Why do liberals think some Trump supporters are stupid?

Page 3 of 10 [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

05 Jun 2020, 3:05 am

And where a politician seeks to de-escalate conflicts and find solutions acceptable for everyone, he calls for using more force by one side against the other side. Notoriously.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2020, 3:29 am

Pepe wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
I just don't get how people want to willingly elect a guy who is openly screwing them over. With the coronavirus is concern is not the safety of americans.....its just 'well how fast can we get back to business as usual' granted does not seem like that is going to happen anytime soon now. All he cares about is weath and buisness, he doesn't care about democracy, he doesn't care about human rights...he only cares about profits.

I went to one of my favourite food take-away places, yesterday.
A "For Lease" sign was in the window.
It was a family business.
They must be on hard times now.
Pretty sad.

Uhh I suspect that is the case with a lot of food places...and it is kinda sad. I mean I don't even know if my favorite places will survive. There was a place me and my boyfriend liked with India cuisine dishes...the Yak and Yeti and I don't even know if they will survive...as is lots of people don't have patience for middle eastern cuisine to begin with.

Americans just wanna get their food quick and be done...but never expect that if you are going to a place with more authentic cuisine it may take longer for them to cook it. I mean that is why if me and my boyfriend go to yak and yeti we make sure we have enough for some drinks before hand so we can enjoy hanging out waiting for the food. We tried to take his parents there...and they did the same thing as my moms boyfriend just being too impatient. But litterallly that place is never super crowded and its a chill place...so its like just relax and chill, the food will come but some people don't get it..that you have to wait. They are cooking a lot of thngs authentically and that can take some time so you have to be patient. I swear the one night me and my mom and her boyfriend went to a place of for my birthday I recall having to keep shushing my moms boyfriend so he wouldn't complain about something. LIke he just didn't get that these authentic foods can take some time...and I severly did not want him to embarass me on this outing so I kept telling him to be quiet and that authentic cultural food takes time to make properly so he shouldn't complain about anything.

You know I wanted to make sure we weren't that one table...that the employees are betting cards on to see who gets the sh***y, impatient white people table. I mean I did my best to talk my moms boyfriend out of causing any trouoble but even then he still had crap to complain about and it was embarrasing. I wanted so much to just leave those guys a big tip for dealing with that...but admittedly I did not really have money at the time so I couldn't leave a big tip but I wanted to as kind of an apology for how sh***y the people I brought there were being....I didn't know they would be like that but after that I decided I will never invite my mom and her boyfriend if I am going to any kind of middle eastren cuisine.

Me and my boyfriend get you have to wait for the food and we don't b***h at the servers for the food taking a while but its just kind of sad neither of us can bring our family there because they just want food immeaditly and can be rude wheras if anything me and my boyfriend would like to be seen as 'cool' customers that are patient and do wait for our food without being bitchy...but in order to do that kind of seems we just cannot invite either of our families to join use in those adventures because none of them get that you have to wait for the food.

I mean it is just embarrasing trying to bring people to those places, becasue so many people are jsut disrespectful of it they want their food asap and cannot possibly enjoy the ambience or decorations of the place...they just want food, now and snappy. Its like hell maybe we should have just taken them to McDonalds instead, because they clearly cannot appreciate the ambience of a nice middle eastren style restuarant while waiting for some actual tastey food. I mean who goes to an authentic food type restaruant and expects super snapppy quick food?

LIke uhh I am absolutely horrified whenever we have brought people to Indian cusisine and they just act like its a fast food place. I just don't get it if you brought them into red lobster or red robins or something than its fine. But you try and introduce people to something a little different and all they can do is b***h about how long the food takes...and since they insist on buying they get to leave a shoddy tip. I do think next time if we eat at yak and yeti with my boyfriends parents I will keep a tip on hand to give to the employees. But that said after the last time I don't think we will be inviting them to Indian cusine places we like ever again I mean it was embarrasing with their attitude. We will probably just keep that for us, and take them to more mainstream kinda places from now on.

Last edited by Sweetleaf on 05 Jun 2020, 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2020, 3:33 am

magz wrote:
And where a politician seeks to de-escalate conflicts and find solutions acceptable for everyone, he calls for using more force by one side against the other side. Notoriously.

Apparently that approach did work in American political history.
"The Iron Man" approach, protecting the vulnerable.

The melodrama that Trump is embracing isn't something most Australians would take seriously, imo.
No offence,
But I have the impression Amerikans are more naive, compared to us Kangaroos. :mrgreen:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2020, 3:39 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
I just don't get how people want to willingly elect a guy who is openly screwing them over. With the coronavirus is concern is not the safety of americans.....its just 'well how fast can we get back to business as usual' granted does not seem like that is going to happen anytime soon now. All he cares about is weath and buisness, he doesn't care about democracy, he doesn't care about human rights...he only cares about profits.

Pretty sad.

Uhh I suspect that is the case with a lot of food places...and it is kinda sad. I mean I don't even know if my favorite places will survive. There was a place me and my boyfriend liked with India cuisine dishes...the Yak and Yeti and I don't even know if they will survive...as is lots of people don't have patience for middle eastern cuisine to begin with.

Americans just wanna get their food quick and be done...but never expect that if you are going to a place with more authentic cuisine it may take longer for them to cook it. I mean that is why if me and my boyfriend go to yak and yeti we make sure we have enough for some drinks before hand so we can enjoy hanging out waiting for the food. We tried to take his parents there...and they did the same thing as my moms boyfriend just being too impatient. But litterallly that place is never super crowded and its a chill place...so its like just relax and chill, the food will come but some people don't get it..that you have to wait. They are cooking a lot of thngs authentically and that can take some time so you have to be patient. I swear the one night me and my mom and her boyfriend went to a place of for my birthday I recall having to keep shushing my moms boyfriend so he wouldn't complain about something. LIke he just didn't get that these authentic foods can take some time...and I severly did not want him to embarass me on this outing so I kept telling him to be quiet and that authentic cultural food takes time to make properly so he shouldn't complain about anything.

You know I wanted to make sure we weren't that one table...that the employees are betting cards on to see who gets the sh***y, impatient white people table. I mean I did my best to talk my moms boyfriend out of causing any trouoble but even then he still had crap to complain about and it was embarrasing. I wanted so much to just leave those guys a big tip for dealing with that...but admittedly I did not really have money at the time so I couldn't leave a big tip but I wanted to as kind of an apology for how sh***y the people I brought there were being....I didn't know they would be like that but after that I decided I will never invite my mom and her boyfriend if I am going to any kind of middle eastren cuisine.

Me and my boyfriend get you have to wait for the food and we don't b***h at the servers for the food taking a while but its just kind of sad neither of us can bring our family there because they just want food immeaditly and can be rude wheras if anything me and my boyfriend would like to be seen as 'cool' customers that are patient and do wait for our food without being bitchy...but in order to do that kind of seems we just cannot invite either of our families to join use in those adventures because none of them get that you have to wait for the food.

I mean it is just embarrasing trying to bring people to those places, becasue so many people are jsut disrespectful of it they want their food asap and cannot possibly enjoy the ambience or decorations of the place...they just want food, now and snappy. Its like hell maybe we should have just taken them to McDonalds instead, because they clearly cannot appreciate the ambience of a nice middle eastren style restuarant while waiting for some actual tastey food.

I see. :wink:

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

05 Jun 2020, 3:49 am

Pepe wrote:
magz wrote:

The melodrama that Trump is embracing isn't something most Australians would take seriously, imo.
No offence,
But I have the impression Amerikans are more naive, compared to us Kangaroos. :mrgreen:

Well, this narrative tends to overlook a simple reality that every tribe has their vulnerable... and their agressors. You may be one of them.

The world has become too small and the weapons too powerful for tribe wars.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2020, 4:02 am

Pepe wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

Pretty sad.

I mean it is just embarrasing trying to bring people to those places, becasue so many people are jsut disrespectful of it they want their food asap and cannot possibly enjoy the ambience or decorations of the place...they just want food, now and snappy. Its like hell maybe we should have just taken them to McDonalds instead, because they clearly cannot appreciate the ambience of a nice middle eastren style restuarant while waiting for some actual tastey food.

I see. :wink:

NO, no you don't see....you are just saying that, I mean did you even read a word of my post....or just disregard it as if you were responding to it, even though you never even took a glance at it to actually respond to the actual words in it. You're just saying you see...but you don't really.

Last edited by Sweetleaf on 05 Jun 2020, 4:29 am, edited 3 times in total.

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2020, 4:14 am

Pepe wrote:
magz wrote:

No offence,

My understanding had been that he was simply showing the "stick" that was available for use, as a "hint" that it was there and available for use (much like, as a child, seeing the strap being prepared USUALLY got us to pull our heads in).

Others (the media, for example) looked at it as though he had already ordered the troops in and they would be "landing" shortly.

Which was the intention (or was there some other idea behind it), only he would know.

Similarly, did the "threat" make anything change?

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

05 Jun 2020, 4:20 am

Brictoria wrote:

Yes. It angered those against whom it was used, making the rifts deeper and healing harder.

Last edited by magz on 05 Jun 2020, 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2020, 4:21 am

Brictoria wrote:
Pepe wrote:
magz wrote:

No offence,

My understanding had been that he was simply showing the "stick" that was available for use, as a "hint" that it was there and available for use (much like, as a child, seeing the strap being prepared USUALLY got us to pull our heads in).

Others (the media, for example) looked at it as though he had already ordered the troops in and they would be "landing" shortly.

Which was the intention (or was there some other idea behind it), only he would know.

Ah I see the issue.
See my generation was the last generation to face any punishment as kids.
Using a belt was already illegal
18-20 year olds never got spank, time outs is child abuse too. Any kind of punishment is child abuse, Also they’re all winners.
I’m kinda glad I didn’t and probably won’t have kids. How do you correct bad behavior without any kind of punishment.
It’s also child abuse to let yiur kids play outside alone. Something my generation did all the time. I was playing alone for hours by age 8. At 13 I could I’d be getting home around 11pm provided I had my homework done.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2020, 4:22 am

magz wrote:
Brictoria wrote:

Yes. It angered those against whom it was used, making the rifts deeper and healing harder.

It also cause them to calm down and states to mostly do something to get handle on the situation.
And employing military police wouldn’t have been end of the world as opposed to letting whole cities burn to the ground.
I dont know about your preference but I like my city not on fired or burned down.
If I lived in bigger cities wirh cop cars on fire I’d be trying to escape.
Especial if police pulled out and left.

We came close but luckily cops stepped in before the fires got bad enough to burn buildings down. Can’t imagine the repair costs to small businesses of their inside being on fire.:(
And people be like well they got insurance who cares. My sisters friend have to pay 20,000 befor their business insurance will pay for anything.

Last edited by sly279 on 05 Jun 2020, 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2020, 4:24 am

sly279 wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
Pepe wrote:
magz wrote:

No offence,

Ah I see the issue.
18-20 year olds never got spank, time outs is child abuse too. Any kind of punishment is child abuse, Also they’re all winners.
I’m kinda glad I didn’t and probably won’t have kids. How do you correct bad behavior without any kind of punishment.
It’s also child abuse to let yiur kids play outside alone. Something my generation did all the time. I was playing alone for hours by age 8. At 13 I could I’d be getting home around 11pm provided I had my homework done.

My ex is 22, she got spanked as a kid until she was 11-12. Just because white liberals don't spank doesn't mean no parents do. There's a reason a lot of comedians (of colour so to speak) make jokes about getting whooped and their white friends not getting it.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2020, 4:28 am

funeralxempire wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
Pepe wrote:
magz wrote:

No offence,

Ah I see the issue.

My ex is 22, she got spanked as a kid until she was 11-12. Just because white liberals don't spank doesn't mean no parents do. There's a reason a lot of comedians (of colour so to speak) make jokes about getting whooped and their white friends not getting it.

Cps takes kids away for being out in time out.
How’d you get someone 10+ years younger to date you? (Only reason I’m replying)
E eevyone tells me it’s wrong to date someone younger then me at all.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

05 Jun 2020, 4:29 am

So, you believe in threatening people into compliance?

Well, if you really believe threats of using the army helped people calm down, you obviously never attended any anti-gov protest.

BenderRodriguez
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2020, 4:37 am

Why is the misconception that you cannot correct behaviour or even punish without using force so common, especially amongst people who don't have kids? :wall:

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

05 Jun 2020, 4:43 am

BenderRodriguez wrote:
Why is the misconception that you cannot correct behaviour or even punish without using force so common, especially amongst people who don't have kids? :wall:

Because those who have kids had time to learn that punishments don't work, either.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2020, 4:46 am

magz wrote:
So, you believe in threatening people into compliance?

Well, if you really believe threats of using the army helped people calm down, you obviously never attended any anti-gov protest.

Opposed to just letting criminals and murders do whatever they want?
All laws are just threats, don’t do these or you’ll be punished is a threat.
If you don’t believe in it then guess your for anarchy.
If I was trump it’d sent the military police in Friday night.

Criminals don’t want to get shot anymore then your or I do. So when s**t hits the fan they go home. That’s also why when there a guy with a gun at a business they avoid that business. It’s why when the national guard is deployed most rioting stops.
It’s why if we pulled all the national guard and police they’d burn the city down.
It’s why we don’t just invade North Korea and take kim out. It’s why China doesn’t just steam roll all Asia.
It’s also why isis who doesn’t care if they die do suicide attacks.
So yes saying we deploy the military or national guard often does stop violent criminals cause they don’t want to get shot.
Also i dont know if you know since you are from outside USA. The national guard is practically not at all different then the army. Most have seen combat deployments to Iraq and Afghanistan, they have the same training and equipment. So actually trumps plan to use military Police( trained to Police military personnel) is less violent then deploying national guard(infantry soldiers) military police have batons and maybe pistols. Notice the national guard(infantry) all armed with assault rifles.
So we have combat troops deployed in American cities with armored hummvees, the only difference is they controlled by state governors nit trump.
They trained to kill, military police are trained to police.
So why’s the national guard there? Well to shoot people if it comes to that.
They also using microwave and sound weapons.imsure most protesters would be against their uses on American soil.

National guards have tanks too, fighter jets too. So potentially govnerors could send tanks in on their own, but it’s ok as long as it’s nit trump sending combat troops in right?