Page 10 of 18 [ 279 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 18  Next

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2020, 7:06 pm

sly279 wrote:
https://www.facebook.com/DailyCaller/videos/704817773617681/

https://www.facebook.com/16320318069829 ... 300437771/

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2020, 9:04 pm

sly279 wrote:
sly279 wrote:

Okay, I watched that entire video and don't see what was wrong. Of course they were surrounded a bit but they were mostly just told to leave, I don't see any assault in there at all that the post alleges happening. Is she making a big deal about people swearing at her, what happened to freedom of speech?

Also, I am going to assume they are part of The Daily Caller, don't they have a history of things like platforming white supremacist? Did she lie during the video by trying to claim that she was just part of a local network? Kind of sounded like she lied multiple times during the whole thing, such as a comment she made about lying that she is pregnant, kind of makes me wonder about her integrity overall, and providing a good reason for her being told to leave in the first place if she was going to lie about the situation.

I believe that the worst was probably that one guy got a little close to her in intimidating her with his height, but I don't think any of the protestors actually touched her.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2020, 9:29 pm

Who wants to be sweared at?

People sometimes take “freedom of speech” too far. I wouldn’t want somebody yelling in my ears.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2020, 9:51 pm

Bradleigh wrote:
sly279 wrote:
sly279 wrote:

Okay, I watched that entire video and don't see what was wrong. Of course they were surrounded a bit but they were mostly just told to leave, I don't see any assault in there at all that the post alleges happening. Is she making a big deal about people swearing at her, what happened to freedom of speech?

OMG. Are you serious, you don't see anything wrong with that?

That's a peaceful protest against bullying and intimidation?

Did you happen to be alive during Woodstock? That was a peaceful gathering for pacifists. This isn't.

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2020, 9:57 pm

Bradleigh wrote:
sly279 wrote:
sly279 wrote:

Also, I am going to assume they are part of The Daily Caller, don't they have a history of things like platforming white supremacist? Did she lie during the video by trying to claim that she was just part of a local network? Kind of sounded like she lied multiple times during the whole thing, such as a comment she made about lying that she is pregnant, kind of makes me wonder about her integrity overall, and providing a good reason for her being told to leave in the first place if she was going to lie about the situation.

I believe that the worst was probably that one guy got a little close to her in intimidating her with his height, but I don't think any of the protestors actually touched her.

You and I have fundamentally different viewpoints, Bradleigh since you don't see what was wrong with how the mob was acting toward a non-violent person, a journalist in a free country exercising her right to be in a public place. If that's normal behavior to you in a civilized free society I don't know what to say actually.

What happened to "freedom from harassment" as stated in another thread? Wow. I'll wait to see how you spin it though and how it's perfectly acceptable and normal for the angry mob to act that way toward a person.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2020, 10:04 pm

The protesters were being as*holes.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2020, 10:05 pm

Bradleigh wrote:
what happened to freedom of speech?

She was a reporter. They were chanting at her to get the F out, and intimidating her with violent gestures.

What about freedom of the press?

Last edited by IsabellaLinton on 19 Jun 2020, 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2020, 10:07 pm

Here's a peaceful antiwar protest taking over a town.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2020, 10:08 pm

There could easily have been a violent confrontation.

Trump does the same sort of crap to reporters from outlets like CNN.

Borromeo
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2020, 10:08 pm

Ye, we can't get bent out of shape about the cops shooting reporters, and then be content for these anarchist assclowns to go about intimidating people. If the press is not free, then, who is? Every totalitarian regime has had an official house organ. The USSR had the Pravda (I think that's the name of it?) The Fascist Right has Fox. The P.C. crowd has "hate speech laws."

Leave the reporters alone, and things go better.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2020, 10:14 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:

Did you happen to be alive during Woodstock? That was a peaceful gathering for pacifists. This isn't.

You think that people received less from going into Charlottesville protests? Donald Trump has before said in his rallies that the audience should attack protestors because he would defend them, and tell those removing them from the venue to rough them up a bit.

Like a week ago I watched an Australian reporter and cameraman in Washington get attacked and assaulted on camera including a police officer hit the reporter with their police baton, on camera. And your complain is seriously that a bunch of young adults told a reporter to leave willing to lie to get the narrative she wants for a news group that has a history of platforming white supremacists that you can see an entire segment on the Wikipedia page?

This is like trying to watch Kaitlin Bennett trying to hijack a women's rights march by putting herself in front of the signs as she purposefully tries to antagonise them by calling them the real sexists, saying that their chants were for her and that she was mind controlling them. Except not everyone is as dumb and terrible at using framing as she is.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2020, 10:17 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
There could easily have been a violent confrontation.

Trump does the same sort of crap to reporters from outlets like CNN.

If it's wrong for Trump, it's wrong for these protesters.

It seems no one sees the double standard, or how much they're hurting their own cause.

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2020, 10:22 pm

Bradleigh wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:

You think that people received less from going into Charlottesville protests? Donald Trump has before said in his rallies that the audience should attack protestors because he would defend them, and tell those removing them from the venue to rough them up a bit.

Like a week ago I watched an Australian reporter and cameraman in Washington get attacked and assaulted on camera including a police officer hit the reporter with their police baton, on camera. And your complain is seriously that a bunch of young adults told a reporter to leave willing to lie to get the narrative she wants for a news group that has a history of platforming white supremacists that you can see an entire segment on the Wikipedia page?

This is like trying to watch Kaitlin Bennett trying to hijack a women's rights march by putting herself in front of the signs as she purposefully tries to antagonise them by calling them the real sexists, saying that their chants were for her and that she was mind controlling them. Except not everyone is as dumb and terrible at using framing as she is.

I don't understand. Please clarify: Are you saying if Charlottesville protesters acted the same way as the CHAZ protesters (mob) did in that video that it was acceptable behavior in both cases?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2020, 10:23 pm

All the reporters wanted to do was report the news. The protesters sought to deny them that right. They were behaving like Trump.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2020, 10:30 pm

Bradleigh wrote:
You think that people received less from going into Charlottesville protests?

I'm not supporting Trump and I'm not a Trump supporter in any way. I'm not American and I don't normally get invested in politics beyond "live and let live in a free society". I'm a liberal BLM supporter, and I support the right of people to protest against police brutality / intimidation or even against the president. What I just viewed is not conducive to peaceful reform. An eye for an eye is not the way to protest. I was raised to believe if someone is acting poorly, I shouldn't copy them. Mimicking idiocy and saying "the other person started it", is childish and counterproductive. These people are acting like clowns, and I'm ashamed that BLM is being represented in this way.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2020, 10:32 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
The protesters were being as*holes.

Being an as*hole is not the same as police beating the crap out of people.

It does not prove she was in danger or people are out of control. There is no evidence that the protestors were going to hurt them, that they were going to break property, or it is some sort of gang rule of whoever is the strongest makes the rules. Not even based on race or something, because that was a very diverse group.

What you do have is a bunch of anarchists that knew that she was trying to catch them in a gotcha, and no intention in actually talking to them. I bet that she could have easily convinced them by talking to them rather than her wanting to show them as scary and dangerous, thus why she kept asking if the camera guy was getting everything.