Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2020, 9:06 pm

BIDEN, BURISMA, AND A MASSIVE BRIBE

This is what a massive bribe looks like. It is U.S. Currency. Looks like $100 dollar bills.

Burisma, one of Ukraine's largest private gas producers, has been at the center of politically tinged allegations in the United States, with Joe Biden challenging Trump in this year's election.

Hunter Biden joined the Burisma board in 2014, when his father was still vice president and the main figure in U.S. relations with Ukraine. He left the position in 2018.

Former Ukrainian prosecutor-general Viktor Shokin has alleged he was pushed out [fired] by Joe Biden's delaying of a $1 billion loan to the country, to prevent him from investigating Hunter Biden's role at Burisma. But, Joe Biden said he pushed for Shokin's dismissal to encourage Ukraine's anti-corruption efforts.

But when Ukraine elected a new president, one whose platform was anti-corruption, an investigation was relaunched into Burisma.

Ukrainian officials on Saturday announced they intercepted a $6 million bribe attempt to stop a criminal investigation into the president of Burisma. Kholodnitsky and the head of the national anti-corruption bureau, Artem Sytnik, said the bribe was intended to encourage their offices to halt a probe of Mykola Zlochevsky, the head of Burisma and a former minister of ecology. Zlochevsky was accused of using his ministerial position for personal enrichment. Three people, including a high-ranking tax service official, have been detained in connection with the attempted bribe, officials said Saturday.

Source: Massive bribe to stop Ukraine probe of Burisma founder intercepted

Stranger and stranger!

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2020, 11:21 pm

We've all heard of this,Biden is up to his eyeballs in it,both Biden's that is.

Once again they will regret they didn't nominate Bernie.

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2020, 11:23 pm

Where did the money come from? Meaning, who is the person who is paying for the bribe?

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2020, 11:32 pm

Magna wrote:
Where did the money come from? Meaning, who is the person who is paying for the bribe?
It only said,three people arrested,never mentioned who.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

15 Jun 2020, 3:02 am

This is a big win for the international community. Congratulations to all involved, particularly Joe Biden who led the effort to appoint competent corruption investigators.

TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2020, 3:38 am

vermontsavant wrote:
We've all heard of this,Biden is up to his eyeballs in it,both Biden's that is.

Once again they will regret they didn't nominate Bernie.

It's strange .. just two months after being discharged from the Navy for using cocaine ...

1. Hunter lands a sweet job in Ukraine on the governance board of an oil and gas company.
2. Hunter appears to have no foreknowledge of this industry.
3. Hunter appears to have been paid enormously for his "work".
4. At the same time, Joe Biden has his fingers in Ukrainian foreign affairs.

Be the hero of your life.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2020, 9:48 am

On 5 August 2014, a newly appointed Ukrainian Prosecutor General Vitaly Yarema opens an investigation of Burisma owner Mykola Zlochevskiy on suspicion of “unlawful enrichment.” On 8 February 2015, Yarema submitted a letter of resignation to the Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko. Poroshenko also dismissed Yarema’s deputies: Oleh Zalisko, Oleh Bachun and Anatoliy Danylenko.

In April 2014, Hunter Biden began working on behalf of a Ukrainian energy company Burisma, the largest private oil and gas extracting company in Ukraine. This was at a time his father Joe Biden was vice president and a key figure in U.S. policy on Ukraine. Hunter Biden's acceptance of the position created a major conflict of interest for his father.

Vice President Joe Biden urged the Ukrainian government to fire its newly appointed prosecutor general, Vitaly Yarema, by using the threat of withholding a billion dollars of U.S. aid. At the time that prosecutor was investigating the company Burisma.

Burisma was owned by Mykola Zlochevsky, a minister under Russia-friendly President Viktor F. Yanukovych who subsequently went into exile after a popular revolution. After Yanukovych was ousted, Zlochevsky faced a variety of corruption-related investigations involving his business.

Here is a link to a video in which Biden claims he leveraged the billion dollars in aid in order to fire the prosecutor.
Foreign Affairs Issue Launch with Former Vice President Joe Biden
At 52 minutes 11 seconds into the video, Biden says the following:

And so I got Ukraine. And I remember going over, convincing our team, our leaders to—convincing that we should be providing for loan guarantees. And I went over, I guess, the 12th, 13th time to Kiev. And I was supposed to announce that there was another billion-dollar loan guarantee. And I had gotten a commitment from Poroshenko and from Yatsenyuk that they would take action against the state prosecutor. And they didn’t.

So they said they had—they were walking out to a press conference. I said, nah, I’m not going to—or, we’re not going to give you the billion dollars. They said, you have no authority. You’re not the president. The president said—I said, call him. (Laughter.) I said, I’m telling you, you’re not getting the billion dollars. I said, you’re not getting the billion. I’m going to be leaving here in, I think it was about six hours. I looked at them and said: I’m leaving in six hours. If the prosecutor is not fired, you’re not getting the money. Well, son of a b***h. (Laughter.) He got fired.

Burisma was owned by Mykola Zlochevsky, a minister under Russia-friendly President Viktor F. Yanukovych who subsequently went into exile after a popular revolution. After Yanukovych was ousted, Zlochevsky faced a variety of corruption-related investigations involving his business.
---------------
The following account is based on combining several news articles.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2020, 11:54 am

jimmy m wrote:
On 5 August 2014, a newly appointed Ukrainian Prosecutor General Vitaly Yarema opens an investigation of Burisma owner Mykola Zlochevskiy on suspicion of “unlawful enrichment.” On 8 February 2015, Yarema submitted a letter of resignation to the Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko. Poroshenko also dismissed Yarema’s deputies: Oleh Zalisko, Oleh Bachun and Anatoliy Danylenko.

In April 2014, Hunter Biden began working on behalf of a Ukrainian energy company Burisma, the largest private oil and gas extracting company in Ukraine. This was at a time his father Joe Biden was vice president and a key figure in U.S. policy on Ukraine. Hunter Biden's acceptance of the position created a major conflict of interest for his father.

Vice President Joe Biden urged the Ukrainian government to fire its newly appointed prosecutor general, Vitaly Yarema, by using the threat of withholding a billion dollars of U.S. aid. At the time that prosecutor was investigating the company Burisma.

Here is a link to a video in which Biden claims he leveraged the billion dollars in aid in order to fire the prosecutor.
Foreign Affairs Issue Launch with Former Vice President Joe Biden
At 52 minutes 11 seconds into the video, Biden says the following:

And so I got Ukraine. And I remember going over, convincing our team, our leaders to—convincing that we should be providing for loan guarantees. And I went over, I guess, the 12th, 13th time to Kiev. And I was supposed to announce that there was another billion-dollar loan guarantee. And I had gotten a commitment from Poroshenko and from Yatsenyuk that they would take action against the state prosecutor. And they didn’t.

So they said they had—they were walking out to a press conference. I said, nah, I’m not going to—or, we’re not going to give you the billion dollars. They said, you have no authority. You’re not the president. The president said—I said, call him. (Laughter.) I said, I’m telling you, you’re not getting the billion dollars. I said, you’re not getting the billion. I’m going to be leaving here in, I think it was about six hours. I looked at them and said: I’m leaving in six hours. If the prosecutor is not fired, you’re not getting the money. Well, son of a b***h. (Laughter.) He got fired.

---------------
The following account is based on combining several news articles.
We all know what Biden did :mrgreen:

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2020, 12:32 pm

vermontsavant wrote:
We all know what Biden did :mrgreen:

But the story is a bit twisted. The fact-checkers picked the wrong Ukrainian prosecutor. Look at the time line. They identified the prosecutor as Viktor Shokin instead of Vitaly Yarema.

Hunter Biden began working for Burisma on April 2014.

Shokin was appointed Prosecutor General of Ukraine on 10 February 2015, replacing Vitaly Yarema. On 16 February 2016, Shokin submitted a letter of resignation, although the next day an official of the prosecution office stated, "As far as I know he has taken a paid leave". On 19 February 2016 presidential press secretary Sviatoslav Tsegolko wrote on Twitter that the presidential administration had received an official letter of resignation from Shokin. But 16 March 2016 an official of the prosecution office stated that Shokin had resumed his work. On the same day, his office carried out a raid against one of Ukraine's leading anti-corruption groups, the Anti-Corruption Action Center (AntAC), claiming that it had misappropriated aid money. AntAC was a frequent critic of the Prosecutor General's Office under Shokin. In one notorious case, two of Shokin's prosecutors were caught with stashes of diamonds, cash and valuables in their homes, likely indicating bribery. Prosecutors from another department of Shokin's office were fired or reassigned when they attempted to bring a prosecution against the so-called "diamond prosecutors". On 28 March 2016, protesters called for Shokin's firing, after his office was authorized by a Kiev court to investigate AntAC. Shokin was formally dismissed in a parliamentary vote on 29 March 2016.

So what Joe Biden did was he succeeded in firing an honest prosecutor and three of his deputies and replace them with a whole new team comprised of a very corrupt prosecutor and his deputies. Solkin was not fired but dismissed by a parliamentary vote.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2020, 2:00 pm

It’s ok for Biden’s to withhold aid to get a foreign government to do as he wishes. He’s a democrat democrat do whatever they want. But if a republican asks a foreign gov to look into said corruption that’s they should be impeached.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

15 Jun 2020, 3:46 pm

sly279 wrote:
It’s ok for Biden’s to withhold aid to get a foreign government to do as he wishes. He’s a democrat democrat do whatever they want. But if a republican asks a foreign gov to look into said corruption that’s they should be impeached.

That’s the complete opposite of what happened.

As part of an international coalition, Biden pressured Ukraine to fire a corrupt prosecutor and succeeded. The prosecutor was not investigating Burisma.

President Donald Trump illegally pressured Ukraine to invent a negative story about one of his opponents. Multiple officials in his government consequently testified against him in impeachment hearings, and he was successfully impeached. He then became the only President in US history to have a member of his own political party vote for him to be removed from office. However, Dirty Mitch McConnell and his crooks voted to acquit Trump on purely partisan grounds. McConnell openly admitted that he wouldn’t consider the evidence impartially.

There is no doubt about what transpired. There are no credible accusations of wrongdoing against Biden in this matter, whereas it is an established fact that Trump acted improperly. The accusations against Biden are completely unhinged wingnuttery.

Just look at Jimmy’s posts in this thread so far. At first he posted that Shokin claims he was pushed out by Joe Biden, suggesting that this proves Biden was corrupt. When I pointed out that Shokin was a bad prosecutor who was tolerant of corruption, he shamelessly pivots to accusing Biden of removing a completely different prosecutor and instating Shokin!

This is a trademark of conspiracy theories: when they’re proven wrong, they simply try to find another way to keep the conspiracy alive. There’s nothing linking Biden to Yarema’s resignation except Jimmy’s imagination.