Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2020, 1:38 pm

Biden snags 'Keep America Great' domain in latest act of Trump trolling

Quote:
After trolling Republicans throughout their convention, the Biden campaign has pulled its final act of the week: acquiring the web domain KeepAmericaGreat.com.

When Trump launched his reelection campaign last year, he rolled out the “Keep America Great” as its official new slogan with great fanfare. But the Biden campaign recently learned the web domain was available and snagged it.

The site now lays out a top-to-bottom rebuke to the Trump administration, including his handling of coronavirus. “Promises Made, Promises Kept Broken,” the site’s home page screams. “Trump isn’t looking for a second term,” it charges. “He’s looking for a do-over.”

The site now lays out a top-to-bottom rebuke to the Trump administration, including his handling of coronavirus. “Promises Made, Promises Kept Broken,” the site’s home page screams. “Trump isn’t looking for a second term,” it charges. “He’s looking for a do-over.”
Trump mused last year about adopting the "Keep America Great" campaign slogan.

“How do you give up the greatest theme of all time with a new theme?” Trump said last year, of switching from “Make America Great Again” to “Keep America Great.” “If I lose, people are going to say what a mistake that was. But we’re not going to lose, so it’s not going to matter.”

Team Trump previously pulled something similar on Biden, purchasing the todosconbiden.com domain when Biden announced its Latino outreach program, dubbed “Todos Con Biden.”

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2020, 1:46 pm

Surprisingly considering that they used Facebook to disinform voters & Twitter to provoke riots, the Trump administration never understood the internet. Buying the domains (& patents) you don't want your competitors to have is time honored anti-competitive silicon valley BS.

"...businessman..." :roll: :lol:

Kudos to whomever came up with this use of the tactic.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2020, 2:12 pm

Even I know I have to buy up whatever domain names resemble mine.

What was his team thinking?

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2020, 2:20 pm

Are they trying to compensate for their massive eff-up of letting Trump buy up basically all the mainstream ad-space during the DNC? Sorry, but this is pretty weak.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2020, 2:24 pm

Facts are suddenly weak? I'm guessing you didn't go to the page.

Apparently Trump's cult of personality extends to people who neither necessarily identify with it, nor have any personal interests at play here. I think that's basically as weak as watching reality TV instead of doing real work.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2020, 2:27 pm

https://www.keepamericagreat.com

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2020, 2:38 pm

I'm by no means part of his cult of personality. The man's a pig, and not a very pretty one. But I'll take the pig over whatever the hell the dems have become. At least Trump is funny.

Not sure what you mean by "facts are suddenly weak?". I'm not contesting that they bought the domain, nor that Trump probably should have picked that up if he planned to use it. But the Trump train buying up all the adspace for the entirety of the DNC is simply a greater troll. Because not only does that mean that anyone tuning in to the DNC gets too look at the giant orange dick's adds before they can attend, it also means that, somehow, the Dems failed to buy that adspace, which should have been done the second they decided to have a virtual convention.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2020, 5:02 pm

I'll give the democrats the benefit of the doubt considering that the president in office now outright parrots fascism & nazi symbols like that's going to save us from ourselves.

Great, you're amused by a president who lines his pockets while pretending to hunt pedophiles on 4chan. This country is not here for your amusement unless our election is rigged again.

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2020, 2:53 pm

And the trolling continues:

http://www.youaintblack.com