Rant: I firmly condemn BLM and its actions!

Page 2 of 11 [ 174 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next

Greatshield17
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Joined: 14 Sep 2012
Gender: Male
Posts: 431
Location: Columbia-Kootenay Region, British Columbia

22 Jun 2020, 11:38 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Just because somebody is a Christian....doesn’t make that person superior to a non-Christian.

Maybe those indigenous folks didn’t want their “souls saved?”

It wasn't just their souls, it was their livelihoods; Saint Junipero Serra wanted to teach the indigenous peoples agricultural practices in order to give them an economic defense, against the threat of exploitation by the incoming settlers.


_________________
Don't bother with me, I'm just a narrow-minded bigot who does nothing but "proselytize" not because I actually love the Faith, because no one loves the Faith, we're just "using it to justify our bigotry." If you see any thread by me on here that isn't "proselytizing," I can't explain that because that's obviously impossible; because again, all I've ever done on here is "proselytize."


aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Nov 2010
Age: 60
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,120

22 Jun 2020, 11:58 pm

Greatshield17 wrote:
aghogday wrote:
Do Try to realize that 'Those Statues Destroyed' have no Living Loving Breath;
Same As A Flag; Same As A House (Temple of Brick And Mortar) Mistaken For
Flesh and Blood of God; Same As A Four-Wheel Drive; And A Human Loving
'That Confederate Flag' as A Noose for Love. Black Lives Do Matter And Do Have
Living Loving Breath; What Would You Trade For Love?
A Statue;
A Flag;
A House;
A Car; A
Temple;
Common
Sense Does Indeed 'Speak Idolatry'
This Way That has/is No Feelings of Breathing;
Breathing No Human Feelings of Love at Least;
If 'God' is Love What Good Is God Without Love:

Simple Logic 'Sees', Feels, Senses, Knows NONE.

A Most Dangerous Statue Now of Fear And Hate,
Is Essence of Human Breathing, Fear, and Hate in the White House, Yes, in 'Human Way';
If You Don't Love "Father's of All Lies"; Why Not Spend Some Days to Help Erase 'That Hell' With Votes...

i Realize you LiVE iN Canada; But Do Realize You are Feeling 'A Lioness of Love's Breath', a Father oF All Lies Inspires.

So Far; the Catholic Church in My Area, Or Bishop Barron in YouTube Catholic Public Relations, Hasn't even
Acknowledged 'That Father oF all Lies', Even Exists'.
Guess What, He Does and He Breathes
For Real; No Myth, the Essence of Dark
As Human Fear and Hate;

That's 'The Real
BIG Sin' and part of
the Reason Dictator's
Rose Last Century as
the Catholic Church Played
Politics With Love As Fear and
Hate Won then From That Catholic Same 'Ignorance'.

There is a difference between a statue Saint Junipero Serra and the Confederate flag, the statue represents a human being who brought the Faith to Indigenous peoples to save their souls, and also worked to save their livelihoods from potential exploitation at the hands on incoming Spanish settlers. The Confederate flag was an emblem of a confederation of states that sought secede from the United States of America, over the issues of slavery among other things. The flag is now claimed among the people of those states as a cultural symbol, but other people condemn it on the grounds it presents the pro-slavery policies of the Confederacy. I don't really care about the Confederate flag, or statues of the Confederate generals for that matter; I did live in the State of Tennessee very briefly as a child, but I don't really have that much of a connection with Southern culture. I do have a connection with St. Junipero Serra, because he is my spiritual ancestor, and spiritual elder brother come to think of it, some Catholics do refer St. Therese of Lisieux as their big sister. Do you think it fair to equate Saint Junipero Serra with the Confederate flag and Confederate generals?
Or for that matter, the Confederate generals, with the Founding Fathers of the United States?
Or the Founding Fathers with Christopher Columbus?
Or Christopher Columbus with the Conquistadores?
Or the Conquistadores with Sir John A. Macdonald?
Or, going back to something I said in my original post, Sir John A. Macdonald with Bloody Elizabeth?
I think it not fair, to equate all these people together, let alone think it just, to form a mob and tear down a statue of any of these people, with violence and without any civil discussion.

I no not what this "Father of Lies" is you speak of in your post, but the Father of Lies Our Lord spoke of in Sacred Scripture, him I am aware of. Bishop Barron (one of the many Bishops who should be doing what I'm doing here.) has discussed him in his Youtube videos. Also in regards to the Church's role World War II, while it's true that the Church's actions before and during World War II were not ideal, and were based on far; there are a lot of myths and misunderstandings out there, that cloud many people's understanding of the Church's role in during the war. Also you should check out the behaviour of the clergy on the ground during World War II, I'm thinking particularly of Saint Maximilian Kolbe, now that, is a man of courage!

In regards to fear, I do feel it, I am well aware that I am offering up my reputation on here by doing this, but the fact that I am still doing this shows that I have not submitted to it.


Fnord Did A Good Enough Job Providing Evidence of the Horrible Transgressions of What's Behind the Statue in Question;
All the Human Misery and Suffering At the Hands of What that Statue Really Resembles. i'm Not One to Worry About Symbols or Words That Transgress Against me; as i am MORE than capable of Defending myself easily Like A Breeze
or Flow of A River; All Those Symbols Are Dead to me; I Prefer the Green of Grass And Color of Flowers
As God's Loving Breath For Real; This Is all Love to Me; Nature's Blood As Sun Is Day and Moon Is Night.

"But I also pray that God may give me the grace, to prefer to suffer treatment a hundredfold worse, than the treatment that was meted-out to those two statues of Saint Junipero Serra."

This Statement Is Disconcerting; You Haven't Been to Hell Yet on Earth Within my Friend;
As Far As i can See You, Now at Least; Be Very Careful for What You Wish For; For What You
Value Will Become You:

Statue
or
Love;
Really
It's that Simple.

i Will tell You This; Any Woman
Worth Her Merit in Love Will
Not Be Interested in 'A Statue Lover';

Nor Will God In Terms of Love That Flows Real In BloodStream of Soul...

"Be Not Afraid", There is no Fear in Love That Is Real For This Breath of Love
is No Statue; Just Naked Flowering God; To Be Clear, Donald J. Trump Is a Literal
'Father of All Lies' And Still Counting. All That's Ahead of Him at this Point is the Truth of the Covid19 Virus:

His Defeat at Least.

In Regard to "Behind The Dictators"
And The Catholic Association Last Century,

If You wanna Learn More;
My Grandfather Wrote the Book;
As i've mentioned Before He Was
A Catholic Priest Who Worked at the Vatican;
If He followed the Rules; Obviously i wouldn't be talking now..:)

i Go to the Catholic Church as it offers the Least Fear and Hate in my
Community Away From Hope and Love; i Find Love Everywhere i go;
Walls and Ceiling are no part of that for me Or Statues; But Words are my Playthings..:)

My Grandfather's Family Disowned Him For Leaving the Catholic Church;
No Way He Would Agree With My Philosophy About God As My God Is All; My God Consumes
All Others Gods As All Is Just All Period Beginning of Never Ending Story Always Starting Now.

https://archive.org/details/BehindTheDictators


_________________
KATiE MiA FredericK!iI

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick


funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Oct 2014
Age: 35
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,559
Location: I'm on the streets like curbs

23 Jun 2020, 3:45 am

Greatshield17 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
You condemn BLM for bringing down statues of historical monsters? I've got to condemn your condemnation because people who treated indigenous peoples with savagery should not be glorified with statues or memorials.

I 100% support the removal of monuments to barbarians.

Blindly believing the myth that the great Saint Junipero Serra was a "monster" and "barbarian" with no effort to refute the facts I presented, says a lot about your wisdom on this subject.


Facts? I read a lot of butthurt and a lot of opinion in your opening post but very little in the way of facts.


_________________
Imagine this post narrated in the voice of Gilbert Gottfried


kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 71,558
Location: Queens, NYC

23 Jun 2020, 7:39 am

It’s a mixed bag, usually, when it comes to the results of missionary activity.

And this Junipero Serra person is no exception.



Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 44,488
Location: Stendec

23 Jun 2020, 7:46 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
It’s a mixed bag, usually, when it comes to the results of missionary activity.  And this Junipero Serra person is no exception.
A mixed bag of idolatry, racism, sexism, slavery, and forced conversions.


_________________
 
Since there is no singular, absolute definition of human nature,
nor any ultimate evaluation of human nature beyond that which we project onto others,
individuals should be judged or defined only by their actions and choices,
and not by what we only imagine their intentions and motivations to be.


kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 71,558
Location: Queens, NYC

23 Jun 2020, 7:49 am

There been positive results...but some of these were “ positive” only from the viewpoint of one with a European/Christian mindset.



Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 44,488
Location: Stendec

23 Jun 2020, 7:51 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
There been positive results...but some of these were “ positive” only from the viewpoint of one with a European/Christian mindset.
... and Jeffrey Dahmer loved kittens.


_________________
 
Since there is no singular, absolute definition of human nature,
nor any ultimate evaluation of human nature beyond that which we project onto others,
individuals should be judged or defined only by their actions and choices,
and not by what we only imagine their intentions and motivations to be.


Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 44,488
Location: Stendec

23 Jun 2020, 8:08 am

funeralxempire wrote:
Greatshield17 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
You condemn BLM for bringing down statues of historical monsters? I've got to condemn your condemnation because people who treated indigenous peoples with savagery should not be glorified with statues or memorials.  I 100% support the removal of monuments to barbarians.
Blindly believing the myth that the great Saint Junipero Serra was a "monster" and "barbarian" with no effort to refute the facts I presented, says a lot about your wisdom on this subject.
Facts? I read a lot of butthurt and a lot of opinion in your opening post but very little in the way of facts.
All you really need to know is that the OP has set himself against the "Black Lives Matter" movement because some people of Native American ancestry -- NOT African ancestry, mind you -- have demolished a couple of worthless idols.

Did you get that?

He is against the people of one race because of the actions of a few members of another race.

This is not only racism, but misplaced racism -- using the actions of one race to justify hatred of another.


_________________
 
Since there is no singular, absolute definition of human nature,
nor any ultimate evaluation of human nature beyond that which we project onto others,
individuals should be judged or defined only by their actions and choices,
and not by what we only imagine their intentions and motivations to be.


Greatshield17
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Joined: 14 Sep 2012
Gender: Male
Posts: 431
Location: Columbia-Kootenay Region, British Columbia

23 Jun 2020, 12:00 pm

I just received word that there are now calls for mobs to break into churches and smash statues and icons of Jesus and Mary on the grounds that their portrayals are ethnically inaccurate.

Wow that was fast!


PS: Yes I know that the was once used by an obscure Italian neo-pagan, far-right in post-war Italian political faction in the early days of the republic, I do not support that faction and I'm pretty sure the person who made the video above didn't either.

PPS: I'll demolish the myths of St. Junipero Serra and respond to posts a bit later; right now, I have a couple of chores to take care of first.


_________________
Don't bother with me, I'm just a narrow-minded bigot who does nothing but "proselytize" not because I actually love the Faith, because no one loves the Faith, we're just "using it to justify our bigotry." If you see any thread by me on here that isn't "proselytizing," I can't explain that because that's obviously impossible; because again, all I've ever done on here is "proselytize."


Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 44,488
Location: Stendec

23 Jun 2020, 12:06 pm

Greatshield17 wrote:
I just received word that there are now calls for mobs to break into churches and smash statues and icons of Jesus and Mary on the grounds that their portrayals are ethnically inaccurate.
Seeing as how such idols exist mostly in places of worship outside the Reformist tradition, it is a near certainty that Christian churches will be safe.
Greatshield17 wrote:
I'll demolish the myths of St. Junipero Serra and respond to posts a bit later...
The only "Myths" regarding Juniperro Serra have originated from within the Vatican Hierarchy itself, and are easily refuted with historical facts.  I would rather see you explain your refusal to accept the fact that black lives do indeed matter...


_________________
 
Since there is no singular, absolute definition of human nature,
nor any ultimate evaluation of human nature beyond that which we project onto others,
individuals should be judged or defined only by their actions and choices,
and not by what we only imagine their intentions and motivations to be.


Redd_Kross
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

User avatar

Joined: 5 Jun 2020
Age: 45
Gender: Male
Posts: 453
Location: Derby, UK

23 Jun 2020, 1:11 pm

Greatshield17 wrote:
Blindly believing the myth that the great Saint Junipero Serra was a "monster" and "barbarian" with no effort to refute the facts I presented, says a lot about your wisdom on this subject.


Blindly stating it is a "myth" with no supporting evidence is just as bad, surely?

CNN article

Smithsonian article

Guardian

More from the Guardian

Firing line debate

Native News Online

Storied Land book - see p.28

"In the end, the great tragedy of the missions was an extraordinary high rate of mortality and demographic collapse... [M]issions were unhealthy places owing to overcrowding, poor nutrition, exposure to European pathogens (including syphilis), suppression of traditional medicine (including prenatal care and abortions), drudgery, and restrictions on freedom of movement.

Spanish colonial society in California foundered on a set of mortal contradictions. Predicated on grateful participation by indigenous peoples, the settlements fostered flight and death."

It would appear you are completely blinded by your faith.

Time to wake up.



Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 44,488
Location: Stendec

23 Jun 2020, 1:28 pm

Redd_Kross wrote:
Blindly stating it is a "myth" with no supporting evidence is just as bad, surely?

CNN article

Smithsonian article

Guardian

More from the Guardian

Firing line debate

Native News Online

Storied Land book - see p.28

"In the end, the great tragedy of the missions was an extraordinary high rate of mortality and demographic collapse... [M]issions were unhealthy places owing to overcrowding, poor nutrition, exposure to European pathogens (including syphilis), suppression of traditional medicine (including prenatal care and abortions), drudgery, and restrictions on freedom of movement.

Spanish colonial society in California foundered on a set of mortal contradictions. Predicated on grateful participation by indigenous peoples, the settlements fostered flight and death."

It would appear you are completely blinded by your faith.

Time to wake up.
Historical evidence versus blind faith ... I'm glad the Inquisition is no longer active!


_________________
 
Since there is no singular, absolute definition of human nature,
nor any ultimate evaluation of human nature beyond that which we project onto others,
individuals should be judged or defined only by their actions and choices,
and not by what we only imagine their intentions and motivations to be.


Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Age: 56
Gender: Female
Posts: 14,316
Location: Aux Arcs

23 Jun 2020, 3:07 pm

Bet Jesus would have knocked it down.Treated it the same way he treated the money lenders in the temple.
You are known by the fruit of your works and that “Saint” produced rotten fruit.


_________________
"Security is mostly a superstition.It does not exist in nature,nor do the children of men as a whole experience it.Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure.Life is either a daring adventure,or nothing." Helen Keller


funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Oct 2014
Age: 35
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,559
Location: I'm on the streets like curbs

23 Jun 2020, 3:26 pm

Fnord wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Greatshield17 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
You condemn BLM for bringing down statues of historical monsters? I've got to condemn your condemnation because people who treated indigenous peoples with savagery should not be glorified with statues or memorials.  I 100% support the removal of monuments to barbarians.
Blindly believing the myth that the great Saint Junipero Serra was a "monster" and "barbarian" with no effort to refute the facts I presented, says a lot about your wisdom on this subject.
Facts? I read a lot of butthurt and a lot of opinion in your opening post but very little in the way of facts.
All you really need to know is that the OP has set himself against the "Black Lives Matter" movement because some people of Native American ancestry -- NOT African ancestry, mind you -- have demolished a couple of worthless idols.

Did you get that?

He is against the people of one race because of the actions of a few members of another race.

This is not only racism, but misplaced racism -- using the actions of one race to justify hatred of another.


BLM is sympathetic to these sorts of indigenous concerns and indigenous people are more likely than average to support BLM given how closely black and indigenous issues mirror each other. Whether or not his racism is misplaced (which depends on how well he understands how much support there is for BLM among indigenous peoples, and how much support BLM has for indigenous concerns) his racism is obvious and reprehensible.

Fnord wrote:
Greatshield17 wrote:
I just received word that there are now calls for mobs to break into churches and smash statues and icons of Jesus and Mary on the grounds that their portrayals are ethnically inaccurate.
Seeing as how such idols exist mostly in places of worship outside the Reformist tradition, it is a near certainty that Christian churches will be safe.


Catholics and Orthodox Christians are Christians Fnord, your statement makes no sense.


_________________
Imagine this post narrated in the voice of Gilbert Gottfried


funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Oct 2014
Age: 35
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,559
Location: I'm on the streets like curbs

23 Jun 2020, 3:27 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
There been positive results...but some of these were “ positive” only from the viewpoint of one with a European/Christian mindset.


Yes, every time they succeeded at destroying elements of our cultures or converting people to their silly cult they'd describe that as a positive outcome, but from the perspective of the people who's culture they were trying to destroy it certainly would be a negative outcome.


_________________
Imagine this post narrated in the voice of Gilbert Gottfried


Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 44,488
Location: Stendec

23 Jun 2020, 5:29 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Greatshield17 wrote:
I just received word that there are now calls for mobs to break into churches and smash statues and icons of Jesus and Mary on the grounds that their portrayals are ethnically inaccurate.
Seeing as how such idols exist mostly in places of worship outside the Reformist tradition, it is a near certainty that Christian churches will be safe.
Catholics and Orthodox Christians are Christians Fnord, your statement makes no sense.
While this point may be debatable (read up on the Marianite cult), the real point is that the OP is over-reacting to the natural evolution of the social order.  Idols erected to hate are being pulled down and demolished, and religious organizations are neither exempt nor immune from the awakening of the masses to the iniquities of faith-based manipulation.

Maybe the OP should pray to his precious "icons" -- both male and female -- and beg them to intercede on his behalf to smite all the rest of us and deliver him from the heretics of the world.  After all, if his faith in dead images is at least equal to the faith of the Prophet Elijah, he should be able to conjure up a whirlwind to sweep us all away.


_________________
 
Since there is no singular, absolute definition of human nature,
nor any ultimate evaluation of human nature beyond that which we project onto others,
individuals should be judged or defined only by their actions and choices,
and not by what we only imagine their intentions and motivations to be.