The Politically Incorrect Larrikin's Thread.

Page 2 of 9 [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2020, 12:01 am

Magna wrote:
Which TERF joke? The one about peeing or the one about a bigot?

The one about peeing. Sorry if I wasn't clear.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2020, 1:30 am

Bradleigh wrote:
Q: What do you call someone who is for free speech, but is also a hypocrite?
A: A racist.

Q: What do you call someone who is for free speech?
A: Someone who is NOT a progressive. :scratch: :mrgreen:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2020, 1:42 am

Brictoria wrote:
Bradleigh wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
I'd have to agree that humour is on it's last legs.

Nah, humor is going great, just a lot less punching down and being able to carry a message that can hit back at the powerful. It is how you get things like the Okay Boomer thing.

Q: How do you know if a boomer is on the phone?
A: You can hear them across the street.

Q: What is the difference between a TERF and a trans woman?
A: One wants to watch the other pee, and the other is trans.

Nice examples of targeting a person's infirmities due to age in the first example, and the sexism (or at least anti-feminism) demonstrated in the second with regards to other people's beliefs\understandings...

So what we see hee is that you believe sexist jokes, or ones at the expence of another's disabilities (physical or intectual) are OK? Interesting.

For goodness sake.
Don't make me defend Bradleigh. 8O

This is a Politically Correctness free zone.

Time will tell if Bradleigh is trying to get this thread blocked.
It *has* been done many times before,
And always from those on the left side of politics, to my knowledge.

Erm,
Why is that mod coming our way?
And why does the mod have a padlock? 8O

May I suggest,
Instead of locking the thread,
The over-the-line off comments are simply deleted/ammended?

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2020, 1:43 am

Pepe wrote:
Q: What do you call someone who is for free speech?
A: Someone who is NOT a progressive. :scratch: :mrgreen:

This is supposed to be where you make a joke about avocado toast (I hate avocados) and say that I don't know what a book is. Really lean into that boomer humour. Say that those mean millennials and zoomers should not be allowed to say "Ok Boomer" because it makes it feel like you are not being listened to.

Then you complain about not being allowed to squint your eyes and say "ching chong" to the guy at the local Chinese restaurant. Then you can pull a Paul Hogan Crocodile Dundee and sexually harass a trans woman, if we really want to be a larrikin.
(Edit: even I think these past two are a bit mean, and wonder if at least remove one of them)

Last edited by Bradleigh on 18 Jun 2020, 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2020, 1:52 am

Pepe wrote:

I can assure you that I won't say anything racist or sexist, the sort of things that get threads blocked.
I am just going to prove a point that conservatives don't have a monopoly of being humour nor using political incorrectness. And I won't punch down, being a boomer I presume don't count due to their on average economic privilege and habit to act like the younger and more progressive generation is destroying society.

Also that I repeat that all of this sort of humour is super low brow and there can be better humour that is more socially aware.

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2020, 2:52 am

Bradleigh wrote:
Pepe wrote:

I can assure you that I won't say anything racist or sexist, the sort of things that get threads blocked.
I am just going to prove a point that conservatives don't have a monopoly of being humour nor using political incorrectness. And I won't punch down, being a boomer I presume don't count due to their on average economic privilege and habit to act like the younger and more progressive generation is destroying society.

Also that I repeat that all of this sort of humour is super low brow and there can be better humour that is more socially aware.

Boomer and economic privilege: Now THERE is a great joke.

Then again, I imagine every generation considers that previous ones have some sort of "advantage".

Thanks for the laugh, BTW.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2020, 3:19 am

Brictoria wrote:

Then again, I imagine every generation considers that previous ones have some sort of "advantage".

I must not get what is so funny about so much of my generation having things like home ownership so out of their reach and thus needing to live with parents, and that we are by in large overqualified and under payed compared to the earlier generations.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2020, 3:20 am

A racist, a child molester and a well-known con artist approaches the Oval Office.
The security guard says Good morning Mr. President and lets him in.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

18 Jun 2020, 4:19 am

Brictoria wrote:
Ah...So that would be like:
Q: What do you call a feminist who refers to other feminists as a "TERF"?

Neil Gorsuch

Borromeo wrote:
What do you call someone who turns the rare opportunity to have a laugh, into an advancement of his, or her, or its own personal politics?

That’s exactly what everyone who has participated in this thread has done.

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2020, 4:20 am

Bradleigh wrote:
Brictoria wrote:

I must not get what is so funny about so much of my generation having things like home ownership so out of their reach and thus needing to live with parents, and that we are by in large overqualified and under payed compared to the earlier generations.

Over "schooled", yes...Over "qualified", that is questionable.

The problem you have is you are comparing certain aspects of your condition now, with other selected aspects of the "boomer" generation.

For example:
They had a smaller population, leading to lower demand for housing or employment - Would you wish to reverse the population change (and hence immigration levels) for this?
There was a limited number of jobs available\open to females at the time, with many being "stay at home" mothers (and so, again, lower competition for jobs) - Do you feel that we should return to this?
They had limited travel options (international and interstate travel was rare and costly), with holidays being generally car/caravan, or bus- Would you like this to return (although it may, with current global health situation).
There was loyalty shown by workers and employers (job for life) - Would you be willing to forsake the opportunity to switch jobs on a whim in order to work for the same employer for life?
There were high intrest rates (18%+) - would you be willing to have this?
There was a limited range of "dining out" options, with most food prepared at home - Would you be willing to forgo this and only eat food you prepare yourself (with minimal imports, so only locally grown)?
University education was either through scholarship, or "full fee", rather than "Austudy" - Would you be willing to pay these costs (or go without and learn "on the job")?
Jobs generally started from a menial level, where you progressed up as you learnt\gained experience (no entering a new role as "manager" fresh out of school...Office boy, doing the running around for the more experineced staff was the entry point) - Would you be willing to start in a role such as this?

The situation they live in now is as a result of the circumstances through which they lived, not the circumstances under which you live...Unless you are prepared to live (and work) under ALL those circumstances (and more that I couldn't be bothered adding), criticism of (or comparison to) their present state is not valid.

Hence my seeing your comment as a humourous contribution to the thread.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2020, 4:42 am

The_Walrus wrote:

Borromeo wrote:
What do you call someone who turns the rare opportunity to have a laugh, into an advancement of his, or her, or its own personal politics?

That’s exactly what everyone who has participated in this thread has done.

Except me. 8) <irony>

I was hoping the thread was going to be more playful than caustic.
Time will tell. :shrug:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2020, 4:46 am

Brictoria wrote:
Bradleigh wrote:
Brictoria wrote:

The problem you have is you are comparing certain aspects of your condition now, with other selected aspects of the "boomer" generation.

For example:
They had a smaller population, leading to lower demand for housing or employment - Would you wish to reverse the population change (and hence immigration levels) for this?
There was a limited number of jobs available\open to females at the time, with many being "stay at home" mothers (and so, again, lower competition for jobs) - Do you feel that we should return to this?
They had limited travel options (international and interstate travel was rare and costly), with holidays being generally car/caravan, or bus- Would you like this to return (although it may, with current global health situation).
There was loyalty shown by workers and employers (job for life) - Would you be willing to forsake the opportunity to switch jobs on a whim in order to work for the same employer for life?
There was a limited range of "dining out" options, with most food prepared at home - Would you be willing to forgo this and only eat food you prepare yourself (with minimal imports, so only locally grown)?
University education was either through scholarship, or "full fee", rather than "Austudy" - Would you be willing to pay these costs (or go without and learn "on the job")?
Jobs generally started from a menial level, where you progressed up as you learnt\gained experience (no entering a new role as "manager" fresh out of school...Office boy, doing the running around for the more experineced staff was the entry point) - Would you be willing to start in a role such as this?

The situation they live in now is as a result of the circumstances through which they lived, not the circumstances under which you live...Unless you are prepared to live (and work) under ALL those circumstances (and more that I couldn't be bothered adding), criticism of (or comparison to) their present state is not valid.

And that is your "Punchline"? 8O
I don't get the joke. :scratch: :mrgreen:

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2020, 4:57 am

Pepe wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
Bradleigh wrote:
Brictoria wrote:

For example:

And that is your "Punchline"? 8O
I don't get the joke. :scratch: :mrgreen:

My appologies...I probably should have finished it with a "Bring back the 60's" type line, but I wasn't around then to know if that is a good idea or not...

Edit: And I'm not sure how many who lived through that time could remember accurately, either...For various reasons.

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2020, 9:01 am

Brictoria wrote:
Bradleigh wrote:
Brictoria wrote:

For example:

I too thought the idea that having to live with your parents in perpetuity rather than working to purchase your own home because the challenges put forth by society are insurmountable was very funny.

Karamazov
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2020, 12:11 pm

Q: What do you call a snowflake that’s been pissed on?

A: Mr President.

:mrgreen:

Borromeo
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2020, 8:02 pm

Why would a politician hire a hooker?

To stimulate his deficit.