Corona makes me feel that humanity has it all wrong

Page 5 of 8 [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 42,805
Location: Stendec

06 Mar 2020, 9:59 am

cubedemon6073 wrote:
Fnord, she wanted what your take on it was not the dictionary definition ... I don't give two shits what wikpedia or websters says even though I do make use of them. And, neither did she.
I saw no request from her for "Opinions Only; No Facts, Please", thus my factual replies.


_________________
 
“I must acknowledge, once and for all, that the
purpose of diplomacy is to prolong a crisis.”

— Leonard Nimoy as Mr. Spock, in the Star Trek
episode "The Mark of Gideon" (ep. 3.16, 1969)


cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 7 Nov 2008
Age: 41
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,517

06 Mar 2020, 10:39 am

Fnord wrote:
cubedemon6073 wrote:
... Imagine if you will one could copy certain parts of the brain, transmit this configuration over a network and rework parts of another brain using this micro-surgery. In effect, the part of the brain that stores the memory of how women feel on their periods. Imagine being able to copy the configuration of this and then doing micro-surgery on a man's brain so the man could feel what a woman feels.
More science-fiction. The movies "Johnny Mnemonic" and "Total Recall" riffed on this general theme, as did Neuromancer and several other science-fiction novels.


Again, no imagination! No sense of wonder! Why can't some of the stuff in Sci-Fi be possible at all? B/c it doesn't fit into your worldview as to what you consider to be fact. Even science is self correcting.

And, I've read the books and seen the movies.

At one time, the tech we have today was once sci-fi.



Last edited by cubedemon6073 on 06 Mar 2020, 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 7 Nov 2008
Age: 41
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,517

06 Mar 2020, 10:42 am

Fnord wrote:
cubedemon6073 wrote:
Fnord, she wanted what your take on it was not the dictionary definition ... I don't give two shits what wikpedia or websters says even though I do make use of them. And, neither did she.
I saw no request from her for "Opinions Only; No Facts, Please", thus my factual replies.


Fnord, well that's how I interpreted what she was asking for. Yet, you gave a condescending and snarky answer like a lot of times in your responses.

Of course we can go in and google it or look in the dictionary but when we or at least I ask we're asking for what you say it is. Your interpretation.



Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 42,805
Location: Stendec

06 Mar 2020, 10:44 am

cubedemon6073 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
cubedemon6073 wrote:
Fnord, she wanted what your take on it was not the dictionary definition ... I don't give two shits what wikpedia or websters says even though I do make use of them. And, neither did she.
I saw no request from her for "Opinions Only; No Facts, Please", thus my factual replies.
Fnord, well that's how I interpreted what she was asking for...
Your "interpretations" do not dictate my behavior.


_________________
 
“I must acknowledge, once and for all, that the
purpose of diplomacy is to prolong a crisis.”

— Leonard Nimoy as Mr. Spock, in the Star Trek
episode "The Mark of Gideon" (ep. 3.16, 1969)


cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 7 Nov 2008
Age: 41
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,517

06 Mar 2020, 10:47 am

Fnord wrote:
cubedemon6073 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
cubedemon6073 wrote:
Fnord, she wanted what your take on it was not the dictionary definition ... I don't give two shits what wikpedia or websters says even though I do make use of them. And, neither did she.
I saw no request from her for "Opinions Only; No Facts, Please", thus my factual replies.
Fnord, well that's how I interpreted what she was asking for...
Your "interpretations" do not dictate my behavior.


Of course not! Your own "interpretations" dictate your own behavior.



Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 42,805
Location: Stendec

06 Mar 2020, 10:50 am

cubedemon6073 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
cubedemon6073 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
cubedemon6073 wrote:
Fnord, she wanted what your take on it was not the dictionary definition ... I don't give two shits what wikpedia or websters says even though I do make use of them. And, neither did she.
I saw no request from her for "Opinions Only; No Facts, Please", thus my factual replies.
Fnord, well that's how I interpreted what she was asking for...
Your "interpretations" do not dictate my behavior.
Of course not! Your own "interpretations" dictate your own behavior.
My opinions are fact-based, not based on fantasy and subjective feelings.

Now, please get off my back. I am not the only member who has reported your behavior.


_________________
 
“I must acknowledge, once and for all, that the
purpose of diplomacy is to prolong a crisis.”

— Leonard Nimoy as Mr. Spock, in the Star Trek
episode "The Mark of Gideon" (ep. 3.16, 1969)


cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 7 Nov 2008
Age: 41
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,517

06 Mar 2020, 11:04 am

As an aside, if I wanted to prove a house was haunted I would bring Fnord, James Randi and others like them.

Anyway, back to OP topic.



cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 7 Nov 2008
Age: 41
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,517

06 Mar 2020, 11:07 am

Fnord wrote:
cubedemon6073 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
cubedemon6073 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
cubedemon6073 wrote:
Fnord, she wanted what your take on it was not the dictionary definition ... I don't give two shits what wikpedia or websters says even though I do make use of them. And, neither did she.
I saw no request from her for "Opinions Only; No Facts, Please", thus my factual replies.
Fnord, well that's how I interpreted what she was asking for...
Your "interpretations" do not dictate my behavior.
Of course not! Your own "interpretations" dictate your own behavior.
My opinions are fact-based, not based on fantasy and subjective feelings.

Now, please get off my back. I am not the only member who has reported your behavior.


That's fine! I will leave you alone.



cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 7 Nov 2008
Age: 41
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,517

06 Mar 2020, 11:13 am

I will like to say this in general to the WP audience. If anyone has an issue with me then please say it to me here or in PM. If I have broken any WP rules recently then I have not received any warning from any mod at all. So, if I've done anything wrong then I don't know what I did wrong. So, if a mod is willing to explain the rules I've broken and give concrete examples to where I broke them at I would appreciate it from them.

And, I'm rarely on here these days. So, what would be the material that they reported me on.



Teach51
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Jan 2019
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,539
Location: Where angels do not fear to tread.

06 Mar 2020, 12:18 pm

Guys, I don't have a problem with either of you, the opposite, I like you both very much. I agree that of course I can look up anything I like on google or Wikipedia, suggesting that I do so could be interpreted as equating me to a retard, or, as I chose to believe, providing an innocent solution to my question. Of course I wanted a synopsis that I could comprehend as I am not scientifically adept. Cube was correct, I wanted a simple breakdown that was comprehensible.

It is symbolic that you are both "butting heads"
on a thread that cries out for harmony, and laments humanitys' inability to coexist in its diversity of ideas and opinions. I agree that you, Fnord may not have a great imagination or particular tolerance of esoteric beliefs and spiritual matters and that is your right, but many a visionary has been imprisoned or burned at the stake over the centuries for theories that were later proven to be fact or at least accepted as possible. I value you both cube and Fnord, but my thread is of course "philosopical" and is expressing my emotions of frustration and also my own personal speculations, so contesting the content of this thread and its participants for being whimsical or far fetched is counter- productive to put it mildly :D Please don't break down my words and analyse them, I think in circles, contradict myself on occasion and frequently exaggerate. Not every discussion needs to be a heated debate of for and against. :heart:


_________________
My best will just have to be good enough.


cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 7 Nov 2008
Age: 41
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,517

06 Mar 2020, 12:31 pm

Teach51 wrote:
Guys, I don't have a problem with either of you, the opposite, I like you both very much. I agree that of course I can look up anything I like on google or Wikipedia, suggesting that I do so could be interpreted as equating me to a retard, or, as I chose to believe, providing an innocent solution to my question. Of course I wanted a synopsis that I could comprehend as I am not scientifically adept. Cube was correct, I wanted a simple breakdown that was comprehensible.

It is symbolic that you are both "butting heads"
on a thread that cries out for harmony, and laments humanitys' inability to coexist in its diversity of ideas and opinions. I agree that you, Fnord may not have a great imagination or particular tolerance of esoteric beliefs and spiritual matters and that is your right, but many a visionary has been imprisoned or burned at the stake over the centuries for theories that were later proven to be fact or at least accepted as possible. I value you both cube and Fnord, but my thread is of course "philosopical" and is expressing my emotions of frustration and also my own personal speculations, so contesting the content of this thread and its participants for being whimsical or far fetched is counter- productive to put it mildly :D Please don't break down my words and analyse them, I think in circles, contradict myself on occasion and frequently exaggerate. Not every discussion needs to be a heated debate of for and against. :heart:


I'm cool with everything you said here.

Ya, you're right it is symbolic and it is also ironic. I was angry and upset before but now I'm not. I'm actually laughing now :lol:



Teach51
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Jan 2019
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,539
Location: Where angels do not fear to tread.

06 Mar 2020, 12:44 pm

Good. Cos it really is funny :D


_________________
My best will just have to be good enough.


kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 67,300
Location: Queens, NYC

06 Mar 2020, 12:56 pm

CubeDemon hasn't done anything that merits him being banned-----that's for sure.



cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 7 Nov 2008
Age: 41
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,517

06 Mar 2020, 1:08 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
CubeDemon hasn't done anything that merits him being banned-----that's for sure.


Ya, I don't think I've done anything. In the end though it is up to Alex and the mods to decide.

But, I will leave Fnord alone like he requests though.



cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 7 Nov 2008
Age: 41
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,517

06 Mar 2020, 1:26 pm

Teach51 wrote:
Why can't people celebrate life and get along with each other above all our different religions and political views? I think the Corona virus is very humbling, we are destroying nature and nature is showing us who's really in charge. We have been given so much and all we do is destroy the planet and each other. This is a wake up call from nature to start to appreciate what we take for granted. We are so arrogant, why are we so stupid ? As we approach Passover, it feels like the entire world is going through the Plagues of Egypt.


Let's get back to Teach's OP.

I agree with everything you say here and I do wish we as people would celebrate life and get along. I do hope humanity gets better. I guess we could do somethings in our communities.

You may love this song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmiXbSr2KMU