Page 6 of 9 [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2020, 9:22 am

Second Part of Comment:

Of Course Bill Gates and Steve Jobs; Are Well Documented
with similar Work-Place Leader Challenges.

Different Strokes for Different Folks.

Life or Death Consequences too;
If the Wrong People are in the Jobs they are not 'overall' 'fit' to do.

For Trump, A Friend Is a Tool That Never Fails Him.

For Me i Feel the Same About A Dentist or a Surgeon; but surely not a Close Friend;
As i understand What Human Means; Ups and Downs; Strikes And Gutter Balls As the
Bowling Ball Turns; Generally Speaking for Humanity, overall at least; Bowling Alone S88KS.

Trump And Elon Musk Have That In Common; They Love Bowling Alone as Long as they Get Applause;
Generally Speaking of course; only from what i've observed of the Spectrum of their Human Behaviors and
Non-Verbal Language; and the such.

Most Mental Illness, yes, generally speaking; Roots in Deficits of Emotional Regulation; And Poor Integration of Senses.

Human Emotions and Senses Are Not Easily A Repeatable Measurable Experiment that we can Observe and Replicate;
No Duh; Of course not; As Humans Have an Inner World that does not necessarily reflect in any Observable Way Now,
by others who surround them.

Physician Heal Thyself;
Some Folks Cure their Internal Ills and some folks do not;
Recognizing the Benefits of Other ways of Feeling the World
Is surely a way to Make, Break, Or Never Find a Human 'Soul' Now.

For some of us, it's obvious what folks are Missing.
Others of Us Don't Have a Clue 'in Hell' what is Wrong.

Generally, in the Deep South and Other
Desert Scarcity Tribal Religion Places (Midwest, Middle East, Etc.); Emotions in Men
Are Impoverished as 'Those Flowers' are never fully 'Gardened'; As Empathy Gets in the
Way of Killing if Necessary, to Gain Subsistence Competing in Places of Scarcity for Survival;
Brutally Slaughtering Animals With Feelings too; Back On the 'Farm Boy', 'Good Old Boy' Places too.

Voila, in General, Another Stereotype (overall): the Base of 'Trump' 'Voters' for the Last 12,000 or so Years;
Since the 'Advent of Agrarian Societies'; Let's Push that back even farther in Some ways to Nomadic Herders,
40,000 Years or so too; Bonobos are Still More Love Advanced; They Generally Speaking Love That Way Together
In a 'Wood Stock' That doesn't Even Need Any Big Bands or Illegal Substances to Get the Job of Love done each
and every day; again, in Peace And Harmony; without Even any Coke, New Coke, Or Diet Pepsi to Lift them up
And In And Out of Tribe Joy; Yes, Making Love each and every day 'Simply' Does the Trick and Treat of Life
in Survive and Naked Thrive.

Who Made Who;
To Be or Not to Be;
Those are two Questions and Many More;
Where some of us see 'both answers' or do not;
Generally Speaking, a Great 'Pre-Dictator' of who
votes for who in 'Whoville' on 'Top of {the Mountain}'.
Hint: The Place Where Everyone is the Grinch, Yet to Be ReBorn or First Born With a Bigger Heart.

^^^

Note: almost no one here, will understand the Metaphor Above;
Except for maybe 'AC/DC' and Other Folks Who Spend a Life of Art
And Emotional Intelligence As Life Paramount; Other than 'Book Learning';
Dentistry, And Surgery; And the such; Generally Speaking of course, Use it or lose counts in all stuff life.

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

thinkinginpictures
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2020, 9:41 am

It seems I must clarify what _I_ mean by the definition of a psychopath. And my definition, term or use of words may be wrong. But the people I want locked up in labor camps are not autistics, schizophrenics etc.

The ones who should be locked away in labor camps, are "people" who enjoys to intentionally cause harm - physical or psychological - to an unoffending/blameless/innocent victim.

It could be anything from a criminal act (violence, murder) to non-criminal acts (bullying).
What matters to me is not the actual crime.

What matters to me is that these "people" are worthless beings, who deserves no rights, because they enjoy
knowing when innocent victims don't feel well.

A murderer who killed his/her caregiver, because he/she was scared of a monster and hallucinated, is way, way, WAY worth more to society, than any psychopath, regardless of its (the psychopath's) criminal record.

Last edited by thinkinginpictures on 12 May 2020, 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

12 May 2020, 9:44 am

thinkinginpictures wrote:
It seems I must clarify what _I_ mean by the definition of a psychopath. And my definition, term or use of words may be wrong. But the people I want locked up in labor camps are not autistics, schizophrenics etc.

The ones who should be locked away in labor camps, are "people" who enjoys to intentionally cause harm - physical or psychological - to a unoffending/blameless/innocent victim.

It could be anything from a criminal act (violence, murder) to non-criminal acts (bullying).

What matters to me is that these "people" are worthless beings, who deserves no rights, because they enjoy

A murderer who killed his/her caregiver, because he/she was scared of a monster and hallucinated, is way, way, WAY worth more to society, than any psychopath, regardless of its (the psychopath's) criminal record.

And you believe it can be determined with a brain scan?

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

thinkinginpictures
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2020, 9:47 am

magz wrote:

I thought it could. If it can, it definitely should be tried on large-scale.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2020, 9:48 am

The ones who should be locked away in labor camps, are "people" who enjoys to intentionally cause harm - physical or psychological - to an unoffending/blameless/innocent victim.

Science Already Shows
the Brain Scan Thingie Will Not Work;
Case Closed; Jury out; We Have Prisons For this other Kinda thingie.
Environment is not Going Away; and Environment Will Always Potentially Make a Change.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

12 May 2020, 9:53 am

magz wrote:

I thought it could. If it can, it definitely should be tried on large-scale.

It can't.
While primary psychopathy is a neurological trait, far from everyone possessing it becomes what you describe.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2020, 10:20 am

Back to the Asperger's Thingie and Hans Asperger's Original 'Autistic Psychopathy' That
Eventually Was Transformed into Asperger's Syndrome by the Likes of the 'Gillberg Criteria';
And How the United States with the DSMIV Changed it into Basically 'Autism Lite' And Now
We Have even More of a Generally Speaking Coverall List of Behavioral Deficits to Capture the Entire
Label of Autism Spectrum Disorders;

More to the Point of Longitudinal Case Studies
of Hans Asperger's Patients; Some of which did have
Verbal Delays in Speaking that the Gillberg Criteria Kept;
And According to Michelle Dawson with Studies of Children
With Or Without Verbal Delays in Speaking; What She Found In Her Research
is that Children With Delays in Speaking often Excelled Later with Fluid Intelligence
Over the Kind of Crystalized Intelligence More Specific to Standard IQ Tests then and now.

When Hans Asperger's 'Autistic Psychopathy' Patients Were Assessed Later in Age; Researchers found
that many excelled in Niche's they Found and were actually doing better than their Peers in Success in life.

Smiles;
Can You
Spell me; And Sure
'Vermont Savant' up there
as i continue to Observe his
Strides in Human Potential too;
In the Last 9 Years and 6 Months of Observing him here;
Interestingly, Most everyone else Presents the same level
of Human Verbal Intelligence; Really, i find it Fascinating.

i didn't speak until 4;
i make the Gillberg Grade of Asperger's
Syndrome and My Psychiatrist eventually received
enough Knowledge from me to appropriately diagnose me
with Asperger's Syndrome until the DSM5 Generalized the Disorder even more;
Where it is all diluted in one Soup of what actually is not the same thing at all.
It doesn't matter where i go; i eventually become the Teacher; for those who are humble enough to wanna learn.

Whether or not Someone Excels in Fluid Intelligence in Life Literally does or does not make an Entirely Different Human
Being From What Will Be Empirically Measured by Science in Terms of Behavior and Actual Real Life Effective Results.

Stuff Like Financially Independent
By Middle Age; Named A Legend by
the Metro Audience Just for a Hobby one
Does for fun by the point of one Year of effort from age 53 to 54.
Sure; the list goes on, Strongest Legs; Leg Pressing in the Military Gym at close to 60
in terms of what is still on YouTube at a 90 Degree Angle, 1340 Pounds Very Slowly in 100 Seconds Duration.
Now i realize most no one gives a Cr8p in this Discussion about what i am saying here; but i've received enough PM's
From Parents of Children Similar to me as a non-verbal Child at age 4; where my Story IN FACT gives them at least a
bit of hope
that one
day their
Child we be named
a Legend and the 'Adult Child'
Will Say; So what; i'm just having fun living;
No Different Really Than 'Forrest Gump; the
Fictional Character who sort of portrayed me;
Isn't that the Key; Having fun living NoW; or what
Kind of Kool Aid is the rest of Humanity drinking.
i don't Need Any Applause for Writing an 8 MiLLioN
Word Epic Longest Long Form Poem Bible in the History
of Humankind; 5 times over the Effort of Second place in
India at 1.8 MiLLioN Words; i don't need any applause for
Public Dancing Now 13,144 Miles in the Same 80 Months;
But By God i Prove with Irrefutable Evidence that Life WILL GET BETTER
AT LEAST for some folks who do not just stick with the Labels they are given in life.

On top of that; every thing i do, every step, every breath i'm killing the Fear and the Hate with simple Bliss
of Flow in Ecstasy of Joy; It's Not Up or Down; It's a River that Eternally Breathes Free Meandering to the
'Good Place' always now.
But Again, now, i realize where i am
Now; i have NO difficulty seeing This NoW;
Just another 3 Letter Word Joy God Who Breathes
me and Potentially 'You' a little bit more too FOR REAL NOW

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2020, 10:24 am

But there was a time when asocials and schizoids were locked up,maybe we shouldn't judge.

There was a time when extreme withdrawnness was viewed as psychopathy,maybe we shouldn't judge.

That's all I'm saying :|

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2020, 10:41 am

If psychopathy can be tested through brain scan of any kind, why don't we ask every person aged 18 to undergo a compulsory brain test for psychopathy?

If positive, the individual should be incarcerated for life, regardless of criminal record - or even lack thereof.

No, that sounds like a horrific violation of civil rights that would need stopped any any means necessary.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2020, 10:43 am

Any time you're advocating for rounding up a portion of the population and denying them basic civil liberties for the rest of their lives with no means of appeal, not for something they've done but because of something innate, you're not the good guy.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2020, 11:06 am

There seems to be some different conclusions as to what is sociopath or a psychopath,from what I've read.

What seems to come is that a psychopath is more normal in presentation to the world.

Where as sociopaths have more trouble dealing with everyday life and have more issues with rage and anger.And present to the world as more disfuctional.

It still seems like a splitting of samantic hairs and it doesn't feel like these definitions will hold true in 30 years and psychology will redefine them.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2020, 11:11 am

vermontsavant wrote:
There seems to be some different conclusions as to what is sociopath or a psychopath,from what I've read.

What seems to come is that a psychopath is more normal in presentation to the world.

Where as sociopaths have more trouble dealing with everyday life and have more issues with rage and anger.And present to the world as more disfuctional.

It still seems like a splitting of samantic hairs and it doesn't feel like these definitions will hold true in 30 years and psychology will redefine them.

Neither psychopath nor sociopath are in current use as diagnostic terms by any psychiatric or psychological organization, so it's just bickering over pop culture slang anyways; the terms aren't valid jargon anymore.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2020, 11:14 am

vermontsavant wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
Do you believe Asperger believed in “Nazi psychology”?
No

In the end it does not matter if he went along because he had to or he wanted to he went along with it and named his condition a psychopathy based on the Nazi understanding of the term not on how WP members in 2020 wish to define the term.

His contributions to understanding autism are part of the reason we are where we are today. That should never be forgotten and he should not be erased from autism history and our history. But the days of attributing heroic motives to the guy should be over. Asperger as saintly hero probably was a necessary myth at a time when Aspies were just finding out they were autistics and not horribly flawed of character. Those myths have bern debunked by two historians with expertise in the period. What they found should not be erased either.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2020, 1:06 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:

Neither psychopath nor sociopath are in current use as diagnostic terms by any psychiatric or psychological organization, so it's just bickering over pop culture slang anyways; the terms aren't valid jargon anymore.

Psychology is a fly by night philosophical pursuit,the profound of one era is the shamed and debunked of the next era.

It's almost like computer technology,it obsoletes itself before it's even established.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2020, 3:58 am

vermontsavant wrote:
I want to clarify to those who argued or criticized my mention of psychopathy and autism,my point was this:

The OP said that sociopath's should be put in preventative detention or put in some work camp up on the North Korea/China border LOL.

My only point was that there was a time when autism was associated with psychopathy (since debunked) and that the OP should then take a "judge not lest ye be judged" attitude.That was my point I was trying to make by bring up "autistic psychopathy in childhood".

I was just saying we were once viewed in the light of psychopathy,so don't judge.

As far as the Mcdonald triad goes,I am not absolutley saying it's right,I am not sure I see a connection with bed wetting and murder,the others maybe.

I was just pointing out that the psyche community puts more stake in that than whether a person is a sociopath,there may be psychologists who no longer believe in the Mcdonald triad but no more so than psychopathy equaling violent behavior either.

Autistics have difficulty with empathising with others.
The difference between us and sociopaths/psychopaths is that we usually have an internal moral compass where they don't,
Though I guess it is possible for a person on the spectrum not to have one.
Generally, those on the spectrum are known for having an overactive sense of fairness/justice/ethics.

Hmmm.
Interesting concept:
A psychopathic/sociopathic aspie. :chin:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2020, 4:06 am

funeralxempire wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:

The colloquial terms of psychopathy and sociopathy are covered unter the umbrella of "anti-social personality disorder".
Most people who have studied psychology, these days, can understand where the terms can be applied.

Are you saying that, if an intellectual construct is not included in a "manual", it doesn't exist?
Rather, I would like to ask why these quirks of human psychology haven't been definitive, errr, defined. 8O