Page 8 of 10 [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Do you follow the Cult of the Virgin Mary?
Absolutely! 7%  7%  [ 2 ]
I think it has some merit. 11%  11%  [ 3 ]
I don't care / I don't know. 19%  19%  [ 5 ]
I have serious doubts. 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
Absolutely Not! 59%  59%  [ 16 ]
Total votes : 27

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2020, 12:57 am

blooiejagwa wrote:
There’s a saying in Islam that as long as a people take care of their own including the weak ones , God will help them even if they dont believe in God.

Comparing East and west overall imo you will find more injustice and oppression in east... they often dont even bother trying

SMiLes; Just Anecdotal really from my Interactions with the Individuals in the Countries; they surely
All Have Lots of Problems with the Politics of their Countries; Some Desperately wanting to come to the
United States for Freedom. I surely agree with You here; and they would too, as far as i can see on these issues.
Albeit, they are all Female; and don't get the Same Benefits out of their Cultures as the Males do; a Major Issue
i hear about too...:)

I surely would not want to Live where there is not the Freedom We Enjoy here; the Freedom For Everyone; the
Freedom i do hope we manage to not take for Granted and Keep..:)

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2020, 1:46 pm

blazingstar wrote:
BenderRodriguez wrote:
blooiejagwa wrote:
There’s a saying in Islam that as long as a people take care of their own including the weak ones , God will help them even if they dont believe in God.

I subscribe to the view that "the true measure of any society can be found in how it treats its most vulnerable members".

Agreed. I remember the quote as being the true measure of civilization. I no longer remember where I heard it.

Sorry Im not sure I understand what you mean by I remember it as being but If its what Im guessing..

The same view can be stated in different cultures. By diff ppl.
Same truth applies.

The saying Im referring to is from centuries ago. Its quoted in books from centuries ago from diff countries.
Rumi, Ghazali, among others, directly quoted, paraphrased, and referred to it.

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2020, 1:51 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
It’s not necessarily because of Islam....it’s because of human greed, avarice, the whole 9 yards. Some Islamic countries have corrupted Islam. Saudi Arabia is not a paragon of Islam.

Same as when Christian countries practiced, or practiced, similar policies. Many Christian countries have corrupted Christianity.

Well it makes me extremely frustrated to think about how on the one hand you've got a ton of scholars sitting around debating whether the length of a garment should be at the calf or ankle...
but on the other you actually couldn't care less about real people though u have all the resources n money to increase public education and repair your unjust system..

you'd rather build malls.

AnneOleson
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2020, 4:17 pm

Wolfram87 wrote:
NPC is a gaming term that's made its way into non-gaming parlance. It stands for "non-player character" and in this context it's a derogatory term for someone who only repeats what they've been told to say without any thoughts of their own.

Thank you! Wow, it certainly is derogatory.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2020, 10:53 pm

aghogday wrote:
EzraS wrote:
aghogday wrote:
blooiejagwa wrote:
When you capitalize some but not all words,but often, it’s difficult for me to keep upwith what you were saying....

i apologize;
but it is my Nature;
it's hard for most
People to keep up with
me in Real Life when i speak too;
i find Dance a More Effective Language to Speak as far as reciprocal Communication
non-Verbal Returned as well; And My Method of Stimming is truly Super Cool and Art;
12,793 Miles of Public Dance in 78 Months; Truly a World Record Never Documented at least before.

The 7.8 Million Words
of Free Verse Poetic Words a bit
more of a complicated Special Interest for Folks to Comprehend;
but that is the Nature of Original Art that Lasts; Deeper than the Shallows of Before..:)

Smiles; anyway; thanks for the Social Reciprocal Communication; any Feed back here is nice..:)

I do not mean to be mean. But your posts are virtually unreadable because of the way you format them. I have pretty good reading comprehension, but I basically have no idea of what you are saying 99% of the time. You might as well be writing in Esperanto.

i find this Fascinating; People from the United States can't understand it; but on the other Hand,
People From the Middle East and India Understand every word; Obviously there is something Missing here.

(the East it appears at least)

Trust me no offense; i can't count the number of times that folks in other Countries
Call it Profound Genius; but i'm surely not going to water it down; as it isJust just me.

Just seems a waste cranking out thousands of words that do not really say anything and most people are never going to read. I think perhaps those folks calling it profound genius are pulling your leg. Their version of "cool story bro".

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2020, 1:38 am

EzraS wrote:
aghogday wrote:
EzraS wrote:
aghogday wrote:
blooiejagwa wrote:
When you capitalize some but not all words,but often, it’s difficult for me to keep upwith what you were saying....

i apologize;
but it is my Nature;
it's hard for most
People to keep up with
me in Real Life when i speak too;
i find Dance a More Effective Language to Speak as far as reciprocal Communication
non-Verbal Returned as well; And My Method of Stimming is truly Super Cool and Art;
12,793 Miles of Public Dance in 78 Months; Truly a World Record Never Documented at least before.

The 7.8 Million Words
of Free Verse Poetic Words a bit
more of a complicated Special Interest for Folks to Comprehend;
but that is the Nature of Original Art that Lasts; Deeper than the Shallows of Before..:)

Smiles; anyway; thanks for the Social Reciprocal Communication; any Feed back here is nice..:)

I do not mean to be mean. But your posts are virtually unreadable because of the way you format them. I have pretty good reading comprehension, but I basically have no idea of what you are saying 99% of the time. You might as well be writing in Esperanto.

i find this Fascinating; People from the United States can't understand it; but on the other Hand,
People From the Middle East and India Understand every word; Obviously there is something Missing here.

(the East it appears at least)

Trust me no offense; i can't count the number of times that folks in other Countries
Call it Profound Genius; but i'm surely not going to water it down; as it isJust just me.

Just seems a waste cranking out thousands of words that do not really say anything and most people are never going to read. I think perhaps those folks calling it profound genius are pulling your leg. Their version of "cool story bro".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifCWN5pJGIE

i don't hang around people who lie;

Not my style;

Just noting the Facts; and sure, you can check my Blogs out
if You like, and See the Tally of Hundreds of Thousands of Views;
Just in One of Seven Different ones; that doesn't lie either...

Never the less, i write for the Fun of it; yes, just for the fun of it.

You can also check out around 1300 comments from a Viral
Video of My Public Dance Documented as well, from one of the Video Voyeurs who follow me around
From my Metro Community that assesses me as Hero and Legend; etc. etc. etc... in 12,818 Miles of Public Dance
now in 78 Months; and sure, a few 'Stuck in the Mud Folks' get a bit afraid of a 240 Pound Dude Dancing in Public too;
There are Lovers and Haters in life; nothing new; God Yes, Open minded folks; and very closed minded folks too.
Very rarely do the closed minded folks Understand much of what i do; to be expected as Science Shows now too.

Never the Less; not unlike Forrest Gump; i do that Just for Fun too.

Dude; i'm married to a Beautiful Woman; and am Financially Independent;

That's really Enough Blessing For me;

The Rest of it is Just Icing on the Cake other folks have offered up to me;

i surely Never Asked for any of it;

As far as anyone pulling my Leg; considering that i still Leg Press 1520 American Pounds
at 90 Degrees, for 8 Reps; and have the YouTube Video Proof of 1340 American Pounds at 90 Degrees
for 12 Reps, in a duration of a Very Slow 100 Seconds of Effort; not likely anyone, you know at least,
could Pull my Leg; literally as such of course.

i don't leave home without the Proof;

Just because you don't understand me; does not mean that other folks don't get it; 'the World' is a much bigger place.

Oh, there is one other thing; and lots of other stuff; but let's conserve space; over 2000 Photos of Beautiful Women
That Appreciate the Dance of me Very Much that are also Documented too smiling ear to ear with me as well;
i suppose some folks think that the Dance is A waste of time too; but nah; it's not.

Here is just Two Links below for the Tip of the Iceberg at close to 60 Years-Old.

Come back and tell me what you accomplish in life when you get to my age;

i'll Still be Dancing...
And Writing...
Just for Fun...

With or without any external rewards at all; nothing i do is a waste of time; the Journey is the Bliss all the way, NOW.

In case, you aren't familiar With the Phrase 'Autotelic Flow'; in other Words, the Kingdom of Heaven Within, NOW;
That is Generated and Mastered by Relative Free Will; and tons of practice to keep the Heaven Journey REAL NOW.

THREE WORDS:

Life is Good;
And sure, 2000 Plus
More Photos Just like that
included in my 7.8 Million Word Epic Free Verse Poem accomplished
in 78 Months; And yes, this too; Smiles; just for 'the Record Book' even more..;)

Just Showing You a tiny bit of what is Humanly Possible; that most folks can't fathom in Life for real.

It is inspires most folks i meet in 'real life', who are confident in themselves; and generally speaking really Happy.

But of course, Just one Photo speaks more than all the Words ever written in recorded History too; Just Human Bliss;

Yes by God; Heaven on a Young Woman's Face; the Joy 'one' Brings to Her AND OTHERS without a Word; Just Dance.

Smiles; i write to rest my Feet; Smiles; i come here to rest my Happiness; hehe; Can't afford to get too Naturally High..;)

Oh, one other Thing; Free Flowing Autotelic Meditative Writing and Dancing is assessed by Science as Literally a Fountain
of Youth too; this all in synergy allows me to achieve more and more of my Human Potential as No one can keep up
with me at the Dance Hall or the Military Gym i work-out at; that's almost hard for me to believe; but not impossible,
considering i both do it; and record the case-evidence study as i go; others have done this too; but technology allows
me to do that more too; as far as case-evidence study continues to accumulate and grow....

This ain't no Myth; This ain't No Cult; Human Potential Far Exceeds anything for Real written in Old Sacred Texts now.

In other Words, to top it all off; this is also on topic too.

And as far as the 'Cult of the Virgin Mary' goes; every Woman should know/believe her Son Will do more than me too...

But it will probably take close to the Faith of A Mother in A Son; as my Mother Had in me; all this still deserves a song;

But Her Name is Helen; Actors Change; Human Archetypes remain.

To Be Crystal Clear; my Name is Just Frederick; in German, it Means Peaceful Ruler..;)

https://katiemiafrederick.files.wordpre ... 2048_o.jpg

https://katiemiafrederick.files.wordpre ... 1808_o.jpg

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2020, 6:46 pm

8O
I think bcuz of me initially... but this thread took an unexpected turn.

Sorry Fnord

B19
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2020, 6:59 pm

Posts from obsessed members of religious sects about their beliefs was something I never anticipated as a newcomer to Wrong Planet. Fortunately the exposures have been relatively few but they still seem out of place to me. I can understand that people enjoy discussing social and cultural and political impacts of religious sects here, but when it crosses over into fervent worship-type posts, prosetylising and proclaiming, it makes me feel as if I am on another kind of wrong planet. Personally it feels to me like a serious WP boundary is breeched by that behaviour and I can't persuade myself that Alex ever intended the forum to be used in that way.

There are plenty of forums for religious people of all persuasions online, and I would prefer that WP stays secular and members wanting to share their fervent worship for religious icons found somewhere more appropriate to that goal than WP.

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2020, 7:02 pm

You always have the option not to read them. The way I don't frequent the threads that insult Muslims here even though I know they exist since a member messaged me .

B19
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2020, 7:07 pm

Hmmm - the problem is that you don't know what any post is going to be about until you have read it. After initial encounters, yes you can try to avoid further exposures, though moderators can't always do this either.

Basically I don't think WP is a place for proselytising. Discussion of the bigger picture of cult belief, yes, proselytising though goes too far for me.

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2020, 7:09 pm

You say exposure in a strange way like it is radiation when it isn't. If I glimpse something that disgusts and repels me on WP I just get away from it...
Esp if it's got hints of looking down on someone else..

I'm guessing there's been some really bad experiences related to religion for you. But other people with ASD have found great comfort in it.
So yeah

B19
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2020, 7:36 pm

No, that's not the case: I haven't had any bad religious experiences apart from the annoying door knocking of proseltylisers from the Mormon church. I couldn't call them bad religious experiences, just nuisances. My experience though limited has been positive - I have a close friend, a Dominican who was a Mother Superior in the Catholic Church for many years before leaving. I enjoy her friendship and she retains her beliefs to some extent, though doesn't impose them on me at all. She's a delight.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2020, 11:59 pm

isn't PP&R the more proper place for proselytizing? and the last time the LDS [for some reason they hate being called "mormon" now :scratch: ] knocked on my door, i hid behind a couch. ;) [i was little]

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2020, 12:03 am

B19 wrote:
No, that's not the case: I haven't had any bad religious experiences apart from the annoying door knocking of proseltylisers from the Mormon church. I couldn't call them bad religious experiences, just nuisances. My experience though limited has been positive - I have a close friend, a Dominican who was a Mother Superior in the Catholic Church for many years before leaving. I enjoy her friendship and she retains her beliefs to some extent, though doesn't impose them on me at all. She's a delight.

Definitely... the people that don't impose but exemplify the best of what they believe are a delight.. At least you feel at ease knowing you're being treated as a person and not a project.

I had bad experiences with religious ppl personally which is why I stopped praying 5 times a day etc.

But I still like to talk about religion and find out what people say. What the overlaps are.

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2020, 12:12 am

auntblabby wrote:
isn't PP&R the more proper place for proselytizing? and the last time the LDS [for some reason they hate being called "mormon" now :scratch: ] knocked on my door, i hid behind a couch. ;) [i was little]

Haha .

My sister's friends from her dorm shared funny stories of her inviting them in for tea and then sitting while they discussed their beliefs. Then she would takr their reading material in exchange for them taking a copy of the Quran.
She sees everything in life like that (exchanging info n learning).

Actually there was a lady pursuing me constantly on random weekends.. She wd come n say oh I saw your car so I came by..

then she brought in a young single mom with her lovely son too to share her testimonial (though i never asked)..

Then we were discussing nicely (the young mom n i) and then I was sharing the overlap in our beliefs..

we were talking pleasantly...

At that, the original lady got so mad and pulled her away saying we have to go now..

I was simply doing back n forth conversation. But i guess the original lady misread my intent. Even though i was careful not to say anything pushy n was listening n affirming in a polite way...more than anything..

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2020, 12:18 am

blooiejagwa wrote:
we were talking pleasantly...At that, the original lady got so mad and pulled her away saying we have to go now..I was simply doing back n forth conversation. But i guess the original lady misread my intent. Even though i was careful not to say anything pushy n was listening n affirming in a polite way...more than anything..

took her awhile to realize that you were not gonna fall in line. some folk can't handle diversity. they are better off living in a monoculture.