Is it too far fetched to think Germans may have to come to A

Page 3 of 5 [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2020, 1:03 pm

If some miscreant climbs in my window up to no good I’ll let the Catahoula chew on them a bit.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2020, 1:54 pm

Re Magna’s 5% concealed carry being “low”.. 8O

One in 20 people potentially walking around with a loaded gun is low? :?

That would be considered EXTREMELY high here - especially since precisely Zero civilians are allowed to open or concealed carry here.

We most certainly have different criteria for what’s considered a high percentage of a population being armed. To Me, 1 in 20 being strapped is INSANE.

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2020, 2:31 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Re Magna’s 5% concealed carry being “low”.. 8O

One in 20 people potentially walking around with a loaded gun is low? :?

That would be considered EXTREMELY high here - especially since precisely Zero civilians are allowed to open or concealed carry here.

We most certainly have different criteria for what’s considered a high percentage of a population being armed. To Me, 1 in 20 being strapped is INSANE.

Why is it insane? You're good at doing research on the internet about the ills of the U.S. Please look for stats on the number of crimes involving firearms committed by law abiding citizens who have legal permits to carry a firearm.

As a citizen who does not carry a firearm, legal or otherwise I can say that I have ZERO concern about the possibility that a law abiding citizen legally carrying a concealed firearm might shoot me intentionally or even unintentionally. I have many many many times more concern in comparison over someone illegally carrying a firearm and potentially using it criminally against me. Equating the two (legal carry vs. criminals with guns) can't be done rationally.

Last edited by Magna on 23 Jun 2020, 2:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2020, 2:33 pm

I imagine Canadians in rural areas have plenty of guns.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2020, 2:50 pm

Of course they do :)

Anyway....5% of the populace do not always carry their guns constantly. The percentage is much lower.

The 5% is the people who are licensed to carry a gun. Most of the folks don’t pack heat. The US is not a Charles Bronson movie.

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2020, 2:57 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Of course they do :)

Anyway....5% of the populace do not always carry their guns constantly. The percentage is much lower.

The 5% is the people who are licensed to carry a gun. Most of the folks don’t pack heat. The US is not a Charles Bronson movie.

^Never once have I left my house and worried or even thought about how many people might be legally carrying a concealed firearm out and about. It's a non-issue to me. And this is coming from a person who wishes guns had never been invented and also from a person who has been the direct victim of gun violence twice in my life. Both times the shooter had the gun ILLEGALLY.

Philologos
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2020, 3:02 pm

Ach du lieber - seeing the question I thought we were talking preColumbian visits like the Vikings - guess I must be some sort aspie.....

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2020, 4:36 pm

Welcome back Philogos. Long time no see. :)

The title is "...Germans may have to...", not "Germans may have come...". Future tense, not past.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2020, 5:24 pm

I wouldn’t mind some Wiener Schnitzel myself :)

I’ve always wanted to go to a Biergarten.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2020, 10:50 pm

Karamazov wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Pepe wrote:
So, the only connection I see in mentioning "Germans" is to remind people that Germany had the Nazis Party.

Is there any other reason you brought the modern-day Germans into this?
Is this what is called "Dog Whistling"?

Quote:
A dog-whistle is a type of doublespeak used in political messaging. Dog whistles work by employing language that has normal meanings to the majority, but can be implied or loaded to mean very specific things to intended recipients. https://www.google.com/search?client=fi ... +Whistling

Wut? :?

Of course that’s why I said Germans. What would you expect me to say? Rwandans? Venezuelans? Irish?

Why would I say anything except for Germans? Only the Germans had Nazis that Americans went overseas to defeat in the past. Now America has a small but growing group of neo Nazis embracing Nazi ideologies. So, maybe Germans will have to take on the opposite role this time and head overseas to defeat Nazis.

This is it a dog whistle. You don’t seem to understand what a dog whistle is.

But you could have said Italians, or Spanish, or Hungarians, or Portuguese, or Brazilians. :D
All had fascist or quasi-fascistic regimes during that era,
which does somewhat legitimate the question: why pick out Germans in particular?

I have my "Conspiracy Theories".

BWAHAHAHAHAH. :twisted:

Have you noticed Funeralxempire's signature?

Quote:
dead Nazis is always a positive outcome
8O

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2020, 11:05 pm

Brictoria wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Karamazov wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Pepe wrote:
So, the only connection I see in mentioning "Germans" is to remind people that Germany had the Nazis Party.

Is there any other reason you brought the modern-day Germans into this?
Is this what is called "Dog Whistling"?

Quote:
A dog-whistle is a type of doublespeak used in political messaging. Dog whistles work by employing language that has normal meanings to the majority, but can be implied or loaded to mean very specific things to intended recipients. https://www.google.com/search?client=fi ... +Whistling

Wut? :?

Of course that’s why I said Germans. What would you expect me to say? Rwandans? Venezuelans? Irish?

Why would I say anything except for Germans? Only the Germans had Nazis that Americans went overseas to defeat in the past. Now America has a small but growing group of neo Nazis embracing Nazi ideologies. So, maybe Germans will have to take on the opposite role this time and head overseas to defeat Nazis.

This is it a dog whistle. You don’t seem to understand what a dog whistle is.

But you could have said Italians, or Spanish, or Hungarians, or Portuguese, or Brazilians. :D
All had fascist or quasi-fascistic regimes during that era,
which does somewhat legitimate the question: why pick out Germans in particular?

.. 8O

..because they had Nazis. Which everyone knows. And now the USA has a growing neo Nazi problem. The trump campaign isn’t exactly idolizing and emulating some obscure fascist party of Portugal or Brazil that no one but a history teacher has ever heard of. They’re using Nazi symbols in his campaign.

..how is this difficult to grasp? :?

It also has an Antifa problem, and from all I've seen in the media recently, the Antifa mob is a much more serious threat to people than the "neo Nazi"s...

So what sort of people would you advise should invade the USA to clean out the Antifa mob, as you are so concerned for the welfare of the citizens of the USA?

Antifa scares me too, here in Australia.

Quote:
The West has a plague of homegrown terrorists putting Islamic extremists to shame with their frequency and ferocity of attacks: Antifa, an umbrella term for a loose collection of groups and individuals and is meant to be a shortening of the words “anti-fascist”.

The only problem with their self-given label is that Antifa embodies just about everything defining a fascist. Merriam-Webster defines fascism as promoting nation and often race above individuals, standing for a centralised, autocratic government, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition.

Contrastingly, there is very little in any of the victims of Antifa which resembles fascism. https://www.spectator.com.au/2018/08/an ... -fascists/

Can someone help us too? 8O
Please?
Pretty please? :mrgreen:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2020, 11:13 pm

Magna wrote:
What does "armed to the teeth" mean?

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2020, 11:17 pm

Pepe wrote:
Have you noticed Funeralxempire's signature?

Quote:
dead Nazis is always a positive outcome
8O

Is does vaguely remind me of a thread which had been locked due to the promotion of violence within it by certain people...

But I could be mistaken.

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2020, 11:21 pm

Pepe wrote:
Magna wrote:
What does "armed to the teeth" mean?

And here I was thinking this was what was meant :D

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2020, 11:26 pm

Misslizard wrote:
If some miscreant climbs in my window up to no good I’ll let the Catahoula chew on them a bit.

Get one of these instead:

:mrgreen:

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2020, 1:02 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I wouldn’t mind some Wiener Schnitzel myself :)

I’ve always wanted to go to a Biergarten.

I dream about those things all the time and apple strudel as well. :)