote:

This is an autism website.

So, I would think statements would be evaluated at face-value, and it's unfair to add qualification, interpretation, or assumptions of "hidden meaning".

When Trump visits families who have family members murdered by an illegal (undocumented) alien, the discussion is not comparative statistics, like you're trying to do, it's *absolute statistics*.

These people should not be here, they say.

So, this crime should of never have happened, they say.

Note: I have nothing against illegal (undocumented) immigrants. Often I am only arguing for the sake of logic.

Well I have not heard of Trump going out and specifically visiting families who had family member by illegal immigrants, just have not heard of it.

But I was just pointing out that I don't know of any statistics that really imply that illegal immigrants are more dangerous than citizens generally speaking.