Rant: I firmly condemn BLM and its actions!

Page 7 of 11 [ 174 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2020, 11:30 pm

This is how many, MANY, terrible Catholics and awful Christians (by name only, they certainly didn’t practice what Jesus Christ preached) throughout history should have been cannonized:

:ninja:

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2020, 3:19 am

Greatshield17 wrote:
Ventura, California

ewww.....

the natives of california are a cool bunch. i met a few.

there is a road named after padre serra that leads to the "queen of the missions" in santa bárbara. gotta wonder what it would have looked like had it not been totally restored especially after the earthquake in 1925.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2020, 8:50 am

Greatshield17 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
I think nobody is asking you to stop your beliefs. However, please at least take responsibility for starting this thread with an attack on native Americans whom you condemned.
I am not condemning the Indigenous of California, I'm condemning the individuals who perpetrated the acts mentioned in this thread's opening post.
That's obvious.  Just re-read your subject line ...
Greatshield17 wrote:
"Rant: I Firmly Condemn BLM And Its Actions!"
You are "firmly condemning" blacks and their actions, and further reading of your posts clearly shows that you are condemning blacks for the actions of Native Americans.

Check your racism.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Greatshield17
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Jul 2020, 11:19 pm

cyberdad wrote:
I would ask you to read the academic studies of Serra which are at least sympathetic to him.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/ ... ontroversy

I've read your article, I should be able to type-up a reply tomorrow. I've recovered from my run-in with my dad yesterday evening. (Although I'm still concerned anxious over the fact that my diocese still hasn't replied to my email requesting that an appointment be made for me to go to confession this Saturday for this, and other things that happened in the past few weeks.)

Don't bother with me, I'm just a narrow-minded bigot who does nothing but "proselytize" not because I actually love the Faith, because no one loves the Faith, we're just "using it to justify our bigotry." If you see any thread by me on here that isn't "proselytizing," I can't explain that because that's obviously impossible; because again, all I've ever done on here is "proselytize."

WP is the 2nd worst forum site I have ever been on.

Greatshield17
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Jul 2020, 11:23 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Greatshield17 wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Greatshield17 wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
I was going to point out the irony and hypocrisy of your rant in general due to Catholics coming to B.C. and destroying Indigenous landmarks & heritage sites, desecrating burial grounds, ruining wverything in their path as they also destroyed, kidnapped, raped, and murderer Indigenous people for centuries - but Fnord’s much more specific knowledge refutes your rant even better.

Fnord wrote:
Greatshield17 wrote:
... Yesterday, two statues of the great Saint Junipero Serra, were torn down and physically desecrated by raving BLM mobs and their allies. When I saw that, I was enraged...
So?  Junipero enslaved the local indigenous population to build his mission buildings, and forced them to convert to his religion so that his "numbers" would impress the Vatican leaders.  His statues should be torn down, along with every other monument to slavery and forced conversion, including those of the Confederacy and even many of those representing the Founding Fathers.

And no, it is not history that's being erased; it's the veneration of those who carried on as if people of color were lesser beings that is being erased -- one should no more venerate an image of Junipero Serra than one would venerate an image of Robert E. Lee or Pontius Pilate.

Besides, the veneration of images is idolatry.

Also, just for the record, I support BLM and this entire uprising movement of BIPOC people who’ve been oppressed by systemic racism and white supremacy for several hundred years - all of which, btw, was initiated by the Roman Catholic Church when they sanctioned the first slaves in Portugal.

Also for the record I’m a baptized Roman Catholic - but I have no qualms about saying anything about the horrible s**t they’ve done from slavery to residential schools to pedophilia etc. If they practiced what they preach instead of being as*holes people wouldn’t have bad things to say about them. But they don’t and they’re responsible for an awful lot of terrible s**t throughout history.

I'm going to give you the benefit of a doubt and assume you're just poorly very poorly catechized and extremely ignorant; and not merely giving to the acidic hatred that's typical of apostates.

Some of the worst persecutions of the Church happened at the hands of apostate Catholics.

The Catholic Church gets crucified (pardon my French) for all the horrible s**t they’ve done. Nothing more, nothing less.

You better hope that the Church does not get crucified for the actual evils that Her members have committed; (not the objectively good things that She's done, which Her enemies hate.) because if She does, She'll rise again from the dead just like Christ and all the evils of the apostate West will be overthrown.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Laugh while you can. :|

Don't bother with me, I'm just a narrow-minded bigot who does nothing but "proselytize" not because I actually love the Faith, because no one loves the Faith, we're just "using it to justify our bigotry." If you see any thread by me on here that isn't "proselytizing," I can't explain that because that's obviously impossible; because again, all I've ever done on here is "proselytize."

Greatshield17
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Jul 2020, 11:42 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Greatshield17 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
I think nobody is asking you to stop your beliefs. However, please at least take responsibility for starting this thread with an attack on native americans whom you condemned.

I am not condemning the Indigenous of California, I'm condemning the individuals who perpetrated the acts mentioned in this thread's opening post.

The first step towards letting a wound heal is removing the debris. That's what they did, they cleansed a long-standing wound in hopes of allowing it to heal.

This isn't something you should condemn, if your god is real he can make your saint's soul feel better about this blow to his pride; who knows, maybe he's already come to understand it needed to happen and enabled it. He's got powers like that, or so I've heard.

This is not the "cleansing of a wound," it is the opening of a new wound; and it's not a wound against Saint Junipero Serra, who is enjoying everlasting life in Heaven, it is a wound against the Mystical Body of Christ, a wound against all Catholics. There are now Catholics preparing to suffer, die, and even fight for the Faith, (and rightly so as, like I said before, there have been calls attack statues and icons of Jesus and Mary because some are portrayed as European, and there have also been other calls to protest churches; and at St. Louis, Missouri, Catholics at a Rosary Rally were assaulted.) for many of these Catholics, not all, but a significant portion, when they look at an indigenous Californian who genuinely believes that St. Junipero Serra was "genocidal," all they see is just another person who hates the Catholic Church and hates God and wants to see their own parish burned down; just yesterday I came across a video in which a guy lumped together all Native American spirituality with the Aztec religion. I do not condone any of this, but I think you should ask yourself if the actions of those mobs did any favours for the indigenous peoples of California?

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2020, 11:55 pm

Greatshield17 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Greatshield17 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
I think nobody is asking you to stop your beliefs. However, please at least take responsibility for starting this thread with an attack on native americans whom you condemned.

The first step towards letting a wound heal is removing the debris. That's what they did, they cleansed a long-standing wound in hopes of allowing it to heal.

This isn't something you should condemn, if your god is real he can make your saint's soul feel better about this blow to his pride; who knows, maybe he's already come to understand it needed to happen and enabled it. He's got powers like that, or so I've heard.

This is not the "cleansing of a wound," it is the opening of a new wound; and it's not a wound against Saint Junipero Serra, who is enjoying everlasting life in Heaven, it is a wound against the Mystical Body of Christ, a wound against all Catholics. There are now Catholics preparing to suffer, die, and even fight for the Faith, (and rightly so as, like I said before, there have been calls attack statues and icons of Jesus and Mary because some are portrayed as European, and there have also been other calls to protest churches; and at St. Louis, Missouri, Catholics at a Rosary Rally were assaulted.) for many of these Catholics, not all, but a significant portion, when they look at an indigenous Californian who genuinely believes that St. Junipero Serra was "genocidal," all they see is just another person who hates the Catholic Church and hates God and wants to see their own parish burned down; just yesterday I came across a video in which a guy lumped together all Native American spirituality with the Aztec religion. I do not condone any of this, but I think you should ask yourself if the actions of those mobs did any favours for the indigenous peoples of California?

Were the mobs made up of the indigenous peoples of California?
If so, yes they did themselves a favour. They removed the debris

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Greatshield17
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Jul 2020, 11:56 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
This is how many, MANY, terrible Catholics and awful Christians (by name only, they certainly didn’t practice what Jesus Christ preached) throughout history should have been cannonized:

:ninja:

Well, while there aren't exactly cannons involved, there are these martyrs:

I rather marry, have lots of kids, and die receiving Extreme Unction and Holy Viaticum, with my family surrounding me saying the Holy Rosary and the Chaplet of Divine Mercy; but if I were ever threatened to be shot point-bank by a cannon for the Faith, may the Lord grant me to grace to take that.

Viva Cristo Rey!
y
Reina de los Martires

Greatshield17
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Jul 2020, 11:57 pm

Kiprobalhato wrote:
Greatshield17 wrote:
Ventura, California

ewww.....

the natives of california are a cool bunch. i met a few.

there is a road named after padre serra that leads to the "queen of the missions" in santa bárbara. gotta wonder what it would have looked like had it not been totally restored especially after the earthquake in 1925.

What do you mean?

Greatshield17
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Jul 2020, 11:57 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Greatshield17 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Greatshield17 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

So you're going to lump all the indigenous peoples in with that mob?

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2020, 12:04 am

Greatshield17 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Greatshield17 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Greatshield17 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

I'm not insisting on lumping all of us together, but I would hope that all of us would support us.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2020, 10:39 am

Good Friday Before the Fourth of July...
Short Meaning of Life Lesson for
Actions And Consequences In Life...
You Will Never Hear The Tree Until You See Where Leaves Go...
Sound of One Hand (God) Clapping in the Forest...
i Feel WHeRE God BREaTHES iN Trees...
Leaves RiSinG Falling Feeding Leaves...
The Curtain Is Pulled Now
Everyone Took A Record of
It There is No Mistaking Now
Where Love Does Not Breathe For Those Who See...
No Different Than The 'Ghost Author' Behind The
Curtain of 'The Wizard of Oz' God Is Where
Love Resides Within Or Not...
What Does Trump Reveal Most...
Something Very Important Now...
Veils To Be Lifted For Ignorance
Who The God of the 'Old Bible' Really Is
i Have to Give Trump Credit
At Least He Doesn't Cover
His Evil All Up And Call It Heaven...
Look Around Of Course God Exists But
The Rest of Nature Didn't Write A Bible...
Particularly Ghost Authors With Personality Disorders...
Challenging Evolving Into A Fearless Loving Person In
Total Trust And Faith If You Are Raised By A God With A Personality Disorder...
Perhaps It Is Because 'They' Are Told They Are Born Unworthy Yet A Chosen
Few Out of All The Quadrillion Plus Stars Above...
Perhaps It Is Because 'They' BeLieVE iN An All
Loving Forgiving "Parent" Willing to Send
Them to Hell Forever If They Misbehave...
What's The Difference Between Folks Who
Are Willing To Wear Masks
And Those Who Are
Not... In A Word
Empathy For OTHERS...
Face Palms As Thick As
Forests in 'Forrest Gump' Simple Wondering Where
The Hell God Went in Florida (Rhetorical Question) of Course.
God
Is Not
ONLY
A Mask
(Statue)
But A Face
Who Cares Is Love.

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

Greatshield17
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Jul 2020, 7:55 pm

cyberdad wrote:
I would ask you to read the academic studies of Serra which are at least sympathetic to him.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/ ... ontroversy

The most sympathetic support from those who study Serra's accomplishments comes from UCLA Prof, Steve Hackel who says Serra was not an evil person. He claims Serra tried to minimise the violence against Indians committed by Spanish soldiers but even he admits Serra still believed in corporal punishment. Father Serra saw Indians as children, and in the early modern period good fathers corrected their kids through corporal punishment.

Even David McLaughlin from the catholic missions resource centre in California says that Serra was a "flawed man" despite living an exemplary life as a friar/monk.

What cannot be denied is that many atrocities took place and he knowingly closed his eyes to them in his service to the Spanish crown. The general consensus is that Serra’s complicity outweighs whatever intentions he had. He was driven by ambition, in his desire to produce results for Spain he “laid the groundwork to erase cultures and impose this burden of shame on Indians about being Indian” which explains much of the stigma modern Mezitzsos have against native people.

Are you still here or have you left this thread?

Greatshield17
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Jul 2020, 8:55 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Greatshield17 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Greatshield17 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Greatshield17 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

I'm not insisting on lumping all of us together, but I would hope that all of us would support us.

Well, I'm afraid this action wasn't very supportive of the indigenous peoples of California if you really examine it closely. Firstly, one needs ask oneself whether smashing a statue or image of someone for that person's real or alleged offences really gives oneself any benefit? If I were able to smash a statue of Bloody Elizabeth, Plutarco Calles, Robespierre, Napoleon Bonaparte, or any other persecutor or enemy of the Church, would it really do me any good? You may be thinking, "well you're on here telling people off, so it's kind of the same thing; an expression of anger," but actually it's quite different. I knew full well, that I was going to receive flack for posting this, but I posted this anyway and willfully took the flack. There is much more meaning and benefit in me suffering for this post, (even if I haven't handled this as well as I would have liked to) than the meaningless pleasure those people took in toppling those statues of St. Junipero Serra. I have benefitted from this post to some degree, the people who tore down those statues didn't, in fact, as I mentioned above, they made things worse.

The actions perpetrated by those people has confirmed or reinforced in the minds of a significant portion of Catholics, that indigenous culture is nothing more than an anti-Christian political tool. You're going to have a lot of Catholics taking-up and doubling-down on a lot of the anti-indigenous rhetoric I'm sure you've heard out there; all indigenous peoples are Aztecs; if it wasn't for colonization, the indigenous peoples would still be living in mud-huts and would never have access to modern medicine; the indigenous peoples are ungrateful to Columbus for bringing "western civilization" to them; and so-on, so-forth. Again, I don't in anyway condone this, in fact I get really irritated with how people conflate colonization with evangelization, as though the only way to bring the Faith to the various indigenous peoples of the world was to take their lands. (If that's the case, then something most have gone really awry with the evangelization of my ancestors, the Basque peoples! Not only were their lands never taken-over by other Catholics nations, but they themselves actually ended up establishing their own independent Kingdom, the Kingdom of Navarre; truly, an aberration in reality!) But the cold hard fact is, it doesn't matter how I or you wish the situation would turn-out, the fact is, the tearing-down of those statues isn't going help the indigenous peoples of California; it's going to result in most Catholics (let alone, various other peoples) viewing them as just people who hate them and are hostile to what they hold dear.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2020, 9:09 pm

Greatshield17 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Greatshield17 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Greatshield17 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Greatshield17 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Well, I'm afraid this action wasn't very supportive of the indigenous peoples of California if you really examine it closely. Firstly, one needs ask oneself whether smashing a statue or image of someone for that person's real or alleged offences really gives oneself any benefit? If I were able to smash a statue of Bloody Elizabeth, Plutarco Calles, Robespierre, Napoleon Bonaparte, or any other persecutor or enemy of the Church, would it really do me any good? You may be thinking, "well you're on here telling people off, so it's kind of the same thing; an expression of anger," but actually it's quite different. I knew full well, that I was going to receive flack for posting this, but I posted this anyway and willfully took the flack. There is much more meaning and benefit in me suffering for this post, (even if I haven't handled this as well as I would have liked to) than the meaningless pleasure those people took in toppling those statues of St. Junipero Serra. I have benefitted from this post to some degree, the people who tore down those statues didn't, in fact, as I mentioned above, they made things worse.

The actions perpetrated by those people has confirmed or reinforced in the minds of a significant portion of Catholics, that indigenous culture is nothing more than an anti-Christian political tool. You're going to have a lot of Catholics taking-up and doubling-down on a lot of the anti-indigenous rhetoric I'm sure you've heard out there; all indigenous peoples are Aztecs; if it wasn't for colonization, the indigenous peoples would still be living in mud-huts and would never have access to modern medicine; the indigenous peoples are ungrateful to Columbus for bringing "western civilization" to them; and so-on, so-forth. Again, I don't in anyway condone this, in fact I get really irritated with how people conflate colonization with evangelization, as though the only way to bring the Faith to the various indigenous peoples of the world was to take their lands. (If that's the case, then something most have gone really awry with the evangelization of my ancestors, the Basque peoples! Not only were their lands never taken-over by other Catholics nations, but they themselves actually ended up establishing their own independent Kingdom, the Kingdom of Navarre; truly, an aberration in reality!) But the cold hard fact is, it doesn't matter how I or you wish the situation would turn-out, the fact is, the tearing-down of those statues isn't going help the indigenous peoples of California; it's going to result in most Catholics (let alone, various other peoples) viewing them as just people who hate them and are hostile to what they hold dear.

Considering it was Catholics who initiated conflict between us and them, it will be up to Catholics to disengage and prove they no longer wish to impose themselves upon us with hostility.

Considering the people who engaged in these acts and supported them were likely at least nominally Catholic themselves, blaming it on a shallow hatred of Catholics is just a dishonest dodge that allows you to avoid considering if the church or this particular man did in fact commit moral transgressions against them. If you won't even consider that there's some validity to our perspectives it's hard to not dismiss your hostility as racism. You don't even have to agree after you've considered them, but just try to imagine the situation reversed.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Greatshield17
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Jul 2020, 10:04 pm

aghogday wrote:
Good Friday Before the Fourth of July...
Short Meaning of Life Lesson for
Actions And Consequences In Life...
You Will Never Hear The Tree Until You See Where Leaves Go...
Sound of One Hand (God) Clapping in the Forest...
i Feel WHeRE God BREaTHES iN Trees...
Leaves RiSinG Falling Feeding Leaves...
The Curtain Is Pulled Now
Everyone Took A Record of
It There is No Mistaking Now
Where Love Does Not Breathe For Those Who See...
No Different Than The 'Ghost Author' Behind The
Curtain of 'The Wizard of Oz' God Is Where
Love Resides Within Or Not...
What Does Trump Reveal Most...
Something Very Important Now...
Veils To Be Lifted For Ignorance
Who The God of the 'Old Bible' Really Is
i Have to Give Trump Credit
At Least He Doesn't Cover
His Evil All Up And Call It Heaven...
Look Around Of Course God Exists But
The Rest of Nature Didn't Write A Bible...
Particularly Ghost Authors With Personality Disorders...
Challenging Evolving Into A Fearless Loving Person In
Total Trust And Faith If You Are Raised By A God With A Personality Disorder...
Perhaps It Is Because 'They' Are Told They Are Born Unworthy Yet A Chosen
Few Out of All The Quadrillion Plus Stars Above...
Perhaps It Is Because 'They' BeLieVE iN An All
Loving Forgiving "Parent" Willing to Send
Them to Hell Forever If They Misbehave...
What's The Difference Between Folks Who
Are Willing To Wear Masks
And Those Who Are
Not... In A Word
Empathy For OTHERS...
Face Palms As Thick As
Forests in 'Forrest Gump' Simple Wondering Where
The Hell God Went in Florida (Rhetorical Question) of Course.
God
Is Not
ONLY
A Mask
(Statue)
But A Face
Who Cares Is Love.

I have tried to put myself in the shoes of those people,
and what felt was really dark and disturbing and difficult to explain here. (not that I actually tried to view their souls mind you, only God can know their souls; I'm purely basing my empathy off of what I saw and heard.)
I do have empathy for others, it's just that I can't stray too far from myself, because myself has a lot of problems; I need to "put on the Armor of God," as Saint Paul tells us, in order to free myself from labis.
Freeing oneself from labisisn't easy,
but the One who is sine labe concepta, does make it easier.