Is it too far fetched to think Germans may have to come to A

Page 4 of 5 [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2020, 1:05 am

I think it's time that people forgive the Germans and that we should all love each other.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2020, 1:23 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
I think it's time that people forgive the Germans and that we should all love each other.

Some will never do that, unfortunately.
Hence, my reacting to the baiting. :twisted:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2020, 1:24 am

Brictoria wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Have you noticed Funeralxempire's signature?

Quote:
dead Nazis is always a positive outcome
8O

Is does vaguely remind me of a thread which had been locked due to the promotion of violence within it by certain people...

But I could be mistaken.

Nahh,
Too much integrity here. :mrgreen:

<sigh>
That was <sarcasm>, for anyone who missed it. <chuckle> :wink:

Karamazov
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2020, 1:46 am

Pepe wrote:
Karamazov wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Pepe wrote:
So, the only connection I see in mentioning "Germans" is to remind people that Germany had the Nazis Party.

Is there any other reason you brought the modern-day Germans into this?
Is this what is called "Dog Whistling"?

Quote:
A dog-whistle is a type of doublespeak used in political messaging. Dog whistles work by employing language that has normal meanings to the majority, but can be implied or loaded to mean very specific things to intended recipients. https://www.google.com/search?client=fi ... +Whistling

Wut? :?

Of course that’s why I said Germans. What would you expect me to say? Rwandans? Venezuelans? Irish?

Why would I say anything except for Germans? Only the Germans had Nazis that Americans went overseas to defeat in the past. Now America has a small but growing group of neo Nazis embracing Nazi ideologies. So, maybe Germans will have to take on the opposite role this time and head overseas to defeat Nazis.

This is it a dog whistle. You don’t seem to understand what a dog whistle is.

But you could have said Italians, or Spanish, or Hungarians, or Portuguese, or Brazilians. :D
All had fascist or quasi-fascistic regimes during that era,
which does somewhat legitimate the question: why pick out Germans in particular?

I have my "Conspiracy Theories".

BWAHAHAHAHAH. :twisted:

Have you noticed Funeralxempire's signature?

Quote:
dead Nazis is always a positive outcome
8O

Yes, I did notice: nice to see support for that aspect of Mossad’s work. 8)

Did you see the response I got?
Came across as an admission of emotional shock tactics to me.
Ho hum.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2020, 8:24 am

goldfish21 wrote:
Pepe wrote:
So, the only connection I see in mentioning "Germans" is to remind people that Germany had the Nazis Party.

Is there any other reason you brought the modern-day Germans into this?
Is this what is called "Dog Whistling"?

Quote:
A dog-whistle is a type of doublespeak used in political messaging. Dog whistles work by employing language that has normal meanings to the majority, but can be implied or loaded to mean very specific things to intended recipients. https://www.google.com/search?client=fi ... +Whistling

Wut? :?

Of course that’s why I said Germans. What would you expect me to say? Rwandans? Venezuelans? Irish?

Why would I say anything except for Germans? Only the Germans had Nazis that Americans went overseas to defeat in the past. Now America has a small but growing group of neo Nazis embracing Nazi ideologies. So, maybe Germans will have to take on the opposite role this time and head overseas to defeat Nazis.

This is it a dog whistle. You don’t seem to understand what a dog whistle is.

Quote:
dog whistle
Dog whistle is a type of strategy of communication that sends a message that the general population will take a certain meaning from, but a certain group that is "in the know" will take away the secret, intended message. Often involves code words.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2020, 11:27 am

Dog whistle makes no sense here, just like you inverse definition of Antifa.

There is no dog whistle. It’s a deadpan direct straight forward communication with no hidden meaning. Wtf?

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2020, 4:23 pm

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2020, 4:30 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:

The German people by and large have done something Southerners never have, expressed sincere contrition. It wouldn't be fair to hold the current German people to blame for actions they had no part in and are comfortable with condemning, rather than making excuses for and building monuments to the heroes of that great evil.

Japan could stand to learn something from Germany in regards to the same era as well.

Germany would probably end up supporting the liberation of America from some sort of hypothetical far-right dictators's regime if such a scenario were to ever exist. I'm not sure the failure-in-chief will be that dictator even if he's probably the most likely candidate at the moment.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2020, 4:35 pm

I’m from the South.I regret slavery ever happened.Please don’t lump us all together.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2020, 4:43 pm

Misslizard wrote:

I didn’t even think of that. The very people who fought to free Europe from the Nazis are now in their old age being called nazis cause they’re conservatives.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2020, 4:48 pm

Misslizard wrote:
I’m from the South.I regret slavery ever happened.Please don’t lump us all together.

It's certainly not all, among things there's Southerners who's heritage doesn't extend to that period, non-white Southerners and white Southerners who are positive in varying degrees towards openly atoning, that's not what I'm discussing though.

Germany had their nose rubbed in their actions and have made repeated collective gestures towards atonement. Reconstruction was halted and the the former CSA states basically rubbed their actions in America's face and collectively adopted the icons and lost cause as part of their identity. Collectively they have done the opposite and until that changes what I've said will be true. I don't believe the political willpower exists to have the former CSA states atone, and certainly not as long as Lost Cause nonsense continues to be the politically correct position.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2020, 5:03 pm

sly279 wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

I didn’t even think of that. The very people who fought to free Europe from the Nazis are now in their old age being called nazis cause they’re conservatives.

No they're not, at least not by me.

The boomer through millennial imbeciles who dress up like pretend soldiers, sometimes cosplaying as confederates or literal Nazi brownshirts while marching under the banners of white nationalist groups or of the traitors who betrayed America to maintain a system of race based slavery are people I might lump together under a modern analogous usage even if I might use the term white supremacist more broadly (as I've described elsewhere).

As for the sig, it's referring to literal NSDAP party members, not even their modern equivalent.

Deradicalization would be preferable for those who haven't engaged in any serious criminal activity. A bunch of them dying would be tragic for many people and a bunch of them being imprisoned wouldn't be an overall positive outcome either. An ex-Atomwaffen person would no longer be a problem if they genuinely ceased to believe those views, especially if they were willing to show similar leniency and understanding towards others who have expressed similarly radical but non-aligned viewed (Islamists, ALF/ELF types, etc).

That said, if your token example of a WWII vet is a confederate flag waving white supremacist who thinks ending segregation was a bad thing, he's still a horrible person even if he once took part in a decent cause.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

24 Jun 2020, 5:11 pm

Germany is pretty staunchly anti-militarist these days. It’s somewhat understandable but also disappointing. They’d happily come to the defence of a fellow NATO member but not sure they would work to remove a dictator.

Like Japan they have a very powerful military so they have to be taken seriously, but they don’t engage in international interventions to the same extent as the UK or France.

As for WWII vets- the youngest are now 91. They don’t tend to be as conservative as their boomer children. Over 50% intend to vote for Biden. It’s the 50-64 year olds who are particularly conservative.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2020, 5:43 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

It's certainly not all, among things there's Southerners who's heritage doesn't extend to that period, non-white Southerners and white Southerners who are positive in varying degrees towards openly atoning, that's not what I'm discussing though.

Germany had their nose rubbed in their actions and have made repeated collective gestures towards atonement. Reconstruction was halted and the the former CSA states basically rubbed their actions in America's face and collectively adopted the icons and lost cause as part of their identity. Collectively they have done the opposite and until that changes what I've said will be true. I don't believe the political willpower exists to have the former CSA states atone, and certainly not as long as Lost Cause nonsense continues to be the politically correct position.

We did have our noses rubbed in it economically.It’s why this region is full of poor people.We have no money.Maybe all those northerner textile factory owners who bought the cotton that was raised by slaves can help, they didn’t seem to mind at the time.
The economy here then was all agricultural , no factories.So after the war people were economically depressed for years.And when factories did come they poisoned us ( black and white
)and paid low wages.There are cancer clusters all over the South from those industries.Then they found even cheaper labor and easier people to exploit and moved the factories further south to Mexico.
You do know what Sherman did on his march to the sea would be considered war crimes now?
And another thing, this area of the state was pro-union.My great-great-grandfather fought for the union in Missouri in the Calvary .His brother-in-law marched with Sherman and burned down peoples homes.Another side of the family fought for confederacy.
NONE owned a single slave.
Nobody is alive now that owned a slave.
Of course all those statues should come down.There time is over.
Some of those Union soldiers developed a taste for burning, looting and raping and went west to torment the Native Americans.
So who will pay the Native American restitutions?Their ancestors?

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2020, 6:08 pm

Misslizard wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

We did have our noses rubbed in it economically.It’s why this region is full of poor people.We have no money.Maybe all those northerner textile factory owners who bought the cotton that was raised by slaves can help, they didn’t seem to mind at the time.
The economy here then was all agricultural , no factories.So after the war people were economically depressed for years.And when factories did come they poisoned us ( black and white
)and paid low wages.There are cancer clusters all over the South from those industries.Then they found even cheaper labor and easier people to exploit and moved the factories further south to Mexico.
You do know what Sherman did on his march to the sea would be considered war crimes now?
And another thing, this area of the state was pro-union.My great-great-grandfather fought for the union in Missouri in the Calvary .His brother-in-law marched with Sherman and burned down peoples homes.Another side of the family fought for confederacy.
NONE owned a single slave.
Nobody is alive now that owned a slave.
Of course all those statues should come down.There time is over.
Some of those Union soldiers developed a taste for burning, looting and raping and went west to torment the Native Americans.
So who will pay the Native American restitutions?Their ancestors?

Breaking the South's economy didn't actually accomplish what I was describing and the rest of your post just misses the point. German civilians were forced to view concentration camps and death camps. Southerners were allowed to white wash the horrors of what they defended while inventing an entire ideology built around denying the facts of the matter.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2020, 6:14 pm

/\Well we can’t go back and fix that now can we?The Union government allowed it.
Times have changed.This was once a sundown town.
https://www.ky3.com/content/news/Branso ... 56371.html
There were two rallies here for George Floyd,one in Harrison, another former sundown town and near where a grand wizard lives.( He’s not from here, moved here because we are mostly a white region).One in my small town where a black man was hung under the bridge years ago.All were attended by white local people.

Last edited by Misslizard on 24 Jun 2020, 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.