Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2020, 9:46 am

Gentleman Argentum wrote:
aghogday wrote:

True, Church Rituals are just another same Flavor
of MagicK; The Stories Indeed We Co-Create For Binds
of Bonds to keep the Social Groups in Friendly Order and of
Course on the Same Sheet of Choir Music to keep the Social Order inTact.
Religion in Essence
Is That Who/Which does
Just This; Bonding Human
Social Groups for Order Out of
Chaos in Binds to Make Society Work for at
Least Survival; And Even Thrive With a Drum
Beat Naked Dance of Freedom Around Campfire

I read some of that, but not all, the formatting is a bit too outré for me. Maybe if one is used to a steady diet of modern poetry all that is O.K., but I like old-fashioned prose format. Also, the capitalization seems too promiscuous, and the sentences seem to go on forever like Henry James. Also I am not really sure what you are saying. This might be more of a case of posting poetry, there is another forum for that. :lol: but hey whatever man it's all good.

No offense, Aghogday, but because of your formatting, your posts and I are like two ships passing in the night. I think I tried reading one of your posts very early on and I've never read another. I can't decipher, and my brain can't work with your formatting. I'm certainly not asking you to change on my account. "You do you" is a popular vernacular.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2020, 12:37 pm

Magna wrote:
aghogday wrote:

True, Church Rituals are just another same Flavor
of MagicK; The Stories Indeed We Co-Create For Binds
of Bonds to keep the Social Groups in Friendly Order and of
Course on the Same Sheet of Choir Music to keep the Social Order inTact.
Religion in Essence
Is That Who/Which does
Just This; Bonding Human
Social Groups for Order Out of
Chaos in Binds to Make Society Work for at
Least Survival; And Even Thrive With a Drum
Beat Naked Dance of Freedom Around Campfire

I read some of that, but not all, the formatting is a bit too outré for me. Maybe if one is used to a steady diet of modern poetry all that is O.K., but I like old-fashioned prose format. Also, the capitalization seems too promiscuous, and the sentences seem to go on forever like Henry James. Also I am not really sure what you are saying. This might be more of a case of posting poetry, there is another forum for that. :lol: but hey whatever man it's all good.

No offense, Aghogday, but because of your formatting, your posts and I are like two ships passing in the night. I think I tried reading one of your posts very early on and I've never read another. I can't decipher, and my brain can't work with your formatting. I'm certainly not asking you to change on my account. "You do you" is a popular vernacular.

True, Eccentricity is becoming More increasingly 'the New Black'; And Hopefully Not 'the New Orange'. Without The
Context of those Three Human Meme's in Metaphor of one Sentence; what i just said is as Good as 'World Salad'
For Folks Who Do not have the Appropriate contexts to 'get it'. Some Folks Get It; Some Folks Don't; No Surprise.

Smiles, The Difference between me and most folks is when i don't get 'something', 'anything', i research
the Appropriate Solution to the Problem until i do 'get it'. 'Different Strokes for Different Folks', i Swim
Farther and Deeper. More Like a Blue Whale than a Minnow; Perhaps better put in words of Science; As Science
Shows that the Average Human Being, 'these days at least', has literally less attention span than a 'Gold Fish';
Therefore, me; Just Another 'Blue Whale' Growing Larger Fulfilling more of my Human Potential; that's my Hobby.

Yes, my 'Special Greater Interest' is fulfilling Human Potential; if i were to look for affirmation, i'd dance; i usually
get it without asking that way; i also provide evidence everywhere i go; in case, folks don't believe what i say;
meh, for those who ask, anyway. The More A Human Fulfills All Human Potentials the More
Neurodiverse they Naturally become and larger and harder to see for those who are less
Neurodiverse; that's Just common sense; and surely why i rarely expect to be fully Understood.

Not All Folks Get Metaphor; Particularly, Back on Topic, when it comes to Christianity. In
The World of Poetry, it's easy to see That 'The Bread of Life And Wine too'; This 'Manna Stuff' 'Stiff
Old Patriarchal Men' talk about at the Hardees Restaurant over Breakfast is NOT the flesh and blood of
one man; but the Universal Essence of Love that Humans Enjoy anywhere there is Human Communion
in Dance or Song; When i wanna really enjoy this Communion, i go to the Most Crowded Dance Hall
Where i so easily find this Free Communion, This 'Manna of Love'; it comes in terms of Smiles oF uNlimited
Joy very close to my side; as Communion that is Real Is Higher Naturally in Joy of Love this way that is REAL NOW.

Meanwhile, solemn looking folks who are taught they are unworthy as Humans for as Long as they will remember
in Church, rush on up to literally eat the body and drink the blood of Just one 2K Year or So Scapegoat Who Died
on a Cross, 'who only was telling the Men at Hardees' that Love is real and for everyone now to Flourish as FLoWeRinG
Humans Do in Flow of Love Without Fear Naturally reaching and meeting More of their Human Potential Now in so
Many Greater Ways of Life With Passion of Living Loving Now. i study religion; i live poetry and dance; there is a Huge Difference:
'the Manna'
that Breathes
Now for Real
and is no 2000
or so Year-old Collection of Bones alone.

Smiles, it's Tolerable to be Tolerated;
It's Comfortable to Be Accepted;
It's Nice to be Understood too as
Generally Speaking 'Women Folks'
Hear my Poetry with Melting Hearts
for Those who Feel a Story of Love That's Real.

But it's not necessary to even open my Mouth to get
That Feedback; My Sister is also diagnosed with Asperger's
Syndrome; She Collects Photos She Takes of Birds; i do too;
but 'These are Angels With Wings' Dancing With a Song of LoVE iN Eyes of Joy that's even
more real to me; i've collected 298 Joyous Communion of LoVE iN LiFE'S 'Manna Events' just
like the one below; This is my Church, My Temple: Love And Joy With Smiling Eyes of Eternity now.

Other than that
have a nice day;
This is my Special
Interest; i've been totally
outcast in Life; and reaching
60 in the Real World at least
Noted as Folk Hero, and Legend
of Dance to Folks Who Value True Human Freedom
As 13,277 Miles of Public Dance in Trump Town USA in 81
Months will definitely Bring That to those who care to get 'unplugged';
Honestly, everyday i go out to dance here i give 'This Trump Town' an enema;
The Dance Halls are a bit too close in Human Proximity for 'Safe Covid19 Dance'.
But The Malls are open today in the Next Bigger City Over; A Bigger Enema in Stores Today coming for Real
Again; Just for fun of 'Manna's Communion' in Breath of Dance And Song Mostly in Other Countries where it's understood.
i Never have a problem now understanding anyone's 'Dead Language or Living Poetry' as i've Subsumed Their Souls into Mine as My Soul Continually Evolves Farther and Deeper As 'God' As Metaphor Surely fires within Alive to Truly
BREaTHE FREER;
Thanks for the
Toleration; after
all this is 'supposed'
to be a 'Safe Space' NoW
For Neurodiversity, if and when it comes;
It does come in sizes larger than 'Twitter-Verse Breaths.
100 Thousand Words for me every Month on Average for the Last 81 Months too.
i am no
'Goldfish
That Much'
Should be easy
enough for anyone
to see at least in Bigger Picture View;
Again; i for one will never be reduced
to Just 'A Bite of Bread And Sip of Wine';
Ignored Yes; Practically Invisible too; Reduced Never ever now..;)

Hehe; yes More below than above; occasionally my Favorite 'Folks' See me and Smile;

Now And Then 'They' Even Dare A Peck of A Kiss On A Dance Floor as 21 doesn't discriminate
Against 60 in my Way of Dance at least; Highway to Heaven For Real; Does Exist Now in my Life at
least FOR REAL;
Destination
Love; Joy
Of Eyes
on Fire
of Smiles
Eternally Now For Real;
This Dance And Song Always STaRTS New Heaven Now.

i'm a bit more like 'David' than 'JeSuS' And That's for Sure as Stories Come and Go Truth or Lie Dare FoR ReaL.

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2020, 12:58 pm

As long as the prayers are directed solely toward the triune G^D, and not toward any "saint" or other dead mortal, I would support it.

• Sola Scriptura ("Scripture alone"): The Bible alone is our highest authority.  Not the priests, not the bishops, not the cardinals, and not the pope.  The Bible.

• Sola Fide ("faith alone"): We are saved through faith alone in Jesus Christ.  While our actions should express our faith, it is not by our actions that we are saved.

• Sola Gratia ("grace alone"): We are saved by the grace of G^D alone.  We do not earn our salvation.  We cannot buy our salvation.  G^D Himself grants our salvation.

• Solus Christus ("Christ alone"): Jesus Christ alone is our Lord, Savior, and King.  Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life.  No one approaches the Father except through Him -- not the priests, not the bishops, not the cardinals, not the pope, not any of the dead "saints", and certainly not Mary.

• Soli Deo Gloria ("to the glory of G^D alone"): We live for the glory of G^D alone.  We do not live for the glory of the church.  We do not live for our glory or the glory of any other mortal, living or dead.

If your Book of Prayer does not adhere to these five "Solas", then it is not a Book of Christian Prayer.

Amen.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Gentleman Argentum
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2020, 4:18 pm

AutisticPriest wrote:
No matter the church, and I have been to several, whether Unitarian Universalist, Episcopalian or Roman Catholic, there is always a middle-aged to elderly woman that keeps an eye out for the newcomer and talks to him, asks questions and encourages him to keep attending. This figure may even be more important in function than anyone else including the priest and choir, but is on a volunteer basis. I think they do it simply because they know they are good at it. I just thought I'd mention that observation of a key similiarity between a quite liberal and a conservative congregation.

This is my mom, although now she's getting a little past middle aged and my sister is taking over... Right now, it's pretty much whichever one of them isn't watching the little kids.

Bless their heart, these women really are the backbone of any church. I think women were instrumental in religion of old, like way back, priestesses and so on. I don't see any wrong in a priestess. The Protestants are down with that. It is a wash, you can have good/bad priests or priestesses. It might solve the priest shortage in the RC church.